• Jurassic Park 33 votes
    46%
  • Baywatch 34 votes
    47%
  • Other 5 votes
    7%

(72 votes)

#1 6 years ago

Interested in some opinions on these games. Other games in my collection include secret service and maverick(love drop targets) and Dirty Harry

#2 6 years ago

I'd go JP. it's a very solid game based on a very solid PL layout.
Baywatch has "more" stuff but that doesn't mean it's more fun. You get a lot for your monies and the cheese factor isn't bad, but it's just not as good as JP for me.

#3 6 years ago

I would go baywatch but that is just me. I could never get into jp but that is just me. Some do.

#4 6 years ago

I have both. I prefer the JP theme and call outs. Baywatch has more to do. I also like how the modes don't all start with the same shot in Baywatch. I'd recommend buying whatever you can find a better deal on.

#5 6 years ago

I much prefer Baywatch. One of the best bang for the buck pins out there.

#6 6 years ago

I would say Baywatch until you realize you have a Baywatch Pinball machine in your house, the hoss' face looking at you and the wife asking how many thousands did this cost us? Then you wake up and realize you bought the jp all along and all was well until you get bored of it and the cycle continues!

#7 6 years ago

TFTC over JP first

#8 6 years ago

Baywatch is a better shooting pin and harder game to beat than JP.

However, JP theme is hands down better than Baywatch, and the new improved code is excellent. It doesn't get the love that Addams Family does, but it is very similar.

JP for the win.

#9 6 years ago

I don't think you can go wrong with either one really.

#10 6 years ago

It depends which Jurrasic Park you mean.
If it is the Sega version (which I'm assuming your talking about) then i would pick Baywatch any day. I have never really liked that Jurrasic Park.

If however you are talking about the Data East Version i would say they are both great games. It would be a tough call for me but i would still pick Baywatch.....then find a JP as well!

#11 6 years ago

Baywatch, hands-down. Much more interesting shot layout, much more interesting ruleset. Feature-rich, one of the best from Data East/Sega at that time.

#12 6 years ago

Baywatch has girly bits which I like best.

#13 6 years ago

I got JP when I got my NGG around 2002. Person I bought NGG from had JP and gave me a really good price to take the JP too. I figured I could at least make my money back on the JP if I sold it which I did after a month or so. If I knew the price of pins would go up so much I would have kept it LOL. It was a cool pin but didn't compare to NGG or TOM and one of them had to go.

Its a bit of a shame as I have kids now and they probably would have loved that pin. For playing I'd probably get the baywatch, although I'd go TFTC as someone else mentioned over both of these.

#14 6 years ago

Baywatch with the updated code makes it a MUCH improved game. To me, JP has that Data East "feel" - something about the DE games that just feel a bit less solid or something. Both are fun though and I'd rather keep Baywatch.

#15 6 years ago

Baywatch is so much better in all areas.

I guess the one thing JP has going for it is the neat toy dino, but that just gets old and slows down the game after the novelty wears off.

#16 6 years ago

I own both games and really enjoy them but i think I would go with Jurassic Park because of the theme.

#17 6 years ago

I have a brand new alternate translite for Baywatch if you own one and don't like seeing the Hoff.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-brand-new-alternate-translite#post-4197030

#18 6 years ago

Get the Chad h code for JP and it solves the mode order issue and some other good stuff.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Get the Chad h code for JP and it solves the mode order issue and some other good stuff.

Get the ChadH code for Baywatch and have a blast playing it!

#20 6 years ago

Thanks for all the feedback. Poll is a dead heat 18 votes for each.

Any new input appreciated.

#21 6 years ago

They are both good games. I like the JP theme personally so I would probably go for that one.

#22 6 years ago

I don’t have any time on jp, but I thought Baywach was one of the most underrated games around. Good rule set, lots of shots and cheesy theme.

#23 6 years ago

Baywatch wasn't my favorite show but the game is deep and flows well. Challenging! Still have to update the code, darnit.

#24 6 years ago

Both are great, but I have Baywatch in the basement.

#25 6 years ago

Just looking at some of the mods for JP, I kind of wish I still had that one,the mods are pretty cool. Do you have kids? kids would love JP, otherwise I'd probably go baywatch.

#26 6 years ago

I’m trying to find a Baywatch. I hate JP in every way possible. Sure, everyone likes Dinosaurs but anyone who thinks JP is a good pinball game, must be playing it with the game muted and never look at the dots. The sound is so awful in so many ways and the dots are uninspired and lame. Cool, a dinosaur ate my ball. Lame toys on top of lame artwork that ads nothing to the gameplay. Zzzz... I would tell you how I really feel but am trying to be nice.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

...must be playing it with the game muted ... The sound is so awful in so many ways ....

Yeah just say "It's a DE"

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from stlmo:

Thanks for all the feedback. Poll is a dead heat 18 votes for each.
Any new input appreciated.

Go with the one you like more. Basing your decision on what others like, may not end up being the best match for you.

#29 6 years ago

Nice to see the world has finally woken up to realize BW is such a great game!

#30 6 years ago

JP was one of my favorite pins as a kid and I have a bunch of nostalgia for the memories I have playing it on route. It is a solid game, but I enjoy other DE titles like Tommy and LAH much more. Most DMD DE games have a very similar set of modes/progression and I think LAH/Tommy have better layouts/mechanics for the DE rulesheet.

Baywatch, with no nostalgia (to this day I haven’t seen a single episode of the show) attached, is my favorite pinball of all time and would be the last to leave my collection. The way you start modes is interesting (and there are a ton of them) and it flows really well. The metal wire forms are enormous and are very smooth returning the ball to the left inlane.

There’s new code from ChadH I can’t wait to try and not one but two color solutions for the large DMD (one out currently and the other is in development).

If you can look past the theme or embrace the cheese, Baywatch offers you an enormous amount of entertainment for very little cash. Get one before the rest of the unwashed masses figure out its a great game!

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Nice to see the world has finally woken up to realize BW is such a great game!

10K by Christmas

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

If you can look past the theme

I always see people say this. I am not sure why?

The theme is really great. The show was spectacular in its time. I remember being a kid and running out when the opening song came on to see the hot babes running down the beach. Hoff is a worldwide superstar and entertaining. The theme is relate-able to anyone that has ever been on a beach or likes looking at hot people. The 80s nostalgia is great. Even if you dont know the show, the general theme is just life gaurds on a beach saving people (very wholesome).

Put it all together and the theme integration is really good.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I don’t have any time on jp, but I thought Baywach was one of the most underrated games around. Good rule set, lots of shots and cheesy theme.

Same here. Cheesy themes can be a lot of fun. The whole beach thing with sharks, the Hoff, boats, and cute girls in swimsuits is just great. Although, if I was serious about buying one I would want to get more plays. Some games are a lot of fun for a short while but get old fast. Sometimes it's the other way around where a game is just so-so until you learn how to play then it's great.

#34 6 years ago

owned both and they're both great. I'd say maybe go Baywatch? Some deals still to be had on that title.
Sell Maverick and buy both.

#35 6 years ago

If it was re-themed a Coast Guard rescue or generic lifeguard rescue theme, I bet it would be more popular.

But I'd prefer to keep it Baywatch I think it has some charm about it. Plus Hasselhoff provided terrific callouts and I think it's a great example of what a actor's callouts should sound like.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

But I'd prefer to keep it Baywatch I think it has some charm about it. Plus Hasselhoff provided terrific callouts and I think it's a great example of what a actor's callouts should sound like.

Plus, Kevin Martin is in the game! That's enough right there to make it better than JP.

#37 6 years ago

What a fun comparison! I've owned both and prefer JP. For me...the theme is better, although the girl animations on BW were always a plus Both games have great dots and animations. BW has more to do and it's a wide body if I remember correctly? Could be wrong there. BW is fun and campy as hell too.

#38 6 years ago

I'm going through this exact debate right now. If anyone near Ohio has either one for sale, PM me.

#39 6 years ago

Honestly, there are probably other games out there that would be better. The shadow is not too expensive and supposed to be very underrated and WCS 94 is the same price as these two games you are looking at. I personally hate the soccer theme but the game is a ton of fun if its working correctly. My 9 year old had such a blast playing it that I'd bring one in house if I had room for another pin.

#40 6 years ago

I've owned both at the same time. Baywatch is still in my game room. (And honestly may never leave) BAYWATCH!

#41 6 years ago

I own Shadow and have also owned WCS94 up until recently. Baywatch is more fun in my opinion than those.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-vs-jurassic-park?hl=robl45 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.