9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by udo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

006.JPG
    012.JPG

#1 9 years ago

I have been reading quite a bit on the update to the game and it is quite positive. Looking for a NIB unit possibly and the best price I can find is at Sam's Club $4447 with a decent warranty. Found a couple on e-bay a bit cheaper but would have to pay shipping. Is this the game to get right now or would a NIB IM be the better choice at this point? (Also still looking for a Nice HUO Family Guy).

#2 9 years ago

For the price point, they should be around the same right now loren3233. I would personally go with an Iron Man, but Batman DK is a great game as well. I imagine Iron Man will go up with value though, if Spider-Man is any indication. Marvel fans seem to drive the value of them more maybe? I don't know.

#3 9 years ago

amazon.com link » Free Shipping

#4 9 years ago

I am a Stern fan. I like the idea of the BDK. Spiderman is my favorite pin to play (I am no expert), but I do not like Ironman, currently. Despite all the reviews, I can tell when I play it that it is NOT a Steve Ritchie design (he spends a LOT of time tweaking the shots). I do not like the randomness of the magnets. I also do not like the stupid joker-in-a-coffee-can contraption on the BDK, but I would probably still want the BDK. I already own a Spiderman, so that's done for me. I say get you a SM and the BDK. I haven't played BDK since the update, tho. I only remember the old endless multiball version of it. I honestly think that the whole Heath Ledger thing may actually add to it's value over time.... but that could be many years off...... I vote for the BDK. But in the end, it all boils down to personal taste, doesn't it? You like what you like- who cares what others think.

I am also waiting to see the new Gomez/Tron or whatever thing coming out next winter before buying my next NIB. I have a feeling it may be better than IM. (I actually kinda like BBH. You can tell that deer thing is gonna take a pounding on location, tho....)

#5 9 years ago

Seanymph, I'm curious myself to see what Gomez has on his plate. I really hope Stern has a pin for the release of "Tron Legacy". Getting Gomez to design the Tron pin should come naturally, since he designed the original Tron video game. I remember he said he would have liked to design the pinball to Spy Hunter.

Incidentally, Gomez was around for the on-location Stern launch of Big Buck Hunter Pro as well as Iron Man....so I imagine he still wants to do pinball design.

George Gomez, is probably my favorite designer (co-designed my LOTR). Protégé of one of my personal heroes of game design, Steve Ritchie. Maybe one day I will get enough scratch for a Monster Bash, but for the meantime, I am looking for his other best solo-design effort...Johnny Mnemonic.

#6 9 years ago

I have bdk and spiderman+lotr I will be getting my iron man saturday. Bdk is a great game since the 2.94 update. Before the update it we ok. Spiderman is my fav. game with bdk right behind.

012.JPG 006.JPG

#7 9 years ago

Wow thats weird iw as just thinknig yesterday how awsome it would be if they made a tron pinball machine. They should totally put a blacklight in it like BBB and put neon red and blue on the playfield.

#8 9 years ago

Tanks for the tip! My bdk is running om v 2.3 so i hef to upload.
    I,m Curious what its make,s better.
    gr udo

#9 9 years ago

One of the nice things about Stern is they offer their firmware upgrades online for free if you want to do it yourself (along with instructions).

#10 9 years ago

goto sterns web site and download 2.94 .It will be like a new game. there is to much stuff to list that is changed. you will not beleave the game play after.

#11 9 years ago

Thanks!!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 14.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 79.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pixels Arcade Games
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 94.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 9,099.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 34.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    € 339.00
    Displays
    GermanGamingSupplies.com
    $ 12.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 49.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Bent Mods
    $ 29.50
    Boards
    Pinball Haus
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 32.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 17.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    € 159.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    FlipperLED

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside