8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_1.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sciddleybop1980.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Hi guys.
Picked up a BW on Saturday (I know, I know!!) I was told it had a random slam tilt problem, however had not manifested itself for a long time.
I've probably put 30 plays on it since then, all good.

Then tonight of all the times!! When I get to earthquake mode for the first time, it slam tilts me!! Aaggghhhh. Frustrating.

Now obviously at this time, there are 5 balls in play and and many switches were activating. Although I'm 99.9% sure in all the melee, I hadn't hit the tower yet

So!! Any advice greatly appreciated. I have seen those videos where it try's to explain the theory of tracing a phantom switch with a bad diode, however my head turned to pink mist trying to comprehend it!!

Many thanks in advance

Gaz

#4 8 years ago

Thanks All. Especially you tenacious

I've reinstated the wiring with a new diode so hopefully it'll fix it. I fear it was butchered to stop the slam tilt fault in the first place!!

Still, stuck 2.8 billion on it and got earthquake mode with no dramas yesterday.
image_1.jpgimage_1.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

3 months later
#5 8 years ago

Hey guys
Thought id post this here as heads up incase anyone suffers the same.
I bought my BW a couple of months ago with a ghosting slam tilt.
Like most ghost switches, I assumed it would be a bad diode. I tried tirelessly to identify the bad diode but to no avail. When I tried to recreate the circumstances of it in switch test, I couldn't. However activating certain switch combos (mostly around the flipper switches/ sling shots and lower right plunger) i managed to ghost switches on the standup targets and VUK and coin slots. In my desperation I tried changing random diodes on those switches and each time would move the ghosting to another switch!!!
In the end I gave up and called in the expert. He was also stumped. But then he noticed I had a brand new flipper board (inside the left side of the cabinet) so we removed it and took it too my mates who luckily had a BW. We installed the board in his game and hey presto the ghosting switches followed to his game.
So the aftermarket boards seem to have a glitch in them.
We pulled a couple of wires off one of the connectors (I'll get back to you on which ones) and this stopped all of the ghosting.
I could never have foreseen that a brand new board would be the culprit.
So if you have bizarre ghosting switches and you're scratching your head, it could be the flipper board.
I'm not sure how many companies manufacture that board or if it's unique to mine? Not even sure where it was purchased from but just a heads up.
"You did all you could"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 259.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sciddleybop1980.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-random-slam-tilt?tu=Sciddleybop1980 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.