Topic Stats

• 208 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Gusphan
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 46 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

15365105811961088909509 (resized).jpg
IMG_1360 (resized).JPG
IMG_1357 (resized).JPG
20180809_224504 (resized).jpg
20180407_175724 (resized).jpg
20180407_151245 (resized).jpg
bbh (resized).JPG
IMG_1889 (resized).JPG
Buck Hunter Wiring (resized).jpg
20160711_201629_(resized).jpg
20160711_202029_(resized).jpg
20160711_201701_(resized).jpg
20160711_202009_(resized).jpg
20160712_101611_(resized).jpg
20160712_101645_(resized).jpg
BBH_switch_post_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Djude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#101 3 years ago

Just picked up my BBH after looking for several years. Had to drive 8 hours to get it, but when you live in Florida.... South Carolina was the closest I have found in 3 years. Great machine that does not disappoint. Makes me laugh every time I hear a new call out.

The moving buck seems to make a lot of noise on mine, and sometimes seems like a pain in the ass to get to register shots on the far left hand side and far right hand side. Always seems to work in the middle though.... Thoughts?

I also noticed that the right hand side ramp was restricting the Elk from swinging back, so I had to raise that ramp. I will look to see if it is dragging on the PF.

I'm wondering if anyone has added a shaker motor, and if they had any pics of where and how it's done. Also, some have said just go with a bigger woofer. Any opinions on this vs. the shaker motor?

Also, if there were one weak spot on this game it would be the Translite, any other nice alternatives that anyone has seen or us using?

thanks, psyched for this club... been looking forward to getting in for some time. Glad to be here..

#106 3 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Your questions will be answered by reading the thread. Congrats on the score SHOOT AGAIN!

Thanks..... Here's the questions that weren't answered in the thread......

So, if I went with a shaker... does anybody have a pic of the inside of their cab that they can show me so I can get an idea of where to put it, and how to hook it up?

Also, does anyone have a problem registering hits at the top and bottom of the track, but it's fine in the middle. I'm wondering if it's just a sensitivity issue.... Don't really see how the wire could be broken, given that it still registers in the middle..

#109 3 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Not sure on shaker as I have a speaker upgrade that makes it shake enough
I would tend to clean or rebuild the BUCK as most parts are readily available and the manual explains fairly well.
It is a very simple mechanism that can bend and/ or get dirty.

Excellent.. Thanks, When I bought it we completely tore down the mech and cleaned it.(lots of wax all over the switch assembly) which definitely helped, but still tougher to register shots at the top and bottom of the track. I had the glass off last night doing some lighting mods and I was messing around with it to see what kind of impact was needed to register a hit, and I think it may be a physics issue..... Tough to get enough velocity at the bottom of the track and at the very top to move it enough to trip the switch.

#111 3 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

It should register hits easily. I needs to be readjusted, or replaced with a new one from Stern. I had mine so sensitive it would register some times when buck stopped. Lol
Here's a good write up on making the buck more sensitive:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bbh-making-the-buck-more-sensitive
When you buy a Stern shaker motor it comes with all directions you need to hook it up.

Zampinator.... this is an Awesome post.... Thanks for sharing it. I'm guessing at some point every BBH owner is going to need it. With this dialed in... this machine is rocks.. Thanks also for the Shaker motor hint. Do you think it adds enough to the game to warrant buying one?

#114 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Absolutely grab the shaker motor. It js great on the game.

Quoted from Zampinator:

^^^What he said!^^ Sub woofer & a Shaker are a must!

Thanks Guys... Appreciate the help... Now I need to stop playing it awhile and start working on it.....

Any suggestions on where to get the best deal on speaks and a shaker motor???

#117 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Damn awesome game!
It's been two years, and it keeps kicking my ass!
Been back at it all month!
No wonder it's a Keeper!

Art, talking to you convinced me that I was right to want BBH.... It is a great game. Waiting on my Shaker motor, and starting to screw around with the lights I still want to try out your new ones to create the the wounds on the BG buck for every shotgun shell shot achieved....

2 weeks later
#122 3 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

It's because there were so few made, many players have never tried it, or if they did it was a dirty, malfunctioning game on location.

I may have missed it, if so, sorry, but does anybody have an actual figure on how many BBHs were made?

#123 3 years ago

Ok.... So I got the shaker motor installed.... and except for the fact that Stern was making cabinets out of used Amazon boxes when they made this... everything went well and it works great, but it gave me some more questions to ask you guys.

Does anyone know what these wires are for in these pictures? They look like they come off of the flipper buttons, the first is on the left hd side just above the SM Cir BD with the 3 arrows, there are several wires that are taped off with black tape. Have a hard time believing they came from the factory this way. They are yellow and green and yellow as well as a couple of single wires that look pink and green that are looped and taped off. Same with Rt hd side in second pic just below rt hd flipper button. thanks much.

BBH_Loose_wires_1_(resized).jpg

BBH_Loose_wire_2_(resized).jpg

#124 3 years ago

Ok... so last question for the time being..... BBH is my first Stern machine and I noticed when I get a "Special" on it, instead of a knocker sounding it makes this incredibly annoying electronic screeching sound. I played an Iron Man the other day, which is of the same Stern vintage, and it made the same noise as my machine.....

Does anyone know how to turn this down or change it? Thanks much in advance...

#133 3 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

There are settings in the adjustments menu for turning off the knocker screech.

thanks much.... I appreciate the reply!

1 month later
#134 3 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

It should register hits easily. I needs to be readjusted, or replaced with a new one from Stern. I had mine so sensitive it would register some times when buck stopped. Lol
Here's a good write up on making the buck more sensitive:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bbh-making-the-buck-more-sensitive
When you buy a Stern shaker motor it comes with all the directions you need to hook it up.

Just wanted to give a shout out to Zampinator for his help showing me David Pinballwizz's detailed mod link on how to improve sensitivity on the buck shots at top and bottom of the track.....https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bbh-making-the-buck-more-sensitive

After tearing the buck apart I found that adding 1 washer to the two back screws under the metal plate with a hole in it that the switch post sticks through seems to make the most difference quickly and easily. simply remove the four lock nuts, then the plate with the hole in it. Put a washer on each of the two back screws. (see David Pinballwizz's photo... I circled the screws...) and replace the plate with the hole in it. Tighten down all four lock nuts and the addition of the two washers will force the switch post just a little closer to the back of the plate that closes the switch.

This mod alone made an incredible difference in the way this game plays..... So much so, that I felt compelled to share this incredible fix again with everyone on this thread....

BBH_switch_post_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 199.99
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 24.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Spanish Fork, UT

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Djude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside