Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0638 (resized).PNG
wpid-20150819__150820beervendorjump (resized).jpg
pa300003 (resized).jpeg
th_(resized).jpg
il_570xN.471889383_glo4_(resized).jpg
download_(resized).jpg
There are 266 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 7 years ago

Ok I have heard rumors of this being remade again and hints in some posts about BBB's being up for sale due to this possibility etc, etc. I am curious, is this within the realm of possibilities? What would need to happen for this to come to light and is there anyone seriously considering this?

Added ?:
If it were to be remade, would you purchase one?

#2 7 years ago

LOL 'NO'

#3 7 years ago

I've heard it's certainly possible now with Rick owning the rights to it.
I thought the second game would have been CC as its low numbers make it extremely hard to get.

#4 7 years ago

Only in Ricks dream world. To keep someone from selling a game that he's not going to make a penny from.

#5 7 years ago

I would like to see BBB or Kingpin being remade. I think those those are better choices than AFM or MB. Of course this is selfish since I have AFM and MB already but I played Kingpin and it is a really fun game.

#6 7 years ago

I could see AFM for sure but not MB to much licensing issues/reinstatement. I think that game would cost too much money to be re-made. Especially by a pinball company (person) that doesn't really exist. Just because you hold a license for Williams doesn't mean your pinball manufacture. Nor does it mean that the licensing is still good. Plus, you're relying on everybody else to build your machines. Plus, they are going to take part of the pie. He will need to stick with generic titles. That don't have all the licensing issues. Like CCC, AFM and so on.

#7 7 years ago

Not even all the MMr's have been made and that's been like what 8 years now??

And now we're back to taking about a BBB remake...

#8 7 years ago

It's obscurity is appealing, if mass made, it would lose its attractiveness, IMO.

#9 7 years ago

Already been made twice. It can easily happen again if there is money to be made and currently there is plenty of money to be made.

Quoted from wdpvideo:

I could see AFM for sure but not MB to much licensing issues/reinstatement. I think that game would cost too much money to be re-made. Especially by a pinball company (person) that doesn't really exist. Just because you hold a license for Williams doesn't mean your pinball manufacture. Nor does it mean that the licensing is still good. Plus, you're relying on everybody else to build your machines. Plus, they are going to take part of the pie. He will need to stick with generic titles. That don't have all the licensing issues. Like CCC, AFM and so on.

PPS has stated several times that they have the license to everything needed to remake MB.

#10 7 years ago

Yes. I have heard Capcom is ready to re-open it's factory. Hard to pass up all the money people are throwing at these things these days.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

but not MB to much licensing issues/

Only one. Universal. And they are supposed to be easy to work with.

LTG : )

#12 7 years ago

I was in for the IPB King Pin remake and would still consider it if Rick can see it through!

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

is this within the realm of possibilities?

It is a miracle 183+ more were made. Hard to say.

Quoted from jokerpoker:

I've heard it's certainly possible now with Rick owning the rights to it.

If he does ?

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I was in for the IPB King Pin remake and would still consider it if Rick can see it through!

Maybe he can hire Gene to be on his quality control team.

#15 7 years ago

I think I heard the *crack the chip code* talk from him 3 or 4 times. Not knocking Gene as he did get a lot of product done.

#16 7 years ago

It is usually the BBB owners that scream no and all the reasons why it should not be. They paid a tidy sum and do not want to see 50-70% of their value vaporize. It is a fun game and much more rare than the 1000 CC that are out there. Whether Rick can get production going to jump on this uptick in popularity is to be seen.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yes. I have heard Capcom is ready to re-open it's factory. Hard to pass up all the money people are throwing at these things these days.

I heard this too....but starting with some pin called Long Duck Dong?

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

I heard this too....but starting with some pin called Long Duck Dong?

I'm all in! If there was ever anything iconic from the 80s it was the Dongster!

#19 7 years ago

Wasn't it already remade?

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Wasn't it already remade?

Technically, it was remade 2x, because Williams bought the rights to BBB and made a single game back in the 90s.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm all in! If there was ever anything iconic from the 80s it was the Dongster!

The Donger need food

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Technically, it was remade 2x, because Williams bought the rights to BBB and made a single game back in the 90s.

Did not know they made a pinball, but had produced a slot based on the the Big Bang Bar.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Did not know they made a pinball, but had produced a slot based on the the Big Bang Bar.

Yes, Williams was so excited about BBB that they actually bought the rights to produce the pin themselves.

BBB was a huge hit at the trade shows.

#24 7 years ago

Thinking back to early Expo years when they had auctions I recall seeing the Williams truck back up and 2 BBB unloaded along with a fully wired Indy Jones playfield and tons of other pin stuff. Now I do remember this being talked about Yes, Williams was so excited about BBB that they actually bought the rights to produce the pin themselves.

BBB was a huge hit at the trade shows.

I know I spent literally hours on those BBB at Expo and talking with the staff from Capcom pinball. That Particular Expo rocked!!

Thanks Vid for bringing that memory back!!

#25 7 years ago

I am very surprised nobody ever made a BBB conversion kit. Take an Airborne or a Breakshot, drop in a playfield, new side art and translite, a few ROMS, 1 extra PCB and a little bit of wiring and you have a BBB.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from Starwriter:

Take an Airborne or a Breakshot, drop in a playfield,

It might be a bit difficult on a Breakshot.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Why?

#28 7 years ago

Breakshot has a single level playfield that sits a couple inches below the glass like an old school game.

#29 7 years ago

Oh, so is the cabinet shorter top to bottom?

#30 7 years ago

I forget, but I think it probably is. It's got a real neat way to lift the playfield though. It's on nylon rollers. Capcom was building some quality stuff.

#31 7 years ago

And personally, besides the money it could be sold for, I'd rather have a Break Shot.

I may have to start looking for another one.

#32 7 years ago

No need for it. We've had 3 in the past 9 months for sale.
They exchange hands fairly regularly. If you want one, save your pennies!

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

No need for it. We've had 3 in the past 9 months for sale.
They exchange hands fairly regularly. If you want one, save your pennies!

Well if they could be remade and sold for a lot less -$8k for example. Then quite a few more people could justify the purchase then say the going rate of 15-20k.

#34 7 years ago

WMS Williams Big Bang Piggy Bankin Slot Machine For Sale Found this on you tube , not sure if this was the slot that WMS had ideas from the Capcom pinball Big Bang Bar or not.

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Well if they could be remade and sold for a lot less -$8k for example. Then quite a few more people could justify the purchase then say the going rate of 15-20k.

You've got almost 20 games on your want list that will surely be more affordable than this one. So why don't you go thru all those and by then you may know if BBB will be remade or not. Baby steps. I'd start looking for that SOF if I was you.

#36 7 years ago

I paid £10,000 for mine 4 years ago...

The way things are going if it does get re-made then it will be around that anyway!

Pinballs are going into a new generation with LED screens, etc

I would look forward to the future...

#37 7 years ago

I'd buy one, but not for anything over $8K

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You've got almost 20 games on your want list that will surely be more affordable than this one. So why don't you go thru all those and by then you may know if BBB will be remade or not. Baby steps. I'd start looking for that SOF if I was you.

True that I have lots of other wants but I owned BBB in the past and I want it back. I have heard speculation on a possible remake and was just curious if this was feasible or not. I need to update my wishlist as it has changed a bit, thanks for the reminder.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

True that I have lots of other wants but I owned BBB in the past and I want it back.

Then get your checkbook out because its going to cost you between $16,000 and 18,000...

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

PPS has stated several times that they have the license to everything needed to remake MB.

I'll believe it when I see it not hear the yap yap...

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I would be funny to see Breakshot prices if someone made a BBB conversion kit somehow. It's cheap but uncommon, so you have people destroying a game with a print run of 1000 to make more of game with a print run of 200. How many Breakshots need to be converted before it's worth $10,000

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

if someone made a BBB conversion kit somehow.

You'll need all the boards too. Breakshot has different ones in the head.

#43 7 years ago

Am I the only one who wouldn't buy one if they made remade them and sold for $5k?

#44 7 years ago

I didn't realize the rights to this machine have changed so many times. When/how did Williams and Rick come into play? Sorry if that's common knowledge around here - I was only familiar with Capcom and Gene's piece in the table's history.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If he does ?

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from rennervision:

When/how did Williams and Rick come into play?

It's a muddled mess. And I've never really seen proof one way or another.

Capcom made around 10 BBB's. Though a lot of their trademarks, patents, etc. may never have been finished.

Williams had two of the games, disassembled one and started making a BBB. In whitewood stage, no idea what the cabinet was. Williams board set in it. Lyman started programming it ? The disassembled one was bought with the other one and converted back into a Capcom BBB.

Gene bought eight pallets of Capcom parts that ended up in California and brought them back to Chicago. He did make 183+ BBB's.

Gene went bankrupt. PPS bought Gene's pinball stuff in bankruptcy court.

So only the people or companies involved know if Williams got as far as licensing BBB to make after Cactus Canyon? If Gene had the rights ? Or if now PPS has them ?

What ever. I just hope more get made so everybody that wants one can get one. I felt that way long before Gene made them, and still do.

#47 7 years ago

I might add, I hope PPS has the rights. I hope they remake BBB. And I hope they do KP for me, first.

#48 7 years ago

I have agreed to purchase an IPB BBB. I'm looking forward to it with no regrets. I've danced around one and walked away before. This time I am ready. I will enjoy it and see what happens.

I don't care if they remake it. Me saying they will or won't do it will have zero impact on what happens. It's a neat piece of pinball history. I'd like to have my turn with it. All of my pinball friends will get the benefit of me having it and get their chance to enjoy it as well.

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Am I the only one who wouldn't buy one if they made remade them and sold for $5k?

I'd be all over one for $5k

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I would buy it. I played the game at an event near us here in Banning some months ago and really liked it, was my favorite game at the show so at 5k I'd be all over it. Having said that it's so hard to know what to believe around here sometimes. There are so many remake threads made for so many tables that I can't sort out which are real and which are fakes that are posted by people in hopes of getting prices to come down.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 266 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bbb-will-it-ever-be-remade-again and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.