yeah-okay.gif
image (resized).jpeg
Beatles GC (resized).jpg
GUEST_893d72c0-87e3-4e8c-9d35-ec7d7868a198 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
a7c28730027d8d47732c5ff625e42adb00f359c8 (resized).jpg
142D5DDC-553F-42AD-BFA1-1AC4BDC42EE8 (resized).jpeg
D61F4BE7-EAB1-4858-9EC2-770D73405DD8 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from nudgey:

I'd happily pay to play 10+ games of Beatles. I'd rather chew my own arm off than play one game of JJP POTC.

Seems pretty extreme.

I've played both recently. Both are really good and very different from other nib games. It's great to have lots of diverse choices to pick from.

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hyperbole when describing distaste is standard around here.
You'll see things like "I'd rather have my eyeballs ripped out by starving rats while my tongue is cut off with a rusty butterknife than play Rolling Stones again!!!!" but I don't think too many of us take those kinds of statements literally.
Except for Street Fighter II. I'd rather have my lower extremities dipped into molten lava while I am beaten on the head with an early 1980s telephone receiver than play that again!

I get that, SF2 is pretty widely regarded as a bad game though. JJP POTC is pretty widely regarded as at least a pretty cool attempt even if it's not your style or you think the license sucks.

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

But everyone that wanted one would have had one by now...so there's always 2 sides.

The ghost of O-din is freaking me out.

#116 5 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

All the new owners are going to say it’s the shit right now, it’s part of our pinball DNA. Sure it will flytrap catch non pinheads for a little while. But to seriously charge that amount of money for something so basic and stripped down is embarrassing. And yes I’m not rooting for this pin to do well since i would rather not see Stern pull this stunt again. (Flamesuit on!)

You mean the stunt of making a game and letting people decide if they want it.

You sound like someone that is bitter because NIB games have priced you out.

#123 5 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It really depends on when you sell it. Yeah if you buy and sell within the next few months, you'll probably only lose maybe $800 which is fair. But in 3-5 years? I honestly can't see the Beatles Gold selling for more than $5,500 at most on the secondary market. But that's fine as long as you aren't one of the weirdos that buys every game, barely touches it, and then chases the next NIB high.
If most distributors paid $70k for a pack of ten, and are able to sell their Diamond for at least $20k, and sell their two platinums for at least $10k each, then I can see distributors closing out on this for about $6,500 NIB when demand is totally dead and they have a couple taking up valuable space in the warehouse.
The Beatles is a cool game. People are just irritated that that they have to wait for the price to become more worthwhile for them.

You are going to be waiting a long time. Just look at Automated which is stern largest seller. They are typically one of the last if not always the last distro to have LE's or whatever in stock. None of those games were ever discounted much at all. They sold their last XMEN LE about 14 months ago for $6450, they also sold one of their last Transformer LE's for 6K to the same person. They just sit on them and wait it out. Prices slowly creep up and what you think is a terrible price now seems just fine for someone coming into the hobby 2-3 years from now. I've yet to see a desperate stern dealer liquidating stern NIB games. If anything as the supply dwindles they start raising the price and sticking it to people. Another great example is WNBJM. There's a distro that has a couple left, call and see if you can get one for a nice discount of what they originally listed for. You will find they are a 1.5-2k over the over original price. They are not beating down doors to sell them because they know eventually someone will want it and they can make a huge premium.

#128 5 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Considering how many games Stern is flooding the market with and no indication of slowing down production, I'm not worried about the few distributors that can afford to sit on meh stock for years at a time. Like the games you specifically point to, they never made a ton of them in the first place. They made 3-4x as many Beatles Gold. Beatles Gold will not be hard to find in 3-5 years. I'm probably wrong about it getting a substantial NIB discount, but I think you're drinking the Kool-Aide if you think the price will ever go above original MSRP.

I've never said it will go that high. A few games do but those are not the norm. Most people are paying $7600 for them NIB so expect HUO to go for between $6500-$7200 which is inline with what all of the HUO games drop these days. I've never seen a stern dealer give a huge discount on NIB games though. You saw some nice discounts on KISSLE from one distro but even then it was only a few hundred lower then before and certainly not below cost. There's still some WWELE's around and no one seems to be worried about liquidating them either. Most distro's are pretty patient and also pretty stubborn and will sit on games for a long time before even considering selling at a loss. GOTG is another good example, most distro's still have LE's and some have a bunch of them. Call around and see if anyone is looking to sell them at a loss.

#131 5 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Even if they sold them at 6.5k they'd be making decent money. The diamond and platinum should pay for more than half the pack, and then they have 7 Golds to sell. That should pay for the whole pack and provide around 25% ROI which isn't far from the typical what, 30% ROI they see?

I promise you that is not how they are looking at in. Many also did not buy a 10 pack and only bought a few golds so that doesn't apply to them at all. The ones that bought a 10 pack at thinking finally cash in on the diamond, make great coin on 2 the platinum, slowly make good money on the golds and if needed discount down to our normal pro margins and sell for $7400-$7600. No clue how you think distros are making 30% profit. Most games are being sold at or below 13% profit for the distro. I'd be a distro if that was the case.

#136 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

this is a PRO model. They will sell for what PRO models do of all other games in the secondary market.
Sorry, but that is just the reality of this over inflated "limited" gold on a hype license.
I was told they are obligated to make all 1614 of the gold editions so anyone thinking that these are ever going to be limited is mistaken.
Those are likely the same people that still believe 50% of every title goes overseas.

I guess BM66 premium was a pro to then. Where are my under 5k bm66 games at. I'll take all of them.

You can say it's a pro all you want but it doesn't change that it's not and that prices will fall in line with other similarly priced games on the used market.

#139 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

lol
nope, BM was offered as ONLY a premium and LE model.
Beatles was offered in pro, prem, and LE editions.

You sure?

Could have sworn BM66 was premium, LE, SLE and the The Beatles was gold, platinum, and diamond but maybe my memory is failing me.

#142 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you seem to really be struggling with understanding this???
BM66 is actually different models...
Beatles is this >>>

You should contact stern and let them know their website and all of their promotional material has the games labeled incorrectly. Make sure you let them know who you are so they jump right on it.

#159 5 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Uh, clown - I have top notch games, all the JJP’s, the big wpc95’s, yadda yadda. I’m saying that while I’m a huge supporter of pinball, I cannot support an inferior product whereby it’s success could mean similarly stripped down titles in future. Wham!

Cool, don't buy it then. Enjoy your "top notch" games while others enjoy their The Beatles pin.

1 week later
#215 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

How funny> some of you can't even spell the name of the band!!!:)BEATLES>still looks like a little girls lunch box from the sixties!Not bashing here,was looking forward to this pin for 3 years since JT told me about it at PAGG! Since then they have changed the pf since JT is no longer popular! It was to be a multi layer pf with Strawberry fields in the upper deck,accessed through Penny lane,and ending up in the Magical Mystery Tour! The pin you see now doesn't represent the Band well,IMHO!!!!

So when you spoke to a child molester you got secret inside info on a game that wasn't approved or anything like what the licensor wanted the game to be. It all makes sense now.

#216 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

This post not meant to offend any Beatles table owners. Just my impressions below:
Played Beatles for the first time last night and I must say I’m stunned that Stern/Kapow can sleep at night, after charging Charlatan prices for the Beatle/witch table. There is nothing to it? It’s the emporers new clothes syndrome all over again. Can’t everyone see that there is virtually nothing to this table? Boredom sets in after a dozen plays literally, in the way of game play.
The video clips of the Beatles are a joke. I saw on screen what I think was Paul, since the film lighting was so bad, you could hardly make out it was him. However the pop up graphics Stern created are nice.
Why would anyone pay an outrageous amount of money for this table ($8k)??? It honestly shouldn’t be sold for more than $3k to $3.5k, maybe $4k allowing for high license fees. The second hand market is not going to be kind to those that purchased this table.
After saying all that, in very small doses it is fun to play - occasionally. With only seconds played of each of the nine songs, they begin to grate on ones nerves, after hearing the same 40 seconds for the tenth time. And I’m a huge fan of those songs. The one caveat is the sound system Stern put on the table is its best feature. Maybe using the sound browser and adding full songs if possible, might help things out, but understand even if you do that, you’ll still only hear the programmed 40 to 60 or so seconds of a song.
So unfortunate that Stern/Kapow really blew this license, under the suspicious name of licensing fees. Honestly, the Beatles license the craziest, cheapest and simplist items, that it’s hard to believe it cost that much for licensing. Plain and simple, this was a blatant cash grab by Stern/Kapow. From this point forward, I will look sideways at anything Kapow has to do with Stern. Stern should not tarnish their reputation with this type of partnership. It’s not like Batman 66 that uses first class video clips and IP integration from the original show in abundance. That is a good example of how the Beatles table should have been done.
The emperor has no clothes on and is naked.

Good lord, see if you can find some other places you can post this.

#221 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yes, it is no secret that JT was on this game and it was his dream theme. He spoke in depth about some of his design to sme people. It would have been a dramatically different game.

Actually all that was ever really stated was that he dreamed of doing The Beatles and had several different mock playfield designs from tinkering over the years. Nothing ever came from stern hinting that he ever worked on this pin for them. In fact you were claiming it was Deadpool that Gomez took over and finished for him as did many other people. I highly doubt that stern intended this to be as modern game and just scrapped everything and went retro. That doesn't make a lot of sense.

JT talked to people about doing a Beatles pin for years before stern ever had the license. He even had a presentation that included a bunch of his ideas several years ago. That doesn't mean he was working one for stern.

#246 5 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Fair enough and upvoted. With that being said, do you harbor any disappointment whatsoever that the game is "old school" instead a modern pin? While it may be fun, is it AS fun as a more modern game? Also, do you think they picked the right Beatles era? Most Beatles fans that I know think that the true greatness of the Beatles began during the Rubber Soul/Revolver era, but really began peaking with Sgt Pepper.

Why would someone buy a game they are disappointed in? Why would someone buy and old school game if they think they are not as fun as other games available?

#251 5 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Anyone stupid enough to have that mentality sure gained their riches through privilege and winning the genetic lottery than through hard work alone.

Nonsense, people do this all the time with all kinds of things. I'd be rich if I got a dollar everytime someone said they'd sell something for x but not any less as it's not hurting anything and theres no need to loose money on it. Many people are not desperate for pin space or pin money. Not everyone buys every release and has to keep selling them quickly to feed their obsession.

#253 5 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Well, of course that's true if they don't really want to sell it. But if they really did, the market rules, right?

Absolutely if you have to sell it. Lots simply dont have to though. The longer they sit on it the more likely they are to not lose money.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

10,282 (OBO)
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beatles-pinball-a-hit-?tu=jgentry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.