IMG_4651 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4759 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4749 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4744 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4745 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2255 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4661 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taygeta.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#81 9 years ago

It is good to be back in the club. Should never have sold the first one.
10623402_10152275644557331_2273412606548104944_o.jpg10623402_10152275644557331_2273412606548104944_o.jpg

2 months later
#84 9 years ago

Any update on those trying to get Cliffy to make a protector for the shark scoop?

Also anyone know where to start looking for this problem? The gate entrance for the tower shot registers the center ramp. So when I make the tower shot im getting 2 characters/registering for 2 modes instead of one. The center ramp doesn't revister shots to it, but makes the trap door open for the tower beside it.

1 week later
#96 9 years ago
Quoted from goalzzz:

Going to pick up a BW this week, can anyone tell me if the cabinet height (legs off, head folded) is about the same as other cabinets? Or is the backbox deeper because of the larger dmd?
I manage to squeeze newer Sterns like Tron and POTC and Sega's like SST and LiS into my stationwagon, but I thought I read somewhere that these cabinets were a bit different.
These Sega machines have all different design backboxes.

My Previous pin hauler (Honda Fit) was a very tight fit for all pins, but it could hold all style heads for Segas (Large DMD, Showcase, Standard and that hideous thing for Godzilla/Sharkey's Shootout).

If your car can fit Sterns it should be fine with a Baywatch.

11 months later
#420 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Verified HUO would like bring around 4000, but that is a small but different market and collector than most. I love the game and would probably pay around 2700 for a perfect example. Reality is around 2500 to the general population id guess.
Would love to see pics

Baywatch being my 2nd favorite pin, I would pay $3700 for a true HUO, immaculate example. I'm likely in the minority and most wouldn't pay close to $3000, however.

3 weeks later
#461 8 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Anyone know the approximate weight of a populated Baywatch playfield? I have a bike mounting system (harbor freight, block and tackle) mounted to the ceiling of my garage that I am thinking about using to help in removing the playfield, then place on the rotisserie. It says to not exceed 44 pounds (though I don't know how much of a "hard" limit that is). Any thoughts?
Ps... This is my first time removing a playfield, so if there is an easier way, your advice is welcome.

I don't know the approximate weight, but after removing the PF to Baywatch once, it definitely is over 60lbs I would imagine. All the wire forms and mechanisms make it damn heavy.

1 year later
#852 7 years ago

Must have!

And there's revised BW code coming? Be still my beating heart.

1 month later
#913 7 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Trying out some flipper bat decals

What type of slingshot rubbers are those? The bright red looks really nice on BW

1 week later
#920 6 years ago

Gotta go Sega Salmon for the flippers baby

IMG_3312 (resized).JPGIMG_3312 (resized).JPG

#923 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Where did you find salmon. I got one from bayarea but cant find them in stock now...

I believe that's where I got mine (either that or PinballLife), but it was about 2 years ago when I ordered them, don't know if they're available anymore. They really stand out and go with the PF art well. Wish they had made the shark mini flipper in this color as well.

2 months later
#1040 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

As always, I am open to suggestions.

Possible to earn Extra Ball after completing Chopper Rescue and remove it from Diver Trapped? Diver Trapped is pretty easy while Chopper is the hardest mode in the game, feel like the extra ball should come from the more difficult mode.

1 month later
#1087 6 years ago

My BW has developed an issue, was wondering if anyone had run into this before-

Upon game start, the coils of the game (pops, autoplunger etc) are firing when the flashers should be instead.

Any idea where to start?

4 weeks later
#1129 6 years ago
Quoted from Rappelbox:

still far from public release... but i couldn't wait any longer!
pictures speak more then a thousand words and we all should be very grateful to some people actively developing and contributing to pin2dmd project.
now it's time to get the latest batch out of the shop

Looks phenomenal! Will be ordering as soon as it's released!

#1139 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Ah... I see... my logic for scoring is correct up until near the very end of the whole sequence where 1M is added to the bonus with each frame for the last second or two.

I believe finishing the sequence including the finishing line/gate is 144. 135 is max if you miss the final middle gate.

You can add an extra million or two by dragging the last frames?

#1142 6 years ago

Will there be any conflict with the upcoming ColorDMD and new code? I'd like to use both simultantelosuly.

1 week later
#1172 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

ok, i've read all, and as a "player", i think that now i could decide myself to go for this game (and i have to swap it with my LAH)
in same nice state, how much to close the gap between these 2 ? for me LAH is more valuable
of course, here in europe the market is not always the same as in the USA... LAH is popular & loved here, and BW not really (in fact, its more not at all), again due to his theme
than !?

LAH and BW are valued about the same here in the states. I think it'd be an even trade assuming both games were in similar condition.

I have and love both. If I had to choose one or the other I'd probably keep BW over LAH, though.

Didn't ask me but if I were in your shoes I would keep LAH and sell either Dirty Harry or Avengers and get a BW.

1 week later
#1182 6 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

Hey guys,
testing the colorization is going well, still some tweaks to figure out but it does work very nice
» YouTube video
as always: flickering is not visible in person, just in the video!
More to come soon!
Cheers

Can't tell you how stoked I am to get BW in color! Has some amazing dots, can't wait to see what y'all have done with them.

1 week later
#1199 6 years ago

Great to see this underrated game getting some love finally with the colored dots and new code coming.

4 weeks later
#1290 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

so happy to finally join!

Don’t you dare sell it in 2 weeks. You will miss Pam.

3 weeks later
#1393 6 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

I see that there have been 30 posts since the last time I checked this thread... then get super excited thinking Chad has released his work to the community... and you yahoos are talking about lopsided boobs and lego translites. Smh, lol.

This so much. “Oh shit the pin2DMD color or Chad code is out, time to fire up BW” was what ran through my head when I saw so much activity here. Damn y’all.

3 weeks later
#1561 6 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

Yes, they used to be name-wise. Same company of course, but I'm referring to the branded machines, not the company.
There is a breakpoint when they started using mono, and I thought it was when branding the games Sega, but it wasn't that simple.

The Sega pins that use the Showcase-style backbox (SST, SWT, X Files etc) shipped with a single backbox speaker, so the game would only output in mono. They’re capable of Stereo with the board set they use, just shipped with a single speaker, hence mono sound in them

1 month later
#1826 6 years ago

This just showed up on ColorDMD’s Facebook page. Looks like we’ll be getting BW colorized from them sooner or later 63A1BF4D-D92F-4F1E-B43B-F220C40B6FF5 (resized).jpeg63A1BF4D-D92F-4F1E-B43B-F220C40B6FF5 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#1848 6 years ago

This was just posted to ColorDMD’s Facebook page, can’t wait till Baywatch is colorized by them!

5D8EE924-14EC-406C-95B3-31C92F78BAB3 (resized).jpeg5D8EE924-14EC-406C-95B3-31C92F78BAB3 (resized).jpeg

#1894 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Anybody on the thread an actual fan of the show? Could use some help identifying where some of the video is sourced from

I just ordered the first 9 seasons, it’ll take a while for me to watch through it but I’ve played the pin enough to know what frames/scenes to look for, for the ColorDMD. Can’t wait for the ColorDMD release!

1 month later
#2116 6 years ago

Great video, it looks amazing. Cant wait till the code drops and screens start shipping. I’ve been wanting BW in color forever, this is a dream come true!

1 month later
#2282 5 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Yes! We will also be sending out a formal Baywatch announcement and preview soon!

I have been waiting years to add a ColorDMD to my BW. The day is finally here, preordered!!

The best office in the world is about to get oh so much better

#2296 5 years ago

Just a little over a week away my fellow lifeguards...

https://www.facebook.com/colordmd/videos/2045099888852323/

1 month later
#2508 5 years ago

My BW has started acting up in the last day...after a certain amount of time of being on the ColorDMD will freeze on a certain frame and not unfreeze unless the machine is restarted. Has also sporadically rebooted the DMD (showing the Baywatch display version # etc) mid game. Any idea where to start?

2 years later
#3630 3 years ago

Left the club after 8 years this past week, it was the longest a pin has ever stayed in my collection. Baywatch will remain one of my favorite pins, but getting close to $4K for mine was too tempting and I needed the cash for a Batman '66 cause my GF is a Batman fanatic.

TMNT2020 has a very Baywatch-ish feel in the layout and has eased the pain of seeing Pam go.

I hope you fellow lifeguards continue enjoying the game. It is a classic.

1 year later
#4155 2 years ago

After a year and a half after stupidly selling my mint Baywatch, I was thankfully contacted by the buyer and was able to get it back.

I got rid of it last time as I noticed a lot of similarities with it to Stern TMNT (and there are quite a few shared shots between it and TMNT), which I had just gotten and was in the honeymoon stage with. TMNT lasted a little over a year, Baywatch is back and bolted to the floor!

3 months later
#4408 1 year ago

https://www.pinballcode.com/bw401

Got the unofficial 4.01 code running finally and wow, it makes a huge difference! Thank you to everyone behind it, the scoring is way more balanced and definitely incentivizes you to play and complete the modes as opposed to just timing them out and rushing toward Earthquake. The unused, new callouts and sound effects (especially the one for the 3-way combo) are icing on the cake.

Baywatch is one of the few DE/Segas that stack up to the best of B/W of the 90s. Love live Baywatch, best office in the world!

#4418 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Any solutions to cover up these wear marks near the flipper buttons? The rest of the cabinet is fine so don’t want to replace side art.[quoted image]

https://www.pinballlife.com/black-button-guard-side-rails-for-stern.html

You could add these side rails to cover them up, could also powder coat them if you’d like.

If the rest of the cabinet is nice, don’t let OCD on some flipper button wear drive you crazy

2 months later
#4563 1 year ago
Quoted from mikespins:

Finished the cabinet restoration on my Baywatch! Installed Retro Refurb decals after fully stripping, priming, painting, etc. Resto thread here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/immaculate-baywatch-restoration
Does anyone know where I can get a stencil for the back?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Amazing job sir. You now have one of the nicest Baywatch machines around!

1 month later
#4607 1 year ago
Quoted from nighttaco:

So I was thinking of putting a color dmd in my Baywatch, cheapest I can find is like $550, is this the going rate now? Seems spendy...

It’s the best mod for Baywatch by a large margin. There are so many great details you’ll never catch in just orange.

The fact that used, partially gassed out original displays were selling for $300+ years ago before the color replacement was an option made it an easy decision for me.

11 months later
#5040 7 months ago
Quoted from tomspinball:

Has there ever been ALTERANATE CABINET ART for this game?

No. You can’t improve upon perfection.

That said if the newly discovered prototype cabinet artwork was offered as a full set I would order one, love the additional ass shot and seagull on the front cab.

Rejoined the club for one last time this past week, it’s nice to have my favorite pin of the 90s again.

IMG_4425 (resized).jpegIMG_4425 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 24.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taygeta.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only?tu=taygeta and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.