You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0021 (resized).JPG
IMG_0022 (resized).JPG
IMG_0020 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

Hey all, I had an issue with the 24VDC relay on my power board. The problem before I fixed it was there was a piece broken inside and the GI was flashing with the flashers. SO, i just replaced the relay. Plugged the bugger back in and voila, the part was changed but the problem was not repaired. The relay is quite loud as I can hear it clicking away. I have a video and some pics of my repair. Any help beyond what I have done would be great, thanks so much in advance.

It's violently loud on my eyes!

#2 6 years ago

My relay swap. Looks clean and decent

IMG_0020 (resized).JPGIMG_0020 (resized).JPG

IMG_0022 (resized).JPGIMG_0022 (resized).JPG

IMG_0021 (resized).JPGIMG_0021 (resized).JPG

#3 6 years ago

Anything?

#4 6 years ago

Not your problem, but you've got a few solder joints that should be touched up. Top left one for example.

I think the flashing GI is normal for Baywatch. See the video below (although his playfield flashers appear to be out).

Notice in your video how when just one flash lamp goes off you only get some lights in the backbox going off. That's because DE split the backbox GI into 8 channels to get that effect with the flashlamps.

#5 6 years ago

OMG man, so the first few months of me having Baywatch the original relay was effed and I didn't know it because I liked that was it worked, ha! There was an actual broken piece in side, a contact broke. So, I fixed it to a point that I hate it, LOL. I am going to adjust my flashers level, I can't remember where I have it now.
Thanks for posting that though, helps tons seeing that its "normal" to have the GI flashing like that

#6 6 years ago

Yeah it's an interesting effect. I keep my game room at old timey bar lighting levels and it was way too jarring.

4 months later
#7 6 years ago

So, trying to resurrect this.......after playing this for a bit and basically haven't been indoors all summer to mess with my pins. I have got to the realization that my Baywatch has my G.I going off way too much and almost always flashing with my flashers. Its horrible. During my solder job, I wonder of I ended up shorting two of my posts from the new relay together where I soldered it?? Ill fire off another video

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 259.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-gi-power-board-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.