Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Hazoff
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1635 (resized).png
    leaving-now-grandpa-simpsons.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dooskie.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#6 6 years ago

You do cross a line from time to time. When a fellow Pinsider makes a heart-felt post, asking for some advice and solice about potentially having to say goodbye to his best friend, and you make a post with a picture of a veterinarian performing euthenasia and suggesting that he buy a tortoise if he doesn't want to go through that kind of pain and anguish, well, a 30-day thread ban is probably appropriate, for whatever it was that caught the attention of one of the mods.

I have the utmost respect for your knowledge of pinball machines, especially for EM's, and agree with 99% of your posts and enjoy your perspective on life. But sometimes you can be pretty brutal when it's not necessary.

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Think so huh? Well maybe my experience with pets being put down wasn't what everybody wanted to here, but it was still an open thread on this forum where any body is allowed to post.
    If that was a politically incorrect thing to do then I guess I was in the wrong according to the latest addendum to the pinside rules.

I'm not questioning your right to post, I'm just saying that in my opinion, it was in poor taste, given the circumstances, that's all. For as shitty as people can be on Pinside, there is a time and place for a little bit of compassion.

Hey, NOBODY'S experience with pets being put down is good. When I had to put my dog down, I was bawling my eyes out while I was holding him. I didn't know it at the time, but I had the veterinarian bawling, the two receptionists out in the other room bawling, and 10 people out in the waiting room bawling. It was a top 5 worst experience in my life (the others being when my grandparents died, when my dad died, and when my younger brother had a stroke). So I know the pain of the experience of having a pet put down. All the more reason you shouldn't have made that post.

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

I can't stop.

Well here you go. Laugh some more:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-need-some-advice-about-letting-my-best-buddy-go

And I thought Canadians were supposed to be nice.

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Well, I'm sure hoping they add to the pinside rules what they consider to be politically correct or not because up until that time I thought discussing politics was something entirely different.

Consistency would be helpful.

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from AbeVigoda:

From the FAQ: "The most important rule is to be nice: we expect everyone to behave in a respectful manner."

The most broken rule on Pinside.

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

That's a myth, just like we all watch hockey and say Eh all the time, back bacon etc. Listen the situation is funny, the way you broke that down was comic genius and you didn't even know it, the picture and then "get a tortoise"

Odin stop ur killing me man

I hope you aren't driving tonight. Enjoy whatever you are smoking.

#49 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

WackyBrakke doesn't want to be my friend anymore. Now I'm really sad.
    Thanks a lot Dooskie.

But look at all of the new friends you are making in this thread!

#56 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Truth is I wasn't moderated in that pet thread, but was personally attacked several times.
    And from what I understand is the guy's dog is still alive. So what were we mourning anyway?

perhaps you should revisit that thread.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dooskie.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/be-politically-correct?tu=dooskie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.