(Topic ID: 43364)

BBB and TZ $500 each, scam ???????

By pinball_erie

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eryeal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from castlesteve:

This is what I truely don't understand.
Obviously, this is a scam. However, good prices do happen in the wild from time to time only to be spoiled by those who don't want good deals go to others. I've gone to purchase real machines many times before (priced actually well but not obviously low), but as soon as I got there, the seller was informed by a non-interested party that he should be asking for more money.
While you think that you are doing a good deed, it's really a cock-block in my opinion.

I have to agree - it's not railroading someone to give them exactly what they ask for. Now if you were to go there and tell her that the machines really aren't worth much, and offer $300 each - yeah, that's not right. But if you happen upon a yard sale and you see an antique that you like that you know is around $1k value, and it's priced at $20 - do you really instead of buying it for yourself, go up to the person and say they should be selling it at $1k? No, you don't. And if the person selling decided to not put any thought or research into things, or at minimum ask someone - then they have at least some personal responsibility there.

It's a completely different story, again, if you try and convince a widow to sell you stuff and tell her that the price you are giving her is a good one despite knowing the difference. It's another simply to buy something at what she is asking for it. The reason is because you can't draw a line in the sand - what if she asked $1k? Still incredibly low. $2k? $5k? At what point is it a low asking price that you would buy without saying you think it's too low?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 79.50
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eryeal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bbb-and-tz-500-each-scam?tu=eryeal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.