Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by dem_bones
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

One of the objectives in Baywatch is to spell G-U-A-R-D by making a series of shots. When you make one of the lettered shots you trigger a foxy lifeguard animation on the DMD that lets you know you are on your way to spelling guard. The letters also stay illuminated on the playfield. Well, when I make the shot for "R" I don't get the DMD animation and R does not stay illuminated on the playfield. There, however, is a slight water whoosh sound.

I did a switch test using the diagnostics portal. The switch (#28 right ramp) is working.

I tested the diode on the switch and that seems to be working fine.

I resoldered the CN8 and CN10 pins on the CPU board.

I tested the Q48 - Q55 transistors and they seem to be fine.

Another clue in some sort of switch matrix error may be that the game sometimes awards me 1 locked ball without actually making the lock ball shot - meaning it recognizes my first locked ball as the second.

Anyone have any ideas what I should try next?

Thanks in advance for any help.

#2 8 years ago

There are 2 switches for the right ramp. One at the entrance to tourist season and another at the rear bend exiting into the wire form. To award the G they both must be working else if only the tourist season one work it thinks you drained back out or down the ironman ramp. If you only register the back switch it will award an ironman letter.

Does ironman work on your machine? If not it sounds like the rear switch needs to be fixed.

The game also awards an additional ball lock on your third ball. Either lock one or two if you'd already locked a ball before ball 3.

Hope this helps you diagnose the issue.

#3 8 years ago

^This. In order for the "R" to work, the switch at at the entrance to tourist season must activate and deactivate, then the switch at the back of the ramp after the ramps merge and curve (in that sequence). As for the ball lock, it automatically gives one locked ball once you've drained (if set to default).

1 week later
#4 7 years ago

thanks so much for the reply. it is really appreciated. i actually figured this out by watching someone else on youtube play... and realized ironman wasn't working either. it was that second switch not working. once i got it sorted out everything was good to go. also, i did not know about the lock ball awards, so thanks for clearing that up.

what a really fun game. i'm loving it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 22.50
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 259.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-g-u-a-r-d?hl=ieathands and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.