• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#2 6 years ago

seeing as there is no way to reply, yeah

#3 6 years ago

SCAM!!!

#4 6 years ago

Sounds fishy! Ask for phone number and location.

#6 6 years ago

I just wired them 1k cash!! I'm excited to get these games. What a bargain.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You had to ask ?
LTG : )

I know, I know........... Just seemed a little odd that a small town like Erie would have an ad from a little rural area with a population of maybe 3,000.

#9 6 years ago

You never know. I got my HOU TZ for $650 3 days ago.

The only crazy part is you send your day adding question marks to this thread instead of going to get robbed/deal of a lifetime

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You never know. I got my HOU TZ for $650 3 days ago.

You got ripped off, that was one of the Chinese fakes

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

You got ripped off, that was one of the Chinese fakes

Sure the lead content is high

#12 6 years ago

The ad looks legit to me. Then again, I received an e-mail and deposited $5K in the bank to open a joint account for a Nigerian prince so he could transfer millions of dollars into it and I'm still waiting for him to deposit anything.

#13 6 years ago

There is a big difference between a scam and a joke, and if you think this is a scam, then the
jokes on you!

#14 6 years ago

Real! I offered $850 for the pair. They took it! AND they're sending me $80,000,000 to hold for them! So there!

#15 6 years ago

It' s legit. I just contacted them, and I'm buying both. The others mentioned they might sell, I'm buying also for $500 each. MM and AFM!

LOL!

#16 6 years ago

I will be selling these in a couple days, with a slight mark up, for my troubles.

#17 6 years ago

I'm working on starting a price check thread for a HUO BBB right now.

#18 6 years ago

Did I ever tell anyone I paid $38 for my HUO TSPP?

#19 6 years ago

The funny part is there is a bidding war being posted after the add was run, followed by a guy telling the seller what they are really worth, 20,000 bucks. All listed as separate listings because there is no way to respond! These people think its real. What a joke!

#20 6 years ago

LOL saw this coming
erie.craigslist.org link

This guy was really trying to help this widow out he may go up to $1000 each
erie.craigslist.org link

This guy calls himself a "collector" but he sounds a bit like a douche bag
erie.craigslist.org link

And this young man must be a Pinsider
erie.craigslist.org link

#21 6 years ago

LMFAO!!!!!!!

#22 6 years ago

Love the last one lol !!

#23 6 years ago

That was really nice of the guy to offer to pay $1K to help the seller get a fair price for the machines. Stories like this remind me of how generous folks are in this day and age. Especially when you hear all the negative stuff on the news. God bless.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Did I ever tell anyone I paid $38 for my HUO TSPP?

You over paid.

#26 6 years ago

Send them your address, social, routing numbers, 401K info, Stocks and bonds, first born etc....

Obviously

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

LOL saw this coming
erie.craigslist.org link
This guy was really trying to help this widow out he may go up to $1000 each
erie.craigslist.org link
This guy calls himself a "collector" but he sounds a bit like a douche bag
erie.craigslist.org link
And this young man must be a Pinsider
erie.craigslist.org link

Thanks Concrete, I am that pinsider. What a group of pieces-o-shit if this story was real. I was the only one offering to help a widow and not railroad her, especially when she could really use the money !

#28 6 years ago

Ah ha I called it
Kudos to you pinball_erie your a good man!

#31 6 years ago

I picked up the pair. Talked him down on the BBB.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I picked up the pair. Talked him down on the BBB.

It was a guy in algeria. There was no widow or machines.

#33 6 years ago

I just bought a mint original Cactus Canyon from this old man in Nigeria. Ties to royal ancestors rule!

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from pinball_erie:

Thanks Concrete, I am that pinsider. What a group of pieces-o-shit if this story was real. I was the only one offering to help a widow and not railroad her, especially when she could really use the money !

This is what I truely don't understand.

Obviously, this is a scam. However, good prices do happen in the wild from time to time only to be spoiled by those who don't want good deals go to others. I've gone to purchase real machines many times before (priced actually well but not obviously low), but as soon as I got there, the seller was informed by a non-interested party that he should be asking for more money.

While you think that you are doing a good deed, it's really a cock-block in my opinion.

#35 6 years ago

These weren't listed in the local Youngstown/Girard Craigslist. Why not post locally first.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from castlesteve:

This is what I truely don't understand.
Obviously, this is a scam. However, good prices do happen in the wild from time to time only to be spoiled by those who don't want good deals go to others. I've gone to purchase real machines many times before (priced actually well but not obviously low), but as soon as I got there, the seller was informed by a non-interested party that he should be asking for more money.
While you think that you are doing a good deed, it's really a cock-block in my opinion.

I have to agree - it's not railroading someone to give them exactly what they ask for. Now if you were to go there and tell her that the machines really aren't worth much, and offer $300 each - yeah, that's not right. But if you happen upon a yard sale and you see an antique that you like that you know is around $1k value, and it's priced at $20 - do you really instead of buying it for yourself, go up to the person and say they should be selling it at $1k? No, you don't. And if the person selling decided to not put any thought or research into things, or at minimum ask someone - then they have at least some personal responsibility there.

It's a completely different story, again, if you try and convince a widow to sell you stuff and tell her that the price you are giving her is a good one despite knowing the difference. It's another simply to buy something at what she is asking for it. The reason is because you can't draw a line in the sand - what if she asked $1k? Still incredibly low. $2k? $5k? At what point is it a low asking price that you would buy without saying you think it's too low?

#37 6 years ago

Looks like the price police hit both ways on here.

#38 6 years ago

So.... so obviously trolled.

If you really want to troll it up good, you offer Tron LE for 2k but put JJP's phone number in the ad.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

So.... so obviously trolled.
If you really want to troll it up good, you offer TRON LE for 2k but put JJP's phone number in the ad.

Or Sterns...

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

At what point is it a low asking price that you would buy without saying you think it's too low?

If you get to the point of thinking on it.

You know what you should do.

Whether you do it or not can be one of those moments when you actually put a value on you.

When you look in the mirror, are you proud of the person you are. Or would you sell yourself out for less ?

Choose.

LTG : )

1 week later
#41 6 years ago

What an AHOLE statement to say that someone shouldn't help out an old widow. I'm sure the people around you are of great moral character.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside