You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

NASCAR_&_Baywatch.jpg
Baywatch__.jpg
Baywatch_.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Have a chance to either pick up a Xenon or a Baywatch pin. Both in decent shape, but not collector quality. Xenon is listed at $700 and Baywatch is listed at $1100. Hoping I'll be able to talk them down a little. Only have a Simpsons Party in my collection now but have some money burning a hole in my pocket and want to pick up a second pin for around this price range. ANY feedback would be appreciated!

#2 11 years ago

Both are Fun Pins , but Baywatch is Better .. Hell , Buy them Both !!! I've owned Baywatch 3-times now .. Has Alot of shot's and 3 video modes .. Just make sure the DMD is in Good condition .. Thats a $ 400 item .. Tha Banker has my Last 1

Baywatch_.jpgBaywatch_.jpg Baywatch__.jpgBaywatch__.jpg NASCAR_&_Baywatch.jpgNASCAR_&_Baywatch.jpg

#3 11 years ago

Black Rose--- As Xenon has a better rating in most pin sites, including pinsides, do you feel that as far as Xenon's rating is concerned it gets a lot of credit for being nastaligic verse actual playability?

I'm looking for something thats going to hold my attention and want to keep playing verse look at and reflect on my childhood.

Or anyone's opinion.......

#4 11 years ago

Just sold my restoration xenon. Very simple gameplay but FANTASTIC art package. That's why it gets the rating.

#5 11 years ago

Interesting video review of Xenon. If you still want the game after seeing the review, buy it.

#6 11 years ago

I haven't had a chance to play either game, but I figured I'd mention that those are taylor34's games. He's a great guy and you should have no reservations about buying from him. I bought my first game from him, and several others. I guess you could say he's partly responsible for my pinball madness. I haven't had a chance to make it to his place to play them and it looks like I may not before they are gone.

#7 11 years ago

Stangbat___ DId you ever get that Funhouse up and running..?

If I understand you correctly the actual games listed on Craigslist in our area or both owned by Taylor34? Thats awesome! Save me only one trip.! I sent emails to both listings.

Don't want to sell that funhouse do you?? lol

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from Bally4022:

Stangbat___ DId you ever get that Funhouse up and running..?

Still working on Funhouse. I hoped to have it in Pizza West by next weekend but that isn't looking good at this point.

Yes, both games are taylor34's. I think he also has a Frank Thomas Big Hurt (if it hasn't sold).

#9 11 years ago

Definitely go for Baywatch, as long as that big DMD is OK. It's a surprisignly fun game, even if you can't stand the theme (which I do). I totally love the mini-flipper with the shark fin on top of it.

Later,
EV

#10 11 years ago

When Funhouse has ran its course on location and in the home collection, ... Keep me in mind when / if it goes on the market.. I can officially say I've caught the bug!!

#11 11 years ago

Baywatch in a small collection, Xenon in a large one.

#12 11 years ago

Yep, both games are mine. Neither are lookers (mine both have cosmetic issues), lol, but the prices on them tries to reflect that. I think Baywatch is a much better game than Xenon personally, but if you like early 80's games Xenon is one of those 'must have' games for that era. The Baywatch DMD on mine is 'ok' but not great, in some scenes in looks perfectly normal (like the first video mode) and then others where the dots are dimmer the display gets fainter. Not perfect but at the same time I don't think that there's any real danger in home use of going out anytime soon. I really wanted to keep the Baywatch longer but I really need to clear some space in my garage, I frankly don't even have time to play the games in my basement right now let alone the ones in my garage. Baywatch is definitely tough though, a lot harder than I thought it was going to be.

#13 11 years ago

Definitely Baywatch, lots of fun, the "theme" is more beach/girls when actually playing. Lots of fun video modes, and I like the fact that when you are in a mode, all of the other "rewards" are shut down so you are only getting points when you hit targets, etc that are part of that mode.

Xenon looks boring personally.......

-Nate

#14 11 years ago

Baywatch by a mile.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.00
$ 22.50
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-vs-xenon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.