Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Hazoff
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1635 (resized).png
    leaving-now-grandpa-simpsons.gif

This topic is closed.

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 6 years ago

It was brought to my attention that I had received a moderation notice and 30 day thread eject for discussing politics or religion which are certainly against pinside rules.

However the post I made had nothing to do with politics or religion so I started a moderator feedback thread to find out what the deal was.

What was explained to me was my post was politically incorrect (whatever that really means), and that falls under the category of bringing up politics.

So stay safe and watch your political correctness while visiting this site!

#2 6 years ago

Lol

You must have said something absolutely horrible because this place is a pretty safe space for political incorrectness as far as I can tell.

#3 6 years ago

You're a pinside bad boy lately....

#4 6 years ago

Probably because you argued against the majority about Bally El Toro's viability as a pingame.

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Lol
    You must have said something absolutely horrible because this place is a pretty safe space for political incorrectness as far as I can tell.

Well, I'm sure hoping they add to the pinside rules what they consider to be politically correct or not because up until that time I thought discussing politics was something entirely different.

#6 6 years ago

You do cross a line from time to time. When a fellow Pinsider makes a heart-felt post, asking for some advice and solice about potentially having to say goodbye to his best friend, and you make a post with a picture of a veterinarian performing euthenasia and suggesting that he buy a tortoise if he doesn't want to go through that kind of pain and anguish, well, a 30-day thread ban is probably appropriate, for whatever it was that caught the attention of one of the mods.

I have the utmost respect for your knowledge of pinball machines, especially for EM's, and agree with 99% of your posts and enjoy your perspective on life. But sometimes you can be pretty brutal when it's not necessary.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

you make a post with a picture of a veterinarian performing euthenasia and suggesting that he buy a tortoise if he doesn't want to go through that kind of pain and anguish, well, a 30-day thread ban is probably appropriate.

Think so huh? Well maybe my experience with pets being put down wasn't what everybody wanted to here, but it was still an open thread on this forum where any body is allowed to post.

If that was a politically incorrect thing to do then I guess I was in the wrong according to the latest addendum to the pinside rules.

#8 6 years ago

I got moderated for stating that I am draining the Trudeau allegation thread, addressed to no one in particular.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

I got moderated for stating that I am draining

I don't think it's a written rule but you are no longer allowed to announce drains or ignores.

I'm sure there's probably ways around it, but really, what would be the point?

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I don't think it's a written rule but you are no longer allowed to announce drains or ignores.
    I'm sure there's probably ways around it, but really, what would be the point?

moderated for pointlessness, that's my point

#11 6 years ago

Number one rule of political correctness I have learned is just because your father said something and his father before that doesn't mean it's OK for you to say today.

#12 6 years ago

People need to grow up and learn how to manage their own emotions, not have everyone else do it for them.

The world isn’t fair, your going to hear things you don’t like, and more people on this planet have no idea who you are, and could care less about you, than those who like and hate you combined.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Number one rule of political correctness I have learned is just because your father said something and his father before that doesn't mean it's OK for you to say today.

Its never to late to learn. The world changes, and so must we.

#14 6 years ago

We have definitely become a more sensitive site in the last few years. I have thick skin, so I didn't mind the old days, but I can understand how very strong personalities can be discouraging for others. It's easy for a practically all male site to get out of hand fast........too much testosterone is never a good thing. They are watching all of us o-din, especially the god of war. Maybe you should change your name to something a little less intimidating.........perhaps, "o-boy" or even "o-man".

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

It was brought to my attention that I had received a moderation notice and 30 day thread eject for discussing politics or religion which are certainly against pinside rules.
    However the post I made had nothing to do with politics or religion so I started a moderator feedback thread to find out what the deal was.
    What was explained to me was my post was politically incorrect (whatever that really means), and that falls under the category of bringing up politics.
    So stay safe and watch your political correctness while visiting this site!

Be prepared to get moderated for questioning the mods, and also for discussing the mod feedback. All moderation here is to be hidden and unquestioned.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from Marvin:

Be prepared to get moderated for questioning the mods, and also for discussing the mod feedback. All moderation here is to be hidden and unquestioned.

It isn't really questioning, it's more of an announcement so others can stay out of trouble.

Also because pinside is yet to announce it but is already enforcing it.

Would have saved a lot of time and energy if this had been written in the rules already.

#17 6 years ago

Yeah,I've been moderated twice already!! This last one was talking about real Americans,and they said it also was incorrect!!This is our Country,not theirs!

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

Yeah,I've been moderated twice already!! This last one was talking about real Americans,and they said it also was incorrect!!This is our Country,not theirs!

This site is not even run by Americans, genius. Take your jingoism elsewhere.

#19 6 years ago

Welcome, pezpunk.

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

When a fellow Pinsider makes a heart-felt post, asking for some advice and solice about potentially having to say goodbye to his best friend, and you make a post with a picture of a veterinarian performing euthenasia and suggesting that he buy a tortoise if he doesn't want to go through that kind of pain and anguish,

This might be the funniest thing I've ever read on this site, I never saw the og post which makes this explanation 10x funnier thank you. "suggesting that he buy a tortoise" that's gold.

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Think so huh? Well maybe my experience with pets being put down wasn't what everybody wanted to here, but it was still an open thread on this forum where any body is allowed to post.
    If that was a politically incorrect thing to do then I guess I was in the wrong according to the latest addendum to the pinside rules.

I'm not questioning your right to post, I'm just saying that in my opinion, it was in poor taste, given the circumstances, that's all. For as shitty as people can be on Pinside, there is a time and place for a little bit of compassion.

Hey, NOBODY'S experience with pets being put down is good. When I had to put my dog down, I was bawling my eyes out while I was holding him. I didn't know it at the time, but I had the veterinarian bawling, the two receptionists out in the other room bawling, and 10 people out in the waiting room bawling. It was a top 5 worst experience in my life (the others being when my grandparents died, when my dad died, and when my younger brother had a stroke). So I know the pain of the experience of having a pet put down. All the more reason you shouldn't have made that post.

#22 6 years ago

I can't stop.

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

I can't stop.

Well here you go. Laugh some more:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-need-some-advice-about-letting-my-best-buddy-go

And I thought Canadians were supposed to be nice.

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

I'm not questioning your right to post, I'm just saying that in my opinion, it was in poor taste, given the circumstances, that's all. For as shitty as people can be on Pinside, there is a time and place for a little bit of compassion.
    Hey, NOBODY'S experience with pets being put down is good. When I had to put my dog down, I was bawling my eyes out while I was holding him. I didn't know it at the time, but I had the veterinarian bawling, the two receptionists out in the other room bawling, and 10 people out in the waiting room bawling. It was a top 5 worst experience in my life (the others being when my grandparents died, when my dad died, and when my younger brother had a stroke). So I know the pain of the experience of having a pet put down. All the more reason you shouldn't have made that post.

Well said, this topic hits a particular nerve as I had to put my Golden Retreiver down 3 weeks ago and in all honesty the post from O-din brought me to tears...
    Very tasteless and I just dont understand how you can do that to someone who has to make that decision...

#25 6 years ago

What is jingoism??Is that a synonym for draft dodger???

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Well, I'm sure hoping they add to the pinside rules what they consider to be politically correct or not because up until that time I thought discussing politics was something entirely different.

Consistency would be helpful.

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

this topic hits a particular nerve as I had to put my Golden Retreiver down 3 weeks ago and in all honesty the post from O-din brought me to tears...

Well at least you got to say goodbye to your pet. They gave mine the needle and sent us a bill before we could even get down there.

So yes , I have actually considered getting a tortoise that would be a long living and loving pet. Wouldn't do much to scare off burglars, but at the same time would be virtually maintenance free.

#28 6 years ago

From the FAQ: "The most important rule is to be nice: we expect everyone to behave in a respectful manner."

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

You do cross a line from time to time. When a fellow Pinsider makes a heart-felt post, asking for some advice and solice about potentially having to say goodbye to his best friend, and you make a post with a picture of a veterinarian performing euthenasia and suggesting that he buy a tortoise if he doesn't want to go through that kind of pain and anguish, well, a 30-day thread ban is probably appropriate, for whatever it was that caught the attention of one of the mods.
    I have the utmost respect for your knowledge of pinball machines, especially for EM's, and agree with 99% of your posts and enjoy your perspective on life. But sometimes you can be pretty brutal when it's not necessary.

wow, just wow, did he really do that???? That is horrible, heartless, disgusting.

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from AbeVigoda:

From the FAQ: "The most important rule is to be nice: we expect everyone to behave in a respectful manner."

The most broken rule on Pinside.

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

That's a myth, just like we all watch hockey and say Eh all the time, back bacon etc. Listen the situation is funny, the way you broke that down was comic genius and you didn't even know it, the picture and then "get a tortoise"

Quoted from o-din:

So yes , I have actually considered getting a tortoise that would be a long living and loving pet. Wouldn't do much to scare off burglars, but at the same time would be virtually maintenance free.

Odin stop ur killing me man

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

Well here you go. Laugh some more:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-need-some-advice-about-letting-my-best-buddy-go

Forget it, I am changing my tune as I just read your post on that thread. Dude you are an a$$ and if we were all in a room with that poor guy while he was telling us about his dog and you said that shit, I would put you down myself!! You deserve a lot more than to be moderated.

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

wow, just wow, did he really do that???? That is horrible, heartless, disgusting.

Oh, I'm sure I've said worse..

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

That's a myth, just like we all watch hockey and say Eh all the time, back bacon etc. Listen the situation is funny, the way you broke that down was comic genius and you didn't even know it, the picture and then "get a tortoise"

Odin stop ur killing me man

I hope you aren't driving tonight. Enjoy whatever you are smoking.

#35 6 years ago

Here we go...........

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Wow

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Well at least you got to say goodbye to your pet. They gave mine the needle and sent us a bill before we could even get down there.

My tortoise died this past April, sooooooo

#38 6 years ago

listen I'm a human being I feel for the guy who lost his little buddy, I actually have turtles, red eared sliders, love them, but funny is funny, I'm not laughing at the guy and his deceased pet but, come on.

#39 6 years ago

Gotta love the ignore button.......

#40 6 years ago

"Oh! A hot topic, what's the ruckus about this time?"

"Ah. Ok."

leaving-now-grandpa-simpsons.gifleaving-now-grandpa-simpsons.gif

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

My tortoise died this past April, sooooooo

Now I'm sad.

#42 6 years ago

Hey, can we discuss something else.... Like bumper caps!!!

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

IMG_1635 (resized).pngIMG_1635 (resized).png

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Gotta love the ignore button.......

Careful, you're verging on breaking another rule...

#45 6 years ago

Beware the PURGE.

#46 6 years ago

I like turtles too.

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

What is jingoism??Is that a synonym for draft dodger???

Isn't that when a guy gets paid to have sex for money?

Quoted from Djshakes:

Hey, can we discuss something else.... Like bumper caps!!!

Let's do dishwashers. I like my Bosch.

#48 6 years ago

WackyBrakke doesn't want to be my friend anymore. Now I'm really sad.

Thanks a lot Dooskie.

#49 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

WackyBrakke doesn't want to be my friend anymore. Now I'm really sad.
    Thanks a lot Dooskie.

But look at all of the new friends you are making in this thread!

#50 6 years ago

I let my daughter watch Ted when she was 4...

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/be-politically-correct?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.