20200628_090110 (resized).jpg
FLS0044_Glen E. Friedman (resized).jpg
pink-floyd-back-catalogue-collector-print-1.133 (resized).jpg
9D7FC1E2-88D3-41FF-BED2-EF65E17FE4FA (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
images(2).jpg
Black-Sabbath-Large-Wallpaper (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg
There are 212 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#2 3 years ago

IRON MAIDEN.

MOTORHEAD.

#4 3 years ago

Floyd

#5 3 years ago

John
Paul
George
Ringo

#6 3 years ago

The Who

or, if individuals allowed... Bowie

#9 3 years ago
a0545l (resized).jpga0545l (resized).jpg
#10 3 years ago

Best pop- Beatles( don’t even argue)
Best rock- Rolling Stones
Best hard rock- Zeppelin
Best duo- Everly Bro’s

#12 3 years ago

Meatloaf

#13 3 years ago

My brother was a roady for the dead back in 78....and I still choose Floyd. I worked back stage for Floyd for a short time in 88/89. They release 21 lps not counting that last or The solos. Have over 300 songs not “officially” released by them plus some back stage-pre and post concert video still on VHS. Have a bit on high8. Sold a massive amount of Memorabilia yrs ago, but still have a bit. That’s my back stage vest in the frame. ..has a bong pouch in the back. No shit

789A90EB-F908-4B12-99E0-D0B51186D19F (resized).jpeg789A90EB-F908-4B12-99E0-D0B51186D19F (resized).jpegAB2692A0-7900-47C4-9E21-79F34D400D6B (resized).jpegAB2692A0-7900-47C4-9E21-79F34D400D6B (resized).jpeg
#14 3 years ago

Tool.

#15 3 years ago

Beatles hands down. Phish with a close 2nd for me.

#16 3 years ago

Best duo - Ronnie James : )

#17 3 years ago

I second that!

#18 3 years ago

Yup.....Pink Floyd is definitely second to the Beatles

#19 3 years ago

"Best" is somewhat subjective, but under most definitions I'd probably list The Beatles. I don't think there is another band where your average person could rattle off a list of their albums. If I were going to make a case for a personal favorite, it would probably be the Foo Fighters. They have been rocking pretty hard for the past 20-30 years.

#20 3 years ago

Sabbath.

But yeah, the Beatles or Zeppelin

#21 3 years ago

True. Can’t deny the Beatles. Was too young to see um live. Was a 70s early 80s rocker thx to my older brother and the military

CFA8FA76-8FBE-42EE-8378-A1F43A76FAC6 (resized).jpegCFA8FA76-8FBE-42EE-8378-A1F43A76FAC6 (resized).jpeg
#22 3 years ago

My top 5 in no order:

Phish
Talking heads
Pink Floyd
Bob Marley and the Wailers
Led Zeppelin

#23 3 years ago

Stryper, of course.

#24 3 years ago

RUSH!!!

#25 3 years ago

The Shaggs

You just have to hear them for yourself. — For reference not only did Frank Zappa claim that “The Shaggs are better than The Beatles”, he then rated The Shaggs “the third best band in history”. Also, Kurt Cobain of Nirvana listed them as “a major influence”.

#26 3 years ago

My wife would say Tears for Fears( I’m not joking, she loves that band).
But Best rock band for me: Rolling Stones or The Who. I’ve seen both live several times and it’s too close to call.

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My top 5 in no order:
Phish
Talking heads
Pink Floyd
Bob Marley and the Wailers
Led Zeppelin

chuckwurt nice list, though never heard of Phish.....need to check them out if they’re in that list.

For me Talking Heads has proven the most timeless in that list - likely since they were so unique and ahead of their time originally. But listening to them now, they just get better and better. Even young hipsters agree.

#28 3 years ago

Would have to put King Crimson and Radiohead into the ring for consideration.

And of course I’d have to throw a vote to Rolling Stones.

And if Bob Dylan was a band.

#29 3 years ago

Queen or Zep.

#30 3 years ago

Eagles, Floyd, and The Cure

#31 3 years ago

Black Sabbath over any other hard rock band out of the 70s. No contest.

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

Black Sabbath over any other hard rock band out of the 70s. No contest.

Can’t argue with that but I’d put priest and acdc in there too.

Best American rock band: Ramones

Otherwise the usual suspects, stones, Floyd, Who. Beatles are fine but I put them behind my big three.

#33 3 years ago

Led Zeppelin of course.

#34 3 years ago

Another Sabbath vote here. Not sure what I'd be listening to these days without the Godfathers. Human League maybe?

#35 3 years ago

Bay City Rollers....

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Can’t argue with that but I’d put priest and acdc in there too.
Best American rock band: Ramones
Otherwise the usual suspects, stones, Floyd, Who. Beatles are fine but I put them behind my big three.

I dig Priest. They're the best of the 80s for me, personally.

I like AC/DC, but not a lot of diversity among the albums. That's not really a complaint though. AC/DC is always a good time.

Ramones are definitely the best American rock band of all time, I agree.

#37 3 years ago

Deep Purple "Machine Head" and Cream

#38 3 years ago

Best band can cover so many things.

Most popular ? Most popular alive ? Most popular dead ? Most records sold ? Most songs produced ? Most hits ? Most gold records or albums ? Most platinum records or albums ? Most attendance at a single show ? Most attendance during a tour ? Most money earned ? Best live performance ?

I lean towards the Rolling Stones. Played in 6 decades so far. Mozart performed in 2 or 3 decades and hundreds of years later people still listen to him. I suspect in the future the Rolling Stones will be listened to for a long, long time.

LTG : )

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

chuckwurt nice list, though never heard of Phish.....need to check them out if they’re in that list.
For me Talking Heads has proven the most timeless in that list - likely since they were so unique and ahead of their time originally. But listening to them now, they just get better and better. Even young hipsters agree.

Phish you have to see live. Think modern day Grateful Dead but way more upbeat. Better to dance to. I posted earlier in the thread their encore from this past New Years. It was amazing. 4 days of amazing shows.

Also,

I’m too young to have seen talking heads but saw david Byrnes show last year. Blew me away. So happy I got to see it. So so good. Also the first time I saw Stop Making Sense it changed my life. Haha

#40 3 years ago

BLACK SABBATH !!!!

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Phish you have to see live. Think modern day Grateful Dead but way more upbeat. Better to dance to. I posted earlier in the thread their encore from this past New Years. It was amazing. 4 days of amazing shows.
Also,
I’m too young to have seen talking heads but saw david Byrnes show last year. Blew me away. So happy I got to see it. So so good. Also the first time I saw Stop Making Sense it changed my life. Haha

The thought of you dancing makes me wanna cut your head off, whaddaya say?

#42 3 years ago

For me it’s the Stones, Beatles and then a toss up between The Who and Led Zep.

#43 3 years ago

Nother vote for BS.

#44 3 years ago

Anything other than KISS , they are the worst band ever .

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

The thought of you dancing makes me wanna cut your head off, whaddaya say?

I’m not surprised. Don’t at least some people die at the concerts you go to?

Didn’t say I danced, just trying to paint the picture of what a phish show would be like for someone that has never heard of them.

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from Vandy89:

My wife would say Tears for Fears.

Your wife is a smart woman. Great band with not a single bad album. They're number 3 on my favorite list.

Everyone here seems to be listing their favorites and letting emotion get in the way of intellectual honesty.

They're not my favorite, but The Beatles were the best band in rock history. Period. Volumes have been written about all the breakthroughs they achieved in music. Without them, there's a good chance your favorite band (Tears for Fears included) would have never existed.

#47 3 years ago

The correct answer was Led Zeppelin.

#48 3 years ago

Hawkwind > Pink Floyd.

#49 3 years ago

The only correct answer is Queen.

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Also,

There are 212 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beat-band-of-all-time-?hl=largemouthass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.