Beatles_All_You_Need_Is_Love (resized).JPG
Beatles_Cartoon-1024x640[1] (resized).jpg
ringo (resized).jpg
Beatles-Mothball-Insect-Repellent (resized).jpg
th015516EE (resized).jpg
levi ball gloves (resized).JPG
still approved (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 361 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.
#151 5 years ago

This game needs Golden Slumber music because it looks like a snoozer. Sorry Levi but the art and music are weak.

#152 5 years ago

Beatles looks about as exciting as The Jetsons.

#153 5 years ago

Is their a Bash Ringo mode?

Otherwise, I'm out.

ringo (resized).jpgringo (resized).jpg
#155 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Christ Mr. "hey did you know I was involved in Alien" is here to shit up my love thread.
Thanks a lot dude!!!
Serenity now....

Hey it’s Mr. Stern’s Business Models Have Feelings Too here to white knight people jabbering on a forum so Stern won’t feel sad, you’re welcome!

#156 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Is their a Bash Ringo mode?

Otherwise, I'm out.

LEAVE POOR RINGO OUT OF THIS!!!!

#157 5 years ago

Lol, they do look like they could be related some how...maybe it's the nose.

#158 5 years ago

Levi, I hope Stern chooses your tournament for their Pro Circuit next year. Stunts like this will definitely help.

Good luck!

#159 5 years ago

I hope the LCD animations are done in the style of the terrible cartoon of roughly the same period.

Beatles_Cartoon-1024x640[1] (resized).jpgBeatles_Cartoon-1024x640[1] (resized).jpg
#160 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Pretty shitty for a fellow pinball artist to just straight out dump on another artist like that. If you don't like the art you can at least say something in a respectful way about it. Pretty sure you didn't care for people attacking your art like this. Franchi isn't my favorite artist at stern but it's more of a style thing for me. A lot of people love his work just like many people like your work on Alien. No real reason to be a jerk about it.

Uh, I ate shit from a lot of people about my art, and I didn't get butt hurt over it. It's a forum, people post opinions, adults deal with it. The people who got personal got added to my ignore list. Life went on.

The game looks like a Rolling Stones era Stern license paste job, I'm not gonna pretend otherwise out of some "code of pinball artist" nonsense. If this forum is just for "being nice" then Robin should just shut it down and everyone can go home. When I'm excited about something I don't have to fake it, it's a pleasure to be excited. When something looks bad I don't pretend it's actually good just because it's pinball, and we need to tiptoe around it.

Quoted from jgentry:

Lol, what are you talking about. Dude just straight up called Franchi a lazy ass hack.

They took Seawitch, added a couple mechs, and slathered it in Beatles License Juice™, it is a lazy ass hack job. I think Christopher Franchi is plenty talented, I have an original print by him. But that doesn't mean the game looks good. His talents are better served by large portraits, I don't think he does collage well.

Repeating the band members 20 times, and then filling the empty space with record and music clip art doesn't make a good package. That's my opinion. You don't have to agree, but you don't get to tell me I'm wrong either. That's how opinions work.

The original Seawitch art isn't amazing, but it's sure a hell of a lot more interesting than this. I'd give Stern a lot of props if they shows this as Seawitch 2.0, with optional updated code, so you could play the original or a modern version, complete with new magnet (the spinning disk is lame and could definitely go). They didn't, they half assed their expensive license, couldn't even do a new layout, so I'm not gonna suck them off.

#161 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Levi, I hope Stern chooses your tournament for their Pro Circuit next year. Stunts like this will definitely help.
Good luck!

blatantly obvious to those paying attention...

#162 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Uh, I ate shit from a lot of people about my art, and I didn't get butt hurt over it. It's a forum, people post opinions, adults deal with it. The people who got personal got added to my ignore list. Life went on.
The game looks like a Rolling Stones era Stern license paste job, I'm not gonna pretend otherwise out of some "code of pinball artist" nonsense. If this forum is just for "being nice" then Robin should just shut it down and everyone can go home. When I'm excited about something I don't have to fake it, it's a pleasure to be excited. When something looks bad I don't pretend it's actually good just because it's pinball, and we need to tiptoe around it.

They took Seawitch, added a couple mechs, and slathered it in Beatles License Juice™, it is a lazy ass hack job. I think Christopher Franchi is plenty talented, I have an original print by him. But that doesn't mean the game looks good. His talents are better served by large portraits, I don't think he does collage well.
Repeating the band members 20 times, and then filling the empty space with record and music clip art doesn't make a good package. That's my opinion. You don't have to agree, but you don't get to tell me I'm wrong either. That's how opinions work.
The original Seawitch art isn't amazing, but it's sure a hell of a lot more interesting than this. I'd give Stern a lot of props if they shows this as Seawitch 2.0, with optional updated code, so you could play the original or a modern version, complete with new magnet (the spinning disk is lame and could definitely go). They didn't, they half assed their expensive license, couldn't even do a new layout, so I'm not gonna suck them off.

I didn't say tip toe around anything, theres no reason to be a dick though. And you got plenty butthurt and disappeared from the forums for a while, cant say as I blame you as some people were just straight up asses to you.

I like your Alien work, I like most of your work. That doesn't excuse the way you talk about other artists though. Its straight up bush league and you of all people should know better.

#163 5 years ago

All we need is Love....love is all we need

#164 5 years ago

WNBJM, is truly a limited edition, not to mention , offers a better bang for the buck. This is Sterns most pethitic money grab. BTW, I own or have owned most every stern since 2001.

#165 5 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Tom petty free fall?

Iron Maiden Iron Maiden? (I CAN'T have been first with this one)

#166 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

blatantly obvious to those paying attention...

Looks like Levi just having some laughs to me. You guys take this shit too seriously.

#167 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I didn't say tip toe around anything, theres no reason to be a dick though. And you got plenty butthurt and disappeared from the forums for a while, cant say as I blame you as some people were just straight up asses to you.

I disappeared because I was sour on pinball in general, not because people were mean to me. The shitty experience I had didn't have anything to do with Pinside. It's a forum, where people talk, and talk shit. That's healthy and normal and fine. We don't need to boost companies. Saying BOO STERN SUCKS doesn't make their games drop in value or something the way people act.

And frankly Stern doesn't suck. Stern is doing way better work all the time now. You know why? Because they got sick of our whining and bitching and getting savaged left and right. You think it's a coincidence that we all clambered for hand drawn art and then suddenly all their pins started featuring it? I'm with the squeaky wheel theory. You make noise to get noticed.

You're 100% right that we shouldn't make it personal. It's a balance. If you don't like Lonnie's games I think that's okay to say. But he kept the lights on when pinball almost died and Stern was a pretty shitty place to be. So I think you can respect him without liking his work. Same with Franchi, you can think he's a great portrait artist with a lot of talent, who doesn't always nail the entire package. Or maybe the license screwed him, who knows.

I think the Beatles pin, as a vision, is lazy and trite commercial work. I don't think Franchi is lazy or a hack. That's the difference, to me at least.

Quoted from jgentry:

I like your Alien work, I like most of your work. That doesn't excuse the way you talk about other artists though. Its straight up bush league and you of all people should know better.

I appreciate your point of view here, (and thank you) but I think it's always better to just be honest. Apparently getting the Beatles is a big deal of a license, and all they can do is recycle an old game, and slap an art package on it that looks like it's there to fill space, not tell any kind of story. That's lame. We don't need filler pinball, and especially not for the prices these are likely to have slapped on them. I dunno what they are, but I'm guessing the limited Diamond games aren't gonna be cheap.

We could just all shut the hell up and let the market speak, but that's no fun, I'm here to discuss. Argue with me, and change my mind, if you think I'm wrong. I'm open to listening.

To me the early solid state era isn't about nostalgia, because I didn't grow up playing pinball, I was a video arcade rat. It's great because it's just chock full of imagination. The games were simple and focused, and the stories were open ended and had some mystery. What the fuck is a Seawitch? I have no idea. It just sounds cool, and the game looks cool.

That's what I want back. TNA was that, there's a story, but it's convoluted and just part of a vibe, nothing gets spelled out. You don't have your hand held, and that's what I like. Don't pre-chew the theme for me.

#168 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

HOWEVER what absolutely kills this for me is the price. Are we forgetting how much this game is going for?

Why is this such a huge complaint and confusing thing since Stern Never announced Any pricing yet?? Why does everyone get so angry about things that haven't actually happened. Seems only fair to burn them at the cross After they actually announce a price no?

#169 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Why is this such a huge complaint and confusing thing since Stern Never announced Any pricing yet?? Why does everyone get so angry about things that haven't actually happened. Seems only fair to burn them at the cross After they actually announce a price no?

Burn! Burn! Burn'em Now!

#170 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

People refuse to grant stern this courteousy for some weird reason. Except for us here in the we love you yeah, yeah, yeah thread!

Thanks to everybody for contributing. I’m really starting to get hyped up to play this machine. I just found out there will be a diamond for me to play locally so I’m super psyched.

#171 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I mean, if you don't pay attention to anything I say and just heard "early solid state ... modern release" and run with it, sure. Otherwise it's nothing like what I've advocated for. Starting with the fact that this looks like a poster child for buying a license and slapping it on an existing game like that's any kind of design. Recycled layout, lazy-ass license hack-job art, hard pass. It's a cash-in, and that's it. I really don't care about Levi's sad little "but think of their business model" post, how they try to make money isn't my problem.

If you want to over-pay for one then go for it, but I just want to see the magnet in action and then forget it exists.

Hmmmm... Hack-Job art, you say? Well, that's a classy statement. Show a little respect for your peers. Show a little class. Try a little humility. What's your next job, hot shot? A childrens book? A restaurant menu? Why don't you pipe down and discuss things like an adult, not some playground troll.

#172 5 years ago

The White album done in all white sign me up.

#173 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

The White album done in all white sign me up.

With the serial number printed on the backglass.

Could work.

#174 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I think the loud Pinside minority are doing most of the complaining. The same ones that rank games they have never played really low, tell you how crap a game is they have never played and jump on threads to cause issues. I feel that there is a large majority of silent Pinsiders that are waiting to see what Stern have to say about pricing, etc, etc.

I like what Stern have put out for The Beatles and I would like to play one (if the chance arises) and see what price point will be before making my mind up. It is a pinball machine that took a lot of time and effort to make so appreciate it for what it is. I like it.

#175 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I think the loud Pinside minority are doing most of the complaining. The same ones that rank games they have never played really low, tell you how crap a game is they have never played and jump on threads to cause issues. I feel that there is a large majority of silent Pinsiders that are waiting to see what Stern have to say about pricing, etc, etc.
I like what Stern have put out for The Beatles and I would like to play one (if the chance arises) and see what price point will be before making my mind up. It is a pinball machine that took a lot of time and effort to make so appreciate it for what it is. I like it.

Does seem easier to judge facts. I would never tell anyone what game they should like or own but to see any product or company judged on assumption or rumor just seems silly. Kind of like assuming because they pulled a Beatles license they would get the Entire music library. lol They couldn't pull that card if the games cost 500k. I will judge, purchase, or pass After I hear the facts and play one. Till then I will stand behind CrazyLevi. (Did I just say that???)

#176 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

to see any product or company judged on assumption or rumor just seems silly

You've been here for 14 years, surely you've figured out by now that's at least 50% of the posts here?

Seriously though, let's be real about this. These are facts:

ONLY 100 DIAMOND EDITION GAMES
ONLY 250 PLATINUM EDITION GAMES
ONLY 1614 GOLD EDITION GAMES
ONLY 1964 GAMES IN TOTAL

Anyone want to bet what the price points are gonna be? I'm in for $20 that says the Gold edition are more than a Stern Pro, anyone want to take that bet? Easy money if it's just a rumor and this simpler game is gonna be a bargain.

$20, loser donates it to Pinside. Who's up for the base model being equal in cost to a Stern Pro or cheaper?

Source: https://thebeatlesstore.com/pages/the-beatles-pinball-machines

#177 5 years ago

I’m a fan of the Beatles music and of all of the 4 members in solo. With a music catalog of this size, a theme had to be carved out. I suspect the license was heavy handed on what material was available. The story of how and why will come out and I’ll lenjoy hearing about it.

I’ve mentioned many times that Stern has (mostly) priced me out of the Premium and LE market. This game isn’t targeted at a buyer like me. I wish Stern the best and hope this does well.

#178 5 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

The story of how and why will come out and I’ll lenjoy hearing about it.

From Hawkmoon:
Well,Fans,there you have it!!! I stated many times that Yelllow Sub.was not a Beatles movie!! MJ owns the whole catalog of their music! So,in retrospect they turned to a theme from the BBC show called "Ready,Steady.GO! which the BBC has the rights to use the music the Beatles recorded on the show!! Thats why only five songs appear to be included! And if you look at the Bradford Exchange collection of Beatles plates,you'll find all those girly colors used on the show! The plate was named "All you need is love" same as the show, same colors as they used on the pin! The now infamous JD told me about this 3 years ago at PAGG,cause he developed the idea!!

Sub par license is why you see what you see with only 5 songs. No way these rights cost a million-no way! This is turning into more of a cash grab than I originally thought.

People can try and spin it and joke about it, but it is not good for our hobby. Price gouging does nothing but piss people off. The only thing it will do is temporarily suck out some of the monies in the hobby for someone who loves the Beatles and has to have one. I am disappointed and think the sales tactics are sleazy.

#179 5 years ago

This is supposed to be a thread about love for the Beatles pin....thread is getting off track (of course)...more love, less bickering, please.

#180 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

From Hawkmoon:
Well,Fans,there you have it!!! I stated many times that Yelllow Sub.was not a Beatles movie!! MJ owns the whole catalog of their music! So,in retrospect they turned to a theme from the BBC show called "Ready,Steady.GO! which the BBC has the rights to use the music the Beatles recorded on the show!! Thats why only five songs appear to be included! And if you look at the Bradford Exchange collection of Beatles plates,you'll find all those girly colors used on the show! The plate was named "All you need is love" same as the show, same colors as they used on the pin! The now infamous JD told me about this 3 years ago at PAGG,cause he developed the idea!!
Sub par license is why you see what you see with only 5 songs. No way these rights cost a million-no way! This is turning into more of a cash grab than I originally thought.
People can try and spin it and joke about it, but it is not good for our hobby. Price gouging does nothing but piss people off. The only thing it will do is temporarily suck out some of the monies in the hobby for someone who loves the Beatles and has to have one. I am disappointed and think the sales tactics are sleazy.

Sorry. Another argument I don’t understand. So Bugatti, Ferrari and such shouldn’t make million dollar cars because they are not accessible to the world of car collectors? When will everyone understand that pinball can be bigger than the reach of Pinside and home collectors? I couldn’t afford an SLE Batman should I hate Stern for making and selling it?

#181 5 years ago

L*O*V*E - Magnets

L*O*V*E - Seawitch

L*O*V*E - Beatles

L*O*V*E - Pinball

Magnet-Seawitch-Beatles-Pinball ?

L*O*V*E - Chocolate

L*O*V*E - Pretzels

L*O*V*E - Bacon

L*O*V*E - Pizza

Chocolate-Pretzel-Bacon-Pizza ?

In both cases i could see loving it or throwing up all night into a bucket of regret.

Love carefully.

#182 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

that pinball can be bigger than the reach of Pinside and home collectors?

Bigger by artificial collectability, and capitalizing on a particular franchise. Pinball can be bigger, but does greed need to be involved? The whole Supreme model was a joke and so is this. Trying to justify Ka-pow's pricing structure has me doing a double face palm.

If I was Stern I would stick with the bread and butter that has been their trademark which is fun affordable commercial machines. Unless Gary wants to retire and cash out, he is dragging Sterns name through the mud. Stern could do just fine selling machines at an affordable price for what you get. If the franchise is too expensive-then don't make it. I would rather see an affordable non-licensed creative machine instead of this abomination.

#183 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I think the loud Pinside minority are doing most of the complaining. T

Very good point.

I for one, think it's time for the Silent Majority to rise up and make their voices heard on November 6!!

Err....

Quoted from pinmister:

Unless Gary wants to retire and cash out, he is dragging Sterns name through the mud. S.

Sorry dude, but this is nonsense, and it's all in your head. Stern is selling machines, making people happy, and annoying a few pinsiders. You know, like EVERY pinball company.

#184 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Very good point.
I for one, think it's time for the Silent Majority to rise up and make their voices heard on November 6!!
Err....

Reported.

#185 5 years ago

Honestly, from the preview vid, the pin looks cool as hell. Colors look nice and bright. Lines are clean.

I hope the playfield wears like my TSPP. Cartoon-like art but not as "busy" as some of their most recent pins. They don't look good with dimpling.

#186 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Honestly, from the preview vid, the pin looks cool as hell. Colors look nice and bright. Lines are clean.

Couldn't agree more.

Every single game that comes out people bitch about the art and say it's garish.

You know, like hundreds of games before it. Cause you know, it's a pinball machine. It's supposed to grab attention!

#187 5 years ago

Gotta hand it to Stern. Oktoberfest feels like old news and nobody is complaining about it anymore.

#188 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Gotta hand it to Stern. Oktoberfest feels like old news and nobody is complaining about it anymore.

LOL yeah. Pinside has trouble hating more than one thing at a time. Kinda like my grandmother, she was always pissed off at one of us.

#189 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

LOL yeah. Pinside has trouble hating more than one thing at a time. Kinda like my grandmother, she was always pissed off at one of us.

I thought the Pinside view of Oktoberfest was almost totally positive. What did I miss?

#190 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah but the difference (if like my grandmother) is she was pissed off at you but calling you the other persons Name! lol

#191 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I thought the Pinside view of Oktoberfest was almost totally positive. What did I miss?

Some people were complaining about the music and the art.

#192 5 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Some people were complaining about the music and the art.

And long wireforms

#193 5 years ago

and long ball times
and the Alien guy had some things to say about the art

#194 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

and the Alien guy had some things to say about the art

Did I? I think you read what you want to read.

How about this, put your $20 up since you think people complaining about the Beatles price are whiners with no clue. Put your money where your mouth is, Robin will be happy for the donation from one of us, Pinside wins either way. $20 says the base Beatles game costs more than a Stern Pro. We'll call it $5600 shipped, that's the current price as far as I know. Someone correct me if Deadpool is a different price.

Put up or shut up. You talk a lot, you post a lot more than I do, and you like to play Pinside cop, telling people if they're allowed to feel a certain way. Either put your money on the table, or find something new to whine about.

#195 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Did I? I think you read what you want to read.
How about this, put your $20 up since you think people complaining about the Beatles price are whiners with no clue. Put your money where your mouth is, Robin will be happy for the donation from one of us, Pinside wins either way. $20 says the base Beatles game costs more than a Stern Pro. We'll call it $5600 shipped, that's the current price as far as I know. Someone correct me if Deadpool is a different price.
Put up or shut up. You talk a lot, you post a lot more than I do, and you like to play Pinside cop, telling people if they're allowed to feel a certain way. Either put your money on the table, or find something new to whine about.

Wow the internet bet? About something I don't even believe? (only an idiot would expect this to cost below $5600. Just like only an idiot would go on extended rants about prices that HAVEN'T BEEN ANNOUNCED YET AND NOBODY KNOWS)

You sure you don't want to argue about who is more like Hitler?

Why would I make a bet with some dude I've never met over an opinion? Unless I were 12?

Here's where you call me chicken. Checkmate!

Well played sir.

So do you have anything nice to say about the Beatles?

#196 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So do you have anything nice to say about the Beatles?

they dont wear socks with sandals.

#197 5 years ago

Nine Inch Nails Nine Ball

#198 5 years ago

Is there any info on what kind of display will be there? I couldn't see one in the teaser.

#199 5 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Is there any info on what kind of display will be there? I couldn't see one in the teaser.

EM reel score

#200 5 years ago

This was a title I was looking forward to for a long long time. Rules and gameplay, I don't have an issue with, it'll play nice I'm sure.

I would be okay with this concept if they offered this in a basic non-limited production that we can all ''afford''-aka Pro version without all the fancy trim.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

10,282 (OBO)
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 361 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beatles-reconsidred-all-you-need-is-love/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.