Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG-5554 (resized).jpg
IMG-5582 (resized).jpg
IMG-5583 (resized).jpg
B6A1B86A-1D32-4303-9C64-F3A21C988AC7 (resized).jpeg
Baywatch backbox (resized).jpg
Baywatch playfield (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dubofsky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Baywatch assistance requested!!!
I have a Baywatch and half of the backbox lights (right side, facing game) are out, and all of the feature lights, except for the independently controlled Lite Shark and Lite Orbit lights. GI lights working. We checked the fuses, and reset all of the edge connectors (even though we didn’t know which one was associated with the problem we had). There are no broken lights. Can some please provide some insight - and I acknowledge there may be two different independent problems I have to work. This is an absolutely beautiful, very low use HUO game (278 plays) - all original including the batteries (not corroded, and will be replaced) and original non-LED lights. Thank you for your help!

Baywatch backbox (resized).jpgBaywatch backbox (resized).jpgBaywatch playfield (resized).jpgBaywatch playfield (resized).jpg
#7 3 years ago

Thank you all that responded.

The J5 on the Printed Power Board did have a burnt connector, just as Chad said to look for. In fact, the edge connector pulled the straight pin out of the circuit board when we disconnected the connector. Not pretty. Do you have recommendations for the repair? I really haven't done anything like this before, but am willing to try.

Again, thanks for all who responded!

#11 3 years ago

I've got the board out, and the pictures show the damage. If I were to try this myself, would you suggest removing the entire receptacle from the back of the circuit board? Do I replace the entire Molex (or just cut the Molex and add a new two-pin part Molex)? How do you remove the melted plastic from the top surface of the circuit board? Do you see any damage to the traces?

Again, you guys are great! Thanks for getting me this far!

IMG-5554 (resized).jpgIMG-5554 (resized).jpgIMG-5582 (resized).jpgIMG-5582 (resized).jpgIMG-5583 (resized).jpgIMG-5583 (resized).jpg
#15 3 years ago

Awesome - thank you to everybody for your advice! I will update you on how it progresses.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 24.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dubofsky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-lights-out-please-help?tu=Dubofsky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.