Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 71 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PinRob
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

157D3874-C094-4BBC-B617-7300563353DE (resized).jpeg
    9DCDE14D-32DA-4C97-A308-DBD3F543DABC (resized).jpeg
    93EBD67F-A3BE-4C65-8639-B4EA9F75901B (resized).jpeg
    B0F940A9-C653-489E-9E8D-912E69A55FB4 (resized).png
    There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

A while ago I was contacted by Pinsider Jneiport / Jeff. He wanted to buy a pin I had listed here for sale. Well my dealings with him weren’t good. Ended up costing me money as I could have been working instead of waiting around for him the first scheduled pickup time, and just wasted time on the second scheduled pickup. I will just post what I left for him on his feedback page here.
    .........................................................................................................................................................

“Jeff wanted to buy a pin from me I had listed here on PinSide ASAP. We set up a time for him to pick it up. Time was delayed a bit later then I received a text that he had just blown out 2 tires on the turnpike. OK - now he says he can come the next day and I give him a time that would work for me. Well the time to meet passes and no Jeff. And no communication. Great

Next day message from “Jeff”. Dude I had a car accident and my phone fell off a roof this weekend working.

But low and behold he could be seen logged in to PinSide on and off on the 2nd day he blew off the scheduled pick up time. And while logged in did he respond to my PMs as to why he didn’t show up - Nope”
    .........................................................................................................................................................

Now since then I have received Private Messages from other Pinsiders (plural) who also had similar experiences with him. I’m assuming that they looked at Jneiport’s feedback and read my feedback for him and that’s how/why they contacted me about their dealings with him too. Just today another Pinsider contacted me about him and he brought up the idea starting a thread on Jeff / Jneiport. So if you have any dealings with him let’s hear about it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/jneiport/feedback

#2 4 years ago

Sadly, I had a similar experience. Car accident, lost phone, etc.

#3 4 years ago

Same experience as well, see feedback that I left for Jeff.

#4 4 years ago

I’m getting some popcorn and can’t wait to hear the other side of the story.

B0F940A9-C653-489E-9E8D-912E69A55FB4 (resized).pngB0F940A9-C653-489E-9E8D-912E69A55FB4 (resized).png
    #5 4 years ago

I've been there too with this guy. I ignore him now

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

I’m getting some popcorn and can’t wait to hear the other side of the story.[quoted image]

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/jneiport/forum

He's posted 3 times in a year, so don't hold your breath.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Sadly, I had a similar experience. Car accident, lost phone, etc.

How many cars and phones does this guy have???!! Lol!!

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

How many cars and phones does this guy have???!! Lol!!

At least 3 vehicles from what I'm reading.
    And he must be the worst driver on the planet.

#9 4 years ago

#10 4 years ago

He lets his cat Toonces drive on the road trips!!

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

I’m getting some popcorn and can’t wait to hear the other side of the story.[quoted image]

There is no other side. He contacted me about my Diner, said he would pick up in a couple days. I found it strange when he contacted me about my SOF the next day with the same pitch as before. Like we never talked about him coming and getting Diner. As the Sunday approached he went silent, not responding to messages. But i waited it out just in case he showed (which he didnt as expected). When the hour passed that he was to show i let the next guy in line know and it was sold again. I then blocked him (first and only person) just so i didn't forget and agree to sell him a game again.

#12 4 years ago

Wow! I just don’t get people like this at all. Not 1 but 2 blown tires lol, what are the chances of that happening on a pin pickup?? This reminds me of a few people I’ve dealt with on Craigslist. So lame.

#13 4 years ago

maybe it’s cuz i’m from NYC and have heard every ounce of bullshit there is to hear, but why do you guys let this kinda stuff even happen to you?? the moment someone i’m dealing with flakes or says something that doesn’t add up, regardless what it’s for or about, i immediately dismiss them as done, gone and forgotten. there’s no “holding out, just in case”. that’s for suckers!

#14 4 years ago

Let me add some perspective here as I've done business with Jeff before.

Here's the deal with Jeff - he's not someone that is trying to rip anyone off or take money. In fact he's quite the opposite as I've sold him things in the past that he's paid for and still not picked up! I held a game for him to pick up with a deposit that lasted so long, I ended up keeping the deposit and he apologized later acknowledging it was way too long and he held me from selling.

IMO Jeff is a good guy but being punctual and on time is not one of them. He just doesn't appear to prioritize that. Not saying that's not frustrating but I wouldn't want someone to think he's a con or trying to steal someone's money.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Here's the deal with Jeff - he's not someone that is trying to rip anyone off or take money. In fact he's quite the opposite as I've sold him things in the past that he's paid for and still not picked up! I held a game for him to pick up with a deposit that lasted so long, I ended up keeping the deposit and he apologized later acknowledging it was way too long and he held me from selling.
    IMO Jeff is a good guy but being punctual and on time is not one of them. He just doesn't appear to prioritize that. Not saying that's not frustrating but I wouldn't want someone to think he's a con or trying to steal someone's money.

Telling someone you are going to do something and not doing it is stealing. Stealing peoples time and a possible sale from someone else that you told it was sold to. That makes him a con and a liar.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from hailrazer:

Telling someone you are going to do something and not doing it is stealing. Stealing peoples time and a possible sale from someone else that you told it was sold to. That makes him a con and a liar.

First thing you do for a sale is get a deposit. Not sure why that wasn't done but I'm not sure he's doing it maliciously. Some people are just not punctual. I hear you though it's frustrating but I wouldn't categorize that as stealing money. If the guy doesn't come and delays you for whatever reason....you keep the deposit and move on.

I've sold him two games - picked up and paid each time. The third was significantly delayed and I kept the deposit for time spent. Just an FYI

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

First thing you do for a sale is get a deposit. Not sure why that wasn't done but I'm not sure he's doing it maliciously. Some people are just not punctual. I hear you though it's frustrating but I wouldn't categorize that as stealing money. The guy doesn't come in strings you along for whatever reason....you keep the deposit and move on.

Sorry but I don't give liars a pass. He's apparently a habitual liar. It costs people time and time=money.

Don't defend him. He should be held responsible for his actions which are bad.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from hailrazer:

absolutely none of what you just said is true. he’s guilty of empty promises and wasting peoples time. and if you as the seller fall for it, you’re guilty of wasting your own time, too.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

absolutely none of what you just said is true. he’s guilty of empty promises and wasting peoples time. and if you as the seller, fall for it, you’re guilty of wasting your own time, too.

Horse crap. Don't defend bad people.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from hailrazer:

Horse crap. Don't defend bad people.

i’m not. i’m blaming you.

#21 4 years ago

Sigh....

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

i’m not. i’m blaming you.

For what? He was agreeing with you, and you quoted the wrong post.

#23 4 years ago

In my case the silence happened the day before pickup the next morning. So it was hardly letting anything happen to me. The next guy new he was next in line and when the pickup was to happen and if it didnt i’d let him know. My game was unsold for about 5 mins so i lost nothing. I’ve sold a lot of games on Pinside and i’m not going to change how i sell because of one guy.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/jneiport/forum
    He's posted 3 times in a year, so don't hold your breath.

3 posts
    Hidden collection
    2 negative feedbacks
    Posts high scores with 5 balls/game (Ghostbusters)
    No story written
    Hasn’t donated to Pinside in over a year
    However, according to his profile pics it looks like he has a nice collection

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

For what? He was agreeing with you, and you quoted the wrong post.

i quoted the right post. the one which labeled the flaky buyer a criminal, rather than just smartening up and not letting themselves fall for bullshit anymore. life is full of decisions.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Here’s the deal with Jeff - I would recommend for anyone to steer clear of him. Unless you like to be lied to. Unless you like to lose time (work) which would/could have resulted in more $ in your pocket. Unless you live in Pittsburgh as I believe he has better luck buying pins / selling pins that are closer to him, though that’s no guarantee.

And IMO Jeff isn’t a good guy, he purposely makes up lies and then purposely goes silent to avoid you. It’s not really just about being punctual here. My mistake was never asking for a deposit at first.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

i quoted the right post. the one which labeled the flaky buyer a criminal, rather than just smartening up and not letting themselves fall for bullshit anymore. life is full of decisions.

My mistake. You’re here to blame the people whose time was wasted by a time waster. Carry on.

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

My mistake. You’re here to blame the people whose time was wasted by a time waster. Carry on.

nah, just the people who whine about it on the internet, rather than learn how to avoid it.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

nah, just the people who whine about it on the internet, rather than learn how to avoid it.

Man take it somewhere else. This isn’t about you. It’s a cautionary thread on PinSider Jneiport.

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

Man take it somewhere else. This isn’t about you. It’s a cautionary thread on a guy who is pissing off many people here on PinSide.

if only you could see that what i’m saying is about every person who is, has and will piss off people on Pinside, and everywhere else in the business dealing world, only then could you never have to post this again. but back to our regularly scheduled program... “avoid this flake named XYZ”!

#31 4 years ago

And I had to slap the ignore button, what a jerk...bye forever

#32 4 years ago

Wow that’s rough! To be fair though, I have had some of the worst luck ever in pin pickup days! I’ve had dead batteries and flat tires on not one but TWO occasions. This was because my buddy had the truck and he was always telling me “yeah it’s good to go” and then I find out the truck hasn’t been started since the last time I picked up a game

Now I’ve got my own pinhauler and things have turned around!

Sorry to hear about a flake and hopefully the guy gets his shit together!

#33 4 years ago

Ive had dealings with jeff and mey him a few times. He by no means is punctual but always came through in the long run. Sucks he pulled you around but by no means would i label him a con man, maybe just unreliable. My dealings been positive

#34 4 years ago

My limited experience with Jeff has been that he is a really nice person. I would definitely deal with again. Stuff happens and delt is right..... Get a deposit. I doubt it is malicious.

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

A good guy does not do this, sorry. It’s not in the same category as a thief and it’s not a ripoff issue, but it’s not costless and the behavior has a clear disturbing pattern.

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

A good guy does not do this, sorry. It’s not in the same category as a thief and it’s not a ripoff issue, but it’s not costless and the behavior has a clear disturbing pattern.

agreed!

100% unacceptable to waste time like this, no matter if you eventually come through. Esp since this is repeated behavior.

To defend him is sad.

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

agreed!
    100% unacceptable to waste time like this, no matter if you eventually come through. Esp since this is repeated behavior.
    To defend him is sad.

The only reason someone could defend actions like these, is that they’re the type of person to do this too and think nothing about it.

To me it’s inconsiderate at least or arrogance at worst. Either way it boils down to you thinking your time is more important that the other persons and that it’s ok to waste theirs.

93EBD67F-A3BE-4C65-8639-B4EA9F75901B (resized).jpeg93EBD67F-A3BE-4C65-8639-B4EA9F75901B (resized).jpeg
    #38 4 years ago

I believe the people defending him didn’t get stood up and lied too. Hence why they are defending him albeit his “punctuality” problem.

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

I believe the people defending him didn’t get stood up and lied too. Hence why they are defending him albeit his “punctuality” problem.

agreed

I can forgive punctuality so long is it is not a regular thing and comes with good and honest communication.

Blowing someone off and wasting their time multiple times aint going to fly and good on you fro bringing this to the community attention.

#40 4 years ago

It's rude behavior... period. Action like his ruin a person's creditability and that is what is being called into question here. Nothing more nothing less...
    Pinside is a tight community therefore the call out is necessary in my book.

#41 4 years ago

Time Burglar. That’s what I call looky-loos, chatty Kathys, tire kickers and no-shows.

They get one chance, then blocked forever.

#42 4 years ago

First time he wanted to buy a game we set up a time for him to pick it up and we both agreed on the price and time.

So a couple days before the date, I PMd him to double check everything was in order, waited a day for a response and nothing. Waited 1 more day and PMd him, nothing. Didn't show the next day (Sat.) and never responded to my PMs. Nothing. Didn't even get back on Pinside for weeks, figured the guy died. Oh well.

Then fast forward 4 months to a couple weeks back and he PMs me and wants to buy a different machine. THAT'S the next time I hear back. I don't think so. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, not going to happen bud.

Seems like a great guy to waste some time with if you are looking for something to do though!

No one is saying he's a crook or anything like that. It's not the reason the thread was created. Just has other problems. Sellers should know about the risks in dealing with the guy.

#43 4 years ago

Total guess here, but I think his game is this: Commit to buying a game with the intention of flipping it on the way home for quick cash. When he doesn't get a buyer to flip to, he disappears into the either.

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

Total guess here, but I think his game is this: Commit to buying a game with the intention of flipping it on the way home for quick cash. When he doesn't get a buyer to flip to, he disappears into the either.

I think you are onto something here. I've been thinking to myself, what on earth would be this guy's motivation for such odd behavior.
    Your hypothesis would COMPLETELY explain it!

#45 4 years ago

While this kind of behavior is not illegal, it is certainly ridiculously rude and worthy of a post to warn others about. Good job OP.

#46 4 years ago

I just wonder how many false "sale pendings" this guy has generated, screwing others out of games that they are ready to buy with cash in hand. He seems fairly persistent.

#47 4 years ago

Are you sure this is not a burner account used to manipulate people selling games in some way? Why else would anyone defend this ass-hat?

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from swillie:

And I had to slap the ignore button, what a jerk...bye forever

I don't use that button often, but it sure makes the pinside experience more enjoyable when I do.

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

The only reason someone could defend actions like these, is that they’re the type of person to do this too and think nothing about it.
    To me it’s inconsiderate at least or arrogance at worst. Either way it boils down to you thinking your time is more important that the other persons and that it’s ok to waste theirs.
    “[quoted image]

So that's not accurate as I'm the complete opposite. On time, responsible and incredibly punctual. Pages of feedback to prove it with folks in this thread I've dealt with as well.

My only point is I don't believe he's trying to steal anyone's money or con someone. I get the frustration around wasted time and I can understand why others wanted to point that out. I totally get that but to protect yourself, get a deposit. Otherwise wake up. That should be the key message b/c I'm sure there are others like that too.

#50 4 years ago

Sounds like the perfect buyer to me. Set something up, take a deposit, get the deposit everytime. Like free monies.

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/be-cautious-of-dealings-with-jneiport and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.