IMG198.jpg
IMG197.jpg
IMG196.jpg
IMG195.jpg
IMG194.jpg
IMG193.jpg
IMG192.jpg

#1 9 years ago

Hi all. I did an inexpensive mod to my Baywatch. Thought I would share it in case anyone was interested. Basically I added a light under the beach house to illuminate the ramp since it was always dark. I added another light on a wireform pointing at the beach house. Both came out better than I expected and the are is well lit now! In addition...lol...days ago I seen some Mattel Baywatch Hot wheels toys on Ebay for $20. Well, I went and looked on Amazon after. Found the same kit of (5) for $5 plus $4 cheap shipping. Ordered it immediately for the price! It said I would receive in 10-14 days. Funny part is on Christmas day, 2 days after ordering, they were delivered to my door...Christmas was a Sunday as we all know...strange that I received them that day after choosing the cheapest shipping method and eta date not for 10-14 days later. Anyway, I used some clear sillicone on the wheels and placed them around the playfield. They can be easily removed and go back to stock since the sillicone just peels off. If I get bored with the placement I can always pull them and move them around somewhere different. These are all high quality heavy die cast metal HotWheels. Very durable and not cheesy looking like some plastic stuff out there. The Baywatch logo is clear and very well done on each vehicle. Including the helicopter!

I am real happy with what I did so far and the cost for all of it was less than $15 total. Here are some photos to see how it looks!

Happy Holidays,

PB Dad

IMG192.jpg IMG193.jpg IMG194.jpg IMG195.jpg IMG196.jpg IMG197.jpg

#2 9 years ago

I could not get all 8 photos the first time uploading. I will try to reply here with the two that are missing.

IMG198.jpg IMG199.jpg

#3 9 years ago

perhaps you can buy a plastic figurine of The Hoff and put his head under the back wheel

#4 9 years ago

Excuse me. Not all of us can afford top pins like I guess you have in your collection. I was excited to post here with my small contribution and my mod. Not nearly excited anymore since the first response just had to...just had to...just had to be negative and basically erase the excitement I had.

I know your type. Could have posted a positive reply or if not wanting to, then nothing at all. Instead you chose the negative route.

Happy holidays to you too!

#5 9 years ago

I love this game. Recently picked up a mint one. Ill check out your mod when I get home (using my cell phone, so its hard to see what u did )

Jon

#6 9 years ago

When responding, you should always quote the original post. It looks like he edited it and it makes you look like you over reacted.

I like your light mods, I think they look good. I'm not crazy about the toys but if you're happy with it that's all that counts. Thanks for sharing though, weather people like it or not isn't important, but sharing the info is.

Quoted from Pinballdad:

Excuse me. Not all of us can afford top pins like I guess you have in your collection. I was excited to post here with my small contribution and my mod. Not nearly excited anymore since the first response just had to...just had to...just had to be negative and basically erase the excitement I had.

I know your type. Could have posted a positive reply or if not wanting to, then nothing at all. Instead you chose the negative route.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballdad:

no offence to you. I actually think your mod is cool, just my type of humor. I can remove\ edit the comment if you want?

#8 9 years ago

I like seeing people post about something that isn't the same old game for once. Never played a Baywatch, I want to though - complex playfield. Not sure I'd have put all the cars on there as that's really not my thing, but the hut lighting is a good solid idea.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from jimjam:

Pinballdad said:Excuse me. Not all of us can afford top pins like I guess you have in your collection. I was excited to post here with my small contribution and my mod. Not nearly excited anymore since the first response just had to...just had to...just had to be negative and basically erase the excitement I had.
no offence to you. I actually think your mod is cool, just my type of humor. I can remove\ edit the comment if you want?

It's all good. Maybe I should have slowed down and read your post with a sense of humor at hand. To be honest...at the same time I have been reading, for hours, about the little girl Aliahna Lemmon. She was killed in Fort Wayne, IN. I have been in a somewhat sad mood for hours...including the time of my response. What a shame for that little girl Totally not fair!

Thanks everyone for appreciating what I did even if it is not your gig. I understand that...that's why I was careful to use a mounting/affixing method that would not damage anything. Just in case a potential future new owner would not like it

Happy Holidays friends! Jim Jam were cool!

#10 9 years ago

replying to posts can be hard to keep in tune with others, now that I read my reply again I can see why you become upset, my post was out-of-line and irrelevant. Enjoy your machine looks like a nice example from the playfield shots , I have never seen one in person.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from jimjam:

replying to posts can be hard to keep in tune with others

I agree jimjam. Hey thanks for monitoring and replying back. We are good bud. This is just one of those silly cyber text mix-ups. We all know the kind. Reading text is so hard to connect with the person who type it since they are not in front of you and no facial features or voice tones can be understood. I am chuckling along with your comment now. It is funny btw! It is really nice for folks like us and others here to handle things like this in such a civil and adult manner. Gotta love it! This forum is the best! I wish all things/conflicts in life could be resolved in such a nice/mild manner!!!

#12 9 years ago

From an aesthetic standpoint, the lighting in the beach shack, the helicopter, and the ambulance work. You might try the heli on the higher wire ramp like its looking for someone. The beach buggy isn't really close enough to the other colors - and is creating a LOT of visual tension by looking like it's going to fall - I would take that out or put it somewhere else. The two cars by the flippers don't work as well visually because they are "in" the water on the playfield drawing. Little Jetskis mounted on the plastic over the slingshots might work better, and detract less from the ball in play.

You can dye plastic. It's pretty cool. Not sure you would want to do it to these toys, but FYI.

You take RIT dye ($2) (watch your eyes) and dump it in a plastic bin ($4) full of super hot water in your bathtub. Then dunk your plastic toys, bike seats (big in the bmx community), snowboard bindings, whatever while the water is scalding hot and leave for 15-20 minutes. Like, if you did it properly, you could dye that copter all light orange, for instance.

#13 9 years ago

Nice looking mods. I wouldn't go with a Hoff figurine myself, I'd find a Pam Anderson to put in the Jeep!

#14 9 years ago

Very clever mods.

#15 9 years ago

I like the lights. Not a huge fan of the vehicles though. They look a little cartoon-y. Here's the heli mod I stole from dnhayden. Diecast model. I found a nice waverunner I might put up there near where you have the ATV on the "Matt" ramp.

IMG_0248.jpg IMG_0247.jpg IMG_0246.jpg

#16 9 years ago

I like the big helicopter. That fits in so well to the PF. Is this the same one I read in a forum here about having a motor to drive the blades too? I was very interested in that thread but thought, at the time, it was way over my head to follow or add to...trying to figure out how to add a motor to an existing circuit that is.

Nice mod!

#17 9 years ago

That's the one. It's actually running in that picture, which is why you can't see the blades. Currently it's just connected to the aux power outlet in the cab with a wall wart. Still need to figure out how to integrate it into the game so it's not constantly running, right now I just leave it disconnected and I think it looks great.

Here's that jetski model. About 3" long. Should fit on top of the clear plastic area above the "Matt" ramp (to the right of the watchtower).

ebay.com link: Bombardier Sea Doo Gtx 4 Tec Diecast Jet Ski Model

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside