(Topic ID: 253874)

Baywatch Not Booting After DMD Swap

By Grandnational007

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

So I swapped out my dmd that had some lines out for a known good one. With the new one in, the game won’t boot, and it sounds like there is a faint “chirping” noise coming from the dmd itself. If I swap back to the old dmd, game fires right up.

Any ideas folks? The only difference is the old dmd is a vishay Dale and the new one is just labeled as vishay...

#2 4 years ago

This dmd worked in another Baywatch last week, as far as I know (I just acquired it); could there be a bad cap or something on the dmd itself?

I’m pretty sure the game can’t make it out of initial check, hence the repeated “chirping” from the dmd upon power up.

Reseated all the roms, and nothing.

Swapping back to the old dmd, and everything is fine...

Definitely a head scratcher for me.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-not-booting-after-dmd-swap?hl=grandnational007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.