New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 172888)

*SOLD* Baywatch - pricing in the DC, Va, MD area

By Mk1Mod0

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Mk1Mod0
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I have a friend in the DC area who is downsizing and has a Sega Baywatch to be sold off. "Good condition but the video board seems to be out." He's not a pinhead and I know nothing about DMD games. Just looking for a heads up on a reasonable price fixed or unrepaired and maybe advice on a local tech to fix it? Thanks in advance. Any advice will be helpful.

Shawn

#2 4 years ago

Ill see if I can get some pics tomorrow.

#3 4 years ago

These seem to be going for around $2k in decent shape, but the range can be pretty wide. For lower quality games, figure $1500, higher quality $2k or higher.

The dmd not working is a pretty big deal as they are hard to find and can be as much as $600 IF you can find one. I don't think they can be fixed very easily unless it's something simple like a blown fuse or bad connection somewhere.

#4 4 years ago

The over sized DMD appears to be unobtainium. This will hurt the sale price a ton! I think your friend would be extremely lucky getting 1k for it as is. Which is sad because this is a great game that is very under-rated.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from Dynadan:

The over sized DMD appears to be unobtainium. This will hurt the sale price a ton! I think your friend would be extremely lucky getting 1k for it as is. Which is sad because this is a great game that is very under-rated.

There are options for the dmd....

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from Dynadan:

Large display is available at Pinball Life and others are making colored displays of this size.

#7 4 years ago

Thanks for the input, guys. It's all helpful.

#8 4 years ago

Great game but the DMD is critical! because it is a pricey replacement.

#9 4 years ago

Never selling mine

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcadebrothers:

Great game but the DMD is critical! because it is a pricey replacement.

There are now 2 (maybe 3) options and it can be replaced for under $300 now-a-days.

#11 4 years ago

Machine is sold. Thanks to everyone who offered.

#13 4 years ago

Not my place to say, but I think both sides are happy. The DMD was good, the board was bad.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 21.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aurora, CO
€ 339.00
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 50.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside