Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 161 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Jaymach1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DanHedaya (resized).JPG
    c4799eebeaf1e8190d688980e6189ed83a2bb8fe (resized).png
    IMG_3555 (resized).PNG
    beasties_pinball.jpg
    tumblr_lni142Qigb1qdcwfto1_500[1].gif
    200.gif
    drunk.jpg
    Beastie-Boys-Licensed-To-Ill.jpg
    download.jpg
    beastie-boys-sabotage-.gif
    Mantan.jpg
    bb.jpg
    Beastie+Boys.jpg
    There are 161 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 11 years ago

Beastie boys pin would be great. Sabatoge is one of the best songs to get you pumped up. It's a better music pin idea than most of the others that have been thrown around.

#52 11 years ago

Beattie Boys will most definitely never happen, as every pinhead I know including myself are in to rock and roll, and have no interest in rap or hip hop music.

#53 11 years ago

"People always trying to get next to me, I had a beautiful experience on esctacy"

Paul's Boutique is a sincere work of fine art.

I always say "Mmmmmm it does go well with the chicken" when @ the winery. At least one person gets it every time

#54 11 years ago
    Quoted from NightTrain:

It wouldn't interest me at all. Everyone has their own taste in music. I used to like the Beastie Boys because it was the thing to do. After growing up a little and actually listening to the music, I can't stand it anymore. They have no harmonies whatsoever and just yell. They can't sing for shit. The only reason they got popular, and the only thing they had going for them, was that they had a new sound. The blend of rock/rap/funk wasn't really heard of before the Beastie Boys. Now when you listen to it, it's outdated as hell and almost worse than listening to someone tone deaf trying to sing (well wait...that is what you're doing).
    The Bestie Boys were big...just not big enough to have a pinball machine. There are many other bands out there with a wider audience and more gold/platinum albums that would warrant a pinball machine. That's just my 2 cents. I'm sure plenty of people don't like some of the bands I do. Flame suit on.

I'm sorry you've become soooo old.

QSS

#55 11 years ago
    Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

I'm sorry you've become soooo old.

Yeah,
    With a name like "Pinitration", you'd think he'd be happier!

Beastie Boys will always sound like the Beastie Boys, no matter what type of music they are playing.
    They were originals through and through, nobody had their sound/tone/delivery. The "In the Round" 98' tour was probably one of my favorite BB shows to date; I sincerely wish the remaining crew the best of luck in any future endeavors.
    (Including pinball! )

R.I.P. "MCA", you will be missed!

#56 11 years ago

Yep count me in

#57 11 years ago

Me and the crew were out breakin windows - the bingos the lottos you know I never win those

Beastie pin would be great. All the people saying they would not be able to relate to it and all pinheads only like rock and roll reminds me that pins are in trouble if they can't somehow reach younger people or at least consider it.

At magfest this year (music and gaming rest in dc mostly videos but around 15 pins getting lots of action), three or four times I had to explain to the young person playing the pin that more than one person could play at a time. I think most of them had never played a pin.

#58 11 years ago

This would be one of the few titles that I would buy NIB!

#59 11 years ago

When you hit multiball it should be like "HELLLOOOOO BROOKLYYNNNNNN!" . . . 808 drops.

#60 11 years ago

I love the idea they should have pop bumpers look like sky scrapers and the ball capture would be sabotage!it would be awesome and I think it would capture a huge market. Not like shaque

1 year later
    #61 9 years ago

bumpin' this to the top because it needs to happen.

#63 9 years ago

Haha. Me too!

Mullet Madness here we come! Fight for your right to Multiball! There are several boutique pins in development, but I think it's high time for a Paul's Boutique pin!!!

#64 9 years ago

with the echo ... you know what im sayin .. the biz
    for sure , its weird ive been hearing a lot of beasties in the arenas watching hockey playoffs

#65 9 years ago

I think it would be sweet.

However, when MCA died, he said that he didn't want the music to be used for any sort of advertising or commercial endeavor. I don't know if that would apply to a product like this, but that could be a potential hang up.

However, I could see how Mike D and Ad Rock would think it was a cool project, and it would be a product for fans, so....

#66 9 years ago
    Quoted from Britt-in-VA:

However, when MCA died, he said that he didn't want the music to be used for any sort of advertising or commercial endeavor.

Ya, i heard that. I was hoping this would be more of a homage to them as opposed to a full on advertising type thing, you know? I really don't think there is much chance on this happening, just trying to get some discussion going again.

#67 9 years ago

This would be a fun pin theme for sure, I remember one year in College for Halloween I went as Cochese.

High plains drifter was one of my favs from Pauls Boutique

#68 9 years ago

I liked this one one 2, must be the Die Hard reference

#69 9 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Yeah,
    With a name like "Pinitration", you'd think he'd be happier!
    Beastie Boys will always sound like the Beastie Boys, no matter what type of music they are playing.
    They were originals through and through, nobody had their sound/tone/delivery. The "In the Round" 98' tour was probably one of my favorite BB shows to date; I sincerely wish the remaining crew the best of luck in any future endeavors.
    (Including pinball! )
    R.I.P. "MCA", you will be missed!

I also saw In the Round in '98. I travelled up from VA and saw them at the then Continental Airlines arena in New Jersey, with Biz Markie, Money Mark, and Tribe Called Quest. It was cool, or lame depending on how you look at it, that Tribe announced they were breaking up at that show, and it was either their last, or second to last, show that they ever did together.

As far as rock, hip hop, all that... I'm not a fan of "either"... I'm a music fan. If it sounds cool, I like it, regardless of the genre.

The Beasties were pioneers. They were unique and so was their musical vision. They were artists, and it wasn't just the music, it was the whole package.

#70 9 years ago

"Get it together" with q-Tip is my "back in the day" happy song. I used to play a pinbot at the UW Madison student union and that track was being played pretty much every time.

Professor Booty has got to be there simply for the shasta reference.

#71 9 years ago

This video always cracked me up!

#72 9 years ago

So whatcha, whatcha whatcha want? BB pin would be great. Hey Stern... what's the time? Time to get ILL.

#73 9 years ago

Like Sam the Butcher bringing Alice the meat
    Like Fred Flintstone drivin' 'round with bald feet!

#74 9 years ago

"So don't touch me, cause I'm electric, and if you touch me, you'll get shocked shocked shocked...."

I'd buy for sure.

#75 9 years ago

Britt - I was at the MSG show. Biz Markie playing DJ to MSG like it was a house party was awesome. Fantastic show and would be a great pin, but I think the chances are very slim.

#76 9 years ago
    Quoted from Britt-in-VA:

I think it would be sweet.
    However, when MCA died, he said that he didn't want the music to be used for any sort of advertising or commercial endeavor. I don't know if that would apply to a product like this, but that could be a potential hang up.
    However, I could see how Mike D and Ad Rock would think it was a cool project, and it would be a product for fans, so....

I don't think a pin would be a problem, especially since it's not advertising per say, and because they were such big arcade/pinball fans.

I would love to be the music designer on something like this, so many beats and loops to choose from for different modes.

#77 9 years ago
    Quoted from boo32:

Britt - I was at the MSG show. Biz Markie playing DJ to MSG like it was a house party was awesome. Fantastic show and would be a great pin, but I think the chances are very slim.

Awesome! My buddies were there, too. I had tickets for that show on Friday night, and the Meadowlands on Saturday, but due to some school conflicts couldn't make both.

It was an awesome show, and they raved about the MSG show, too!

#78 9 years ago

I saw Mixmaster Mike battle Rahzel at a show in Houston when I was in my 20's. That blew my mind.

#79 9 years ago

I'd buy one..

#80 9 years ago

Great, I'm going to be watching Beasties on YouTube all day now.

#81 9 years ago
    Quoted from Britt-in-VA:

I also saw In the Round in '98. I travelled up from VA and saw them at the then Continental Airlines arena in New Jersey, with Biz Markie, Money Mark, and Tribe Called Quest. It was cool, or lame depending on how you look at it, that Tribe announced they were breaking up at that show, and it was either their last, or second to last, show that they ever did together.
    As far as rock, hip hop, all that... I'm not a fan of "either"... I'm a music fan. If it sounds cool, I like it, regardless of the genre.
    The Beasties were pioneers. They were unique and so was their musical vision. They were artists, and it wasn't just the music, it was the whole package.

I saw this tour in Montreal. Was kind of disapointed that Tribe Called Quest didn't perform (they must have broken up before the show, I hadn't heard anything about it until we got to the stadium) but I was really there for the BEASTIE Boys anyway. They gave Biz Markie extra time to perform and he flashed the crowd and forgot the lyrics to "Just a Friend" -- classic! The BEASTIEs put on an awesome show, and being in Montreal before and after the concert made up for missing out on the Tribe.

I still have the t-shirt I bought at that show, worn to hell and full of holes but still one of my favorites. Just found a picture of one on eBay -- I'd forgotten it used to be that brown, mine is pretty faded!

#82 9 years ago

7. So Whatcha Want ?
    8. The Biz vs. The Nuge.
    9. Time for Livin

#83 9 years ago
    Quoted from sanctumwear:

Gratitude is one of my favorite songs. Very talented musicians.
    » YouTube video

Good times gone!
    And you missed them
    What's gone wrong in your system?
    What'd you think? Did you miss your calling?
    It's so free, this kind of feeling
    It's like life, it's so appealing
    When you've got so much to say
    It's called gratitude, and that's right

#84 9 years ago

Beastie Boys were a great punk band.

#85 9 years ago
    Quoted from Britt-in-VA:

and it would be a product for fans, so....

.....I'm on the run; the cops got my gun, and right about now it's time to have some fun.

#86 9 years ago

i still play my original def jam this rock hard 12 inch single at parties. apparently its pretty rare. My kids will finish my sentence when i say no sleep till... ittakes a second to wreck it but it takes time to build , to the 5 boroughs was a staple in my car cd changer for years , before that it was public enemy it takes a nation of millions on cassette.

#87 9 years ago

F**K yes.

SABOTAGE MULTIBALL!!!!

beastie-boys-sabotage-.gifbeastie-boys-sabotage-.gif

#88 9 years ago

So much awesomeness to work with here!!!!!!!

#89 9 years ago
    Quoted from Astill:

public enemy it takes a nation of millions on cassette.

my first hip hop album was Fat Boys Are Back, love it, Licensed to Ill was my second.

download.jpgdownload.jpg
    Beastie-Boys-Licensed-To-Ill.jpgBeastie-Boys-Licensed-To-Ill.jpg

#90 9 years ago

Beastie boys would be a great pin. Lots of great songs to pick from. Liscense to ill was my favorite.

#91 9 years ago

This pin would have humor at least. I love their music but not so much their "singing."

#92 9 years ago

One more.....

I'm the king of Boggle....There is none higher..... I get eleven points from the word "quagmire".

So glad I saw them on their final tour.

#93 9 years ago

So what'cha what'cha what'cha want ?
    Yer so funny with the money that ya flaunt
    I said " Where'd you get yer information from, huh ?"
    You think that you can front when revelation comes ??

RIP MCA...

#94 9 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

I always say "Mmmmmm it does go well with the chicken" when @ the winery.

Busted out laughing in public on this.....

#95 9 years ago

I would buy one for sure.

"Cause I'm the masta blasta, lickin' up the Shasta. My voice sounds sweet 'cause it hasta"!

#96 9 years ago

That's one I would consider throwing down on. There's very few themes that would make me say that. I generally don't believe any of these new pins are worth the money people are throwing at them. There's just too much goodness out there already at a way better value.

This is coming from a guy that has 2 Hollywood Heats, so take that for what it's worth.

#97 9 years ago

Oh HELL YES I'd love a Beastie Boys pin! I'm so excited, I came up with my own corny rhyme!

"Pin-Ball Revere"

Now here's a little story I've got to tell
    About three pinballers you know so well
    It started way back in history
    Jackie G, Gary Stern, and a Bad Mother F***er.....Steve Ritchie
    Been had a little horsy Pin-Ball Revere
    Just me some wax and Novus I smear
    Old pin games I sand, cleaning rubber bands
    Operators on my tail cause I'm in demand
    One lonely Pin-head I be
    Sittin in an arcade without nobody
    The sun is beating down on my faded cabin-at
    The coils gettin' hot, score reels are going flat
    Lookin' for a girl I ran into a guy
    His name is Gary Stern, I said, "Howdy" he said, "Hi"

He told a pinball story that sounded well rehearsed
    Decline of pinball games, how arcade operators are the worst
    Tokens were in my hand and he was on my tip
    His skin was tan, his hair was gray he was a f-ing trip
    He said, "Can I get some?"
    I said, "You can't get none!"
    Had a chance to run
    He pulled out his soldering gun
    He was quick on the draw I thought Pinball was dead
    He put the tool to my head and this is what he said,

"Now my name is Gary Stern I've got pinball licenses to kill!
    It's damn time everybody knows that pinball gives a thrill!
    Now what do we have here, a gamer and his gear?
    I run this land, you understand I make myself clear!"
    We stepped into the wind he had his balls, I had a grin
    You think Pinball is over but it's ready to begin

When/if I get more creative corniness, I'll continue the story of Pin-Ball Revere!

#98 9 years ago

I'm somehow amused & embarrassed now lol

#99 9 years ago

I'm in......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm drop

#100 9 years ago
    Quoted from JoelOmatik:

Oh HELL YES I'd love a Beastie Boys pin! I'm so excited, I came up with my own corny rhyme!
    "Pin-Ball Revere"
    Now here's a little story I've got to tell
    About three pinballers you know so well
    It started way back in history
    Jackie G, Gary Stern, and a Bad Mother F***er.....Steve Ritchie
    Been had a little horsy Pin-Ball Revere
    Just me some wax and Novus I smear
    Old pin games I sand, cleaning rubber bands
    Operators on my tail cause I'm in demand
    One lonely Pin-head I be
    Sittin in an arcade without nobody
    The sun is beating down on my faded cabin-at
    The coils gettin' hot, score reels are going flat
    Lookin' for a girl I ran into a guy
    His name is Gary Stern, I said, "Howdy" he said, "Hi"
    He told a pinball story that sounded well rehearsed
    Decline of pinball games, how arcade operators are the worst
    Tokens were in my hand and he was on my tip
    His skin was tan, his hair was gray he was a f-ing trip
    He said, "Can I get some?"
    I said, "You can't get none!"
    Had a chance to run
    He pulled out his soldering gun
    He was quick on the draw I thought Pinball was dead
    He put the tool to my head and this is what he said,
    "Now my name is Gary Stern I've got pinball licenses to kill!
    It's damn time everybody knows that pinball gives a thrill!
    Now what do we have here, a gamer and his gear?
    I run this land, you understand I make myself clear!"
    We stepped into the wind he had his balls, I had a grin
    You think Pinball is over but it's ready to begin
    When/if I get more creative corniness, I'll continue the story of Pin-Ball Revere!

Kudos, my man! This is great!

There are 161 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beastie-boys-pin/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.