IMG_4651 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4759 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4749 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4744 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4745 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2255 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4661 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2886 5 years ago

Joined the club today, picked up a project. Will need a good cleaning but seems to be mostly working.

The plastic above the drops is broken, are replacements available anywhere without buying a whole set?

Has anyone LEDed theirs with warm or cool white LEDs? I'll probably do the GI and maybe the inserts (DE/Sega inserts always seem to be dim...), but not sure which color would look better overall.

#2894 5 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

I used ice blues and cyans. Most people will not like it but I do.[quoted image]

Quoted from maffewl:

Warm white. Color match inserts.

Quoted from PinRob:

Cool white GI, color match inserts where possible

I'm not a fan of color matching in GI or inserts My GI connectors are cooked so I can't throw some in to test yet either

Do either of you with the cool/warm white have any pictures?

Quoted from northerndude:

LMAO, ya beat me to it!!!
If your smart, you'll but the previous unobtanium Z "boat plastic" also
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1026-bright-lights-pinball/02039-baywatch-boat-plastic-z-plastic

Thanks! my boat plastic in intact, but I'll probably order the drop plastic. Has anyone gotten these? Are they good quality? I've gotten a few 'replacement' plastics that look like they were printed on paper and then glued together or stuff like that

1 week later
#2906 4 years ago

Finally got mine all cleaned up and working. Ended up with a mix of warm and cool white in the GI. Need to get some LEDs for some of the inserts that were too dim still.

My one lingering issue though is that, during Tidal Wave mode, if I shoot the left orbit, the one way gate at the top right of the playfield doesn't open until after the ball has already bounced off of it. Orbit switch seems to register fine... Anyone seen this? The gate works fine when doing the skillshot... Not aware of any other times it's used

#2909 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Maybe you need chad code rom update? Check that maybe?

I have it

1 week later
#2934 4 years ago

I just finished mine. I used mostly comet 2 smd frosted warm white for the GI, a bit of cool white over near the shark flipper. 1smd non-ghosting clear insert color matched for the inserts, with bendy ones for all the side mounted

Be warned that if you LED your GI it'll be a seizure any time you activate squid pops. Trying to find a way to tone the flashing down...

#2938 4 years ago

They're on most older games. I've seen them described as plastic holders or to prevent the ball from getting stuck in weird places

#2944 4 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Mezelmods sells "splints" for this purpose but they may only fit Stern stand ups. You may be able to adapt the idea to apply it here though.

I wondered about those... How are the Stern stand ups different?

Has anyone tried these on baywatch?

#2951 4 years ago
Quoted from Rocketrob:

im almost ready to order LEDs from comet and just placed a order for some other items flipper rebuild kit and new flipper bands. I think next year i might send this machine out for a full tear down and cleaning.

this one isn't actually too bad! a friend and I had mine completely torn down, cleaned, rebuilt, and reassembled in under 5 hours. Everything was very straightforward, no need for pictures much.

#2954 4 years ago
Quoted from Rocketrob:

so i started combing over other issues i need to fix since i got this as a working project.... take alook at these pics is normal for wires to be soldered directly to the fuse holders like this.... . also can someone send me a pic of the power board there looks to be a broken connector and someone peeled the coating off the wire and just pressed it in there..... im nor sure what all doesnt work with this machine but everything seems to be working.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That should all be in a connector. The GI commonly melts down. I replaced all my GI connectors and headers with new trifurcon pins.

Quoted from littlecammi:

But be careful when cleaning. Scrub too hard and you may end up with a whitewood.

Not on this you won't... DE PFs clean up great and are super durable. I had some giant gouges in mine where the shark flipper had been dragging on the PF and it cleaned up perfect with just a bit of novus 2

#2956 4 years ago
Quoted from Rocketrob:

Is there a list of which style of bulbs are in which location without me having to go under the playfield and look and right down all them......

Not per location, but there's totals of each type in the manual. You can tell what each light is by the under playfield diagram.

1 month later
#2985 4 years ago

If you disable the trap door you'll get lock and mode advancement

#2991 4 years ago

I'd also love an option to never spot locks, but light all three locks when a bank is completed

2 weeks later
#2999 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I'd consider sunlight on a colorful game like this. I prefer it over the cool, personally.

I went with warm on mine and it looked pretty good. Cool felt a bit harsh on all the yellows

#3004 4 years ago

Weird, I had mine set at like 1 and sometimes it was still too early.

My shark kicker was 100% once I took it out, filled in the holes, and remounted it. Plus a new sleeve.

#3006 4 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

Holes? Huh?
As to the second part, if you're talking about the kicker out of the shark hole scoop, mine is almost too powerful, haha. It kicks the ball out FAST into the upper relight laser kick target, then usually bounces back across down the out lane about half the time, using up the laser kick or draining. You really have to anticipate the kick and nudge hard right when it ejects to safely avoid it. Might have to bend the scoop slightly...

Mounting holes. I'm talking about the kicker on the right though.

My shark did that too, but I thought it was nice how it'd usually relight the kickback. It has a ball save so even if it goes down the outlane you won't lose the ball

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 22.50
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 259.00
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only?tu=zacaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.