Beatles_All_You_Need_Is_Love (resized).JPG
Beatles_Cartoon-1024x640[1] (resized).jpg
ringo (resized).jpg
Beatles-Mothball-Insect-Repellent (resized).jpg
th015516EE (resized).jpg
levi ball gloves (resized).JPG
still approved (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

There are 361 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.
#101 5 years ago

Beatles 65' is a fav album for me. It'd be great if when the ball drains it broke into "I'm a Loser."

#102 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

As someone who's been advocating for years for modern takes on classic solid state style games I wish this was something actually interesting to me, I want the idea to succeed and maybe grow into something more. Hopefully it's at least fun, I have zero interest in this though.
Actually, I take that back, I'd like to see how that top orbit magnet works, that's the one thing that has me curious.

I could see Stern face palming themselves at this post. Zero interest? It seems like it's pretty close to what you've been advocating, at least close enough to warrant some level of interest. All we do know about the pin is that it's probably going to be a modern take on a classic solid state game along with rumors that it's going to be expensive.

I get that most hipster pinheads would rather see Sea Witch 2 -- but a Beatles theme does seem to fit fairly well with pins of that era. So if it's a Sea Witch with deeper code and a Beatles theme there is zero interest? Just seems like a lot of over the top reactions to this pin. I'm guessing it's a combination of an oddly slow paced video,Joe K's personality rubbing people the wrong way on the podcast and the price rumors.

If it is $7500 and is a fun/deep version of Sea Witch, I can see it selling fine. Too rich for me, but hardly a sign of the coming pinball apocalypse.

#103 5 years ago

I get that they are charging a premium for the theme and I'm OK with that. My biggest issue with the game is the era, early Beatles. If this had been done around the White Album say it would have much more appeal.

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from clg:

If this had been done around the White Album say it would have much more appeal.

.... for you.

#105 5 years ago

Anyone know if different sound files can be used like on the other Stern games?

#106 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I'm sure the Diamond and Platinum ones are going to be stupid expensive but they are not targeting pinball players with them. The only thing I care about is what the gold has and how much it costs. If it's inline with TNA or close then I don't see how people can really bitch all that much. At best a new TNA with no upgrades is $6200+ delivered and with all of the options can push close to 8K.

Hopefully the build quality will be like a TnA and have that incredible DEFAULT sound quality

It's incredible how divided people are on this topic.....

#107 5 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

There at least should be an option to play seawitch rules

Yes! An option, or even an easter egg to play Seawitch with the classic rules and sounds.

#111 5 years ago

Normally I don't have a big interest in the new Stern stuff, but this game genuinely has me excited. Hoping they'll bring a few to next year's Midwest Gaming Classic.

#112 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It just goes to show how skewed our perception of money is in this hobby when we think a $5K+ game is affordable.

well they sure as hell sold a shitboatload of them!

Neil.

#113 5 years ago

I'll do that pro bono - classic

Neil.

#114 5 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Yes! An option, or even an easter egg to play Seawitch with the classic rules and sounds.

That's a genius idea.

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This here thread is all about feeling the love.

On paper, I like the additions made to the Sea Witch layout. We'll have to see how it plays. If it shoots great, as expected, it will introduce newer players to how fun the older SS titles can be.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Take it to the hatethread boss!!!

I agree, let's leave cost, build quality, manuals, Spike reliability and serviceability, etc for the other threads.

#116 5 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

I could see Stern face palming themselves at this post. Zero interest? It seems like it's pretty close to what you've been advocating, at least close enough to warrant some level of interest.

I mean, if you don't pay attention to anything I say and just heard "early solid state ... modern release" and run with it, sure. Otherwise it's nothing like what I've advocated for. Starting with the fact that this looks like a poster child for buying a license and slapping it on an existing game like that's any kind of design. Recycled layout, lazy-ass license hack-job art, hard pass. It's a cash-in, and that's it. I really don't care about Levi's sad little "but think of their business model" post, how they try to make money isn't my problem.

If you want to over-pay for one then go for it, but I just want to see the magnet in action and then forget it exists.

#117 5 years ago

Christ Mr. "hey did you know I was involved in Alien" is here to shit up my love thread.

Thanks a lot dude!!!

Serenity now....

#118 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

about feeling the love.

too easy

still approved (resized).jpgstill approved (resized).jpg
#119 5 years ago

amazed you can type so much in this thread with your special gloves on

levi ball gloves (resized).JPGlevi ball gloves (resized).JPG
#120 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I mean, if you don't pay attention to anything I say and just heard "early solid state ... modern release" and run with it, sure. Otherwise it's nothing like what I've advocated for. Starting with the fact that this looks like a poster child for buying a license and slapping it on an existing game like that's any kind of design. Recycled layout, lazy-ass license hack-job art, hard pass. It's a cash-in, and that's it. I really don't care about Levi's sad little "but think of their business model" post, how they try to make money isn't my problem.
If you want to over-pay for one then go for it, but I just want to see the magnet in action and then forget it exists.

Pretty shitty for a fellow pinball artist to just straight out dump on another artist like that. If you don't like the art you can at least say something in a respectful way about it. Pretty sure you didn't care for people attacking your art like this. Franchi isn't my favorite artist at stern but it's more of a style thing for me. A lot of people love his work just like many people like your work on Alien. No real reason to be a jerk about it.

#121 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Pretty shitty for a fellow pinball artist to just straight out dump on another artist like that. If you don't like the art you can at least say something in a respectful way about it. Pretty sure you didn't care for people attacking your art like this. Franchi isn't my favorite artist at stern but it's more of a style thing for me. A lot of people love his work just like many people like your work on Alien. No real reason to be a jerk about it.

We all know that a license like this, there's a good chance stern had very little artistic license as far as the license goes.

However, this being a love thread, I'll state have no problem with the art. It captures nostalgia-tinged Beatlemania 1964 perfectly. Pinball art is SUPPOSED to be a bit over the top, ain't it? I mean, we all love the White Album, but I don't think that particular art would have worked out too well.

Unless you think Supreme looks better without the red!

#122 5 years ago

Man, this is really getting my hopes up for Classic Stern 2.0. Please make it happen Stern!

#123 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Man you guys are drinking the Stern Kool aid. It's unbelievable. Not only is this post over the top for protecting stems obvious cash grab but you're talking to Aurich who is truly an original artist that has basically resurrected the garbage art that is the shadow let alone his great work on Alien and countless other projects.

I'm a guy that has no art talent what so ever so troll away on me but have some damn respect to someone that actually moved this pinball industry forward instead of defending the cheap and lazy.

On that note I'm going to thank aurich again for his amazing Shadow work.

#124 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Man you guys are drinking the Stern Kool aid.

Yeah no shit. That's the whole point of the thread.

Nice detective work, Columbo!

Do you have anything nice to say about Beatles? At all? Come on man, you can do it!

Take a sip.

(also Kool aid? I know you are the number 1 Alien nutswinger on Earth but Alien's art is atrocious and nowhere near as good as Beatles. This is accepted fact. At least in this thread ).

#125 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah no shit. That's the whole point of the thread.
Nice detective work, Columbo!
Do you have anything nice to say about Beatles? At all? Come on man, you can do it!
Take a sip.

Where’s Vid, he will say some nice things about the Beatles

#126 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Man you guys are drinking the Stern Kool aid. It's unbelievable. Not only is this post over the top for protecting stems obvious cash grab but you're talking to Aurich who is truly an original artist that has basically resurrected the garbage art that is the shadow let alone his great work on Alien and countless other projects.
I'm a guy that has no art talent what so ever so troll away on me but have some damn respect to someone that actually moved this pinball industry forward instead of defending the cheap and lazy.

Lol, what are you talking about. Dude just straight up called Franchi a lazy ass hack. I could care less if stern sells one Beatles pin, doesn't affect me at all. There's just no need to be like that.

#127 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Lol, what are you talking about. Dude just straight up call Franchi lazy ass hack. I could care less if stern sells one Beatles pin, doesn't affect me at all. There's just no need to be like that.

The entire game is lazy including the art. Cmon you have to admit this. Otherwise the crazy train has officially left with Levi as the conductor.

CrazyLevi - Alien art is atrocious? Whaaaaaaaaaaaat? Ok you might not like it but atrocious? Oh man the crazy runs deep.

Anyway I do understand that this thread is self admittingly ignoring price/common sense and wants nothing but positive comments so I'll respect that but F any manufacturer that cash grabs like this. It's a slap in the face to their consumer. Everyone makes mistakes so I'm still a Stern supporter but they failed on this one.

#128 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

The entire game is lazy including the art. Cmon you have to admit this. Otherwise the crazy train has officially left with Levi as the conductor.
crazylevi - Alien art is atrocious? Whaaaaaaaaaaaat? Ok you might not like it but atrocious? Oh man the crazy runs deep.
Anyway I do understand that this thread is self admittingly ignoring price/common sense and wants nothing but positive comments so I'll respect that but F any manufacturer that cash grabs like this. It's a slap in the face to their consumer. Everyone makes mistakes so I'm still a Stern supporter but they failed on this one.

So that's a no on you saying anything nice about the Beatles project?

There's so much low-hanging fruit here. How about being happy for the people who really want a Beatles game? Or maybe you like spinners? Or you dig "Baby you can drive my car?"

There's gotta be something!

#129 5 years ago

It'd be cool if the ball sits in the shooter lane too long it breaks into "Im only sleeping"

#130 5 years ago

The more people slam the game the more I want it. I'd love me some Seawitch with non-hippie era Beatles

#131 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So that's a no on you saying anything nice about the Beatles project?
There's so much low-hanging fruit here. How about being happy for the people who really want a Beatles game? Or maybe you like spinners? Or you dig "Baby you can drive my car?"
There's gotta be something!

Get ready for it

I'm happy to hear that Stern hasn't released the pricing which would make me even more angry!

Kidding..... I'm happy that this will make the news and bring additional attention to the industry.

#132 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Or maybe you like spinners?

Opto spinners no less!
Less drag with no mechanical stiff switch to trigger for MAXimum revolutions per second!
Dingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingding ding ding ding.....ding.........ding..............ding.

#133 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Get ready for it
I'm happy to hear that Stern hasn't released the pricing which would make me even more angry!
Kidding..... I'm happy that this will make the news and bring additional attention to the industry.

BOOOOOOOOM!

Thanks buddy

#134 5 years ago

I think some of you need to realize art is subjective. Myself, and others, think Beatles looks great and captures the mood of Beatlemania perfectly. Are there other things a Beatles pin could have been? Sure! But Franchi was assigned a specific direction, and in my opinion, he nailed it. To call the art lazy on this is pure BS. I love the details and the feeling his art creates. It screams the sixties, and is simply fun to look at to me.

#135 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I think some of you need to realize art is subjective. Myself, and others, think Beatles looks great and captures the mood of Beatlemania perfectly. Are there other things a Beatles pin could have been? Sure! But Franchi was assigned a specific direction, and in my opinion, he nailed it. To call the art lazy on this is pure BS. I love the details and the feeling his art creates. It screams the sixties, and is simply fun to look at to me.

Yup. It's exactly inline with the FLOOD of Beatles merch that came out during that initial wave of Beatlemania. I've seen that stuff first hand and that's exactly what this pin reminded me of.

#136 5 years ago

Sterns gonna make a Bungalow BILLion!

#137 5 years ago

Even if you don’t like this game, this is an exciting development

#138 5 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Even if you don’t like this game, this is an exciting development

Most pinsiders can’t see the potential Sam Stern forest through the neon Ka-pow trees I’m afraid.

#139 5 years ago

I think you pissed off a few chimps...

#140 5 years ago

Settle for Sock Monkeys?

th015516EE (resized).jpgth015516EE (resized).jpg
#141 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yup. It's exactly inline with the FLOOD of Beatles merch that came out during that initial wave of Beatlemania.

Beatles fans will buy anything

(yes, it's real, look at the great art on the packaging.)
Beatles-Mothball-Insect-Repellent (resized).jpgBeatles-Mothball-Insect-Repellent (resized).jpg

#142 5 years ago

Hi. My name is Blitzburgh99. And I like the Beatles pin!!!! Why is that so wrong?

#144 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Hi. My name is Blitzburgh99. And I like the Beatles pin!!!! Why is that so wrong?

You've come to the right place.

#145 5 years ago

Nice thing: I am excited to see what the expanded rule set is going to be and how fast it plays with modern mech!

Snark: Making money--the cornerstone of America! and modern capitalism for every company-- is now a "money grab".

#146 5 years ago

Hi, Blitzburgh. No one is here to judge. We are here to listen. Free cookies and coffee await you in the lounge. Smoke if you got'em.

#147 5 years ago

I am assuming this game will have an LCD screen ... what animations could they use? Old black and white clips of actual concert footage, screaming fans and all?

#148 5 years ago

Something I love about Stern Beatles: The music is awesome! There. I shared in the love-fest.....

#149 5 years ago

Safe space bro.

Welcome.

#150 5 years ago

Will be interesting to see what modern code can do on a classic layout.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Mead, CO
Machine - For Sale
New City, NY
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tinton Falls, NJ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 361 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beatles-reconsidred-all-you-need-is-love/page/3?hl=ds_nadine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.