(Topic ID: 33313)

BDK Extra Ball Question- EB Insert Doesn't Light Up During Play-- Thanks.

By flipperfingers

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flipperfingers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Hey Guys,

Just picked up my first newer Stern HUO game and it is beautiful, clean, hardly played. I'm so excited.

Anyway, the only "flaw" if you will, is something that I can't figure out. During play when you see "Extra Ball is Lit" on the DMD, the insert doesn't light up on the playfield. You have to go into the Scarecrow hole for the EB and you get the EB when you do after the DMD says so, but it's not lit up like I said. The lamp is good as it comes on when the game is on but not being played when all the lights light up.

Any ideas? Software glitch? Thanks so much.

#4 11 years ago

Thanks for the concern, guys. I am running what I think is the latest version (2.94). It seems that everything is back in order. It was the same problem that I was having with other lights- finicky sockets. This is my first newer Stern game and the playfield sockets are something completely new to me. A few of the lights kept coming on then going off. The Extra Ball Light must've been one of them. When I took the socket out and noticed one of the two wires going through it almost coming out, I wedged it back in there with a flat screw driver. Seems to have solved the problem. Is there a better technique when you run into this problem? Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Folsom, CA
$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flipperfingers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bdk-extra-ball-question-eb-insert-doesnt-light-up-during-play-thanks?tu=flipperfingers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.