(Topic ID: 60409)

BDK - Would Mr Lyman return in his own time to over look again?

By Squizz

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by John1210
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0977.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

Mr. Lyman, please finish BDK!

The game is finished.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from bmunn1:

You say this based on?

It's Sw v2.9, its got wizard mode, all features are implemented, etc. The game may not be perfect but its not unfinished.

The fact that Costco version had v3.0 is irrelevant. It doesn't mean its enhanced or better. It is likely that they took 2.94 and had to make small changes to fit the home version. Then they changed the version for internal tracking. Doubt there's anything to "port over".

1 week later
#39 10 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

This is my bdk indeed. Do you mean the EL wire/tape on the teeter ramp? It is glued on the ramp with double sides tape. When the teeter ramp is activated it switches 12 vdc via a relay to the EL tape and ready total costs around usd 20 dependable if you can get the el tape cheap enough via eBay
Than some blue flashers at the end to complement the effect. It really looks great in real life.

So EL tape is very flat and will not get in the way. Mounting it is not a problem. The EL inverters can also be 12vdc input so powering it is not a problem. Wiring seems obvious:
12vdc + from inverter taps into system 12vdc from front plug.
Ground taps into q13 transistor or transistor lug on teeter coil. It works great.

I used some light strip instead. It's a lot brighter. No inverter needed. And the way I mounted it, it doesn't touch the car. Problem is when I tap flippers, it sends a small pulse along the transistor. Enough to light the light strip a little. It's very brief and hard to notice but its there. It's possible that with EL tape its not noticable since this stuff isn't as bright as light strip. I'm not sure what causes this bleed over. In theory, q13 should be totally isolated from q15 and q16. It could be a problem unique to my game as well.

Did you wire yours differently?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bdk-would-mr-lyman-return-in-his-own-time-to-over-look-again?tu=markmon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.