Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 86 days ago by Jgw10713
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I see that the 520-5290 -00 opto board that controls the crane has 3 playfield leds integrated into it,I have the ramp arrow lit all the time but very dim and the other harvy dent is out and there is one more next to it that is out all the way,anybody have any thoughts,can I replace the leds,bad connection?they cost 100.00 dollars

#2 11 years ago

My experience with these kind of opto problems is to reseat the connectors to the small board a couple times, if that cures it, then consider removing the small board and remove the solder on the pins for the optos and the big connector, and flow on new solder.

LTG : )

4 years later
#3 6 years ago

Ok, I hate to resurrect an old thread, but my TBK is having same exact issue. The 3 LEDs on the Scarecrow Opto/LED board are dimly lit 100% of the time. I reconnected the LED connector a few times, but it does not solve the issue. I read somewhere that transistors could cause this problem, but after looking at the manual about 100 times, I cannot for the life of me find the right transistor(s). My only guess was Q1-7 on the CPU board, but I tested those and they all tested fine (.6 volts on the diode test).

Does anyone (especially @rockrand) had the same issue and know what the problem might be?

2 weeks later
#4 6 years ago

Still having the issue, can it be anything else besides transistors and a cold solder joints?

5 months later
#5 6 years ago

I just bought a HUO BDK and i have a similar problem. The 3 lights 86,87,88 are always on. Those 3 are not on the lamp matrix.
They are listed as A1 ,A2 ,and A3 .

Anybody have any advice?

5 years later
#6 86 days ago

Anyone ever figure this out? I have the same issue. The Harvey light stays locked on, the other two are unlit. When I go into diagnostics to test, none of them turn on. I’ve messed with the connectors on the pcb and gotten them to all turn on, but they still stay locked on and don’t receive game input. Currently, only one light is on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Folsom, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bdk-crane-opto-board-leds-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.