Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-559.jpg
image-867.jpg
image-944.jpg
image-260.jpg
image.jpg
#1 8 years ago

So I have a really nice cosmetically Baywatch, but it's just about clean pi**ed me off for the last time. I'm just done chasing problems on this and I know someone else might have patience and time to spend on it.

All bulbs have been replaced with LED's. Sound is great, can play through a game easily minus the issues below.

Here's the issues that I have yet to fix.

* CPU board needs a fuse hack job replaced. Easy fix, just not very good with soldering.
* VKU doesn't work automatically. It will fire the ball after about 5 seconds of sitting in the launcher.
* Shooting arm coil either needs to be replaced or the rail needs to be adjusted. It's not firing up the rail.
* Needs adjustment or a weak coil on the area where the ball comes up from the tray. Ball is just not getting up to the rail.
* Start button needs to be fixed. It is not making a contact, but will if you hold reach in and push it towards the button on the outside.
* comes with the LCD color screen. Needs vertical adjustment on the screen to fit.

So I need some help on a value to move it fast, but not give it away. I might just entertain the idea of tearing it down and parting it out.

I'd appreciate the help!

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#2 8 years ago

To bad you not closer id be interested . But ive seen and passed on all working nice ones for 1250 -1500 in the past 3 months . Not sure if that helps but im guessing you cld get 1k or maybe a little more bc of the lcd. Do u have the original working dmd?

#3 8 years ago

$14-1500. 2k with no issues

#4 8 years ago

I bought a very nice one 100% working with a Polk sub for $1400 about a year ago.

#5 8 years ago

1400-1800 easy

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

To bad you not closer id be interested . But ive seen and passed on all working nice ones for 1250 -1500 in the past 3 months . Not sure if that helps but im guessing you cld get 1k or maybe a little more bc of the lcd. Do u have the original working dmd?

This game is worth more than 1250...you should gave bought it. You would have been pleasantly surprised. I am on my second one in 4 years-won't get rid of this one

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from MAJRob:

This game is worth more than 1250...you should gave bought it. You would have been pleasantly surprised. I am on my second one in 4 years-won't get rid of this one

Ive played it plenty he asked for a price and I just mentioned what ive come across and turned down .its a good playing pin but its still baywatch and a sega .

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

its a good playing pin but its still Baywatch and a sega .

Everyone has their opinion

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from MAJRob:

True but theres a reason it only sells for what it does which is 1400 to 1750 in good working order which is y I said the op cld get 1 -1250 with the issues and we only have a few not so good pics to go off of

#10 8 years ago

Well fortunately the parts that need fixing are not heavy lifting issues that cost lots of cash. Already had 3 folks ask me to tear it down and sell parts, so it's a valuable machine in my mind that people love it, it is a blast to play and the parts needed are not out there and when you can find them...hold onto your wallet.

I have it out there for $1,450 as a minimum to offer for it and I think that's fair knowing that it just needs a good few tweaks and it's worth way much more than that.

Someone is gonna get a heck of a machine.

#11 8 years ago

There's plenty of pics over in the market post....

#12 8 years ago

$1,350 now and need to get it out and make room for another one coming in! If it doesn't move soon send me your parts needed...it's gonna get torn down!

#13 8 years ago

All my thumbs down but looks like I was right?

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

The only thumbs down in this thread should be the idea of parting out a game that's 99% working due to being inflexible on price.

If the game were closer, I'd make an offer on the game "complete" aside from the lcd, lcd controller, display controller, sound board, MPU, and driver board (ie, PROC and System11 driver board ready).

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

The only thumbs down in this thread should be the idea of parting out a game that's 99% working due to being inflexible on price.

exactly, there is very little reason to part out a nice baywatch that has super minor issues. I implore the OP to wait a little longer. What really happens when you part a game out? Maybe a few parts get claimed quickly and then you are left with what 75% of a game sitting there?

I mean its your game, so do what you want, just think it would be better off staying whole.

#16 8 years ago

<bloikquote cite="#2538865">The only thumbs down in this thread should be the idea of parting out a game that's 99% working due to being inflexible on price.
If the game were closer, I'd make an offer on the game "complete" aside from the lcd, lcd controller, display controller, sound board, MPU, and driver board (ie, PROC and System11 driver board ready).

Yea Id take it on also but agree parting out a nice pin just to get more money is kinda crappie. Unfortunately tho it happens to alot of pin that cld be easily fixed

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

I never said I was inflexible on the price. I had it sold and then the cost of shipping it was too much for the buyer to swallow. Guess he was in the sticks or something. Anyway...it's back up there for someone to snatch up. I just need this game gone ASAP!

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Right in what way?

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

exactly, there is very little reason to part out a nice Baywatch that has super minor issues. I implore the OP to wait a little longer. What really happens when you part a game out? Maybe a few parts get claimed quickly and then you are left with what 75% of a game sitting there?
I mean its your game, so do what you want, just think it would be better off staying whole.

I agree keeping it whole, but this game has driven me bat s**t crazy and every time I see it I want to take it out to my field and just burn it. I KNOW for a fact it's more than 99% operational and needs minor adjustments, but I'm just done with it. Say what you want about the game, my thoughts about the future of it, etc but for the prices these sell at and the fact that I am flexible on the price I don't see why I'm way off base here.

Not starting a flame war or trying to, but I have had 4 folks reach out to me with a parts list already so I don't know how far off I am from tossing around the idea of parting it out. At least I can guarantee that the game works and the parts being pulled off are good.

Happy Sunday everyone!

#20 8 years ago

If you dont mind doing terminal to Terminal shipping i may be interested if my pin deals today don't work out. PM me if you are comfortable with that type of shipping.

Chris

#21 8 years ago

I put it back up on the market board since the buyer fell through and will start it at taking offers at $1,000 to show that I'm flexible.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from MAJRob:

Agree with you, it's an opinion. In "my" opinion, it's a well designed game with lots of features and shots. I think it was the best Sega game released. It's downside is the giant picture of the Hoff. Besides that, it's very underrated.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from dgoodspeed:

I agree keeping it whole, but this game has driven me bat s**t crazy and every time I see it I want to take it out to my field and just burn it. I KNOW for a fact it's more than 99% operational and needs minor adjustments, but I'm just done with it. Say what you want about the game, my thoughts about the future of it, etc but for the prices these sell at and the fact that I am flexible on the price I don't see why I'm way off base here.
Not starting a flame war or trying to, but I have had 4 folks reach out to me with a parts list already so I don't know how far off I am from tossing around the idea of parting it out. At least I can guarantee that the game works and the parts being pulled off are good.
Happy Sunday everyone!

Hope you don't part it out. It looks to be a fine machine and just needs someone with deeper troubleshooting experience with Sega machines.

#24 8 years ago

I'm sorry I used the word inflexible. That's not really fair at all, especially since you've already dropped the price and it's not like I've made you and offer.

Baywatch has a strong cult following, but is probably a little hard to move if you can't get the timing right for someone looking to get into that cult when you're moving one.

I was sitting on a hurricane for a while that I was in too deep on and when I was ready to move on, I have to admit, parting it out was extremely tempting! Unlike hurricane, though, people actually like playing Baywatch. That should work in your favor.

Anyway, best of luck. I'm keeping my big mouth shut from here on in this thread!

#25 8 years ago

Your $1000-1350 range is probably right on for this title. I think you'll sell it for that easily! You may be in an area with less pinheads, so the sale just may take a littler longer than some on this site.

Don't part it out; parting out is way more a pain in the ass than you'd guess.

If you do part out, you'll get the first $500 worth of parts sold quickly, sell a couple hundred over the course of several months, and then have to dispose of a cabinet and probably many other perfectly usable parts. You'll end up with less money and way more headache, most likely.

#26 8 years ago

SOLD!

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

I'm sorry I used the word inflexible. That's not really fair at all, especially since you've already dropped the price and it's not like I've made you and offer.
Baywatch has a strong cult following, but is probably a little hard to move if you can't get the timing right for someone looking to get into that cult when you're moving one.
I was sitting on a Hurricane for a while that I was in too deep on and when I was ready to move on, I have to admit, parting it out was extremely tempting! Unlike Hurricane, though, people actually like playing Baywatch. That should work in your favor.
Anyway, best of luck. I'm keeping my big mouth shut from here on in this thread!

No need to apologize! It's all good! Thanks to everyone!

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from MAJRob:

BW never leaves our home either. Underated. Tons of shots, great vid modes...most important it pleases young kids more than any other pin I throw at them! I love making kids laugh and smile! The dolphin and shark sound effects grab hours of giggles every time!!!

#29 8 years ago

Congrats

#30 8 years ago

Alright! Every pinhead in the state of OK should have been beating down your door with that price, glad you sold it.

#31 8 years ago

In my opinion bw is a great game. When I was first offered one I literally laughed out loud and passed. Never liked the show. For some reason not long after that I looked it up and discovered that maybe this game was worth looking at. I ended up buying one from a great pinsider and never looked back or regretted my decision. Imho opinion bw is one if not the best sega for the home environment. It may not be the best in terms of stepping up and having that adrenaline rush type game where you fly through all the multiballs and modes in one sitting like a lotta segas and you've done everything there is to do. No not at all like that...bw is a game you can enjoy over the long haul. Tons of shots, tons of modes that make me feel like I'm interacting with the machine and saving people in some of the rescue modes. Imho modes all feel different instead of like a Lotta games where the modes are so similar. Bw seems to be in high demand in coastal areas for obvious reasons. Me personally.......never sell mine for the prices mentioned here, not even the high end prices. Pinside lists it's value at 2100 to 2400. Yes I'll keep smiling and when I look up from the playfield I'll look to the left instead of the right and it'll be ok. for others just pretend bw stands for bally williams and you'll be ok too.

1 month later
#32 8 years ago

I'm glad you didn't tear it down. Sorry it didn't work out for you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.00
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.00
$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-fsneed-help-in-value and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.