Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0638 (resized).PNG
wpid-20150819__150820beervendorjump (resized).jpg
pa300003 (resized).jpeg
th_(resized).jpg
il_570xN.471889383_glo4_(resized).jpg
download_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 7 years ago

Already been made twice. It can easily happen again if there is money to be made and currently there is plenty of money to be made.

Quoted from wdpvideo:

I could see AFM for sure but not MB to much licensing issues/reinstatement. I think that game would cost too much money to be re-made. Especially by a pinball company (person) that doesn't really exist. Just because you hold a license for Williams doesn't mean your pinball manufacture. Nor does it mean that the licensing is still good. Plus, you're relying on everybody else to build your machines. Plus, they are going to take part of the pie. He will need to stick with generic titles. That don't have all the licensing issues. Like CCC, AFM and so on.

PPS has stated several times that they have the license to everything needed to remake MB.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 year later
#259 6 years ago

I think it is likely to get remade if the license can be figured out. I've heard they don't have the license rights. Even if it is remade I would not be a buyer at 8K. It's a cool game and a fun game for a little bit. The art is great but the game play is OK at best. Most people buying a remake will be moving them in less then a year at a loss. I enjoyed owning one for a little bit but it's not close to worth the money.

#261 6 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

It appears you are talking Monster Bash? (unless you mean BBB)
Monster Bash is the 4th highest rated game of all time, I think people know and have played the game over the last 20 years, and it wouldn't rate so high if it didn't have staying power. To say people will be liquidating them in a year at a loss is crazy talk. This is not a new game we are speculating about, but a tried and true game that everyone has already agreed is one of the best games ever made!

Not sure what you are talking about. I am talking about BBB which is what this thread is about. If the license can get figured out (I don't think Rick actually owns it based on what I've been told) it will certainly get remade. People will absolutely be selling them at a loss in a year. The gameplay is not going to be good enough to hold people attention and for it to be a keeper. Owning a BBB is cool, but it won't be as cool when there's 1000 of them and the game play just doesn't hold up.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Long Beach, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 209.00
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bbb-will-it-ever-be-remade-again?tu=jgentry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.