IMG_9109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8294 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8292 (resized).jpeg
20231226_091120 (resized).jpg
Baywatch (resized).jpg
IMG_0416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6100 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thrillhousejames.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3722 3 years ago

Just picked up a Baywatch machine and I'm loving it. Plays well, but my wireforms have some corrosion. Does anyone have a recommendation as to how to clean it off? The wireforms look coated, so I'm not sure how to go about removing the corrosion without harming the finish

1 week later
#3734 3 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion of Never Dull/steel wool, started making the wireforms all nice and clean and hope to finish it up soon. I am running into a weird issue though if anyone has some insight.

When I finish Shark Cove mode, the sound will freeze and stay locked until I power cycle the game. You can continue playing the game normally, but there will be no callouts or music. I have not noticed it happen in any other mode as of yet. I have a new set of ribbon cables on the way, but in my head it seems like the ROM may be corrupted since it seems to happen only on one mode. Anyone else run into this?

#3736 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

No, haven’t had it happen. but do you have chad code or original?
If you need a rom I would suggest Matt’s basement, did right by me nicely.

Happens on Chad code and stock 3.0 code.

4 months later
#3895 2 years ago

Has anyone else had this issue? Right flipper button gets stuck on the launch coil bracket. Previous owner had a hacked up coil bracket. that fixed the problem but had a bit too much electrical tape for my taste. Was there an unusual flipper button used here? Seems like it's bound to do this no matter what with the correct coil bracket

20210526_133557 (resized).jpg20210526_133557 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#3953 2 years ago

My BW is on location and I have had to replace the shooter lane switch every 2 weeks, so I had an engineer bud whip up a bracket to mount the switch onto as it being on the coil is a pretty poor design. Had to bend the rollover switch in a weird way but it works great! We can print more if anyone is interested, would expect it to be about 15 shipped to USA.

20210725_161716 (resized).jpg20210725_161716 (resized).jpg
#3955 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I’m interested because mine is on location snd I’ve had issues too.

Sent ya a message

1 week later
#3976 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

I am honored to have inspired you! Your Shark targets look great and that hammerhead mod is sweet!
My last gremlin to kill is why my lower flippers occasionally stop working. It may be flipper switch related since when I clean them they work fine for a while, but then during game play they will come and go. I'm using Rottendog universal flipper boards and am sure that the dip switches are set correctly. The manual's troubleshooting guide says to check the ground (black wires) connection on the switches, which check out fine.
Anyone have any ideas?

I've had a lot of issues with EOS switches on Data East and Sega machines of the era. The flipper opening the switch can bend it overtime and it will be open even though it visually looks closed, resulting in lower flippers not working. Replacement EOS are HORRIBLE about this, I've had them fail within 50 flips and require frequent adjustment to get just right. You can test by giving the EOS switch a little squeeze during a moment when the flipper is not working, can do it through the coin door with the glass on

2 months later
#4097 2 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Hi Guys,
i am having issues with my shooterlane switch. It frequently fails. I own the game for about 10 month and already replaced this switch 5 times.
Today I replaced it twice in a row... The last switch survived about 2 month until it failed today. I replaced it, just to find out it broke 2 games later again...
I tried different parts from different vendors, just to be sure I haven't received faulty parts. But no luck...
A few pages ago some Pinsiders were mentioning similar problems. What is the solution? I want to finally fix it, without having to replace it every few weeks...
My game also started having issues with my automatic Shark Flip. It flips, but misses the ball every time. Like the delay is too long. I tried different "Shark Flipper Control" adjustments. But no matter how i set it, 0-98 the delay is always the same like the adjustment does no longer take any affect. The ball either rolls past the flipper or it only hits it wit the tip.
I replaced the switch just to be sure, but still the same behavior. Also a factory reset by removing the batteries didn't help.
Anyone has an idea what to check next?
Tanks in advance.
[quoted image]

I posted a fix for this on page 80 of the thread

2 months later
#4180 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

I suddenly have a loud hum coming from my right speaker, like too loud to keep the pin on.
Any thoughts on the issue and how to fix it?

I had to redo the connector on my sound board to fix this issue, ground connection was poor. I've seen some talk of people "floating" their sound boards in the backbox to reduce Data East/Sega hum as well

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thrillhousejames.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only?tu=thrillhousejames and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.