View topic image gallery

gtb-d11966c (resized).jpg
1619187251873 (resized).jpg
1619187251869 (resized).jpg
20210303_175752 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1619149401474 (resized).jpg
1619149401481 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from sheahan2:

I just looked up cost for shipping something like that to AB and yikes! Maybe a gofundme for a replacement would be best? Never used that site on the fundraising side, only as a contributor.

I'm am getting ready to send a play field up to Ontario. USPS wants something like $85.00. UPS quoted $55.00. FedEX quoted $45.00. Even FedEx is not cheap but looks stellar when compared to the other two.

I don't get it.

US to/from Canada. ..............sky high ship prices.

US to/from Australia..............sky high prices.

US from China.......................dirt cheap prices.

#41 3 years ago

Semi-related to the topic.

I was trying to remove a star from an insert and broke one of the locking legs. I was able to repair it (luckily). Those stars are a dollar each. Now I just look at them as consumable tools and cut the bottom of the star off. It is too risky to try and push them out.

#53 3 years ago

One standard size pinball play field in a tight fitting box designed for shipping play fields. I'm not paying to ship air.

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Then comes the hidden extra charges when they deliver

What are you saying? That when my package arrives in Canada that the Canadian Post is going to knock on the recipient's door and demand more money to make the delivery?

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

It may not, in this case. Custom duty fee's include nation of origin, so in this case you are shipping a Canadian made product into Canada, there may not be any duties incurred.
I'd also include a zero dollar invoice, that is very very clearly marked with something along the lines of "Warranty Repair Return" or something of that description.

It is a blown out Quicksilver play field. Used merchandise. With a declared value around $100.00.

#81 2 years ago
Quoted from liveround69:

The plastic rollover switch had the flanges broken on the backside which accept the rollover star switch and keep it locked into place. I didnt notice it right away till I started putting down the GI. Then I looked around I couldnt find the broken pieces and that is when discovered them in the shipping container.

Was the star rollover insert damaged during shipping? It sounds like something happened during shipping.

#93 2 years ago
Quoted from liveround69:

Well sir if you company had responded in a timely manner..I mightve got the pics showing that there was damage.

Did you get some pics showing the to the RO insert before you attempted to remove the insert?

#103 2 years ago
Quoted from liveround69:

Here is an image of the cracked insert & its missing teeth. The emails that Vid asked about are pretty much basic as they only sent a couple and those asked for pics. When I sent them ...they got silent. Then I had to reach out like I did and talk to anyone I could...paypal,..chase bank, pinside etc.
1 pic is of the rollover and the other is a piece I found in the bottom of the shipping container. Its one of the teeth from the flange on the bottom of the rollover switch.
By the way Thanks to all who have helped me especially "Rvdv". God Bless you all and this community.! You're the best.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Did CPR ship a star for the rollover with the play field?

#111 2 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Think of games like Supersonic or Strikes and Spares, their might be almost a dozen rollovers on every playfield.
Sometimes I forget to save old ones, then when I have to do some mega-star-rollover playfield, I have to sacrifice brand new ones, lol
The new rollovers from PBR have a disposable insert that you pop out after you spray - genius
(look close at the upper clear unit)[quoted image]

When I cleared my Big Game, I thought about using the protective inserts as masking tools. But then I changed my mind thinking that the clear could bridge the gap between the close fitting protective insert and the actual insert and then I would have to cut them out. So I modded some old stars so they could install backwards. And that worked great.

My Seawitch from Greatwich arrived with the star installed. It was used for masking purposes. I could see clear along the edges of the insert "blades" and the action was very good. Although, after having looked at how my play fields shipped in, I would strongly advise against shipping a play field with the inserts installed. Why? Because if you press the insert into the "active" position the cone and insert shaft on the bottom of the star extends beyond the lower surface of the play field. IMO, a good bump in shipping could cause the cone and shaft to give a good whack to the insert and break one of the locking tangs.

I removed several stars from the inserts without issue. And then....my luck ran out and I broke a locking tang. Luckily I was able to repair the broken tang but it was not easy.

Now, I consider the stars as consumable tools for masking. And I don't care whatever reason is that I need to remove a star. The bottom gets cut off. Without question. At a dollar each, I have about 20 of them living in my parts tray.

Some one mentioned using 4 straws to help with removal. I may try that. It sounds logical.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 169.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 179.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Florissant, MO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/be-careful-if-you-choose-cpr-playfields-i-got-taken?tu=cottonm4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.