Baywatch questions

By jbp8653

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Hello all! I just started in this hobby and I am really enjoying it. So far I have a really nice SST and Corvette pin. Today I purchased a Sega Baywatch. I have 2 questions. How do you adjust the volumn on this pin? Second, while I was trying it out at previous owners house it played really well. After i got it home and did some cleaning and changed some bulbs it now makes a pulsing noise that I am pretty sure is coming from the large solenoid thats right buy the area where the balls are initially launched. It just seems to keep on cycling. Makes this noise then eventually stops. When ball drains it will start doing it again. Did I mess something up while changing bulbs? It wasnt doing this at previous owners house. Thanks for the help!

#2 11 years ago

Speaker volume is in the cabinet. It is a long metal rod just turn it up or down .

#3 11 years ago

Hard to tell from the description. Where in Tampa? I am in the Northwest area.

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

Speaker volume is in the cabinet. It is a long metal rod just turn it up or down .

It's sticking up from the power switch box.

#5 11 years ago

Yes that's the one. I just got a Baywatch last Saturday. Welcome to the club.

#6 11 years ago

Huh, interesting. Have a Baywatch as well and haven't ever heard that sound. Do you have 5 balls in the machine?

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

Yes that's the one. I just got a Baywatch last Saturday. Welcome to the club.

Yep, Got me a Baywatch and Jurassic park last Saturday as well.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Huh, interesting. Have a Baywatch as well and haven't ever heard that sound. Do you have 5 balls in the machine?

Yes, 5 balls. Its that big solinoid clicking on and off for what seems like way too long. Its located right side by door right by opening for balls to go to play field

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from WannaTheater:

Hard to tell from the description. Where in Tampa? I am in the Northwest area.

Gibsonton, On the Alafia River

#10 11 years ago

Is this the vertical solenoid that feeds balls to the shooter lane or the actual shooter solenoid that launches them? If it's the vertical feed solenoid you will need to pull your opto boards attached to the ball feed trough and reflow the solder joints on the connector pins. I would also suggest enlarging the hole in the trough the opto beam passes through to make it twice as large. I did both of these things and the problem disappeared for me.

#11 11 years ago

Or just clean them first...

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from vcloverjr:

Yep, Got me a Baywatch and Jurassic Park last Saturday as well.

I have the same two in my collection, along with a getaway. Nice small collection I think, although thinking about trading the JP.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Is this the vertical solenoid that feeds balls to the shooter lane or the actual shooter solenoid that launches them? If it's the vertical feed solenoid you will need to pull your opto boards attached to the ball feed trough and reflow the solder joints on the connector pins. I would also suggest enlarging the hole in the trough the opto beam passes through to make it twice as large. I did both of these things and the problem disappeared for me.

Crash is right on here. Same exact problem you describe, fixed be re-soldering the joints on the opto boards.

#14 11 years ago

Optos are nice when used in the right situations. Otherwise they're a huge pain to deal with because high vibration plays a number on them.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

I have the same two in my collection, along with a getaway. Nice small collection I think, although thinking about trading the JP.

How long have you had your JP?

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from vcloverjr:

How long have you had your JP?

Oh, a couple months now. Have it all cleaned up and working very well. The cabinet is excellent and the playfield is pretty nice too, couple spots, but not bad.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.00
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 22.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 24.00
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-questions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.