20200820_221530 (resized).jpg
20200820_210240 (resized).jpg
20200820_205915 (resized).jpg
20200820_205906 (resized).jpg
20200820_205903 (resized).jpg
F3C1D311-916E-4825-8659-352B3035FC7B (resized).jpeg
79B73281-8954-42C9-BBF0-5645CE05BC3F (resized).jpeg
72077E3C-4FA8-4B40-A603-C6AAA2F559E0 (resized).jpeg
There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 10 years ago

This may be a fairly small club considering only 27 pinsiders list this this game in their collection.

I just realized this week that every video or pic of a BBH I've seen has red shotgun shells on the playfield, and mine are yellow. Anyone else have this "special edition"? Playfield has #125, sounds like a mid-run if this number is unique.

bbh_shells.jpgbbh_shells.jpg

#2 10 years ago

that's pretty neat. Even the test games had red shells
Fun pin!

#3 10 years ago

Enter AbacusMan in 5, 4, 3, 2 . . .

#4 10 years ago

Where are you?

OK I do not own that game so I shouldn't venture in that thread. Let's say I'am an admirer

#5 10 years ago

On IPDB they list this as a test game, so I'm guessing the first x number of games had red shells and they changed to yellow at some point?

bbh_shells_red.jpgbbh_shells_red.jpg

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Where are you?

AbacusMan let me down here. I was waiting for the Jesus comments. Never thought he would miss a BBH thread. It is a sad day for pinside.

#7 10 years ago

I just saw him trolling on another thread-I wonder if you can squirt some deer piss on this thread so he can sniff it out-LOL Bump for BBH=Jesus

#8 10 years ago

I like this game quite a bit, you just don't see them all that often. I don't think it got much love, and came out at a sort of low point for Stern.

#9 10 years ago

I'm in.

I have red shotgun shells on mine. I did have to go check after seeing your game.

It's a fun game I wouldn't want it to be my only game but it is fun to play especially if you like a lot of multiballs.

#10 10 years ago

Strange... I thought AbacusMan would be the only Pinsider posting in this thread.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Strange... I thought AbacusMan would be the only Pinsider posting in this thread.

Nah, Pinside has 27 members strong. So far only 2 have joined the club, and the rest of you are spectators. Who hasn't spent significant time on one yet? Pretty tough to do if you don't have one at this point.

The red shells actually look odd to me. The game already has 5 very large red inserts just above the shells, so the anything-but-red shells idea makes some sense to me.

#12 10 years ago

I just saw him trolling on another thread-I wonder if you can squirt some deer piss on this thread so he can sniff it out-LOL Bump for BBH=Jesus

I'll sprinkle some of this stuff around.

Deer_Piss.jpgDeer_Piss.jpg

1 month later
#13 10 years ago

Still waiting for someone else with yellow shotgun shell inserts to join the club...

#14 10 years ago

Mine are red!
Thinking about trading my HUO BBH for X Men LE plus $cash$ should I leave the club?
Or sell out right. $4200

image.jpgimage.jpg

#15 10 years ago

My shells are red too.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Mine are red!
Thinking about trading my HUO BBH for X Men LE plus $cash$ should I leave the club?
Or sell out right. $4200

XMen LE is a pretty awesome game since the last code update and a further code update polishing it more is supposed to be coming soon per Stern's facebook page (testing now). BBH is a really under appreciated game . . . but XMen is worth the valuation difference in my view.

#17 10 years ago

I also have red shells.

It looks like your camera is washing out the reds, but probably not. Your bulls-eyes have very little red and your jugs have no red at all vs. mine that have plenty of red. It also doesn't look like you have much of the red coloration in the animals in the lower center of the playfield.

One other oddity is Pappy's Porch. Your plastic for the roof shows the two words on top of each other, the same as mine, but on Baiter's picture, the words Pappy's Porch is side by side.

#18 10 years ago

WOW i'm surprised. I figured with 17 posts, it was 2 people talking to themselves.

#19 10 years ago

I am in. Big Buck Hunter did so well on locations for me, I had to buy one for my HUO collection. I was saving one for myself but made a deal with The Banker for my last new in box. I had settled upon bringing a routed one back but Chris in Ohio sold me the Big Buck Hunter combo. Here some pics of that pin and guest enjoy it so much it got placed right across from Tron LE. Oddly enough I know Stern has made these in 2010, 2011 and 2012 as I have some of each on the route purchased from Trent. Cant wait to add it to the outdoor collection with Fishtales and Whitewater. I took one to the Atl Pinswap so more people could see this awesome pin but it got lost beside WOZ and ACDC with only 1/4 of the plays and they were all free, that is not the case when people have to pay on location.

IMG_3353_(800x533).jpgIMG_3353_(800x533).jpg IMG_3355_(800x533).jpgIMG_3355_(800x533).jpg IMG_3357_(800x533).jpgIMG_3357_(800x533).jpg IMG_3371_(800x533).jpgIMG_3371_(800x533).jpg IMG_3372_(800x533).jpgIMG_3372_(800x533).jpg

#20 10 years ago

I own a BBH and really like it. Of course it is not the greatest game on earth but it is a solid machine with a lot of nice shots and a fantastic game for just bashing a toy

Should get more love and be seen more like FT, not the deepest rulesheet but quite a lot to do and nice stacking of MBs.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Mine are red!
Or sell out right. $4200

I have them sitting next to each other and are my two most played games. Both are under-valued and unique (very few options to replace either with a like game), so you can't go wrong either way. My wife and daughter have flagged BBH as off-limits for moving.

#22 10 years ago

I'm in. Picked up an off route with hardly any plays. Sat in an Elk Lodge for two years collecting smoke residue. Shopping now and looking foward to getting to know the pin in the near future. Its cleaning up like new. The cabinet is actually flawless. The kickback lost the screw connecting the animal to the coil and the wire for the switch on the buck that crosses the pf broke off. Other then that its 100%.

#23 10 years ago

I have owned BBH since March, 2010. It remains one of my favorite games. Mine is temporarily (perhaps permanently) residing at Mike Cohee's place in MD., while his Congo is in my basement for a while. I am certain that this one has yellow bullets, but since my old man brain can play tricks, I will have to defer to Mike.

Harry Irvin
Macungie, PA

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from pinrayhji:

I have owned BBH since March, 2010. It remains one of my favorite games. Mine is temporarily (perhaps permanently) residing at Mike Cohee's place in MD., while his Congo is in my basement for a while. I am certain that this one has yellow bullets, but since my old man brain can play tricks, I will have to defer to Mike.
Harry Irvin
Macungie, PA

Mike still has it? That may go down as a record length of time for him. Hehe. Mike is a good guy! I can't wait to finish the shop and start playing it.

2 weeks later
#25 10 years ago

I was just watching a video where a BBH had the pegs rather than the rails under the playfield, though it has the lock bar so Stern must not have to the clasps yet. Mine has rails... who has the pegs vs rails?

#26 10 years ago

I have pegs. Was an option on buying nib. So were rails with button protectors and shaker.

#27 10 years ago

Dam, I should of started this post.

BBH fo life! and Jesus or something.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Enter AbacusMan in 5, 4, 3, 2 . . .

Man, that was like . . . 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 weeks . . . are you cheating on your BBH AbacusMan? Getting into another game or something?

#29 10 years ago

I have been writing a broadway musical script. Its called Jack and the BBH. Its about JJP one day walking down the street and suddenly an earthquake happens and hes tossed over the side of a bridge hanging on for his dear life. Out of no where BBH shows up and is like"Jack take my leg." "I...I Can't...Your not the Bally/Williams"sez Jack. BBH is all like "Dammit, just take a hold of my leg, its the only way!" "They didn't even have an LE for BBH. Even Rolling Stones had a LE, WTF!" Jack screams.
THeres also a few good musical tunes and a guest apperance of Oropuro when he thinks BBH is for sale for $4.5k for he trys to buy it for $3.2k or a trade with $800 and a HUO WPT that took a quick trip to Iraq and was hit by an IED, but other then that its all good.

#30 10 years ago

yellow shells here

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Mine are red!
Or sell out right. $4200

Your pic looks yellow?

Quoted from scottc:

yellow shells here

I figured there was at least one more.

Quoted from Skulz:

I have pegs. Was an option on buying nib. So were rails with button protectors and shaker.

From the factory or a distributor? I've heard of distributors doing this, but not Stern, but hey, when they were only making 1000 games per year, they had time to customize a bit

#32 10 years ago

Well I believe it was factory options, but not 100%.
I was fine with cheaping out on pegs vs rails for a Home game as well as not paying extra for rails.
Man, you wouldn't believe how much I missed the rails with so much work to be done with my buck and elk
They are ok now, but go figure!
I do think rail option would have been a part swap with distributor though.
This was in 2010.

#33 10 years ago

I'm not a member of your little club because, well, I haven't found a machine to buy locally recently.

I never should have passed the one up that Sean Casey is now trying to sell.

I continually try to find games that the girlfriends grand-kids will want to play (more than 3 minutes).

So if anyone has a BBH for sale (at a realistic price) in NorCal, I'm interested.

Thanks.

Robert

#34 10 years ago

anyone ever have the wire break for the elk that crosses pf? Mine is broke and ram kicker needs screw

3 weeks later
#35 10 years ago

I finally got to put my hands on the second BBH I've ever seen in person, on location at the Nashville Gaylord Opryland Hotel.

The good news is it was well loved by players, but the bad news it was abandoned by the operator.

Regardless of the fact that the ramp and playfield were the blackest I've ever seen on a game, there was absolutely no track damage and the game was fully functional except the buck, which would not register a hit. It's a significant part of the game play, so that's unfortunate.

Oh yea, red shells.

20130720_154635.jpg20130720_154635.jpg 20130720_154741.jpg20130720_154741.jpg 20130720_154630.jpg20130720_154630.jpg

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

I am in. Big Buck Hunter did so well on locations for me, I had to buy one for my HUO collection. I was saving one for myself but made a deal with The Banker for my last new in box.

Man I wouldn't want to help you move one into that gameroom down those spiraling stairs.

(I know, I know, just being goofy!)

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Your pic looks yellow?

I figured there was at least one more.

From the factory or a distributor? I've heard of distributors doing this, but not Stern, but hey, when they were only making 1000 games per year, they had time to customize a bit

Nope after cleaning the smoke film that made them look yellow they are actually red. man it can take a beating. It cleaned up like a new pf....

#39 10 years ago

BBH is a pin that begs to be LED. What a change. Had Stern done this they could sold for much more.

#40 10 years ago

BBH 4 life!

#41 10 years ago

Still looking for one in the NorCal area.

Robert

2 months later
#42 10 years ago

Just got my BBH today .Happy Pappy great game has one problem ram kick isn't working . looks like the opto isn't working . this is my first new stern does this happen a lot .

1 month later
#43 10 years ago

How many BBHs were made? Never see them for sale......need to get mine finished

#44 10 years ago

I estimate 275 were made.

4 months later
#45 10 years ago

There had to be more then that.

#46 10 years ago

There is more as I have them from 4 diferent runs all with dates from 2010 to 2012

#47 10 years ago

I just bought one with yellow gun shells image-73.jpgimage-73.jpgimage-903.jpgimage-903.jpg

#48 10 years ago

If anybody around northern Wisconsin is thinking about changing up the line up, I'm looking to join the club.

#49 10 years ago

Pics of playfieldimage-857.jpgimage-857.jpgimage-461.jpgimage-461.jpgimage-586.jpgimage-586.jpgimage-629.jpgimage-629.jpg

#50 10 years ago

I need to add BBH to the redneck lineup.....

Have RS and looking for a FT too.....

Nice pics Tat!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
South Berwick, ME
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bbh-club-members-only and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.