IMG_6027 (resized).JPG
IMG_0356 (resized).JPG
IMG_5965 (resized).JPG
19225052_10158868182065553_6362155509918839202_n (resized).jpg
34447765624_886b68dea7_o (resized).jpg
IMG_2587 (resized).JPG
IMG_3108 (resized).JPG
IMG_0669 (resized).JPG
There are 198 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 6 years ago

Any chance of a fourth round? Interested in one in green and purple.
Thanks
Al

#152 6 years ago
Quoted from Deadlander:

Any chance of a fourth round? Interested in one in green and purple.
Thanks
Al

Unfortunately these will no longer be offered. Thanks everyone.

#153 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Unfortunately these will no longer be offered. Thanks everyone.

I appreciate you taking these on. I love mine. Sorry others won't be able to enjoy too. But, things come to an end. Hope it's your choice and not a lawyer's.
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.ChrisHiblerPinball.com/Contact
http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#154 6 years ago
Quoted from indy5mike:

Mine is still showing preshipment. Will i get it?

Mine has been showing pre shipment since June 16th, hopefully that is normal?

#155 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Mine has been showing pre shipment since June 16th, hopefully that is normal?

Mine showed that for about a week. It's now on the way.

#156 6 years ago

OK quite a few PM’s and even some emails from people asking if I will order these behind Rick’s back. The answer to that question is that I will not.

This adventure has been about supplying a product for your gameroom for the fun of it. I love Neon and wanted to share something that I had made for my own personal use to spread that love of neon to others.

Rick called me and was nice on the phone and informed me that I was infringing upon his IP rights. He was respectful and if anything I reacted poorly in a knee jerk reaction kind of way. I'm unsure even if the signs violate any copywrite or falls into fair use. One thing Rick said that made sense to me is that I don’t which is true, so I won't be organizing anything unless it is legal. When I offered these I figured the rights were in limbo and nobody owned them but I didn’t really look into it or even really think about it. I was supplied with a link that Illinois Pinball has the copyright. Rick claimed to me over the phone that everyone knows that he bought the rights.

There is rumour that Illinois pinball only bought the rights to manufacture Capcom games for a limited amount of time. So maybe the rights rest with Capcom still, who knows.

I pulled the BeeR neon as well because possibly that might not be legal and infringe on the Simpsons rights? I really don’t know to be honest but I am not willing to take a chance for something that really is not worth it. I am not on here to get in a cross with anyone or involve my family in a legal battle. I have an original sign that I designed for myself coming and think would look great in a gameroom being sent to me now. I will make it available if there is demand.

Maybe someone in the Trademark/Copyright field can chime in here. Would the BeeR sign be infringing on anyones rights? I was going to offer up a Star Wars related sign but unsure if that is legal or not so unless I learn that it is ok I won't be pursuing it besides the one I had made for my personal use. I am no way going to fight with Disney, heck I like their parks and want to visit them LOL. I also am a fan of the Remakes of MMr, AFMr and future titles. Hopefully there is some insight into BBBr being made in the future. I hope there is.

So to everyone enjoy your LE BBB neon sign -Lew

2 weeks later
#157 6 years ago

Rick has never provided any proof that he owns the Capcom license. The "everybody knows" line is a bunch of BS. Prove it Rick, until then you're just spewing your caustic litigious attitude hurting the hobby.

#158 6 years ago

It looks great! Thanks for taking on this project.

IMG_9836 (resized).JPGIMG_9836 (resized).JPG

IMG_1435 (resized).JPGIMG_1435 (resized).JPG

#159 6 years ago

My USE THE FORCE sign. Pictures don't do the sign justice color wise.

IMG_0878 (resized).JPGIMG_0878 (resized).JPG

IMG_0881 (resized).JPGIMG_0881 (resized).JPG

IMG_0879 (resized).JPGIMG_0879 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#160 6 years ago

I finally mounted mine. Trimmed excess metal framing and did a direct mount with no chain, no wires exposed.

20170730_125121 (resized).jpg20170730_125121 (resized).jpg

#161 6 years ago

If someone would like a Purple and Green one, please contact me. I ended up buying another with the original colors to go with my BBB. I would sell it for what I paid plus shipping. Please PM me.

#162 6 years ago

Pm sent

#163 6 years ago

Sold pending payment.

#164 6 years ago

That's a shame you can't do these anymore. I have only just seen this thread.

1 month later
#165 6 years ago

Are these still for sale?

#167 6 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Are these still for sale?

Nope because Rick cried like a 2 year old that dropped their ice cream.

#168 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

..........BOOM!

#169 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Well that's a load of BS. If anyone wants to sell their purple green one I'd pay a good price. Jake

#170 6 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Well that's a load of BS. If anyone wants to sell their purple green one I'd pay a good price. Jake

Whats a good price. PM me if you would like.

#171 6 years ago

What were these selling for when available?
I actually ran across one at an antique / specialty mall local.
Just curious.

#172 6 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Just curious.

$150, Yes he's a pinsider on here that placed it in the antique mall. I believe he sold it though.

#173 6 years ago
#174 6 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

It looks great! Thanks for taking on this project.

If anyone has one in similar colors I would pay 2x what they paid to buy it. I was late to the party unfortunately. TIA.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#175 6 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

looking for green text and purple rings, If anyone has one in similar colors I would pay 2x what they paid to buy it. I was late to the party unfortunately. TIA.

#176 6 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Just curious.

That's really funny one of them made their way to a specialty mall...
Too bad I never saw this thread till now, but I want to commend Pinballlew for that fabulous work he's done and the wonderful neon he's provided the community! I am a fan of neon too and if I even see one of these floating around I'll sure buy it. I wasn't aware designing your own neon signs was so reasonable. I won't claim it's easy, but the prices were a lot better than I ever thought they were! Thanks for all your hard work and generosity towards the community!

On a side note: Has replacing broken neon tubes become more affordable??? I have one of those Budweiser guitars that has at least 5 broken tubes and I figured it would cost hundreds to fix. I have some other broken neon signs too...

#177 6 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

On a side note: Has replacing broken neon tubes become more affordable??? I have one of those Budweiser guitars that has at least 5 broken tubes and I figured it would cost hundreds to fix. I have some other broken neon signs too...

Take it to a neon sign shop and find out.

A lot of labor involved, so affordable probably doesn't enter into it.

LTG : )

#178 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

$150, Yes he's a pinsider on here that placed it in the antique mall. I believe he sold it though.

yep I have it now....just waiting on BBBrr or whatever they will call it.

#179 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Take it to a neon sign shop and find out.
A lot of labor involved, so affordable probably doesn't enter into it.

I don't know where to even find one?? Do they exist anymore??

#180 6 years ago

Do they exist anymore??

Phone book. Internet search for neon signs in your city.

https://www.yellowpages.com/saratoga-springs-ny/neon-repair

Try craigslist too.

#181 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Phone book. Internet search for neon signs in your city.
https://www.yellowpages.com/saratoga-springs-ny/neon-repair
Try craigslist too.

Thanks for the help! I didn't think the sign company would do repair work, but I guess they're the most sensible people to ask. I'll give 'em a shot!

#182 6 years ago

Thanks for the help! I didn't think the sign company would do repair work, but I guess they're the most sensible people to ask. I'll give 'em a shot!

Yes Lloyd has the right answer, like usual.

#183 6 years ago

Well, I missed the boat on this. I didn't think it would get shut down so quickly.

Anyone have an extra or decide they no longer want theirs please PM me.

#184 6 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

If anyone has one in similar colors I would pay 2x what they paid to buy it. I was late to the party unfortunately. TIA.

Wow, i would part with my never removed from the box for $300 plus shipping!

#185 6 years ago
Quoted from indy5mike:

Wow, i would part with my never removed from the box for $300 plus shipping!

Yeah, so would I. My only problem is if it gets broken during shipping getting the pieces to fix it.

#186 6 years ago

hAbo, I hope you find one. You own the actual machine and therefore, should have this sign.

#187 6 years ago

As mentioned, talk with a local shop and have one made. I found one near me and while not 150, it wasn't 400 either.

#188 6 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

As mentioned, talk with a local shop and have one made. I found one near me and while not 150, it wasn't 400 either.

and it will be with the regular sized tubes and, if you get the right shop, you can get a better power supply (transformer).

#189 6 years ago

Being in the sign business, nice neon work. And anyone who wants one for their own use. Take a good picture, call a local electrical sign company. Ask if they still have a neon plant, and if not they will know who in your area does. Then take the picture, and the size you want the piece to be, to the local sign company and they can give you a quote to build it. The smaller company's, that still have a neon plant, will be more affordable than the larger companies that focus on big signs. Same for repairs, find a smaller local sign company with a neon plant.

Oh, and regarding copyright, if you just have one made for your own use, unlikely anyone will chase you for copyright infringement.

#190 6 years ago

Well the activity in here has sparked lots of interest in this sign again and I have received quite a few PM's. instead of answering individually, I don't plan on handling anymore neon at the moment. It was quite a logistical nightmare that does take lots of time. It was enjoyable in lots of ways but also taxing in others. If you would like to have any neon made for your own use I would suggest what others have suggested by going to a local sign shop and having one made. I might decide to organize more neon signs in the future but as of now, As they say in Shark Tank....I'm Out.

2 weeks later
#191 6 years ago

Thanks to Player1 for selling his neon to me. Super easy to deal with.

Gorgeous by the way!

3 weeks later
#192 6 years ago

If anyone has a purple and green version that they think they want to part with send me a PM.

1f9b0146e9116c2572a7e535feeb3760a9baf932 (resized).jpg1f9b0146e9116c2572a7e535feeb3760a9baf932 (resized).jpg

4 months later
#194 6 years ago

Get in before the c&d

#195 6 years ago

24x20 that’s a monster!

7 months later
#196 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Well the activity in here has sparked lots of interest in this sign again and I have received quite a few PM's. instead of answering individually, I don't plan on handling anymore neon at the moment. It was quite a logistical nightmare that does take lots of time. It was enjoyable in lots of ways but also taxing in others. If you would like to have any neon made for your own use I would suggest what others have suggested by going to a local sign shop and having one made. I might decide to organize more neon signs in the future but as of now, As they say in Shark Tank....I'm Out.

They are all over ebay if anyone wants one.

20180310_113744 (resized).jpg20180310_113744 (resized).jpg
#197 5 years ago

Looks like China found out what the meaning of the sign was.
I bet after the seller didnt reorder they did some research.

#198 5 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Looks like China found out what the meaning of the sign was.
I bet after the seller didnt reorder they did some research.

yeah glad they did too. I didn't get in on this when offered and the ones that were willing to part with theirs wanted crazy money (like 3x what they paid). Glad I waited.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Youngstown, OH
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 45.00
$ 45.95
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 198 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bbb-neon-list/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.