View topic image gallery

gtb-d11966c (resized).jpg
1619187251873 (resized).jpg
1619187251869 (resized).jpg
20210303_175752 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1619149401474 (resized).jpg
1619149401481 (resized).jpg
There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 2 years ago

UPDATE: (a fellow pinside member helped me out and I want to thank all those that offered true help. I also wanted to let those people know that CPR will soon have the first playfield back in their possession. I will also be posting a follow up with pics when it's complete.).

Im currently performing the playfield swap on a #silverball mania. I was unfortunate to receive a playfield with the rollover switches missing pieces of the flanges that hold the little white rollover star in place. I checked the shipping box and found the pieces in the bottom of the box denoting damage either in transport or before it shipped. I reached out and tried to check with CPR but they did not respond so I assumed after a while that they werent going to answer. I pressed on to move forward with the swap. When I tried to remove the star by tracing around it insure clean release I noticed some small fractures but did not take pics as I didnt think that they would listen to me as they failed to respond to my inquiry by this point.

Then it happened,...the playfield mushroomed on the clearcoat and didnt do the clean release as planned. In fact its best described as a disaster. Oh how I sat there angry I had not heard back anything from them and that in fact if they checked it before shipping wouldve been greatly appreciated as its an investment of over $850 & shipping is not as easy for some as it is others.

Then they responded...lol...too late..Then I told them what happened and then asked for pics. Well sir if you company had responded in a timely manner..I mightve got the pics showing that there was damage. But after I told them that the cascade of miscommunications and what seems to be combined with what can be described at best as a crap shoot for customer service and no quality check ,..i ended up getting stuck with a POS predamaged playfield from CPR and no response from customer service after being completely honest with them.

As a disabled vet who has no recourse for any help from them other than contact the bank and fight them over it, I am warning all those future people to check incoming playfields and dont let them just go silent after they send you something with cracked inserts that will cause issues to replace them.

LR69

#3 2 years ago

Are you able to post pics of what you’re dealing with now? Usually with clear coat, sanding, dripping, and respraying can fix a lot of problems.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Are you able to post pics of what you’re dealing with now? Usually with clear coat, sanding, dripping, and respraying can fix a lot of problems.

Yeah here you go but im not sure how much good it will do..

1619149401474 (resized).jpg1619149401474 (resized).jpg1619149401481 (resized).jpg1619149401481 (resized).jpg
#5 2 years ago

Ouch.
Where are you? Maybe someone can help ?

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Ouch.
Where are you? Maybe someone can help ?

Mt washington Ky...

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from liveround69:

Im currently performing the playfield swap on a #silverball mania. I was unfortunate to receive a playfield with the rollover switches missing pieces of the flanges that hold the little white rollover star in place. I checked the shipping box and found the pieces in the bottom of the box denoting damage either in transport or before it shipped. I reached out and tried to check with CPR but they did not respond so I assumed after a while that they werent going to answer. I pressed on to move forward with the swap. When I tried to remove the star by tracing around it insure clean release I noticed some small fractures but did not take pics as I didnt think that they would listen to me as they failed to respond to my inquiry by this point.
Then it happened,...the playfield mushroomed on the clearcoat and didnt do the clean release as planned. In fact its best described as a disaster. Oh how I sat there angry I had not heard back anything from them and that in fact if they checked it before shipping wouldve been greatly appreciated as its an investment of over $850 & shipping is not as easy for some as it is others.
Then they responded...lol...too late..Then I told them what happened and then asked for pics. Well sir if you company had responded in a timely manner..I mightve got the pics showing that there was damage. But after I told them that the cascade of miscommunications and what seems to be combined with what can be described at best as a crap shoot for customer service and no quality check ,..i ended up getting stuck with a POS predamaged playfield from CPR and no response from customer service after being completely honest with them.
As a disabled vet who has no recourse for any help from them other than contact the bank and fight them over it, I am warning all those future people to check incoming playfields and dont let them just go silent after they send you something with cracked inserts that will cause issues to replace them.
LR69

It’s a general problem with all CPR clearcoated playfields with Star Rollovers.

It’s best also to unpack these playfields upon arrival and let them sit for at least 3-5 months
To have clearcoat harden out.

As you are a disabled vet I like to offer to buy you a new playfield so perhaps you have better luck.

Just Pm me your Info and will order you one

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

It’s best also to unpack these playfields upon arrival and let them sit for at least 3-5 months
As you are a disabled vet I like to offer to buy you a new playfield so perhaps you have better luck.

You are the Man! We need more acts like this in this world. If either of you are ever in Denver, let me know and I will buy you guys dinner and beer. I would like to help also. PM me with your info and I will contribute.

#9 2 years ago

So the plastic of the insert itself was all busted up like that in the pic before you attempted to remove it?

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Class act sir!

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Absolutely fantastic rvdv! If you're taking a collection to help ease the hit please include me.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from frenchmarky:

So the plastic of the insert itself was all busted up like that in the pic before you attempted to remove it?

Quoted from liveround69:

...I was unfortunate to receive a playfield with the rollover switches missing pieces of the flanges that hold the little white rollover star in place. I checked the shipping box and found the pieces in the bottom of the box denoting damage either in transport or before it shipped...LR69

Sounds like it was busted right out of the box. I think I would have stopped right there until CPR resolved the issue.

OP - Is this the damaged area? You were trying to remove the insert to replace it, is that correct? Or just clean it up so it wouldn't bind when you eventually inserted the plastic star piece?
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from liveround69:

LR69

Good customer service goes a LONG way in any business. Often ignored by companies that feel they have little or no competition.

I really hope they wake up to themselves and look after you. Even if it’s a “benefit of the doubt” call (not saying it is), it’ll be a minimal cost to their business, and always pays dividends in the long run.

That pic of the chipped pf almost makes me dry reach.

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Absolutely fantastic rvdv! If you're taking a collection to help ease the hit please include me.

I’m in as well. PM me

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Count me in too...thank you for your service! But maybe we can find a better source for the new playfield.

I don't understand how they don't stand behind their playfield? That pic is obviously damage not caused by the buyer.

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Bravo man! This is amazing.

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

count me in as well.

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

I will chip in as well!

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

count me in as well.

I've been on the wrong end of CPR's customer service so I know what the op is going through. It ain't pretty.

I'd also be more than happy to help with the cost.

#20 2 years ago

My friend received a new playfield with a pube sealed under the clearcoat luckily on a spot that will be covered.

#21 2 years ago

In many countries that’s seen as good luck.

#22 2 years ago

Thank you for your service sir!
I will donate to the replacement field as well.

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

My friend received a new playfield with a pube sealed under the clearcoat luckily on a spot that will be covered.

20210303_175752 (resized).jpg20210303_175752 (resized).jpg
#24 2 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

... but he'll still know it's there. Eeeeewwww!

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Would have been comical if it had been a Playboy playfield

#26 2 years ago

Hmm makes me wonder what ingredients go into this clear coat lol

#27 2 years ago

yup, star rollover inserts have to be cut out and you have to cut the clear around them, or they will bring the wood, clear and ink with it. They are pressure fit into playfields. Even old ones like capt fantastic have to be cut out with a dremel.

Where are you located? if you are near SE WI. Bring it over. I might be able to fix that for you. Touch it up, clearcoat a new one in and help fix the other side.

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yup, star rollover inserts have to be cut out and you have to cut the clear around them, or they will bring the wood, clear and ink with it. They are pressure fit into playfields. Even old ones like capt fantastic have to be cut out with a dremel.

You beat me to it. I’m working on my captain right now. Got all my inserts dremeled out. Test them out....nope gotta keep on dremeling.

By the way when you do this process it’s best to cut the tip off a used one that way it can fall through the bottom and you don’t have to use any force on the original inserts.

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Hmm makes me wonder what ingredients go into this clear coat lol

Well you know, this could be the solution to the clear issues. You know, like how they put rebar or fiber in concrete to strengthen it or horse hair in plaster?

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

If this was on a 1978 Bally Playboy, I would think it would be totally acceptable.
However on a 2002 Stern Steen Playboy its not period correct.

#31 2 years ago

I am also willing to contribute to the fund.

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Your awesome rvdv! I will also pitch in on it.. PM me with details.

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

May I offer a hand? Instead of buying another one from them that can be costly, I can offer fix it for no cost. Just find the means to ship it to me.

#34 2 years ago

This community is awesome!

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

If this was on a 1978 Bally Playboy, I would think it would be totally acceptable.
However on a 2002 Stern Steen Playboy its not period correct.

#36 2 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

May I offer a hand? Instead of buying another one from them that can be costly, I can offer fix it for no cost. Just find the means to ship it to me.

Having seen Wolf's thread on his Lectronamo restoration, you'd be in good hands.

#37 2 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

I just looked up cost for shipping something like that to AB and yikes! Maybe a gofundme for a replacement would be best? Never used that site on the fundraising side, only as a contributor.

#38 2 years ago

Morning all

So many good people around ,
fantastic response & lots of love here.

I’m waiting for PM from liveround69
To get it sorted

CPR has these in stock so easy to get him
Another one so he can continue.
Just hope clear is already hardened out.

Cheers all responders !

#39 2 years ago
Quoted from liveround69:

Yeah here you go but im not sure how much good it will do..[quoted image][quoted image]

Man I felt bad for you and saw the thread had so many responses, I was afraid to open it figuring it would’ve been a bunch of people picking on you.

So glad to see this kind of thread with so many people offering help and discussing the situation in this manner instead of it being turned into a negative thing.

Quoted from cosmokramer:

This community is awesome!

Hell yeah!

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from sheahan2:

I just looked up cost for shipping something like that to AB and yikes! Maybe a gofundme for a replacement would be best? Never used that site on the fundraising side, only as a contributor.

I'm am getting ready to send a play field up to Ontario. USPS wants something like $85.00. UPS quoted $55.00. FedEX quoted $45.00. Even FedEx is not cheap but looks stellar when compared to the other two.

I don't get it.

US to/from Canada. ..............sky high ship prices.

US to/from Australia..............sky high prices.

US from China.......................dirt cheap prices.

#41 2 years ago

Semi-related to the topic.

I was trying to remove a star from an insert and broke one of the locking legs. I was able to repair it (luckily). Those stars are a dollar each. Now I just look at them as consumable tools and cut the bottom of the star off. It is too risky to try and push them out.

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Semi-related to the topic.
I was trying to remove a star from an insert and broke one of the locking legs. I was able to repair it (luckily). Those stars are a dollar each. Now I just look at them as consumable tools and cut the bottom of the star off. It is too risky to try and push them out.

This is truth!

I would rather waste a hundred star inserts than try to cheap out once trying to force it back out.

#43 2 years ago

Why hasn't anyone tagged CPR?
This kind of non response isn't good for the community?

#44 2 years ago

This whole thing sucks, but we don’t know anything about this situation. The pinball community is awesome, but to throw money at a guy with limited information here seems odd.

Fingers crossed the OP and CPR can engage in a productive dialogue, and hopefully there’s an amicable solution.

#45 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I'm am getting ready to send a play field up to Ontario. USPS wants something like $85.00. UPS quoted $55.00. FedEX quoted $45.00. Even FedEx is not cheap but looks stellar when compared to the other two.

Then comes the hidden extra charges when they deliver

#46 2 years ago

I just finished my Paragon. So much clear in the star rollovers, what a pain in the FUGGIN arse, pop bumper holes were too small too.

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Then comes the hidden extra charges when they deliver

This is so true. UPS is worst on the recipient in Canada for their surcharges. I’ve found USPS has been best as no surprises.

#48 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Why hasn't anyone tagged CPR?
This kind of non response isn't good for the community?

probably the old 'we were on vacation' response again..

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I don't get it.
US to/from Canada. ..............sky high ship prices.
US to/from Australia..............sky high prices.
US from China.......................dirt cheap prices.

Volume?

#50 2 years ago

We can hammer CPR all day long but at least they're making replacement playfields. I appreciate the ops concerns and I'd kick it for a replacement but the fact is that things happen and we have to react according. Please don't kill the golden goose. And BTW I've purchased/ used 2 CPR repro playfields.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 179.00
3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 10.00
1,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Butler, PA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Florissant, MO
$ 169.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/be-careful-if-you-choose-cpr-playfields-i-got-taken?hl=jake35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.