IMG_4651 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4759 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4749 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4744 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4745 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2255 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4661 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shaub.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3638 3 years ago

Hey everyone, I'm having trouble with the left inlane wireform return, quite often the ball bounces around and skips into the outlane. I think Im going to make a lexan inlane ball guide extender and see if that stops the ball but Im wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue and if there is another solution to it.

Here is a slow motion video of the issue:

Ball returns at :17, :58, and :143 seconds

#3640 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Can you tighten that outlane guide? looks loose.

That outlane guide is actually just a piece of construction paper that I was cutting out as a template for the lexan.

#3642 3 years ago

I could loosen and move the wireform but the ball bounces around and can go left or right at different times, I think in the video all 3 times it bounces in different directions.

So, here is my "solution" for now. So far its helped but I could definitely see balls still getting past it. But time will tell.

20201127_150038 (resized).jpg20201127_150038 (resized).jpg20201127_151220 (resized).jpg20201127_151220 (resized).jpg
#3644 3 years ago

Could anyone send me a pic of the wireform exit area?

#3647 3 years ago

LOL

way ahead of ya, check your messages

Oh yeah, thats like a 90 degree angle. Mines like a 45 degree angle. That will make a difference. Thanks!

#3649 3 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

You're welcome! LOL.

Thanks to you as well!

#3653 3 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

It looks nice in color:

I love the extra tall dmds I wish they never stopped using them. Could you imagine all the games that came since from sega/stern that could have utilized all that extra real estate?

The colordmd is great because not only does the color itself look great but the regular tall dmds are hard to find/expensive.

#3655 3 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

It's not a colordmd,

Pin2dmd?

1 week later
#3675 3 years ago

My (green wire is on NO) and my (White on NC) with a diode across Common / NC.

From the manual, it appears to be wired correctly. I'd go ahead and replace the switch, I've had switch legs break off entirely, so I wouldn't be surprised if could be cracked and causing an intermittent connection or something along those lines.

BW Switch (resized).pngBW Switch (resized).png
1 week later
#3698 3 years ago

Does anyone have any advice on getting the skill shot working consistently? I've tried adjusting the wireform exit and I've also removed windings from the coil to make it stronger. It was working good after strenghtening the coil but now it's failing again.

Is there maybe a list of things to check/adjust? I think the skill shot is the last thing I need to do before I've got the machine dialed in.

1 month later
#3769 3 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

recently installed the Chad Roms and it seems the ball saves are too generous.
When it saves if the eject out of the shark hole is straight to drain is good, but many times mine is giving ball saves for just standard drains? Anyone else experience this?

yeah. Ive definitely noticed a bit more generosity on that ball save than is really needed. a time adjustment and flashing "ball save active" light would be nice but, ultimately, in my opinion, it's fine.

#3786 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I’ve got something weird happening with my machine. Upon startup my dmd (it’s a color dmd) boots up and shows the rom version, then goes blank, no picture at all. Any thoughts on where to start here?

Has it ever worked? or did you just install it?

#3796 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Yes working fine for a few months

Maybe check to make sure the ribbon cables haven't loosened up? If the rom version shows at boot then it must be getting power, so maybe it isn't getting the information for what to display.

Other than that, maybe re-installing the rom file?

2 weeks later
#3829 3 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

So are people getting Earthquake more often from the Shark shots or from making the 5 character/mode shots x 3 ?

can someone confirm how Shark awards work? I feel like lately Ive pretty much stopped getting any.

#3831 3 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

When the switch just above the shark flipper is triggered the Shark scoop light will flash briefly - you have about a second to make a clean shot from the Shark flipper into the scoop.

Thanks, thats sort of what I thought. But maybe Im just not making that shot very often. Ive noticed if I collect the 25mil shark flip shot, it doesnt award a shark award, I assume that's normal too?

#3834 3 years ago

Ok, so I just played a few games to test out the Shark Awards, Shark Flip and other Shark-related things so that I can make sense of them based on the information above.

In summary:
Shark Awards are collected by shooting the Shark Scoop (when not in a mode) after rolling over the switch right above the Shark Flipper when Shark FLIP isn't lit.

You CAN shoot for Shark Awards when: the ball falls out of the pops to the right; when you roll down the rightmost ("Lite Orbit") inlane and then shoot the left orbit all the way around; when you shoot the center VUK (and don't start a mode); or when you shoot the left ramp (and don't start a mode or lock a ball.)

You CAN'T shoot for Shark Awards when: you shoot the Dolphin Spinner (it feeds the upper flipper); when you roll over the "Lite Shark FLIP" inlane and shoot the Dolphin Spinner (because Shark FLIP supercedes Shark Awards); or when ANY mode is currently running.

In addition, spelling S-h-a-r-k on the left stand-ups appears to simply light Shark FLIP. And the "Shark Chomp Initials" are given to the most recent person to collect a Super Jackpot at the Shark Scoop in Multiball.

Alright, I believe that covers all (or most) things Shark-related, but if anyone knows differently, let me know.

Note: This all relates to the ChadH v4.01 unofficial code.

3 months later
#3910 2 years ago
Quoted from RatShack:

Holy David Hasselhoff that playfield is HEAVY.

My wife laughed at me a bunch of times when I first got mine because I kept calling it "a beast." For the record, I stand by that assessment.

#3929 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

it comes out of the launch ramp pretty slowly - slowly enough that it drops into the pops instead of continuing around and down to the shark flipper area. I'll up the coil power to high and see how it goes - any other advice?

I'm working on the same issue right now. But havent had luck. I strengthened the coil a bit by removing some windings, no luck. I think I need to take a look at the wireform itself and make sure the ball kicks out of it at a good angle, tough to get at it in the back though and this feels like a try for an hour and then move on with my life for a week before trying again kind of issue so I'm hesitant to pull too much out.

1 month later
#3982 2 years ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

It is good to know that you guys are here to help when I eventually run into issues with my Baywatch.
I decided to make a quick shot comparison between TMNT and Baywatch to see how similar the shots were. I know a lot of playfields are very similar, these two just feel...Well, every time I play a Turtles I feel like I am playing a Baywatch with a spinning pizza disc, LCD screen, and more brutal outlanes. The yellow items in the comparison are the shots/shot angles that that are almost a direct copy past from one playfield to the other. I do think Baywatch is a better shooter and the Laser kick and shark flipper solve a lot of the brutal outlane issues TMNT creates. I am guessing that most of you that have played Turtles probably noticed the similarities, it is just fun to see them side by side.

Bay vs TMNT (resized).jpg

The thing is, while there are apparent similarities, the games shoot and feel very different. I think alot of the similarities are just because they both have an upper left flipper. When TMNT was revealed, my first thought was it looked liked Corvette, another upper left flipper game.

Another thing to note is that with some of the "obviously same shots" they really don't shoot or work the same in the two games. For example, the shot into the pop bumpers on Baywatch isn't really a shot you use, it happens but it's not really a thing while the Krang loop on TMNT is an actual shot you use and has rules associated with it.

Though, it's definitely interesting how similar a layout can be while the games themselves feel nothing alike, to me at least.

4 weeks later
#4013 2 years ago

I need to better attach mine, as well as the speaker panel/backglass moulding. What is the best stapler and staples to use? I have an air compressor but no staple gun.

I ended up using 3 of your typical 1/2" length #8 sheet metal screws to reattach mine after removing it to repair the flasher wiring. Seemed like a better option than re-stapling it so that I could remove it again later if needed.

#4015 2 years ago
Quoted from GraniteStatePin:

I like the serviceability of that! Do you remember if there was foam behind the trim or was it just against the wood? thanks

Pretty certain there was no foam. I don't actually see what purpose that would even serve.

3 weeks later
#4036 2 years ago

Edit: BONUS side effect. My plunger is the most powerful it’s been in like a year. It moving ball out of lane great

Interesting, so the interconnect switch just wasn't being fully engaged by the closed coin door?

3 weeks later
#4048 2 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

keep getting ball saves off the right drain, I think its happening mostly when I am supposed to be shooting at the shark targets, any way to disable this?

My guess is that its the ball save for when the ball kicks out of the shark hole. And no, no way to disable it.

#4054 2 years ago

Yeah, I've been wondering why ball save sometimes happens during any part of play. A lot. It doesn't seem to be tied to a particular mode so it must be the Shark kick out, I'll pay more attention. Maybe this is something that Chad can tweak in his code? I sent him a message about it.

I just wish there was an indicator of when the shark kick out ball save is active but it's always a pleasant surprise when I drain and get the free ball save.

#4056 2 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

I know shark kick out happens but it's happening to me a LOT off the right drain, kind of kills it for me. I'll try to track it more as well and maybe we can harass Chad about it.

I don't have any issues like that. So if there is something weird happening, it's likely machine specific and not a problem with Chad's code itself.

2 weeks later
#4095 2 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I added the option to disable it for those who never liked it.

Interesting, I've only ever played Baywatch with your code revision. I didn't realise that you added that adjustment. Well done!

3 months later
#4184 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

General question: How does nudging the game work after its bolted to the floor?
(And I guess that slide saves would then be out of the realm of possibility.)

Is this a serious question? If so, "bolted to the floor" isn't literal, it's figurative. It just means it's "never leaving" the collection.

2 months later
#4395 1 year ago

Just got my art blades in. Very pleased with the outcome. That PF is a two person job fo sho. Had my son give me a hand.

I’ve never had this pin on an end I could see the cab art. Damn the sides looks good in the light

Those art blades look great. My machine came with mirror blades, if it didn't I'd definitely be grabbing a set of those.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.00
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 22.50
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shaub.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only?tu=shaub and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.