Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by JKnPA
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3103 (resized).JPG
    wire30gi (resized).png
    IMG_3097 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3100 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3096 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3100 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3097 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3100 (resized).JPG
    ScreenHunter_180 Aug. 30 17.54 (resized).jpg
    ScreenHunter_180 Aug. 30 17.54 (resized).jpg
    ScreenHunter_179 Aug. 30 17.48 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3095 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3094 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3093 (resized).JPG
    crud slowing wipers (resized).jpg
    square components (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bingopodcast.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 4 years ago

Couple questions: is your timer reset? Is your score feature disc reset? Try resetting those manually then trying to start a new game.

#5 4 years ago

Things are pretty hectic right now, sorry for the delay, but score feature is a trip relay, correct? If so, check the hold switch on the relay and make sure it changes state.

If shutter doesn't open, is red button relay engaging on initial start relay pulse?

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from JKnPA:

3. Main issue...... I'm not sure how this 'Score feature' works! Can you explain its function?
    I assume it lets you change the 'scoring odds' after the 3rd, 4th, or 5th ball is shot.
    Is that correct?

Yes. It allows you to put in more money at the time when the feature flashes on the backglass. It plays only for odds. If you start a game and have a good one going but your odds aren't high enough, you can feed it to get better ones, theoretically. Typically, the feature doesn't enable until your odds are relatively high, so for me, the stop and shop feature is a bit of a waste - but I could see how it could vacuum a few more nickels out of people.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from JKnPA:

When does the 'score feature lockout' relay get energized? Is it at the start of the game as I
    show it in Post#1 ? That doesn't seem right to me.

It will be after the timer unit steps beyond the step where you'd expect, so step 4 if before 3rd. Not at game start.

#11 4 years ago

It locks it out right away - the relay is a trip relay, and the NC switch is the signal that the relay has not tripped. Unlike a hold switch on a momentary relay, which continuously provides power until another factor shuts it off.

If the score feature unit is below the fourth step, the feature isn't available, so it locks it out right away.

But as soon as it trips, the path is no longer active.

#13 4 years ago

It depends on the position of that score feature. If above step 4, then it follows the second path, and will trip when the timer hits a particular position.

If below step four, it trips immediately, and the NC switch should open preventing the coil from frying.

Check that switch over carefully.

1 week later
    #17 4 years ago

Before fourth selector lock relay has to trip and that one switch you've circled has to be making.

Everything else is the same for every other step.

#19 4 years ago

Could be! The timer only steps when switch 2A is closed on the lifter. But the relay has to trip first.

#24 4 years ago

Well, first, why isn't the motor making a full rotation of the cams? With the game off, can you manually lift a ball easily by pushing the bar on the right side of the lift? (Don't get your fingers caught).

If not, then the lift needs to be adjusted to allow the ball to drop properly. If it does, then you have a problem with the hold switch for the motor on the motor cam. Not enough current is flowing through.

#26 4 years ago

If it keeps lifting, that is because the playfield is lifted and the lane switch is not being pressed.

#28 4 years ago

I do not own a Beach Time, but by any chance was this game set up to give 5 plays for a quarter?

#31 4 years ago

My brain is slow this Friday. Sorry about that - these are on the replay cam index. I thought stack 16, at a glance at your pic, was for adding credits. My mistake!

So, the adjustment of those switches is pretty critical. Normally you'll get low pays or other problems if it is not right. Make sure they operate just like in the manual.

Scoring operates like this:
    1) Search disc turns, making connections with various search relays if a ball is present at the rivet as the wipers travel on the search disc.
    2) If three or more search relays (for the most part) are engaged at once, the search index coil pulls in.
    3) Switch 17B energizes the replay cams index, and as it rotates, the game will award replays based on the replay counter unit as well as the number of bumps on the cam that awards the replays (13).

Not also that the backside switch (13) has to be adjusted exactly as in the manual.

So, in my experience, if the search disc is not -stopping-, then you have either:
    a) dirt on the search disc
    b) dirt on the slip rings
    c) dirty wipers
    d) a warped search disc
    e) a search index relay switch that is not adjusted properly (it takes a delicate touch to adjust these, as you probably know).
    f) dirty search relay contacts.

Somewhere in there is your problem. Once the search index is pulling, then you might have issues with the amount you earn, but at least the replay cams index should pull and things should happen. If they are inconsistent, you have a 'flaky switch', though in this case, a switch might be caused by any or all of the above.

Hope that helps, but if not, I'm sure someone else will be able to get you to the right switch more quickly!

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from JKnPA:

**** I don't think this relay Ever energizes, thus the Search unit never stops.

Does the search index ever engage? There is a resistor that uncommonly fries or becomes disconnected. It must be in working order to hold the search index.

As to the picture, there should be a piece of fish paper between the two sets of switches. I'm not sure I understand the question. The NC switch should be on a second stack (right beside the first). Check the picture in the manual to see the layout.

#35 4 years ago

OK, in response to your question - no, I have no idea why there are wires on the other switch.

They didn't move that stack over to the wrong side accidentally at some point in the past did they? Check the wire colors to make sure (if you haven't already).

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bingopodcast.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beachtime-score-feature?tu=bingopodcast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.