20200820_221530 (resized).jpg
20200820_210240 (resized).jpg
20200820_205915 (resized).jpg
20200820_205906 (resized).jpg
20200820_205903 (resized).jpg
F3C1D311-916E-4825-8659-352B3035FC7B (resized).jpeg
79B73281-8954-42C9-BBF0-5645CE05BC3F (resized).jpeg
72077E3C-4FA8-4B40-A603-C6AAA2F559E0 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider baiter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

This may be a fairly small club considering only 27 pinsiders list this this game in their collection.

I just realized this week that every video or pic of a BBH I've seen has red shotgun shells on the playfield, and mine are yellow. Anyone else have this "special edition"? Playfield has #125, sounds like a mid-run if this number is unique.

bbh_shells.jpgbbh_shells.jpg

#5 10 years ago

On IPDB they list this as a test game, so I'm guessing the first x number of games had red shells and they changed to yellow at some point?

bbh_shells_red.jpgbbh_shells_red.jpg

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Strange... I thought AbacusMan would be the only Pinsider posting in this thread.

Nah, Pinside has 27 members strong. So far only 2 have joined the club, and the rest of you are spectators. Who hasn't spent significant time on one yet? Pretty tough to do if you don't have one at this point.

The red shells actually look odd to me. The game already has 5 very large red inserts just above the shells, so the anything-but-red shells idea makes some sense to me.

1 month later
#13 10 years ago

Still waiting for someone else with yellow shotgun shell inserts to join the club...

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Mine are red!
Thinking about trading my HUO BBH for X Men LE plus $cash$ should I leave the club?
Or sell out right. $4200

I have them sitting next to each other and are my two most played games. Both are under-valued and unique (very few options to replace either with a like game), so you can't go wrong either way. My wife and daughter have flagged BBH as off-limits for moving.

2 weeks later
#25 10 years ago

I was just watching a video where a BBH had the pegs rather than the rails under the playfield, though it has the lock bar so Stern must not have to the clasps yet. Mine has rails... who has the pegs vs rails?

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Mine are red!
Thinking about trading my HUO BBH for X Men LE plus $cash$ should I leave the club?
Or sell out right. $4200

Your pic looks yellow?

Quoted from scottc:

yellow shells here

I figured there was at least one more.

Quoted from Skulz:

I have pegs. Was an option on buying nib. So were rails with button protectors and shaker.

From the factory or a distributor? I've heard of distributors doing this, but not Stern, but hey, when they were only making 1000 games per year, they had time to customize a bit

3 weeks later
#35 10 years ago

I finally got to put my hands on the second BBH I've ever seen in person, on location at the Nashville Gaylord Opryland Hotel.

The good news is it was well loved by players, but the bad news it was abandoned by the operator.

Regardless of the fact that the ramp and playfield were the blackest I've ever seen on a game, there was absolutely no track damage and the game was fully functional except the buck, which would not register a hit. It's a significant part of the game play, so that's unfortunate.

Oh yea, red shells.

20130720_154635.jpg20130720_154635.jpg 20130720_154741.jpg20130720_154741.jpg 20130720_154630.jpg20130720_154630.jpg

3 months later
#44 10 years ago

I estimate 275 were made.

5 months later
#56 10 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

I just bought one with yellow gun shells

Look red in the pics

1 year later
#72 8 years ago

Interesting alternate translite on that BBH

2 weeks later
#85 8 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Has anyone experienced playfield damage on their game from where the elk swings out? I noticed it was down to the bare wood on the one at Pinburgh.

I haven't noticed but thanks for mentioning it so I can check, do you have a pic? Was wondering what part of the elk is dragging. I have mylar across the entire buck track for the same reason.

1 month later
#97 8 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Also, anyone got any tips for the buck mech? It registers hits just fine, but drags a bit coming across the playfield. I waxed the field, but it comes across like it is dry and I can already see where the white plastic is contacting the playfield. Any way to raise that up? Or should I use pledge under the track? Do you use any grease on the work gear? Like I said, this sat for almost 6 years, so I am sure it is dry. I know grease on a pin is forbidden, but I didn't know if the worm gear was an exception. Thanks

The white plastic is designed to slide on the playfield. I custom cut mylar for each side of the track to protect against wear. I think the gear screws into a nylon nut, and I don't believe it was greased at the factory... and as you said generally you don't want grease on any part of a pinball machine.

2 months later
#103 8 years ago
Quoted from Djude:

Just picked up my BBH after looking for several years. Had to drive 8 hours to get it, but when you live in Florida.... South Carolina was the closest I have found in 3 years. Great machine that does not disappoint. Makes me laugh every time I hear a new call out.

Glad you found one... I took mine with me out of FL It remains the most consistently loved and played game in my collection by visitors of all types. BBH's wizard mode "Open Season" is nearly as difficult as IM's DoD multiball, one of the rare games that's both fun for casual players and difficult for seasoned players. Anyone get to OS yet?

1 week later
#115 8 years ago
Quoted from Djude:

Thanks Guys... Appreciate the help... Now I need to stop playing it awhile and start working on it.....
Any suggestions on where to get the best deal on speaks and a shaker motor???

Shakers look to be $100 from pinballlife, $95 from cointaker. Speakers can be had from Flipper Fidelity or Pinball Pro, but if you are adventurous you can check out various threads about cheap speaker upgrades.

1 week later
#121 7 years ago
Quoted from mark9:

Can't believe this game is only at 272 on the chart, it's way better than that.

It's because there were so few made, many players have never tried it, or if they did it was a dirty, malfunctioning game on location.

1 week later
#125 7 years ago
Quoted from Djude:

I may have missed it, if so, sorry, but does anybody have an actual figure on how many BBHs were made?

I've seen estimates from 300 to 1000 units. I've heard original IM was about 1000 units, and considering how many more of those we saw floating around, I'd find it hard to believe BBH production was that high.

#128 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

As I recall from another thread where we looked at serial numbers it seemed well under 500 (but I can't remember exactly now). There were even fewer NBA's and NFL's made though. Other rare Sterns: CSI and 24.

For perspective I think estimates go like this:

NFL (85), NBA (250), CSI/24/BBH, IMOG (1000), Avatar (1000 Pro + 250 LE)

And using Pinsider ownership you can see the production numbers match up fairly well

NBA (9), NFL (10), 24 (39), CSI (46), BBH (51), Avatar (80 Pro, 57 LE) [IM is muddled with VE numbers mixed in]

I've actually seen BBH ownership jump from about 30 to 51 recently as people are starting to find one to try out, seems to be a more desired game than 24 or CSI at this point.

#131 7 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

From what I remember hearing, CSI and 24 are not that high - I thought those two had been relatively established, and I am pretty sure both were well under 500.

Sorry it wasn't clear, I originally used less than signs but they were stripped in the post... What I tried to say is the estimate for CSI/24/BBH is somewhere between 250 and 1000, but prod number for those are very debatable. I have also seen comments from those that claim they are in the know and even one Stern insider posted that BBH production was 1000...but I just can't find the evidence.

Lets take some examples of 20 year old games where you expect some losses over the years, more so than games made just 6 years ago. But lets assume no losses...

NBA Fastbreak. 4,414 produced, 222 owned by Pinsiders (5%)
The Shadow. 4247 produced, 598 owned by Pinsiders (14%)
Champion's Pub. 1369 produced, 207 owned by Pinsiders (15%)
Attack from Mars, 3450 produced, 735 owned by Pinsiders (21%)

Using the range of 5-21% ownership we get production number ranges as follows

24: 195-780
CSI: 230-920
BBH: 255-1020

Collector ownership with today's games tends to be higher than in the past... but even a conservative 10% Pinsider ownership rate my personal estimate comes in under 500 for each.

Quoted from goatdan:

I remember when BBH and IM came out, someone with ties to the company had told me (and I honestly forget who) that those two games changed the fortunes of the company. I would assume that they were both at or close to 1k sellers, although I don't know.

That's the first I've ever seen someone comment that BBH was a hit with Stern... I've consistently heard the opposite.

2 months later
#140 7 years ago

Those look nice, would like to see 3 of them, each hovering over the pops. I think that's what the Pops are supposed to look like ??

4 months later
#163 7 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Does anybody have any recommendations on shooter lane protectors for this game?, specifically for the eject area out of the trough? I see the protector for the wall on the right side for sale in a few places. Doesn't seem to be a specific cliffy for this one for the eject spot, but wonder if there are ones from any other game that might work here? the was a weird knot in the wood on my game in that area and the ball ejecting has broken it down a bit over the years, would like to cover it up with a protector, rather than getting messy with wood filler or bondo.

In the shooter lane there is one for the wall, I tend to use: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2120

There are also Cliffys to fit on either side of the lane http://www.passionforpinball.com/ballejects.htm

Most importantly, I put on several coats of Hard-As-Nails in the shooter lane after cleaning out all the dirt which helps harden it further and keep it clean. From the factory the shooter lane has a lot of exposed porous wood without enough clear, so it acts like a dirt sponge, so I like to generously apply, effectively, more clear coat to eliminate future dirt accumulation in the wood.

4 months later
#164 7 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

That's great news! If you want it super sensitive, remove the Elk. That extra weight on top of the flipper makes a huge difference.

Or just wait for the elk to break off.

1 year later
#207 5 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Has anyone else had a problem with their elk falling off? It's happened to me 3 times in the 3 years I've owned it. I've also seen them missing on location.
It looks like a terrible design, considering how violently it whips out during multiball. Anyone have any ideas on how to reinforce it so it stops happening?

My Elk broke off of the flipper. The metal where the Elk is mounted to the flipper is fairly thin and apparently brittle, and there's no decent repair that can be done... and unfortunately not having a lot of luck locating the replacement.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
South Berwick, ME
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider baiter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bbh-club-members-only?tu=baiter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.