yeah-okay.gif
image (resized).jpeg
Beatles GC (resized).jpg
GUEST_893d72c0-87e3-4e8c-9d35-ec7d7868a198 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
a7c28730027d8d47732c5ff625e42adb00f359c8 (resized).jpg
142D5DDC-553F-42AD-BFA1-1AC4BDC42EE8 (resized).jpeg
D61F4BE7-EAB1-4858-9EC2-770D73405DD8 (resized).jpeg

There are 266 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 5 years ago

Regardless of how much pro pinsiders have continuously bashed The Beatles it has been a smash hit with the every day customers in my shop. In my opinion it is far more superior than Seawitch and way more fun . Sure the ruleset is small but that makes it more welcoming to the basic pinballer. The multiballs are fast and fun and the music is great . Everyone knows the music and most people appreciate the Beatles as one of the best bands ever . I love the artwork and gold frame also. sure Sgt Pepper would be good as well or a game with more toys but for the price I play this as much or more than Deadpool so I’d say it is worth it . just my 2 cents . People who are overly harsh on a game they have never played might want to curb criticism until they have actually tried it . Good job Stern . Come play it at The Pinball Palace in Brunswick Ga . 99 pins strong and Primus will be #100 !!!

#2 5 years ago
4086E463-6088-4BB9-B4FD-AC9BCCAE16E4 (resized).jpeg4086E463-6088-4BB9-B4FD-AC9BCCAE16E4 (resized).jpegDE0D0484-48AE-46D7-BB99-6CA3C4E77250 (resized).jpegDE0D0484-48AE-46D7-BB99-6CA3C4E77250 (resized).jpeg54A2ED55-A4E0-4C7C-A5BE-8EE3C338F54A (resized).jpeg54A2ED55-A4E0-4C7C-A5BE-8EE3C338F54A (resized).jpegABE0DA10-0F04-4214-A219-DFFA6A604546 (resized).jpegABE0DA10-0F04-4214-A219-DFFA6A604546 (resized).jpeg
#3 5 years ago

If rather go straight classic but if you have to slap a band on it The Cure obviously.

#4 5 years ago

holy crap 100 pins? What is your square footage?

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

If rather go straight classic but if you have to slap a band on it The Cure obviously.

Out of those choices Led Zepplin, I'm a Floyd fan but its not pinball music and the rest are a joke with Kanye being at the top of that dung heap

#6 5 years ago

Wondering have they ever made a Rap musoc pin !?? I’d buy a snoop dog one but that’s about it .

#7 5 years ago

I would love led Zeppelin or Queen.

#8 5 years ago

I'd like to see a Prince pin. The song catalog would lend itself well to pinball. You could do the side trim to emulate the shape of his guitar, lots of led effects: purples (purple rain), and pinks (raspberry beret), white (when the doves cry), etc. Both rock and pop music and something quite a bit different from music pins of the past in terms of music.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

If there was "The Cure" pin, it would be awesome if it could have a Safecracker style dispenser built into it that rolled a few Melatonin soft gels down the glass at you if you reached a certain goal.

#10 5 years ago

Oh sweet, our daily "what theme I want!" thread!

I would like a Judas Priest game!!!

#11 5 years ago

Rush or Van Halen here please.

#12 5 years ago

TOOL

666B2C5E-1460-49C3-98D0-E48E500EBED8.gif666B2C5E-1460-49C3-98D0-E48E500EBED8.gif
#13 5 years ago

A lot of the criticism comes from the outrageous pricing for a re-skin of an existing game. Even listening to Joe Kapow's interview with head 2 head it's clear Kapow pinball is just making expensive cash-grabs. I'm sure the game is fun and the art looks great but You cant tell me this pin has 8k worth of gameplay

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

I'm sure the game is fun and the art looks great but You cant tell me this pin has 8k worth of gameplay

What game has $8K worth of gameplay?

Please provide a complete bill of fun, itemized, to make it to $8K. Thanks!

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What game has $8K worth of gameplay?
Please provide a complete bill of fun, itemized, to make it to $8K. Thanks!

Monster Bash Remake LE

Fun
+
More Fun
=
$8,000

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Monster Bash Remake LE
Fun
+
More Fun
=
$8,000

THIS IS NOT ITEMIZED!

If people are going to keep saying "Beatles is fun but it's not $8K work of fun" I'm going to need to see itemized BOFs (Bill of Fun) so I can understand what they are saying.

#17 5 years ago

Played Beatles the first time over the weekend, I had low expectations but it was actually a fun pin with that one more game vibe. It's fast and not easy (borderline drainy, that disk can be brutal) but the shots are satisfying. Not sure it has the lastability at home, but definitely a fun pin to play on location. It's also different from most modern pins due to layout, which is refreshing too (similar to TNA)

#18 5 years ago

In on a Sunn O))) pin

#19 5 years ago

Led Zeppelin should be last.
If you thought the old codger Beatles fans were pissy wait till they release a Catacomb clone Zep for $8500. "Ruining" the 15th "grandaddy license of them all."
*Spoilers it doesn't have the entire songs
**Side-note, if you can play a catacomb ball for 8 minutes if you have it set up wrong.

#20 5 years ago

I've played The Beatles at the Pincinnati show. It is more fun than I thought it would be. I would never pay anything close to the price on it for what the game is. If I see it on location would definitely feed it some money but many other/better choices for home use.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

In on a Sunn O))) pin

I guess the shaker would run continuously

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

THIS IS NOT ITEMIZED!
If people are going to keep saying "Beatles is fun but it's not $8K work of fun" I'm going to need to see itemized BOFs (Bill of Fun) so I can understand what they are saying.

So like hitting a scoop for a mode is worth about $0.07 of fun, a spinner about $0.02/spin, a jackpot is probably worth $0.20 to a quarter of fun. So we're making money if we get more than $0.75 worth of fun per game on location.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

I've played The Beatles at the Pincinnati show. It is more fun than I thought it would be. I would never pay anything close to the price on it for what the game is. If I see it on location would definitely feed it some money but many other/better choices for home use.

Biggest detractor for me is Cousin Brucie’s incomprehensible chatter.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

Regardless of how much pro pinsiders have continuously bashed The Beatles it has been a smash hit with the every day customers in my shop. In my opinion it is far more superior than Seawitch and way more fun . Sure the ruleset is small but that makes it more welcoming to the basic pinballer. The multiballs are fast and fun and the music is great . Everyone knows the music and most people appreciate the Beatles as one of the best bands ever . I love the artwork and gold frame also. sure Sgt Pepper would be good as well or a game with more toys but for the price I play this as much or more than Deadpool so I’d say it is worth it . just my 2 cents . People who are overly harsh on a game they have never played might want to curb criticism until they have actually tried it . Good job Stern . Come play it at The Pinball Palace in Brunswick Ga . 99 pins strong and Primus will be #100 !!!

We received out Gold Model a little over a week ago. We love it. The wife likes it better than our AC/DC, Ghostbusters and Tron. We owned a Metallica for a couple of years and The Beatles is much more fun to play. Well worth the money.

#25 5 years ago

I might regret saying this but had the opportunity to play Beatles next to the latest JJP pirates at Cafe One this weekend. Much to my surprise the Beatles was a much better pin than the much hyped and anticipated pirates. The machine felt incredibly cheep but the loops and shots were satisfying. Wouldn’t pay over 4K for it but much better than the negative hype on pinside. Flame on!
Regards,
Al

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26 5 years ago

I'd be hyped to see this place catch on fire if they announced a Kanye pinball.

That said, Kanye totally seems like the kinda nerd/egotist that would be into pinball machine of himself. (He almost named an album Turbo Grafx 16...I bet he's played some pinball). It could be a retheme of Whoa Nellie. Or let do a custom Spider-Man Home Edition. Not a major run of machines, just 100-200 of them. It's probably the only way we'll ever get a legitimate hip hop theme. That said, if they ever do a hip hop machine it should be Wu-Tang first. So much potential there and there are some Wu Tang fans out there with deep pockets, not to mention the RZA loves to put their brand on overpriced things.

That said, I bet they could sell a ton of Led Zeppelin, Eagles, or Van Halen machines if they wanna stay in the dad-rock wheelhouse.

#27 5 years ago

If you've followed Pink Floyd or Led Zepplin licensing for video games, they've made it very clear they have no interest in licensing their music. I wouldn't hold my breath for either of these bands.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

If you've followed Pink Floyd or Led Zepplin licensing for video games, they've made it very clear they have no interest in licensing their music. I wouldn't hold my breath for either of these bands.

Could always do Brit Floyd or Lez Zepplin. Those two bands aren't ashamed to be trying to make a buck.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I'd be hyped to see this place catch on fire if they announced a Kanye pinball.

That said, Kanye totally seems like the kinda nerd/egotist that would be into pinball machine of himself.

Could always retheme a Raven for Kanye.

#30 5 years ago

This is a weird thread.

I don't think I saw people bashing it because "it won't be fun". I think people were bashing the $8,000 price tag on a re-themed game.

It sure looks fun to me. I'd be glad to play it and I think I'd have a blast, but for $500 more I could buy a NIB JJP POTC.

#31 5 years ago

Slayer

#32 5 years ago

This machine could end up being extremely important. It could introduce a huge amount of folks to SS style machines that are "only interested" in DMD/LCD era games.
EDIT: Hopefully better than Whoa Nelly did with EMs

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

It sure looks fun to me. I'd be glad to play it and I think I'd have a blast, but for $500 more I could buy a NIB JJP POTC.

But what if you don't like JJP Pirates and don't want to buy it?

Or what if you decided to spend $7,000 less and get an EM?

Or what if for only $800 more you could take a weeklong trip to Amsterdam?

The BOF might go slightly in favor of the trip. WHAT THEN?!

#34 5 years ago

This is a weird thread.
I don't think I saw people bashing it because "it won't be fun". I think people were bashing the $8,000 price tag on a re-themed game.

With all the issues the game seems to be having why would you

#35 5 years ago

Beastie Boys

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

That’s like telling someone not to buy IMDN.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

Regardless of how much pro pinsiders have continuously bashed The Beatles it has been a smash hit with the every day customers in my shop.

As others have said, I don't think anyone was bashing The Beatles for not being fun. If your only investment is $1 at an arcade, I'm sure it's great. It's the $8000 price tag ($10,000 on beatles store) and bad action figure rarity model that's always been the issue.

And Beatles Store sales have flatlined to zero in the last 3 weeks at the height of gift-giving. They've only sold 2 out of their second case, which tells me there are PLENTY of that initial 1000 machines out there at $8000 or less OR that Beatles fans aren't ponying up the dough to own this.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

As others have said, I don't think anyone was bashing The Beatles for not being fun. If your only investment is $1 at an arcade, I'm sure it's great. It's the $8000 price tag ($10,000 on beatles store) and bad action figure rarity model that's always been the issue.
And Beatles Store sales have flatlined to zero in the last 3 weeks at the height of gift-giving. They've only sold 2 out of their second case, which tells me there are PLENTY of that initial 1000 machines out there at $8000 or less OR that Beatles fans aren't ponying up the dough to own this.

I think we can agree that ALL pinball machines are overpriced . I enjoy Beatles more than the JJ Pirates . On a fun meter ...loops are $100. Multiballs are $250. Making the spinner rip $50 . A pin does not have to be full of crappy toys and mods to be a great pin . TNA and Beatles are crowd pleasers.

#39 5 years ago

Pinball Retailer declares latest game a Great Value and a Huge Hit!

Film at 11.

#40 5 years ago

Blink 182 ftw

#41 5 years ago

I'd be glad to play it and I think I'd have a blast, but for $500 more I could buy a NIB JJP POTC.

I'd happily pay to play 10+ games of Beatles. I'd rather chew my own arm off than play one game of JJP POTC.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

What issues?

#43 5 years ago

I’m getting tired of old dudes on pinball machines. Even if they’re portrayed as when young. I’d much rather stare at a nice rack.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from nudgey:

I'd happily pay to play 10+ games of Beatles. I'd rather chew my own arm off than play one game of JJP POTC.

Seems pretty extreme.

I've played both recently. Both are really good and very different from other nib games. It's great to have lots of diverse choices to pick from.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

I’m getting tired of old dudes on pinball machines. Even if they’re portrayed as when young. I’d much rather stare at a nice rack.

Then Big Buck Hunter is right up your alley...

#46 5 years ago

Twisted Sister or Anti-Nowhere League

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Seems pretty extreme.

Hyperbole when describing distaste is standard around here.

You'll see things like "I'd rather have my eyeballs ripped out by starving rats while my tongue is cut off with a rusty butterknife than play Rolling Stones again!!!!" but I don't think too many of us take those kinds of statements literally.

Except for Street Fighter II. I'd rather have my lower extremities dipped into molten lava while I am beaten on the head with an early 1980s telephone receiver than play that again!

#48 5 years ago

Other is killing it!

I’ll add to that. Misfits please! Spooky, Stern, whomever... I’m in!

D61F4BE7-EAB1-4858-9EC2-770D73405DD8 (resized).jpegD61F4BE7-EAB1-4858-9EC2-770D73405DD8 (resized).jpeg
#49 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That’s like telling someone not to buy IMDN.

I do not know IMDN issues but I am not buying IMDN because music would get old

#50 5 years ago

For me ot will ALWAYS be ....

142D5DDC-553F-42AD-BFA1-1AC4BDC42EE8 (resized).jpeg142D5DDC-553F-42AD-BFA1-1AC4BDC42EE8 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tinton Falls, NJ
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Mead, CO
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 39.00
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
There are 266 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beatles-pinball-a-hit-?hl=outlanes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.