Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by patrickvc
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

So I just wanted to post this to warn others of my experience I just had shipping a pin.

I shipped my dad a Joker Poker for his 70th birthday present via Michele Bianchi. I didn't ship it LTL because I wanted it carried into his garage mancave for him.

Well he made the arrangements and she quoted him $360. He just got a call from her that a truck can't fit down his road so now it's going to be $660 instead which is ludicrous.

Now my dad has to either pay an extra $300 since they have the game or make arrangements to go pick up the game at the dock himself.

I guess I could understand an extra $50 or so but missing the mark by $300 is just nuts. I would've shipped it LTL had I known this was going to happen.

#2 6 years ago

It's not ludicrous. The tractor-trailer can't make it into dad's neighborhood? The game has to get there somehow and that means more expense on their end and on pop's. I'm dealing with this on a game I'm shipping to the mountains in NC right now.

But, It sounds to me like they DID screw up when you set up shipping. They should have asked if it was truck accessible, they usually do.

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

But, It sounds to me like they DID screw up when you set up shipping. They should have asked if it was truck accessible, they usually do.

This is the part I'm pissed about. I agree it should cost more if they need to make special arrangements. It's my understanding they didn't ask him that. Although how would my dad know?

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They should have asked if it was truck accessible, they usually do.

+1

#5 6 years ago

I've had at least 10 games shipped and never was asked about accessibility, also from California to New York the most I've ever paid was $350,
    So I agree 660 is a screwing!

#6 6 years ago

When I had a game shipped via Michelle, she did ask about whether a tractor trailer could pull up on my street. Was one of the first questions she asked. They parked in front of my driveway and carried it up the driveway and into my garage for my wife.

#7 6 years ago

Just another example on how great LTL really is.
    Hope things work out for you and your dad and tell him Happy Birthday from all of us.

John

#8 6 years ago

So just spoke with my dad it sounds like they're going to deliver it at a storage place down the road and he's going to pick it up. It turns out he was asked if a tractor trailer could go down his Road and he said yes. Apparently a 660 was an addition to the original 360. It all sounds like it's been handled now. I just want to make sure for people who are trying to ship games for the first time that they make sure that all the details are covered so they don't run into the same type of situation.

#9 6 years ago

I had a semi show up just once. They wanted to set it down on the side of the road. Explained that I was going to tip each $20 and problem was resolved. Always tip that amount anyways. All other machines arrived in a box truck. Still have not had a problem with Michelle or STI and highly recommend their services.

#10 6 years ago

That really sucks, Matt - I am glad you guys figured it out! Great gift by the way...

#11 6 years ago

We have platinum movers in MN for North American . Same guys picking up and dropping games off for 18 plus years.

#12 6 years ago

So the saga has ended. My dad was at the gym this morning and my mother was home alone and the door bell rings. A guy in a Penske truck is there. The dude proceeds to tell my mom the shipping company is just trying to screw them and he had no issue getting down the road. Backs the truck up to their driveway and wheels the game in by himself. My mother pays them the original $360. So in the end things turned out fine. I'm still wondering where the extra $660 was coming from. I guess the driver was trying to call my dad but he was at the gym and he decided just to take a chance and deliver it.

#13 6 years ago

Make sure you let Michelle know so she can warn others and avoid the scammer company for future deliveries.

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

So the saga has ended. My dad was at the gym this morning and my mother was home alone and the door bell rings. A guy in a Penske truck is there. The dude proceeds to tell my mom the shipping company is just trying to screw them and he had no issue getting down the road. Backs the truck up to their driveway and wheels the game in by himself. My mother pays them the original $360. So in the end things turned out fine. I'm still wondering where the extra $660 was coming from. I guess the driver was trying to call my dad but he was at the gym and he decided just to take a chance and deliver it.

What! That is bullshit. Glad it got figured out and delivered

#15 6 years ago

So let me ask this question in the thread...if STI doesn't make a shipping date deadline/drop off do they compensate you anything? I know that's a funny ass question with probably what's going to be an obvious answer, but I'm just asking cause I've had a machine just bouncing around Oklahoma for the last 2 days and missed the shipping window bigtime.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from dgoodspeed:

So let me ask this question in the thread...if STI doesn't make a shipping date deadline/drop off do they compensate you anything? I know that's a funny ass question with probably what's going to be an obvious answer, but I'm just asking cause I've had a machine just bouncing around Oklahoma for the last 2 days and missed the shipping window bigtime.

If I've learned anything about Oklahoma in 30 years, we're great at messing things up.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from Potatoloco:

If I've learned anything about Oklahoma in 30 years, we're great at messing things up.

No shit!

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from Potatoloco:

Oklahoma? Isn't Oklahoma that wide black line stuck between Kansas and Texas on a road map

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Oklahoma? Isn't Oklahoma that wide black line stuck between Kansas and Texas on a road map

Sometimes I wonder who and what we are...

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from dgoodspeed:

I can say for a fact NO, they are not going to give you a "discount" of any kind. I had a game shipped to me from the west coast, they brought the wrong game to my door....come to find out my game was still two hours away and it would be a week before they could "possibly" get it here. I drove the two hours each way and picked it up myself and was promised a refund.....blah, blah, blah and never received a thing including an apology. Never again!!

John

#21 5 years ago

Well my new Radical I’m waiting for has now missed the pickup window by a week. The area it’s getting picked up from is remote. I guess it’s just how it goes

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/be-careful-when-shipping?hl=potatoloco and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.