(Topic ID: 60409)

BDK - Would Mr Lyman return in his own time to over look again?

By Squizz

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by John1210
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0977.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sunfox.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 10 years ago

I'm still of the opinion that there could be improved code in existance, it's just that it's never been released.

Reasoning: BDK is sitting at v2.94. Hardly a "round number", or a number I'd pick for a "final version". This is good, because I doubt Lyman considers BDK finished either. But remember that some months after v2.94 was released, the Costco BDK Classic came out... with v3.00 software.

Now, one can imagine that the reason BDK saw improvement in the first place was because Lyman was tasked with modifying the software for use with the Lite version (and I don't doubt that he wasn't tasked with nearly enough time to do it all "on the job"). And, one can also imagine that the reason the Classic software is sitting at v3.00 versus v1.00 or something, is because it's a modification of the base BDK code (like Stern's current Pro/LE software versions). And, if Lyman saw fit to number the Classic version at a nice round v3.00... then perhaps it's more polished than v2.94 was, and perhaps - just perhaps - there's also Pro v3.00 code sitting trapped on someone's hard drive...

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

It's Sw v2.9, its got wizard mode, all features are implemented, etc. The game may not be perfect but its not unfinished.
The fact that Costco version had v3.0 is irrelevant. It doesn't mean its enhanced or better. It is likely that they took 2.94 and had to make small changes to fit the home version. Then they changed the version for internal tracking. Doubt there's anything to "port over".

I don't think it would take too much to finish up Batpod mode, change some of the shot requirements for the Batman modes, fix a few known bugs, and perhaps add any remaining unused audio clips that were approved by the license holder.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Folsom, CA
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sunfox.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bdk-would-mr-lyman-return-in-his-own-time-to-over-look-again?tu=Sunfox and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.