11 months ago

Topic Stats

• 361 posts
  • 100 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by leonml
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 28 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

5D06E2C7-04BA-4E13-B7BD-1E186BB6FCF8 (resized).jpeg
beatmag (resized).jpg
32b6c25ca18087ad74328fba5afdab1e6d03f4a8 (resized).jpg
e017c17ff1df411dddd641f2c842cd7bc0d4d596 (resized).png
AladdinLunchboxThermosOM223a2 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
download (resized).jpg
ba6c78d52053d367a07b3e414fea1a65 (resized).jpg
Beatles_All_You_Need_Is_Love (resized).JPG
Beatles_Cartoon-1024x640[1] (resized).jpg
ringo (resized).jpg
Beatles-Mothball-Insect-Repellent (resized).jpg
th015516EE (resized).jpg
levi ball gloves (resized).JPG
still approved (resized).jpg

There are 361 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.
#201 11 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

From Hawkmoon:
Well,Fans,there you have it!!! I stated many times that Yelllow Sub.was not a Beatles movie!! MJ owns the whole catalog of their music! So,in retrospect they turned to a theme from the BBC show called "Ready,Steady.GO! which the BBC has the rights to use the music the Beatles recorded on the show!! Thats why only five songs appear to be included! And if you look at the Bradford Exchange collection of Beatles plates,you'll find all those girly colors used on the show! The plate was named "All you need is love" same as the show, same colors as they used on the pin! The now infamous JD told me about this 3 years ago at PAGG,cause he developed the idea!!
Sub par license is why you see what you see with only 5 songs. No way these rights cost a million-no way! This is turning into more of a cash grab than I originally thought.
People can try and spin it and joke about it, but it is not good for our hobby. Price gouging does nothing but piss people off. The only thing it will do is temporarily suck out some of the monies in the hobby for someone who loves the Beatles and has to have one. I am disappointed and think the sales tactics are sleazy.

Sorry, but I'm just not seeing it.
Beatles_All_You_Need_Is_Love (resized).JPG

#202 11 months ago

Would've been fun to have a basement playfield that was an octopus's garden and then roll out for a magical multiball tour.

#203 11 months ago
Quoted from Aurich:

How about this, put your $20 up since you think people complaining about the Beatles price are whiners with no clue. Put your money where your mouth is, Robin will be happy for the donation from one of us, Pinside wins either way. $20 says the base Beatles game costs more than a Stern Pro. We'll call it $5600 shipped, that's the current price as far as I know. Someone correct me if Deadpool is a different price.

Put up or shut up. You talk a lot, you post a lot more than I do, and you like to play Pinside cop, telling people if they're allowed to feel a certain way. Either put your money on the table, or find something new to whine about.

I actually LOL'd at this post. Not just the part about betting about something that probably has 100% agreement but also the comment about how much more CrazyLevi posts. If I understand the numbers below our avatars correctly, it looks like both Aurich and Crazy Levi have been on Pinside for 5 years. In that time, Aurich has made 20,412 posts and CrazyLevi has made 10,231. That's twice as many posts for Aurich, literally over 10,000 more posts. Surely this is a parody post and someone has hacked into Aurich's Pinside account?

#204 11 months ago

Obviously this game isn't marketed to me. I love the Beatles later years. I love the Guitar hero game.

Priced to high in my opinion.

Only thing I like is Seawitch design.

#205 11 months ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

I actually LOL'd at this post. Not just the part about betting about something that probably has 100% agreement but also the comment about how much more CrazyLevi posts. If I understand the numbers below our avatars correctly, it looks like both Aurich and Crazy Levi have been on Pinside for 5 years. In that time, Aurich has made 20,412 posts and CrazyLevi has made 10,231. That's twice as many posts for Aurich, literally over 10,000 more posts. Surely this is a parody post and someone has hacked into Aurich's Pinside account?

Lol I missed that. Yeah I talk a lot and post more than he does.

Wanna bet $20 Ripley?

#206 11 months ago

Who will be the first goofy mother fncker to start gluing these on top of their game???

ba6c78d52053d367a07b3e414fea1a65 (resized).jpg

"Hey, and check this out... nice huh?.....Came with a certificate of authenticity and everything!"

#207 11 months ago

He's more of a Newt.

#208 11 months ago

So what I heard if things stay the same is the price is going to be 8K. Not sure if that is street price or not though. Too much for me, I was hoping for more around $6500 or so but it is what it is. Still looking forward to trying this game out though. Looks like a lot of fun, just not 8K fun for me. Here's to hoping a friend close by gets one.

#209 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

He's more of a Newt.

He mostly posts twice as much as I do.

moustly.

#210 11 months ago

November 6 is full release date. Can wait to see the LCD screen! What color will the legs and metal trim be? What will the cabinet art look like? How different will the three levels be? Let’s get this thread back on track....take the other stuff to other threads

#211 11 months ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

November 6 is full release date. Can wait to see the LCD screen! What color will the legs and metal trim be? What will the cabinet art look like? How different will the three levels be? Let’s get this thread back on track....take the other stuff to other threads

I'd look to Batman 66.

Similar art packages. Sparkly trim. Extra plastic figures. A topper. Lighted speakers and upgraded sound...that kind of stuff. Nothing that's gonna change anyone's mind about the project.

And I feel ya brother, but really, just like the dying hatethread, we are ALL in a holding pattern till the November 6 release, when we'll have a lot of stuff to excited about or complain about. Until then I guess the juice is squeezed all out of this one.

But thanks everybody for nurturing this lovefest with your good vibes and kind thoughts! It was really a wonderful counterpart to the hatethread and you all helped make it a smashing success!

#212 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'd look to Batman 66.
Similar art packages. Sparkly trim. Extra plastic figures. A topper. Lighted speakers and upgraded sound...that kind of stuff. Nothing that's gonna change anyone's mind about the project.

Wonder if Paul or Ringo were involved in this at all? Maybe like Batman or Kiss LE with autographs or possible custom callout for the 100 Diamond Edition machines?

#213 11 months ago

I'm a huge Beatles fan and although I would have liked a modern game, I think this does capture the time period they chose (1964...which is on the game itself as well as the songs chosen). Hopefully I get the opportunity to play it one day.

#214 11 months ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Obviously this game isn't marketed to me. I love the Beatles later years. I love the Guitar hero game.
Priced to high in my opinion.
Only thing I like is Seawitch design.

I didn't know price information was released. What was it about the price you found too much? How much was it?

#215 11 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Does seem easier to judge facts. I would never tell anyone what game they should like or own but to see any product or company judged on assumption or rumor just seems silly. Kind of like assuming because they pulled a Beatles license they would get the Entire music library. lol They couldn't pull that card if the games cost 500k. I will judge, purchase, or pass After I hear the facts and play one. Till then I will stand behind CrazyLevi. (Did I just say that???)

I am standing behind CrazyLevi too! I never thought I would say that either! One thing is for sure, we all love pinball. I am looking forward to Nov 6th.

#216 11 months ago

I just hope this thing doesn’t take the music slot on the stern release rotation.

#217 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He mostly posts twice as much as I do.
moustly.

It feels like you post 10x more than he does

#218 11 months ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You talk a lot, you post a lot more than I do, and you like to play Pinside cop, telling people if they're allowed to feel a certain way.

Project much?

#219 11 months ago

And I give Aurich major props for his work on Alien

Levi is a New Yorker, what do expect! The only time he’s not complaining is when he’s pulling out the knee pads for Stern

Fuggetaboutit!

#220 11 months ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

I didn't know price information was released. What was it about the price you found too much? How much was it?

Not official but the gold are 8k.

#221 11 months ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Beatles looks about as exciting as The Jetsons.

Better!

#223 11 months ago

And then Munsters late November/early December. Short runway for this one as if it matters anyhow.

#224 11 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And then Munsters late November/early December. Short runway for this one as if it matters anyhow.

It’s almost as if Stern just churns ‘em out, and if you don’t want this one, there’s always another right around the corner!

See, there’s always a silver lining, Tex!

#225 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s almost as if Stern just churns ‘em out, and if you don’t want this one, there’s always another right around the corner!
See, there’s always a silver lining, Tex!

Amen brother! Gotta love it.

#226 11 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Amen brother! Gotta love it.

You have to worry about market saturation at some point.

#227 11 months ago
Quoted from hank527:

You have to worry about market saturation at some point.

WE don’t have to worry about that.

Not our problem frankly.

#228 11 months ago

Levi, amongst your pro pinball buddies, how popular do you think a vault edition of Stern electronics classic games would be? How bout cost? I was thinking if they can make a Quicksilver for 5K or less they would sell like hot cakes and be praised. Price at 8K, you will still get a few big money sales but piss off a lot more people. I'd go with volume and then you can repeat the process numerous times for various different games. As long as the product justifies cost, with Beatles, while a classic, I don't see 10K+ here. Wish you luck brother.

#229 11 months ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Levi, amongst your pro pinball buddies, how popular do you think a vault edition of Stern electronics classic games would be? How bout cost? I was thinking if they can make a Quicksilver for 5K or less they would sell like hot cakes and be praised. Price at 8K, you will still get a few big money sales but piss off a lot more people. I'd go with volume and then you can repeat the process numerous times for various different games. As long as the product justifies cost, with Beatles, while a classic, I don't see 10K+ TD lhere. Wish you luck brother.

I’m sure they’d love to play it as I would, but it’s really not an overlap. A pretty small percentage of tournament players are buying new sterns on the reg. Stern isn’t making games for those guys.

Most of the tourney crowd is pretty cheap, nothing like the free-spending folks around here.

#230 11 months ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You talk a lot, you post a lot more than I do, and you like to play Pinside cop, telling people if they're allowed to feel a certain way.

This is kinda funny. Levi posts aLOT, but you’ve literally got 2X more Pinside posts than he does. And that’s literally 10,000 more posts in this case! And over the years, a lot of them have been commentary about the behavior of Pinside.

All good. I’ve loved every minute of it.

#231 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'd look to Batman 66.
And I feel ya brother, but really, just like the dying hatethread, we are ALL in a holding pattern till the November 6 release, when we'll have a lot of stuff to excited about or complain about. Until then I guess the juice is squeezed all out of this one.
But thanks everybody for nurturing this lovefest with your good vibes and kind thoughts! It was really a wonderful counterpart to the hatethread and you all helped make it a smashing success!

I hope we passed the audition!

#232 11 months ago

Turns out I've got plenty of love for the game. Just not enough cash to blow.

#233 11 months ago

Alright, I'm going to take a moment to reconsider my initial reaction. My initial negative reaction was to the artwork, but that might be unfair to the artist. There seems to be a rumor that Stern was limited to Beatlemania, so if that's the case, perhaps this art direction is more fitting to the theme. Though, even in that case I think I'd have still gone with more movement. Perhaps something where the band is jumping or running. This just feels static. If Stern did have a choice, I would have preferred for them to go with some of their "studio year" albums. I look at the Cirque du Solei show, Love. They took general themes from the band and wrapped them up into a fun, energetic, and somewhat trippy experience. I guess that's more along the lines of what I was expecting. This reminds me more of a Norman Rockwell painting.

#234 11 months ago

The art is reminiscent of the Beatles merchandise from that era.

AladdinLunchboxThermosOM223a2 (resized).jpg
#235 11 months ago

i wish it was remake of orbitor 1.

Mostly for the fact that stern would be making spinner parts and I could get new foam for mine.

#236 11 months ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i wish it was remake of orbitor 1.

That game put Stern out of business once; hopefully they aren't crazy enough to try it twice.

#237 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Take it to the hatethread boss!!!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-beatles-kapow-stern-pinball-official-speculation-thread
This here thread is all about feeling the love.

I actually think the game will sell well to fans and the art is appropriate. I just thought the video was crummy!

#238 11 months ago
Quoted from jp1985:

I actually think the game will sell well to fans and the art is appropriate. I just thought the video was crummy!

The video is crummy, and maybe Stern doesn't want to give too much away.

I think it's going to be a lot of fun. Seawitch has proven to be a great game. Now with a tweaked playfield design, more goodies, new rules and multiball, the four-flippered-frenzy is going to be a helluva player!

#239 11 months ago

Curious what demographics they are aiming for ? I know it will sell well, but personally, I don't get it. I didn't get JJP's WOZ, either....until I played it, and now it's my favorite "new" game. When they make a Zeppelin or a Rush pin, I'll spring for one.

#240 11 months ago
Quoted from seeburg220:

Curious what demographics they are aiming for ?

I’m no marketing expert but...I’ll go out on a wild limb...

Maybe Beatles fans.

#241 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m no marketing expert but...I’ll go out on a wild limb...
Maybe Beatles fans.

Ha, you're killin me Levi!
...love fest or not, I heard a price for the Diamond Edition, and Pinside is gonna freak out.
Millionaire Beatles fans only on that one.

#242 11 months ago

Get the Beatles pin before it’s too late and they are gone. Lest I remind you people, the Beatles were the biggest thing in 1964 aside from JFK. Hahaha.

#243 11 months ago

Although I’m sure some pinside collectors might buy it. Most will squirm over the price and say they are out. Just as they have for Supreme Pinball. And like Supreme, The Beatles Pinball was created for the die hard Beatles fan that must have the ultimate collectible. Will they care it doesn’t have an upper playfield and ramps. Simply put NO. It will not matter to them they’re not die hard pinball collectors that will be comparing it to most recent other cornerstone games. It’s a Beatles collectible and they will want to own it. There are millions of Beatles fans around the world surely no matter what the cost, 1964 of them will want to purchase these games at all different trim levels. Only time will tell but I have a good feeling these won’t be available very long before being sold out.

#244 11 months ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Although I’m sure some pinside collectors might buy it. Most will squirm over the price and say they are out. Just as they have for Supreme Pinball. And like Supreme, The Beatles Pinball was created for the die hard Beatles fan that must have the ultimate collectible. There are millions of Beatles fans around the world surely no matter what the cost, 1964 of them will want to purchase these games at all different trim levels.

This isn't a collectable, though. It might one day be, but it isn't now.

#245 11 months ago
Quoted from tamoore:

This isn't a collectable, though. It might one day be, but it isn't now.

Just like the KISS army was going to go crazy for Kiss pinball.

#246 11 months ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Correct. I thought they might, but they didn't. That gives me the same cause for pause on this title.

#247 11 months ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Although I’m sure some pinside collectors might buy it. Most will squirm over the price and say they are out. Just as they have for Supreme Pinball. And like Supreme, The Beatles Pinball was created for the die hard Beatles fan that must have the ultimate collectible. Will they care it doesn’t have an upper playfield and ramps. Simply put NO. It will not matter to them they’re not die hard pinball collectors that will be comparing it to most recent other cornerstone games. It’s a Beatles collectible and they will want to own it. There are millions of Beatles fans around the world surely no matter what the cost, 1964 of them will want to purchase these games at all different trim levels. Only time will tell but I have a good feeling these won’t be available very long before being sold out.

gotta love that you only show up to hype the new games for sales, lol.

#248 11 months ago

Beatles Reconsidered: All You Need is Love (Great Title) the only thing that the title needs is a little tweaking.
Beatles Reconsidered: "All You Need Is To Start Over".

I wouldn't pay 4k for that "reto". Nothing is on the machine, Looks like a Stern stripped down pass the pro model, with a Stern $$$$$$$$ price tag.
Look at all the money they save putting nothing on the game to call it a "retro" and all the cash they get out of your wallet.
Beatles deserve a much better machine and so do the fans. I'll put this on my turd list.

#249 11 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

gotta love that you only show up to hype the new games for sales, lol.

I’m not hyping it. I’m simply stating this machines target audience is not the pinball collectors the same went for Supreme.

Time will tell.

#250 11 months ago
Quoted from jgentry:

If you look back into the long tortured history of Pinside, you'll see that I never believed the Kiss Army would show up for Kiss Pinball. The mighty legacy of the KISS merchandising machine has been a hyped up myth for decades. The KISS army's ranks are decimated from age and neglect, and KISS fans always favored cheap trinkets for their shelf, with the original Bally KISS - which has been available, relatively cheap, and plentiful for 40 years as the holy KISS grail - for their basements. I Think Stern bought into the nonsense and were ill-advised to (likely over)pay for the KISS license in the 21st century.

I just don't think you can compare the marketing BS of Gene Simmons and company with The Beatles. We'll see soon enough.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
There are 361 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside