20200628_090110 (resized).jpg
FLS0044_Glen E. Friedman (resized).jpg
pink-floyd-back-catalogue-collector-print-1.133 (resized).jpg
9D7FC1E2-88D3-41FF-BED2-EF65E17FE4FA (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
images(2).jpg
Black-Sabbath-Large-Wallpaper (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

There are 212 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#52 3 years ago

Dang forgot about Bowie. Another one I wish I’d be able to see in person.

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My top 5 in no order:
Phish
Talking heads
Pink Floyd
Bob Marley and the Wailers
Led Zeppelin

Lost me at phish.

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

chuckwurt nice list, though never heard of Phish.....need to check them out if they’re in that list.
For me Talking Heads has proven the most timeless in that list - likely since they were so unique and ahead of their time originally. But listening to them now, they just get better and better. Even young hipsters agree.

Take lots of drugs before listening to phish otherwise they will sound horrible.

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I was lucky enough to see him thrice. First time was in 1995 on that weird double bill with nine inch nails. It was ok but really not a great vibe with all new stuff and half the arena leaving after nin was done.

2000 at rose land ballroom was just amazing. A perfect set too, 1/3 classics, 1/3 new stuff and 1/3 deep cuts. It was an amazing show in a small venue. $50. Really felt lucky to be there.

Saw him a year or two later a queens college. That was a fun show too but I don’t really remember much about it.

You gotta see these legends when you have the chance. At least if they can still deliver. I declined a chance to see chuck berry when he was 80 something, based on the clips I saw I don’t think it would have been a good show.

#56 3 years ago

Not enough Motörhead in this thread.

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You gotta see these legends when you have the chance. At least if they can still deliver.

No matter which band you like. If you get a chance to see them when they are at the top of their game. Do so.

I saw Led Zepplin in 1975 at the Guthrie in Minneapolis. A great show. I saw them in 1978 at the Met Sports Center in Bloomington. What a disaster. Show started 2 hours and 40 minutes late. They were still in Chicago when they should have opened here. Played a couple hours of the crappiest music ever. Came out for an encore. Only a couple hundred people were left, and they weren't applauding for an encore, they were leaving.

LTG : )

#58 3 years ago

My top five
Sabbath
Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd
Pantera
Rush

#59 3 years ago

Take my money with the best - Sabbath or ziggy pins.

CBF4D1BA-F290-464C-ABA5-2DD480A155DB (resized).jpegCBF4D1BA-F290-464C-ABA5-2DD480A155DB (resized).jpeg

#60 3 years ago

Floyd?

hqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg
#61 3 years ago
Black-Sabbath-Large-Wallpaper (resized).jpgBlack-Sabbath-Large-Wallpaper (resized).jpg
#62 3 years ago

I'm shocked. NO guns and roses?
Kaneda has been all over my ass for a month because I questioned that they needed a second pin. He assured me that I was wrong and it wasn't debatable that GNR was the best and most loved band of all time.
Don't you guys know that they made $5000 trillion dollars on their last 6 year tour yada yada blah blah...

But for me personally, Kid Rock, but it has to be back when Uncle Kracker was on turntables.

Sorry franchi

#63 3 years ago

50s ELVIS 60s Beatles 70s LED motha F%#!*%? ZEPPELIN 80s Iron Maiden/Metallica 90s Velvet Revolver 10s Foo Fighters 10s no pick used to split IM/MET

#64 3 years ago

Soooooo what I’m trying to say is the 90s need a group Pin !!!! Gotta have limp Biz rollin ,monkey wrench ,slither ,on n on 90s pin would rock can do 2 songs 6 bands a lot to work with !!

#66 3 years ago

Velvet revolver,limp biz,foo fighters n Korn ....2 songs each give it to me !!!!call it 9oZilla!!!

#67 3 years ago

Or 3 lmao

#68 3 years ago

Some really good names thrown out there. Agree with most of them. All I know is the older I get the more I enjoy The Doors. Just surprised no one mentioned them yet.

#69 3 years ago

1. Black Sabbath
2. Motorhead
3. Who fuckin cares?

#70 3 years ago

I DO.
Deicide in there too.

#71 3 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

Some really good names thrown out there. Agree with most of them. All I know is the older I get the more I enjoy The Doors. Just surprised no one mentioned them yet.

Yeah I agree can’t leave them out ..but the 90s thing could you imagine a “break your Fing face tonight” multiball!!!!!

#72 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Saw him during his Ziggy Stardust days it wasn't just his music it was a show. The biggest show in Rock was Alice Cooper in the early to mid 70's.

#73 3 years ago

Yeah those kinds of shows are sooo good. That’s what David Byrne’s tour was last year. A must see.

#74 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I saw him perform at his Let's Dance tour, and Stevie Ray Vaughn was his guitarist. This was just before Stevie Ray Vaughn released his first record. Great show.

#75 3 years ago

Too generic of a question for me, it depends on your tastes.

Beatles for sure, changed the landscape. Having seen 30+ rock bands live in their heyday in the late 70's to early 80's when tickets were $5.50 to $8.50 my top 7 concerts I saw (not in any order):

1) Van Halen 1st tour lead off for Black Sabbath
2) Motley Crue lead off for Black Sabbath
3) Foreigner lead off for Lynryd Skynyrd
4) Queen Bicycle tour
5) Pink Floyd The Wall in NYC
6) Aerosmith (3X)
7) Bruce Springsteen- never liked him till a friend bought the ticket and insisted I go. Amazing show.

Honorable mention:

1) ELO. Spaceship on stage which opened up to form the stage. Loudest band ever to the point of pain.
2) The Ramones- live at a bar in Jersey. Amazing
3) Frank Zappa- Mann Music Center Philly. Chick's were wearing Zappa mustaches and goatees. Weird but wild.

#76 3 years ago

ACE OF BASE. hands down. or maybe 98 degrees

#77 3 years ago

when I think of the best band, I think of live performances I've seen.
My taste will be different a bit.
Tightest band for me is weird, Steve Miller...just so polished...older, and seasoned.
Best show was The Stones.
Wildest The Ramones
Most memorable U2 and The Police

#78 3 years ago

Best Pop Band Beatles
Best Rock Band Led Zeppelin (honorable mention to the Stones)
Best Solo Artist Eric Clapton (honorable mention to David Bowie and BB King*)

*I saw BB King perform at the Golden Bear, a small 150 capacity club in Huntington Beach, CA in 1983. I was graduating high school, and I checked local concerts and I read that BB King was playing at the Golden Bear, a local legend for all the bands that played there when they were starting out. I grabbed three of my friends and we went to see the show. We sat 20 feet from the stage, and it was the best, most intimate show I've ever seen. I've seen Bowie, Clapton many times, Whitesnake, Steely Dan, Stones, etc. in large concerts, but that was the best show. I assumed that he was down on his luck playing small clubs in the 80s. Decades later I learned that he was performing the next night at the San Diego Sports Arena, a 15,000 person concert. He wanted to play a smaller club while on tour and picked the Golden Bear.

#79 3 years ago

Pat Metheny Group best 80’s infusion band... me like a lot...

#80 3 years ago

You guys are old... teenager of the 90’s:

Foo Fighters, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden

#81 3 years ago
Quoted from ShooterMcD:

You missed AIC, Tool, and NIN

#82 3 years ago

I could never pick just one. Here’s my list by decade.
60’s - The Beatles
70’s - Black Sabbath, LED Zeppelin, KISS
80’s - Megadeth, Metallica, Anthrax, Slayer
90’ - Pantera, Megadeth, Slayer, and Testament
2000’s - Disturbed and Megadeth
2010’s - Megadeth

#83 3 years ago
Quoted from ShooterMcD:

You guys are old...

Speak up, I can’t hear you!

#84 3 years ago
Quoted from ShooterMcD:

All great, but Best Of All Time?

#85 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

All great, but Best Of All Time?

I hear you... but isn’t it about time we get a music pin that breaks the mold here a bit?

#88 3 years ago
Quoted from ShooterMcD:

I hear you... but isn’t it about time we get a music pin that breaks the mold here a bit?

Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

ACE OF BASE. hands down.

Edit: Thanks a lot HEAD_boss_HOG , now I can’t get “All that she wants” out of my head.

#89 3 years ago
Quoted from ShooterMcD:

100%.

Wonder how many bands from the current generation will ever be considered “greatest of all time”. Hate to say it, but I think the whole concept is finished in today’s culture.

#90 3 years ago

Andrew W.K.
Misfits

Both need their own pins. Andrew W.K. loves pinball!

#92 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Floyd?
[quoted image]

"An some cleaning products...."

#93 3 years ago

Rush would be my favorite now I guess. I saw signals then decades later time machine tour.

I also saw the final rush tour.

In the begining and closer to the end perhaps.

Rush, for me.

My theme song was provided to me so long ago. Digital man.

#94 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah those kinds of shows are sooo good. That’s what David Byrne’s tour was last year. A must see.

Saw that same tour down here. Was a fantastic concert. He’s a musical genius no doubt.

#97 3 years ago

Man it's hard not to say The Jimi Henrix Experience for me. Jimi's the greatest guitarist to ever live but these four badasses from Birmingham are by far my favorite band. The bells and the storm sound before the opening chords of Black Sabbath are etched in my mind forever

images(2).jpgimages(2).jpg

#98 3 years ago

Zeppelin!

Best range of sound, from acoustic through metal.

Solid songwriting, obvious knowledge of music theory and structure. Some rock bands just "jam" to create a song and don't know what they're doing and they're just reinventing the wheel over and over again. Not Zeppelin: when they wrote songs they shot with a silencer and a laser sight!

Extensive catalogue of material, dozens of hits.

They hit the sweet spot of complexity: deep and interesting without becoming bland and long-winded "prog rock".

...and they often had excellent hair cuts!

#99 3 years ago
Quoted from ShooterMcD:

What does this thread have to do about music themed pinball machines?

#100 3 years ago

Beatles
The Band

There are 212 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beat-band-of-all-time-/page/2?hl=jaytrem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.