Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by McDoom
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20211227-205244_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #3 2 years ago
    Screenshot_20211227-205244_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211227-205244_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #4 2 years ago

Yes please.
    No more classic rock crap.
    Thank you.

#5 2 years ago

I dunno If I was up all night playing this it'd be NO SLEEP TIL BROOKLYN!

#6 2 years ago

Perhaps a ... Boutique ... manufacturer will do it.

#7 2 years ago

Would love this pin

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from FlippyD:

Perhaps a ... Boutique ... manufacturer will do it.

Could be PB...no NOT Pinball Brothers... but rather Paul's Boutique.

#9 2 years ago

I’ve mentioned adding some hip-hop/rap pins to the lineup in some previous threads, even throwing out the Beasties.

Soon you will be told that pinball is a niche market, with rap fans being an even smaller niche within the pinball buying market. “People that actually buy pins won’t buy a rap pin.”

I’m a pinball buyer that was born in the 70’s. It’s time to realize that time has progressed all the way into 2022, and the buying market includes those of us that grew up listening to more Beasties than Beatles.

#10 2 years ago

I would purchase Beastie Boys and place it right next to my Wu-Tang pin and Iron Maiden if I were so lucky

Check out my post and let me know your thoughts.

We are overdue for a hip-hop-themed pin!!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-wu-tang-clan-pin-would-be-epic

#11 2 years ago

As much as I love the Beasties I think that RUN DMC truly deserves the honor of being the first Hip Hop themed pin.

#12 2 years ago

Pinball is a niche market, with rap fans being an even smaller niche within the pinball buying market.

“People that actually buy pins won’t buy a rap pin.”

#13 2 years ago

Beastie Boys, Wu, A Tribe Called Quest= Take my money.

#14 2 years ago

I would definitely buy a beastie boys pin. Here’s hoping

#15 2 years ago

Insta buy for me.

#16 2 years ago

So many perfect quotes to entice operators to buy…

Players will love sure shot ball.

You’ll make more coin than Ali baba and the forty thieves

Players be dropping coin like Galileo dropped an orange

Ok. These are terrible… but I would be in on a beastie boy or instantly…. Make the whole pin 70s cop show vibe like the sabotage video.

#19 2 years ago

LE Instant buy for me if it ever happened

#20 2 years ago

I mean, if Rush gets a pinball machine. Any band can at this point. Knowing stern we might get a Michael Buble Christmas album pin in June.

I'd take a look at a Beastie Boys pin. I'm not against it. I think Pearl Jam or Nirvana or just a general grunge Rock pin makes more sense though.

#21 2 years ago

Sorry Atari_Daze forgot to use thread search option.... I would also look at a Nirvana pin but courtney would want a ton of money for it I bet!!!!

#22 2 years ago

I’d love a BB pin. I actually have a retheme/recode I’m working on but it will be awhile before I have anything to share. I don’t think there will ever be a BB pin. MCA’s will asked that they would not use BB likeness, art or music in any advertising. Also no new BB music.

#23 2 years ago

+1 for a rap pin, also born in the 70's love punk and rap, would love to see a classic rap pin, Run, BB, Public Enemy, Wu, but I really think it should be Run the Jewels, would be huge and those guys have pinball in their videos and are stellar marketers.
    If it was up to me I'd do an Aesop Rock pin, best rapper to ever walk the earth, most unique lyrics in rap, so many possibilities, never happen, but a guy can dream.
    B

#24 2 years ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

I’d love a BB pin. I actually have a retheme/recode I’m working on but it will be awhile before I have anything to share. I don’t think there will ever be a BB pin. MCA’s will asked that they would not use BB likeness, art or music in any advertising. Also no new BB music.

if true that's a bummer

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

I mean, if Rush gets a pinball machine. Any band can at this point. Knowing stern we might get a Michael Buble Christmas album pin in June.
    I'd take a look at a Beastie Boys pin. I'm not against it. I think Pearl Jam or Nirvana or just a general grunge Rock pin makes more sense though.

agree

#26 2 years ago

Super tough license to get.

That’s why you rarely hear it in movies or commercials.

I don’t think any pinball company has the sway to land the license…Unless one of the surviving members is a huge pinball fan…but I think we would have heard of that by now.

#27 2 years ago

Yes, please! So much content to pull from, including instrumental-only tracks from The Mix Up album would do great. Sabotage multiball with the video playing on the display would be killer. I’d take this theme over the rumored Foo Fighters any day of the week (and I’m a FF fan).

#28 2 years ago

Would Love a Sabatage Multiball!!!
    Since we're dreaming here.
    Would love a Jane's Addiction pin.
    OR, how about the best of the 80's and 90's music pin? Why label it to one band only?
    Give me some oingo boingo why we're at it.

#29 2 years ago

IM in all-day!!

#30 2 years ago

Im not against one being made either way but wasn’t Adam Yauch (MCA) really against licensing their music for commercial purposes.

#31 2 years ago
    Quoted from YZRider926:

Im not against one being made either way but wasn’t Adam Yauch (MCA) really against licensing their music for commercial purposes.

Yes, in a huge way.

That being said one of their songs popped up in Real Steel the robot fighting movie that was not exactly a masterpiece of cinema. So they can't be THAT picky.

You don't see a lot of Beastie Boys crap out there though so you'd think it would be unlikely.

#32 2 years ago

I've always been in for
    Snoop Dog's: Pin and Juice
    with custom call outs. . . .

#33 2 years ago

Mac Dre Thizzball. Someone make it happen.

#34 2 years ago
    Quoted from Porkfritter:

I've always been in for
    Snoop Dog's: Pin and Juice
    with custom call outs. . . .

Yup, I could see pot leafs everywhere......

#35 2 years ago

Please make this pin

#36 2 years ago

This would be a first day buy for me.

#37 2 years ago

It would be tough to license, especially with all the samples that they used. But hey, they had four songs in Rock Band, so who knows.

#38 2 years ago

Imagine what they could do with "shake your rump" track !!!

#39 2 years ago

Barf

#40 2 years ago

perhaps Culture Club would tickle your fancy????

I prefer Do You Really Want to Hurt Me?

eta: but seriously I actually didn't mind some of his music

#41 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That being said one of their songs popped up in Real Steel the robot fighting movie that was not exactly a masterpiece of cinema. So they can't be THAT picky.

Also…..
    “Shake your rump” was featured in the movie “Tag”

#42 2 years ago
    Quoted from Billygrippo:

Also…..
    “Shake your rump” was featured in the movie “Tag”

shake your rump is a great song imo

#43 2 years ago

Is your name Michael Diamond?
    No mine’s Clarence.

#44 2 years ago

The lifespan of a rap career seems to be a bit different than those in rock. A lot of rock bands and artists continue to play and jam well into the upper years of their lives, while rap seems to only hold onto a few of the OGs that may continue to perform here or there (ie Snoop, Ice Cube, Jay Z, etc) while most get pushed to the side for the next new thing. I would think that some of these rap artists would not mind putting their brand and IP out there for a few more minutes of fortune and fame.

I'm sure a [insert rap artist here] license would be cheaper to obtain than a Led Zeplin licence...

But let's be real, there are only a select number of artists/acts that could be popular enough with more mass appeal to be considered (in no order):
    Beastie Boys
    Run-DMC
    Wu-Tang
    Snoop
    NWA (and solo acts of Cube, Dre)
    2Pac
    Biggie
    Jay Z
    Eminem
    DMX
    Outkast
    A Tribe Called Quest
    Missy Elliot (Supa duppa fly)
    Public Enemy
    LL Cool J
    The Neptunes (produced songs)
    Lil Jon (produced songs)
    Def Jam (as a label)

Big names, but not for pins: MC Hammer, Salt N Pepa, Drake, Kanye, Cardi B

And if we're changing up from the rock genre, why not add Parliment Funkadelic to the list. P-Funk and Bootsy jams on a pin!

#45 2 years ago

I think it’s a great ideal…..Nothing wrong with switching things up

#46 2 years ago

Run the jewels would be the perfect theme for a hip-hop pin. Look at this R&M-themed video they did.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beastie-boys-pin-1?hl=codhollandaise and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.