20200820_221530 (resized).jpg
20200820_210240 (resized).jpg
20200820_205915 (resized).jpg
20200820_205906 (resized).jpg
20200820_205903 (resized).jpg
F3C1D311-916E-4825-8659-352B3035FC7B (resized).jpeg
79B73281-8954-42C9-BBF0-5645CE05BC3F (resized).jpeg
72077E3C-4FA8-4B40-A603-C6AAA2F559E0 (resized).jpeg
There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 10 years ago

Just got a HOU with 400 plays and it has yellow shells. Great game.
It does have the shaker motor and flipper button protectors but pegs instead of rails.
Glad its underrated to keep it cheap
njg

#52 10 years ago

My machine has red shells. Love the BBH. best audio ever... "you aint from around here are you?" Walter Brennan RIP. He was the Real McCoy and true Big Buck Hunter Hillbilly.. This is a list I can remember:

1.Kill 'em and Grill 'em
2.Holy Suffering cats
3.Reload
4.Thats some high fallutin' shootin'
5. Just because I am old doesn't make me a kook
6.I may be older than dirt, but I am still scrappy
7. Get off my property
8.Jumpin Jehosephax
9.Where's my jug?
10. Your just the tall hog at the trough
11.You yellow belly sap sucker
12. That rams as stubborn as Mom
13. Are you off your rocker?
14. Even an old foggy could shoot those birds
15. I'll use those feathers for my pillow
16. That cow can poop points out fast enough
17. She shot a hole in my underbritches
18. We give those to Granny (after winning critters/road-kill)
19. No point in aiming, just shoot (pheasant multi-ball)
20. Don't get your feathers ruffled
21. Methane Madness
22. You ain't from around here, are you?

This is the only game that I know of, and please correct me that has a "SUPER DUPER JACKPOT" Another reason to love the BBH. and yes where is the BBHLE??, and why cant you add the software to LINK the machines similar to NBAFB? Let us compete side by side. Why not give us the option? Yes the shaker motor is a must!!

#53 10 years ago

love it!!! This will be the next CC. Great game with a theme no-one likes....kinda like the WOZ theme in some regards....

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from njg:

Just got a HOU with 400 plays and it has yellow shells. Great game.
It does have the shaker motor and flipper button protectors but pegs instead of rails.
Glad its underrated to keep it cheap
njg

Welcome to the Club! Its just fun nothing serious but a good time, isnt that what we seek in buying these pins?

Its this reasoning that BBH is #1 is the fans of the few that have had the open mind to walk up to the pin and learn to pretend to go killing some deer. Its just an arcade game and pin that creates escapism and it does it very well!

#55 10 years ago

Can anyone explain what the deer opto one and two do? Can't figure out for the life of me when opto two registers. Looks like opto one works off the buck wheel.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

I just bought one with yellow gun shells

Look red in the pics

#57 10 years ago

Best freak'n thread on pinside!

#58 10 years ago

You ever wonder why it's a Bull Elk that moves back & forth on the play field instead of a white tail Buck?
That's the 1st thing I noticed when I played this game. BBH with a moving Elk. Lol
I do miss this pin, look forward to getting back some day.

1 week later
#59 9 years ago

Bump the BBH. Its one of my favorites now....

#60 9 years ago

You can see my review of it here:

http://pinside.com/pinball/archive/big-buck-hunter/ratings

I give BBH a perfect 10.

So there!

#61 9 years ago

The first thoughts I had with the Iron Man I got this week was how much it was similar to BBH. The ram double scoring is similar to War Machine and the Iron Monger tight-shot is similar to Bird multi ball. Right on the corner, right on the price, BBH!

#62 9 years ago

Had to smoke a big fatty after reading the new posts

4 months later
#63 9 years ago

Back in the club! Picked up a beauty last weekend from weirpinball! HUO, shaker, LEDs, lollipop side rails. I forgot how fun/hard this pin is! I'll post picks when I get a chance. (Red shells)

#64 9 years ago

Congrats Chris! My buck stopped registering hits so I disassembled it and sure enough the wire was broke. I put it back together and viola! Nothing. Then I noticed a bracket that was left off. Time to disassemble it again!

#65 9 years ago

Thanks Ed. It sure is fun shooting this buck! Mine is very sensitive, it had just been replaced with a new buck mechanism by previous owner.

Here's a couple of pics:

20141002_192028.jpg20141002_192028.jpg
20141002_192043.jpg20141002_192043.jpg
20141002_192126.jpg20141002_192126.jpg

11 months later
#66 8 years ago

Picked up a nice BBH this week. I am enjoying the game play. Considering adding the shaker. Opinions? How is it tied into game play?image.jpegimage.jpeg

#67 8 years ago

I enjoy all shakers since they add another element to the game play. For BBH the shaker will activate when you hit the "Big Buck", during super pops and for other multiball events. The shaker is a sweet mod for play. An LED panel from Flipper Fidelity really looks sweet too. Shaker is great for the pseudo recoil effect of a shotgun.....

#68 8 years ago

Great. Thanks for the reply.

1 month later
#69 8 years ago

Just joined the club recently. Fun game. My buck wasn’t registering hits, so tonight I lifted the playfield and found the wires ripped apart. So that will give me something to do this weekend. Also does anyone have any recommendations for making the buck mechanism quiter?

#70 8 years ago

I just grabbed one a little while ago, fun game. Want to jam on it for a few weeks but then it has to go, GOT premium is replacing it.

edit----I did have a minor onto issue for the ram, I just threw this thread out for new guys...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-tip-opto-wonky#post-2795629

#71 8 years ago

Someone say REDNECK collection? FT, BBH and WNBJM best games ever! Goes well with my surfing theme don't ya'll think?DSCN1515.jpgDSCN1515.jpg

#72 8 years ago

Interesting alternate translite on that BBH

#73 8 years ago

Besides the music, I still say BBH is better than IM I compare these two because they came out at the same time during sterns retro cost cut savings era.

Love me some BBH. Buck mb is a hell of a fun my and the buck itself kicks BDKs crane toy in the non thematic nuts.

Game shines with a sub. Shotgun blasts and bird shots are awesome.

#74 8 years ago

Re did the wire harness on the buck, and now it's registering hits as its supposed to. Fun game for sure.

#75 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I need to add BBH to the redneck lineup.....
Have RS and looking for a FT too.....
Nice pics Tat!

Tats BBH has been in my collection the past year. Great looking game.

#76 8 years ago

Cannot understand why, but this one is probably on my shortlist to get. Hopefully once I shop NGG I can use it to trade for one.

#77 8 years ago

Just for fun, replace one of the balls with a POWERBALL! It is just too much fun.

1 week later
#78 8 years ago

Anyone have a nice set of custom instruction cards? I know of the ones on Pinball Rebel, but want to see if there are other options.

#79 8 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

Anyone have a nice set of custom instruction cards? I know of the ones on Pinball Rebel, but want to see if there are other options.

any good to you?Big Buck Hunter 2.jpgBig Buck Hunter 2.jpgBig Buck Hunter 1.jpgBig Buck Hunter 1.jpg

#80 8 years ago

Yes, thank you.

#81 8 years ago

Has anyone experienced playfield damage on their game from where the elk swings out? I noticed it was down to the bare wood on the one at Pinburgh. When I got home and looked at mine, sure enough, it was starting to wear there (thankfully it's not down to the bare wood - got some mylar over it now). I had to adjust the elk up a bit as the screw underneath it was scraping the playfield, despite the fact that it didn't look like it was touching it, even when I moved it manually.

Hope this helps you guys out.

#82 8 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Hope this helps you guys out.

It will. Now there's something I need to check when I get home.

#83 8 years ago

I recently purchased a bbh pro video arcade. I tried to start a bbh arcade club in the basement but so far nobody has joined. The arcade game is probably the best arcade game of all time and can be had for about 1/4 of the price of a b title pin. Guests play it way more than they ever play any pins. Does anybody own both the pin and arcade game?

#84 8 years ago

I'll normally join the club this saturday Haven't played it a lot, but curious about it.
I like Avatar a lot, so don't mind it being a one ramp game.

#85 8 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Has anyone experienced playfield damage on their game from where the elk swings out? I noticed it was down to the bare wood on the one at Pinburgh.

I haven't noticed but thanks for mentioning it so I can check, do you have a pic? Was wondering what part of the elk is dragging. I have mylar across the entire buck track for the same reason.

#86 8 years ago

20151203_222627.jpg20151203_222627.jpg

You should be able to see the damage inside that mylar circle I put down. Check that area.

#87 8 years ago

Sorry it's not rotated properly. First time posting a pic from my phone.

#88 8 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

Does anybody own both the pin and arcade game?

Yes, they go together nicely. Although most of my time between the two is spent playing the pinball of course.

Buck Hunter.JPGBuck Hunter.JPG

1 week later
#90 8 years ago

ohhh....... ohhh......., I club I can belong to!!!!

I love my BBH! More fun then so many games, and a Hoot,
when Multiball and Modes start going!!

Most people never get to play that far...but what a treat, and a Sleeper Game!

Nothing to MOD, just some LEDS.....Outstanding Game!

#91 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Nothing to MOD, just some LEDS.....Outstanding Game!

Nah, put a sub in it for the shotgun blasts; it really helps. I have a back box lit kit, brown powder coated everything, speaker panel lights, shaker, deer theme'd pingulp, etc. The mods help this game like the others.

#92 8 years ago

Yep, speaker upgrade is a must! no need for a shaker motor when it is cranked

2 weeks later
#93 8 years ago

New cars available from pinball cards and they are coooooool!

#94 8 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

New cars available from pinball cards and they are coooooool!

Link?

3 weeks later
#96 8 years ago

Just picked up a pristine BBH that had under 200 plays and then sat in a warehouse. Not a mark on her, however I am having to send the board to be fixed as the "B" channel to the cabinet bottom speaker is not working. Not sure what that is about, but I am told the amps are a common issue on these later Sterns? Also, anyone got any tips for the buck mech? It registers hits just fine, but drags a bit coming across the playfield. I waxed the field, but it comes across like it is dry and I can already see where the white plastic is contacting the playfield. Any way to raise that up? Or should I use pledge under the track? Do you use any grease on the work gear? Like I said, this sat for almost 6 years, so I am sure it is dry. I know grease on a pin is forbidden, but I didn't know if the worm gear was an exception. Thanks

#97 8 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Also, anyone got any tips for the buck mech? It registers hits just fine, but drags a bit coming across the playfield. I waxed the field, but it comes across like it is dry and I can already see where the white plastic is contacting the playfield. Any way to raise that up? Or should I use pledge under the track? Do you use any grease on the work gear? Like I said, this sat for almost 6 years, so I am sure it is dry. I know grease on a pin is forbidden, but I didn't know if the worm gear was an exception. Thanks

The white plastic is designed to slide on the playfield. I custom cut mylar for each side of the track to protect against wear. I think the gear screws into a nylon nut, and I don't believe it was greased at the factory... and as you said generally you don't want grease on any part of a pinball machine.

1 month later
#98 8 years ago

Did this topper for my BBH. I have an all orange version of the same gun if anyone wants it to build their own. I bought these non-working off of ebay, but only needed one. You pay shipping and you can have it.

Joe

BBH_Topper_(resized).jpgBBH_Topper_(resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#99 8 years ago

If anyone in the Midwest has a nice BBH for sale, please send me a PM.

Thanks,
Zamp

#100 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

If anyone in the Midwest has a nice BBH for sale, please send me a PM.
Thanks,
Zamp

Good luck....love mine and folks just seem to hang onto them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
South Berwick, ME
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bbh-club-members-only/page/2?hl=manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.