View topic image gallery

gtb-d11966c (resized).jpg
1619187251873 (resized).jpg
1619187251869 (resized).jpg
20210303_175752 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1619149401474 (resized).jpg
1619149401481 (resized).jpg
There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 2 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Hoping it works out and thanks to everyone that has chipped in to help.

I see what you did there!

#102 2 years ago

Here is an image of the cracked insert & its missing teeth. The emails that Vid asked about are pretty much basic as they only sent a couple and those asked for pics. When I sent them ...they got silent. Then I had to reach out like I did and talk to anyone I could...paypal,..chase bank, pinside etc.

1 pic is of the rollover and the other is a piece I found in the bottom of the shipping container. Its one of the teeth from the flange on the bottom of the rollover switch.

By the way Thanks to all who have helped me especially "Rvdv". God Bless you all and this community.! You're the best.

1619187251869 (resized).jpg1619187251869 (resized).jpg1619187251873 (resized).jpg1619187251873 (resized).jpg
#103 2 years ago
Quoted from liveround69:

Here is an image of the cracked insert & its missing teeth. The emails that Vid asked about are pretty much basic as they only sent a couple and those asked for pics. When I sent them ...they got silent. Then I had to reach out like I did and talk to anyone I could...paypal,..chase bank, pinside etc.
1 pic is of the rollover and the other is a piece I found in the bottom of the shipping container. Its one of the teeth from the flange on the bottom of the rollover switch.
By the way Thanks to all who have helped me especially "Rvdv". God Bless you all and this community.! You're the best.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Did CPR ship a star for the rollover with the play field?

#104 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Did CPR ship a star for the rollover with the play field?

They dont.

#105 2 years ago

Is it possible for CPR to mask these rollovers before clear coating ? Is that too labor intensive ?

#106 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Postal:

Is it possible for CPR to mask these rollovers before clear coating ? Is that too labor intensive ?

Think of games like Supersonic or Strikes and Spares, their might be almost a dozen rollovers on every playfield.

Sometimes I forget to save old ones, then when I have to do some mega-star-rollover playfield, I have to sacrifice brand new ones, lol

The new rollovers from PBR have a disposable insert that you pop out after you spray - genius
(look close at the upper clear unit)

gtb-d11966c (resized).jpggtb-d11966c (resized).jpg
#107 2 years ago

Think how many FG has on the tiny upper PF

#108 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Postal:

In all fairness to CPR, the last playfield I purchased from them all the stars fit so they be doing them differently now.

#109 2 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

It’s a general problem with all CPR clearcoated playfields with Star Rollovers.
It’s best also to unpack these playfields upon arrival and let them sit for at least 3-5 months
To have clearcoat harden out.
As you are a disabled vet I like to offer to buy you a new playfield so perhaps you have better luck.
Just Pm me your Info and will order you one

I will also contribute is there a go fund me or something going around

#110 2 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

I will also contribute is there a go fund me or something going around

I would really like the funds to go directly to RVDV. No Offense to the OP, but RVDV is the one who forked out the bread.

#111 2 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Think of games like Supersonic or Strikes and Spares, their might be almost a dozen rollovers on every playfield.
Sometimes I forget to save old ones, then when I have to do some mega-star-rollover playfield, I have to sacrifice brand new ones, lol
The new rollovers from PBR have a disposable insert that you pop out after you spray - genius
(look close at the upper clear unit)[quoted image]

When I cleared my Big Game, I thought about using the protective inserts as masking tools. But then I changed my mind thinking that the clear could bridge the gap between the close fitting protective insert and the actual insert and then I would have to cut them out. So I modded some old stars so they could install backwards. And that worked great.

My Seawitch from Greatwich arrived with the star installed. It was used for masking purposes. I could see clear along the edges of the insert "blades" and the action was very good. Although, after having looked at how my play fields shipped in, I would strongly advise against shipping a play field with the inserts installed. Why? Because if you press the insert into the "active" position the cone and insert shaft on the bottom of the star extends beyond the lower surface of the play field. IMO, a good bump in shipping could cause the cone and shaft to give a good whack to the insert and break one of the locking tangs.

I removed several stars from the inserts without issue. And then....my luck ran out and I broke a locking tang. Luckily I was able to repair the broken tang but it was not easy.

Now, I consider the stars as consumable tools for masking. And I don't care whatever reason is that I need to remove a star. The bottom gets cut off. Without question. At a dollar each, I have about 20 of them living in my parts tray.

Some one mentioned using 4 straws to help with removal. I may try that. It sounds logical.

#112 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

In all fairness to CPR, the last playfield I purchased from them all the stars fit so they be doing them differently now.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Think how many FG has on the tiny upper PF

Well it has 7 becasue I just got it in the mail, and 6 are fine. The one that needs some trimming is easily seen by eye.

#113 2 years ago

todays update;

New Silverball mania playfield was send out from CPR to liveround69 today and will be delivered to him this Friday according to tracking.

CPR did a great job getting this out as fast as possible, the damaged playfield was already being send back to CPR
and they may work on repairing this over the next few months or more, lots of work will have to go into this to get the damage done repaired.

I'm look forward to see some restoration updates in a NEW thread from liveround69 in the future.

#114 2 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

todays update;
New Silverball mania playfield was send out from CPR to liveround69 today and will be delivered to him this Friday according to tracking.
CPR did a great job getting this out as fast as possible, the damaged playfield was already being send back to CPR
and they may work on repairing this over the next few months or more, lots of work will have to go into this to get the damage done repaired.
I'm look forward to see some restoration updates in a NEW thread from liveround69 in the future.

Good on ya. Definitely above and beyond.

#115 2 years ago

As we say at work everyday "What a shitshow"

You can't make this stuff up.

Sad to see a new CPR Silverball Mania PF torn up like that.

#116 2 years ago
Quoted from WeatherbyMAG:

It's totally fixable.

And it's in an inclosed location, so even a halfassed repair will go unnoticed

#117 2 years ago
Quoted from WeatherbyMAG:

The last CPR PF I had would explode like this with the most minor or touching. The paint and clear would blow up while trying to insert standard posts. The materials are definitely not adhering to the wood like they should or have in the past. It's one of the reason I have not purchased another CPR PF.

This could be OP error or it could be a QC issue or a combo.

Best of luck to the OP with his new PF. I would also be happy to kick some $$ rvdv way for the replacement.

#118 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I would really like the funds to go directly to RVDV. No Offense to the OP, but RVDV is the one who forked out the bread.

Agreed. Getting the op a new playfield was the goal and RVDV was kind enough to take care of that.

#119 2 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

The last CPR PF I had would explode like this with the most minor or touching. The paint and clear would blow up while trying to insert standard posts.

Details!

What playfield?

What month/year?

Pics?

Digitally printed?

#120 2 years ago

nerdygrrl I'm guessing your talking about the second run of Whirlwind? I had a similar experience even with curing for 1-2 years.

#121 2 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

nerdygrrl I'm guessing your talking about the second run of Whirlwind? I had a similar experience even with curing for 1-2 years.

That I am. I have never seen anything like it before. It's like the paint or whatever never adhered to the wood.

Quoted from vid1900:

Details!
What playfield?
What month/year?
Pics?
Digitally printed?

Whirlwind

Around 12/17

No pics handy, but looked a lot like this where the paint just came off with the clear in chunks.

My guess digitally printed.

#122 2 years ago

I had issues with 2 CPR Whirlwind playfields very recently. That's about all I can say about it. After a TON of emails and phone calls, they had a resolution we both agreed on.

#123 2 years ago

I hate hearing that this COULD be due to the process or chemistry of digital printing... another sad reason to see screen printing go by the wayside.

#124 2 years ago

For my Seawitch & Star Gazer playfields my clear coat contractor leaves the white stars installed during the finish clear coat process. Usually they move freely when finished, or they can be left in & cleaned with a exacto knife depressed if needed. My playfields are shipped in a double set of double cardboard custom box sets. The inside box I use cardboard on the wrapped paper for playfield near the inserts incase there is some weird shipping issue. I use UPS & I DO NOT pay extra for insurance! It is almost impossible to make a claim on damage. Had their fork lift tire destroy a playfield, seems like that was not their fault since my custom box set did not have a burst strength stamp. Same with the destruction of backglass. Usually they will not even show any pictures.

I had a similar CPR playfield with a Silverball Mania project I bought with a new CPR playfield. It was damaged in the hoop so no big deal if one worked.
Been a pioneer in UV inkjet printing over 10 years ago. If the wood is sealed properly I have had ZERO issues!

#125 2 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Been a pioneer in UV inkjet printing over 10 years ago. If the wood is sealed properly I have had ZERO issues!

This is good to know. Like I stated above, I have never seen anything like it. Given the way the paint or whatever, came off it really felt like it was never adhered. Like there was no solid foundation so even just touching it with your fingernail would take a decent piece off.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 169.00
3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Butler, PA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Florissant, MO
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 179.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/be-careful-if-you-choose-cpr-playfields-i-got-taken/page/3?hl=weatherbymag and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.