• The Cure 14 votes
    6%
  • Kanye West 12 votes
    5%
  • other 92 votes
    36%

(254 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 21 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190122_201534 (resized).jpg
20190122_193307 (resized).jpg
9E269291-D695-45C9-B650-389646E5EC34 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1053 (resized).jpeg
48116AF7-2348-4C09-BA83-C0F2F6B8C2A0 (resized).jpeg
20181214_181322 (resized).jpg
Beatles_Store_Sales (resized).jpg
beatles laurel hardy.jpg (resized).jpg
yeah-okay.gif
image (resized).jpeg
Beatles GC (resized).jpg
GUEST_893d72c0-87e3-4e8c-9d35-ec7d7868a198 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
a7c28730027d8d47732c5ff625e42adb00f359c8 (resized).jpg
142D5DDC-553F-42AD-BFA1-1AC4BDC42EE8 (resized).jpeg
D61F4BE7-EAB1-4858-9EC2-770D73405DD8 (resized).jpeg

There are 266 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 84 days ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Anyone stupid enough to have that mentality sure gained their riches through privilege and winning the genetic lottery than through hard work alone.

Nonsense, people do this all the time with all kinds of things. I'd be rich if I got a dollar everytime someone said they'd sell something for x but not any less as it's not hurting anything and theres no need to loose money on it. Many people are not desperate for pin space or pin money. Not everyone buys every release and has to keep selling them quickly to feed their obsession.

#252 84 days ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Nonsense, people do this all the time with all kinds of things. I'd be rich if I got a dollar everytime someone said they'd sell something for x but not any less as it's not hurting anything and theres no need to loose money on it. Many people are not desperate for pin space or pin money. Not everyone buys every release and has to keep selling them quickly to feed their obsession.

Well, of course that's true if they don't really want to sell it. But if they really did, the market rules, right?

#253 84 days ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Well, of course that's true if they don't really want to sell it. But if they really did, the market rules, right?

Absolutely if you have to sell it. Lots simply dont have to though. The longer they sit on it the more likely they are to not lose money.

#254 84 days ago

The game is way over priced bottom line

#255 84 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I could also see this being the new reskin like WNBJM since they will have lots of parts left over.

Absolutely - but more because the r&d is already done on this layout than the parts being available.

Would be even better if they stick this layout in the WNBJM cab for Jimi Hendrix. Might even pony up the big $$ for that.

#256 84 days ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Anyone stupid enough to have that mentality sure gained their riches through privilege and winning the genetic lottery than through hard work alone.

I have seen the opposite in most cases. From my experience, people that have had to work hard for their money do not want to take a loss on things, no matter what. Not that they want to necessarily burn an object, but don't necessarily want to give in for their hard-won achievement.

#257 83 days ago

I think if both runs were actually sold out, Stern would have dropped Munsters before Christmas. Dropping Munsters before a Beatles sellout would only dilute Beatles sales more. Call Stern a lot of things, but they are not dumb about when to roll out a game.

#258 83 days ago

So in the long run The Beatles is probably fine. What I’m saying is 20 years from now it’ll be nice that games like WNBJM, The Beatles, AMH, Houdini, Alien, RZ ... name a dozen games that may not have sold exceptionally well. But they’ll be part of the pinball fabric and not everyone will like them but they will bring something to pinball landscape. They’ll be something off to the side of mainstream pinball. Of course we’ll say ST or AcDc or SM or Woz or LotR will be more complete pins or more representing of a good use of a lisense than the Beatles and of course maybe there will be 10x more of these mainstream pins.

I’m sure something went into Stern’s calculators that they might not have wanted to sell 5K Beatles pins like AcDc maybe they were happy to sell 1K pins if they do but hedged their bets by saying they would make 1964 pins (which imo is not likely). Maybe even a flop of sales will be ok for Stern. I think Stern figured they’d sell at least 1000 or at least distributors would buy that many especially with the Diamond and platinum attached. I’d say the golds are probably a hard sell but some people who may not be hard core pinball people will buy them. I mean people who just want something for a game room to go with a pool table and a foosball table might say The Beatles looks like a good pinball machine. Maybe they won’t know or care about the rules. Maybe they would look at LotR or TWD and not know the foggiest thing about the code is and maybe they’d prefer something more basic.

In summary The Beatles was probably not designed for Pinside folk. I’m sure some will be sold to people on Pinside but it’s not Iron Maiden (etc..) with people fighting over the 500 LEs. It’s just good enough (I mean it’s not like they made a Costco Batman). It’s a proper pin with adjustments and full weight and can be serviced like any normal pin. The price is higher than a comparable pro level pin like Kiss or Aerosmith it’s priced like a premium+. But overall rich folks don’t sweat if it’s $6K or $8K that’s not really a big deal if you want the theme that’s all they choice you have.

#259 83 days ago
Quoted from rai:

So in the long run The Beatles is probably fine. What I’m saying is 20 years from now it’ll be nice that games like WNBJM, The Beatles, AMH, Houdini, Alien, RZ ... name a dozen games that may not have sold exceptionally well. But they’ll be part of the pinball fabric and not everyone will like them but they will bring something to pinball landscape. They’ll be something off to the side of mainstream pinball. Of course we’ll say ST or AcDc or SM or Woz or LotR will be more complete pins or more representing of a good use of a lisense than the Beatles and of course maybe there will be 10x more of these mainstream pins.
I’m sure something went into Stern’s calculators that they might not have wanted to sell 5K Beatles pins like AcDc maybe they were happy to sell 1K pins if they do but hedged their bets by saying they would make 1964 pins (which imo is not likely). Maybe even a flop of sales will be ok for Stern. I think Stern figured they’d sell at least 1000 or at least distributors would buy that many especially with the Diamond and platinum attached. I’d say the golds are probably a hard sell but some people who may not be hard core pinball people will buy them. I mean people who just want something for a gamer room to go with a pool table and a foosball table might say The Beatles looks like a good pinball machine. Maybe they won’t even know or care about the rules. Maybe they would look at LotR or TWD and not know the foggiest thing about how great the code is and maybe they’d prefer something more basic.
In summary The Beatles was probably not designed for Pinside folk. I’m sure some will be sold to people on Pinside but it’s not Iron Maiden (etc..) with people fighting over the 500 LEs. It’s just good enough (I mean it’s not like they made a Costco Batman). It’s a proper pin with adjustments and full weight and can be serviced like any normal pin. The price is higher than a comparable pro level pin like Kiss or Aerosmith it’s priced like a premium plus or LE so that’s why people are outraged for what they provide it seems weak. But overall rich folks don’t sweat if it’s $6K or $8K that’s not really a big deal if you want the theme that’s all they choice you have.

It’s no less for Pinball folk than SeaWitch from a players perspective and more fun than TNA in my opinion which is 6k+.

#260 83 days ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It’s no less for Pinball folk than SeaWitch from a players perspective and more fun than TNA in my opinion which is 6k+.

And with the exception of occasional airballs, it works! Unlike wonky, half-baked mechs on some recent Stern Premiums (IMDN captive ball, IMDN sarcophagus, KISS levitating ball). The effort to "dial in" some of the recent mechs is unacceptable...

snaroff

#261 83 days ago

I had a chance to play several games at ayci Gogi on the Beatles a couple days ago.

Which is a great place to play pins.

My impressions:

Everyone seemed to enjoy the game. It looks good. Shiny.

It's a sea witch General Remake. I don't like that really, but I am not the typical target buyer. I am the typical target player, sort of.

So I'm not buying it, but I enjoy it in a lineup.

(I'm not big on rethemes a but I desire a vault tron. If you retheme a tron for me I would be in that quickly.

Different I guess.)

I also had another thought when someone asked about why there is no sgt peppers. Or anything like that.

There will be, IMO. My thought was, this is probably just the first Beatles pin we are going to see.

There will probably be atleast two. Just my opinion, we will see.

#262 83 days ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I had a chance to play several games at ayci Gogi on the Beatles a couple days ago.
Which is a great place to play pins.
My impressions:
Everyone seemed to enjoy the game. It looks good. Shiny.
It's a sea witch General Remake. I don't like that really, but I am not the typical target buyer. I am the typical target player, sort of.
So I'm not buying it, but I enjoy it in a lineup.
(I'm not big on rethemes a but I desire a vault tron. If you retheme a tron for me I would be in that quickly.
Different I guess.)
I also had another thought when someone asked about why there is no sgt peppers. Or anything like that.
There will be, IMO. My thought was, this is probably just the first Beatles pin we are going to see.
There will probably be atleast two. Just my opinion, we will see.

I hope your right about multiple editions, would be pretty cool.

#263 82 days ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't really care how other people spend their money, so I'm bored with the price discussions. There are more egregiously stupid purchase decisions being made every day by rich idiots, the world keeps turning.

"Rich Idiot" is so harsh, I prefer the term "eccentric functioning alcoholic with extraordinary ability for good fortune".

If a Beatles lover chooses to pay the price, what's the big deal? It's their money, it's their choice. I'm sure they are ecstatic with their new found art piece.

I just added an Aliens LE to my collection. I paid the price. In my opinion, it's a work of art. Who cares. The world keeps turning.

QSS

#264 82 days ago
Quoted from musketd:

I played beetles numerous times and it’s a much better game then Iron Maiden or Deadpool in my option a lot more fun

9E269291-D695-45C9-B650-389646E5EC34 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#265 71 days ago

If you want to make Beatles a lot more challenging in a home environment, set "Choose Song At Ball Plunge" to "NO" (Feature adj. #8). This forces you to complete "FAB FOUR" to quality for a song (which will cause it to blink). Shooting the top loop will start the song.

Now try and complete all the songs!

1 week later
#266 61 days ago

I know this is a throwback machine but I just had to do it. They work perfect over the targets.

20190122_193307 (resized).jpg20190122_201534 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OHIO
$ 104.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 129.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball USA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 149.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 266 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside