(Topic ID: 60532)

How many want a Shark Hole "Cliffy" for Baywatch?? Poll added...

By Pinball_Nate

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 69 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by alexanr1
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy a Cliffy for the Shark Hole?”

• I'd buy one 37 votes
    90%
  • I'd buy two 4 votes
    10%

(41 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A64A2408-6A97-4D40-BE50-09F22274D54F (resized).jpeg
15EF9A8C-D39D-4CD5-8285-CBA903CE5324 (resized).jpeg
502D98CC-1525-4F8F-A53D-949A4E4B684F (resized).jpeg
DSCN2416 (resized).JPG
DSCN2415 (resized).JPG
IMG_2886.jpg
IMG_2885.jpg
4.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
IMG_2818.jpg
IMG_2755.jpg
IMG_2660.jpg
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

I have Baywatch with a great playfield, every time the ball falls into the "shark hole" I get a shiver - I'd love a cliffy protector for this before it gets worn, anyone else???

Also, those with a more "banged up" playfield - does this indeed wear after a while??

-Nate

#2 10 years ago

I would absolutely get one.

#3 10 years ago

I just compared photos I had of my Baywatch from 2009 to recent photos (2013) and noticed no significant wear at the shark hole. There is some wear that occurred, however, behind the upper left flipper. When the upper right "shark flipper" automatically shoots for the shark hole, the ball often careens toward the upper left flipper (which I think also actuates automatically) and strikes the beveled wood behind the flipper. I don't think Cliffy could make a protector for that area.

#4 10 years ago

my shark hole has some chipping, it is about the only spot of wear on my game and would be great to protect it.

#5 10 years ago

I'll take one...

#6 10 years ago

Oh cliffy hear our prayers......

#7 10 years ago

maybe? i would like to see one? also would like to see pics of worn baywatch pf to see how they tend to wear. thx

#8 10 years ago

The playfield in my baywatch is near perfect except for minor wear on the shark hole. I can take a picture later if I remember to do so.

I would probably purchase a cliffy

#9 10 years ago

I will also shoot a pic. The cliffy god must be satisfied!!

#10 10 years ago

A pic would at least tell me what's going on and if there are potential mount points and obstructions. Then I need the game or a playfield...

#11 10 years ago

just done a shop and here are a few random shots I did take of the shark hole, does have a tricky bevell towards the flipper

IMG_2660.jpgIMG_2660.jpg IMG_2755.jpgIMG_2755.jpg IMG_2818.jpgIMG_2818.jpg

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

does have a tricky bevel towards the flipper

I'm sure Cliffy will appreciate the challenge! I'm in for one too. Mine only has the slightest wear, but the rest of the game is minty (must be from all the breath mints those toothy lifeguards use)!

#13 10 years ago

Here's some pics, some from the backside, and then on the front - man lookit the waxy shine on her!!!

1.jpg1.jpg 2.jpg2.jpg 3.jpg3.jpg 4.jpg4.jpg

#14 10 years ago

here are 2 more to help the cause

IMG_2885.jpgIMG_2885.jpg IMG_2886.jpgIMG_2886.jpg

#15 10 years ago

My BW playfield is absolutely floorless...except for chips to the shark hole! Lock me in for a cliffy if it happens.

#16 10 years ago

My brother has a Baywatch (that will eventually come to my house). Put us down for one.

Thanks,
EV

#17 10 years ago

Ok, Cliffy - we have enough interest here??? Hope the photos helped!!

#18 10 years ago

Sign me up.

#19 10 years ago

I do remember being asked about this one a loooong time ago. That funky routing is a killah.
We may be able to use a clip on for the front edge only ala TZ gumball or TAF vault. Really wish I had access to a playfield!

#20 10 years ago

I'll take one

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

I do remember being asked about this one a loooong time ago. That funky routing is a killah.
We may be able to use a clip on for the front edge only ala TZ gumball or TAF vault. Really wish I had access to a playfield!

Cool that you're giving it some thought at least Cliffy! Appreciated!

#22 10 years ago

Ok, can anyone in Cliffy's neck of the woods have him over for a look at your Baywatch?

Also, I believe that weird "deviation" in the otherwise "squareness" of the shark hole is meant to help the ball fall into it when fired automatically by the shark flip. Barring this (it really doesn't seem to make a whole lot of difference/help) could you just make a simple square instead, ignoring that right-hand "trough?"

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

could you just make a simple square instead, ignoring that right-hand "trough?"

Hmmmm. I doubt it Nate. They built that in for a reason whether it's obvious what it is or not

#24 10 years ago

on a few ocassions I have had during a multiball get caught behind the upper left flipper and with a flick of the flipper the ball rolls into the shark hole, so the scallop helps..

maybe the cliffy could follow the vertical profile but narrow down to suit the reduced height and just have a slight thin lip on the front entry ????

1 month later
#25 10 years ago

Check out the right-hand side, behind the upper left flipper.......could the cliffy go beneath the playfield and anchored by the vuk scoop itself (slipped in to the loosened bolt area where the vuk tightens into the backside of the pf??

Or, clipped around the back of the metal scoop portion?

Is there a way to trace a template for you to use if no-one near you has a pf?

2 weeks later
#26 10 years ago

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I would order a Cliffy for Baywatch. Hope someone can provide him with a game to take a look at it.

#27 10 years ago

I don't even own the game yet, and I want one.

#28 10 years ago

I'd order one

#29 10 years ago

I'm still "bugging" him - trying to figure out how to supply a template - stay tuned!!

-Nate

#30 10 years ago

I'll take one.

#31 10 years ago

Anything to protect Pammy's PFDs. I'm in.

7 months later
#32 9 years ago

I would definitely take one as well if it ever happens!

1 week later
#33 9 years ago

Update: this has totally stalled, I've been in contact with Cliffy but he seems hard to keep contact with - I guess he's super busy - Cliffy has all the measurements but I've yet to hear about any progress. There certainly is enough interest!!

-Nate

3 weeks later
#34 9 years ago

Pamela and the Hoff beg Cliffy: Please start working - we need protection! I wonder if it ever will happen?
Plenty of interest.

#35 9 years ago

BioBa, I know, I'm VERY frustrated with Cliffy - I had been sending measurements and talking with him, but all of a sudden this has stopped, no contact - if anyone knows Cliffy could they mention this to him????
It may be that newer games demand his attention first?

Sorry guys, I'm on it - but "the other side" isn't..........

4 months later
#36 9 years ago

Bumping this thread, I actually sent Cliffy all the specs from my game, but haven't heard anything for months.....just pm'd him to see if he's still wanting to work on this. I added a poll, so maybe if he sees how many would pre-purchase that would give him more of a reason to get to work on this.

Thanks for voting!!!

#37 9 years ago

Bump, bump - need those votes!

It actually looks like a cliffy could be made to attach overtop of the existing screw holes for the actual VUK hardware - where it screws into the pf from beneath......

Or, mounted around the holes to the left of the shark hole based on the pic loaded by Swinks - that's the area I focused on initially when making measurements.

#38 9 years ago

I have a NOS pf I can easily use for test fitting or whatever is needed...

just LMK and happy to help

#39 9 years ago

Where's the poll option for "Do not want one"?

I own a nice Baywatch and don't think I'd buy a Cliffy for the shark hole. I wouldn't want one there because I feel it could alter shots like the shark flip or stop balls from dropping in.

Had a cliffy that came installed on my TFTC and I removed it because it prevented some balls from making it the hole. Just installed Cliffys on Frankenstein and I notice that fewer balls fall into the Geneva hole when trickling down from the left side out of the pops.

But hey, if a Cliffy gets made then great for the people who do want it.

#40 9 years ago

Hey PoMC this is a highly-biased poll - mainly to tally up what I took to be a whole lot of enthusiasm for the cliffy - I think it will be made, am already working with "the man" on it. I don't think a Cliffy would cause trouble, that hole is wide enough, and there are not many "random" balls that would fall in there - if they did - I don't think you score anything anyways?........

That Shark Flip is a pretty "dead on" shot on mine............

1 week later
#41 9 years ago

I'd buy one

11 months later
#42 8 years ago

Reviving this one... any word on the possibility of this?

1 month later
#43 8 years ago

Maffewl, was working with Cliffy providing specs and measurements and got a reply a while back that I read as "don't pester me, I'm still thinking about it" from him.........soooo............I dunno what's happening. May be a good idea to write Cliffy about it so that he sees there is still interest.

-Nate

#44 8 years ago

I made my own cliffy from the one I removed from my kiss scoop I will add a picture whe I get home looks great ad very functional

#45 8 years ago

Really? That would be interesting to see - if we can just purchase a pre-made that'd be fine with me..........is this one that Cliffy sells?

#46 8 years ago

I'd buy one

3 weeks later
#47 8 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I made my own cliffy from the one I removed from my kiss scoop I will add a picture whe I get home looks great ad very functional

Still waiting for the picture?

#48 8 years ago

Yes, still waiting for the photo from rockrand.....................

#49 8 years ago

Sorry guys,I am in fla and will be home on the 21 of the month and will get pictures,I love this game

#50 8 years ago

Enjoy the warm weather!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Boards
PinSound

$ 22.50
$ 24.00
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 259.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-shark-hole-cliffy-how-many-want-one and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.