IMG_4651 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4759 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4749 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4744 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4745 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2255 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4661 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanstl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3535 3 years ago

New member here. My wife and I drove to Cincinnati this weekend to pick up our new Baywatch from a fellow pinsider. The whole family is really loving it, as we haven't had a DMD game since I sold my DW five years ago.

I have been looking to buy an early DMD game for a couple months, but kept striking out. My wife was feeling sorry for me and started looking herself to see what's available. She knows nothing about pinball, but theme is very important to her. She loves Marvel and kept saying what aobut this, and I say it's xxxx money, then nevermind. She came across Baywatch and said said you didn't tell me they made a Baywatch pinball. I immediately had approval to up my budget, so search was on. Patience isn't our strong suit, so we did a short road trip to pick one up.

Quick question, as I haven't had time to dig in. The shark Vuk doesn't eject balls unless there is a ball search. Maybe it's just an adjustment issue? I'll try to figure it out tomorrow, but I'm still learning this stuff. This is the first Sega I've not only owned, but ever played.
IMG_20200912_204025384 (resized).jpgIMG_20200912_204025384 (resized).jpg

#3539 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Also to follow up even more, don’t use your finger to see if the switch is good, use a ball after. You could find it just isn’t travellling enough with the ball

Oops, used a pencil to push down and got nothing. I'm going to figure out how to test the switch other ways. Maybe it's a Sega thing, but the diagnostics don't seem to run the tests. Lots to learn.

Edit: Ok, dummy me wasn't closing the coin door for the diagnostic tests. All switches register when activated except the shark scoop. I suppose that means bad switch.?

I'm putting together a LED list. Has anyone done this and can share? I don't want a pre-assembled kit, becuase I have a mix of LED and incandescent.

#3542 3 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

It could be bad or just need adjusted. I can't recall off the top of my head if thats a switch or an opto. Check for the obvious loose wire, bad diode, etc also.

It's a loop microswitch. I'm digging through this thread and there are links to replacements switches that is a Y design and I see other threads about the shark scoop with similar information that it's probably a bad switch. I'm going to order one soon and try to replace. Bummer I didn't notice this yesterday until I got it home. I'm going to consider it a learning experience, as this is something I need to learn to deal with. Right now I'm going to plug the hole, so we don't have multiple ball searches each game when a boll goes down the shark scoop.

Edit: Hooray! It was a loose diode on the switch. Must have come loose in transit. I still need to get a decent soldering iron, but electrical tape has it together for now. This machine cleaned up nice. Now all I need to do is order LEDs and I'm set.

#3544 3 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Sweet, glad that helped! I would get a soldering iron ASAP and just replace the diode entirely so it doesn't happen again.
If you're looking for LEDs, Comet makes some great stuff. If you are going to LED the whole game, just be warned that it is a colossal pain in the ass as all the ground braid on the GI lamps is stapled down...boo. That said, it looks killer when done.

Put in my Comet order last night, plus iron from Amazon. I did an eyeball inventory of the different colors and base types. I don't think I'm going to worry about the really hard GI bulbs at the moment, but would love to access the pop bumbers to get LEDs in there. Those bulbs are out.

I'm bumming out I didn't order a nvram from Comet when I had enough in the cart for free shipping. Oh well.

I just ordered Chad's update from Matt's Basement Arcade. Can't wait to put that in. Also, bonus my Pingulp arrived the day we got home with the pin, which I bought with Ebay's 25 year anniversary credit for being a 20 yr long member.

This game is so much fun and has so much going for it. The icing on the cake is this my wife's nearly grail theme. The hot swimsuit babes is no problem for her.

#3547 3 years ago
Quoted from PTHermes:

Can anyone comment on this??? It doesn't seem right for a ROM burning service like Matt's Basement Arcade to be using Chad's ROMs which are available free. Maybe I'm wrong and they have permission??

Chad allows it, I don't have a rom burner, so I got Matts basement to do mine. You can toss Chad a few bucks for his troubles.
Read up Chads site about it.
"You like what I am doing?
Please note, if you pay someone to burn a ROM for you then I see none of that money. Feel free to toss a donation my way. It is much appreciated and keeps me motivated.
PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online! "

Same, I'm not going to buy a ROM burner and ROMs for one game to do myself. Matt's ROMs are talked highly of in this thread. His price is really good, as shipping is almost more. I'll donate to Chad when I get it working. I'm really looking forward to it.

Also, just realized Pinball Life has the NVRAM, not Comet. Now I need to get a basket going there.

Does anyone have the color code for the blue cabinet paint? I have some spots I would really love to touch up.

#3549 3 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Don't forget the large color dmd while you have the credit card out .
[quoted image]

Credit card is put away. Just made an order at Titan for some bands and a few LEDs I forgot to order from Comet. I would love a ColorDMD, but that will have to wait. My orange DMD is nice and bright, so will probably only replace if it fails.

I played for an hour and half tonight and couldn't beat the high scores my wife and kids put up today while I was at work. Turns out they were using the extra cabinet button on the left under the start button to use 5 balls. Not fair, but I'm not going to resort to that to beat them.

Still looking for that blue cabinet color code if anyone has it.

#3552 3 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Baywatch Blue sold here:
http://www.pinballuniverse.com/PinballPaints.htm
I haven't used it myself, so cannot tell you how well it matches.

Thanks, I saw that, but $10 an ounce plus shipping (I'm guessing), ouch.

Reminds me of the tiny jar of Big Green Egg touch up paint I bought earlier this year. It wasn't even the right shade of green.

#3554 3 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

You might want to contact pinsider VladM. I think he took part of his cabinet to Sherwin-Williams and had it color matched, and said it was perfect. Maybe he has some left over? If you take his forumula to SW, you'll probably end up spending $30, but you'll get a quart. The only other thing you can do is buy the little acrylic hobby paints and dick around trying to match the color. You'll probably end up spending $20 doing that and not be satisfied with the match anyway. Blue hues can be difficult to match.

I saw VladM 's post when I was searching about a week ago and PM'd him. I haven't heard back yet. No rush though. My backup was to go to Lowe's and get a but load of blue paper paint samples and see if one happens to be very close. I'm definately not mixing my self with hobby paint because I'll never get a match. 1oz from pinball universe just wouldn't go that far. The cabinet really doesn't need any touchup except maybe on the corners up front. However, the back box, like most has dings in the blue. Luckily, the Baywatch lettering is pretty darn good, so just the blue is needed.

Soldering iron came in today, so now my lose switch diode is fixed. Glad I put in an order to Titan last night because one of the rubbers on a back standup post broke apart today.

#3563 3 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

The funny thing is he had sent me a photo of the paint can that had the mix codes on it about 7 or 8 months ago - I saved the photo on my phone -and deleted the email. I was going to get a quart next time I happened to be at a SW paint center, but as usual I procrastinated and about 2 months later, my phone punked out on me and I lost all the data on it. That's what I get for procrastinating! I was hoping someone else in this topic had contacted him and could post it.

Bummer. Murphy's law sucks.

#3565 3 years ago

Sorry, no before/after pics, but i can't believe I haven't seen it talked about on this thread yet. The glare from the DMD was worse than other games mainly because it's larger. I really couldn't see the back of the game hardly at all. Tonight I installed Comet's ant-glare screen and I have pretty much no glare at all. I'm very happy with this product.

I put in all the easyGI LEDs, controlled lamps, and flashers tonight as well, but my count was off, so another order to Comet made tonight. I'm not going to attempt most of the GI yet, but maybe in a few months if other bulbs start to go out. I'm not excited about it.

I cannot wait for Chad's code to come in.

#3567 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Where do you install the anti glare screen? Behind the speaker panel?

It goes right on the DMD. I thought about putting it behind the speaker panel because I thought maybe it would be easier. It wasn't and didn't fit in the hole, so I did what they recommend and put on the DMD face. It will be easy to transfer if I switch to ColorDMD.

#3569 3 years ago

IMG_20200917_180403278 (resized).jpgIMG_20200917_180403278 (resized).jpg

I got the 4.01 roms today. I opened the box and holy cow, it was like finding a needle in a haystack. Fortunetly, I didn't make too big of a mess on the floor.

I put a gray mini flipper rubber on the shark, which looks a lot better than black. I also went with light blue sling shots. I knew shopping this is a bitch, but didn't expect so much trouble just to change the left slingshot rubber. sheesh. The purple flipper bands on the bottom flippers were already on the game when I bought. They are in great shape, so no reason to replace. My wife likes the purple, it says 90's.

When replacing bulbs I noticed the siren lights on the playfield boat are actually inserts. My bulbs were burned out and now there's some light in the middle of the playfield now.

IMG_20200917_212233935 (resized).jpgIMG_20200917_212233935 (resized).jpg

#3571 3 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Made a coin door decal for my machine.[quoted image]

Looks great. Reminds me I need to look for the original Sega Sonic one.

#3573 3 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

I like that better than the original!

I agree, looks great, but I like it to look how it came from the factory. I'm not an alternate translite guy, not even for DW.

#3574 3 years ago

Tonight, I finished changing out all the bulbs to LED except thost stapled down ones. My first order to Comet wasn't correct.

The left pop bumber looks great with a working bulb. The other two where out as well. The back right one is about impossible to get to without major playfield removal. However, the bottom pop bumper with the half moon was a different story. I took the advice of someone on this thread that put a color changing LED on that bumper, which I love. To get the old one out I tried my wife and two kids. Small hands are needed, but they couldn't get it out. I finally tried a cheap pair of wire strippers and was able to pop the bulb loose. Then using a bamboo skewer I was able to get the new LED mostly there. Then my son was able to get his finger on the top and push down. Success.

I also hit the easy rubber areas with a fresh order from Titan because I didn't order the right thing the first time. Once again another screw up. I didn't realize the 3/8" rings are OD, so another order for five rings that cost as much as the shipping was placed tonight. Oh, well.

I also learned the shooter that sends the ball behind the gate on the right side to the left side isn't screwed in at all. It's still able to send the ball back around the orbit though. For now, I'm just going to forget I learned that.

One last thing. I got all of the blue paint samples from Lowe's. Nothing matches. I guess it makes sense because nobody would paint their walls this shade of blue.

Edit: just ordered the Baywatch Blue from pinball universe. My plan is to use it to color match the 1 oz they send you. It's $15 for 1 oz shipped.

1 week later
#3588 3 years ago

I got the Pinball Universe Baywatch blue and was shipped B/W Rocky B blue. They claim it's the same. The wet paint in the jar looked like a match, but it dried darker; not much, but noticble. I'm going to drop some pure white in and mix to get to match. I don't really buy that my game is faded is the cause of mismatch. The blue is uniform all over the game, and no way all that had same UV exposure all around.

BTW, 1 oz is plenty of paint for touchups.

1 month later
#3619 3 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Made some target decals with a segmented shark on the shark targets.
Really happy with them. Fully laminated heavy duty.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1026-pinball-haus/04351-baywatch-target-and-drop-down-decals-
[quoted image][quoted image]

Good work. They look good.

1 week later
#3626 3 years ago

tonycip the powder coating looks amazing. I currentlyy have all the ramps off my playfield. Let me know what you need pics of and I'll get them for you.

#3628 3 years ago

I started my playfield tear down to replace bands, LEDs, and clean. I have a bit of a delay because I forgot to buy a Cliffy set prior. I contacted Cliff and business is good for him, as he has an approximate 3 week backlog. Oh well, I'll wait to put everything back together when they come in, as it will be much easier. Now I have pinball parts all over the living room. This was one dirty game. I have one question. In the first pic I circled two posts. I would like to know if your game had rings on these posts (manual says there should be). Mine did not and honestly, I'm not sure if the rubber has ever been replaced on this game. I wonder if perhaps these rings were removed to help with the skill shot.

IMG_20201107_154235987 (resized).jpgIMG_20201107_154235987 (resized).jpg
IMG_20201107_154254629 (resized).jpgIMG_20201107_154254629 (resized).jpg

#3631 3 years ago

Thanks @yellowghost. I put the ring on the one under the pastic already, so I'll keep it and will leave the other post bare. Interesting though, when I romoved the rings from the posts separating the pop bumper roll overs they were the same size, but the manual had a different size for top of divider and bottom. I followed the manual. The manual did mess up one sling size, which required yet another order to Titan. There is a theme here. I must love paying for shipping.

@taygeta, BM66 is a great game. I am also a fan of Dark Knight. I haven't played TMNT yet, but hope to soon.

2 weeks later
#3651 3 years ago

Love it when problem is solved Pinside detectives. I'm still waiting on my Cliffy's to get my machine back together. It's been tough seeing parts sitting around everywhere.

1 week later
#3657 3 years ago

It's my dumb ass fault because I left Baywatch parts sitting on a box on top of the dog kennel. Well, this is what happens when you are waiting for parts and didn't plan ahead before taking a game apart.

IMG_20201204_191624508 (resized).jpgIMG_20201204_191624508 (resized).jpg

At least it wasn't a ramp or swallowed pinball. Luckily Pinball Haus had a replacement in stock. While at it, I picked up some decals. I hope my Cliffy's come in soon!

#3668 3 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I see pic of the left outlane and it has two metal post's in a row .mine only ever had one . ?? Any ideas why ?? here's a pic of my area
[quoted image]

Mine is like Northerndude's with one post in the slot and one in it's own hole north of the slot. Yours does not appear to have a hole there. I have the same color slings, btw, and love it.

#3676 3 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Thanks for the info .That's puzzling. It seems that it's not a factory thing, because it would make the lower adjustable pin no longer operational. the upper one would premaritally set the difficulty of outlane drains . we should get to the bottom of this : ).

I checked my manual and the second post is not there. Interesting. Does that mean my high scores don't count

#3680 3 years ago

Glad to hear you got it fixed up. Beers!

#3701 3 years ago

This is a confessional post in the Baywatch thread. I received my Cliffy set yesterday, which not having was preventing me from putting my game back together after a couple months. I can't get it all together because I don't have the 3 bank drop plastic from Pinball Haus yet, which was to replace the one my dog chewed (not his fault). However, I can get it mostly together, but I'm just unmotivated because I'm a little worried it has been so long since I tore it down I won't be able to get it back together. This is my only game, so I really need to get it back up again.

I did get the skill shot kick back coil screwed in, which had zero screws in it (how in the hell did that happen?). I hope it is lined up well as I used the three existing holes that were not blown out. I thought I was going to have to use the toothpick/wood glue trick in the holes, but they were fine.

#3703 3 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Since I live a few blocks from Cliff, I had mine installed last week. I'll post some pics shortly.
There was one change. For those who got their sets before last week, at least some, if not most or all, of the playfields have a post that goes through the playfield that is riveted to the guide that curves behind the earthquake VUK. There is no hole or notch in the original protector for that post. I had to snip out a piece of the cliffy to install it. Cliff has started snipping out that piece on new sets, but you might need to do that if you had already received one.

Wish I would have read this post earlier. I installed my Cliffy's today and it took 2 hrs with the playfield already apart. I had to snip the earthqauke vuk protecter as mentioned in ThatOneDude's post. I tried notching, but ultimately had to completely clip a gap to clear the playfield post. It's fine, but I did not expect to modify Cliffy's fine product.

1 week later
#3708 3 years ago
Quoted from robertg130:

Well guys new to the club,fixing some things(all small coils burned)
I’m looking for a nice translite
Thanks
[quoted image]

Welcome to the club.

#3710 3 years ago

I'm guessing robertg130 will also have to change out GI lighting and will find out how fun that is. I still need to put mine back together.

#3712 3 years ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

Yeah change all the rings and install the cliffys while you are at it. I didn't have everything I needed so I will be tearing it all apart again next week! Lol

If you do get Cliffy's order give Cliff about a month before you need them (one man operation that is in demand) and ask if he has the modified Earthquake VUK version. See some of my recent posts for reasons.

1 week later
#3727 3 years ago

I hate to write this type of post, but what should be a happy post that I finally got my machine back together after a playfield tear down waiting on some parts, and I'm back up and running. However, everything has gone to shit. First sign of trouble is I plug the pin in after about a month and DMD doesn't display and the song isn't playing. All other sounds work. This is after just being unplugged. I missed with the connectors and got the DMD back on.

I get everthing back together and start to play and I notice the G and R switches aren't registering. I believe everything else is fine. Then I remembered I didn't plug those two ramp connectors in. I turned the pin off and plugged them in. The G comes back back, but now the subway vuk fires about 5 times between every ball, the shark flipper switch, right sling shot, and R switch doesn't work (G is now working). I mess around and I'm sure the connectors are back as they should. I also notice all high scores are gone (put in new batteries a few months ago).

Now I leave the pin on for a couple hours and DMD is out, plus the shooter plunge and left kick are noticably weak. What the hell is going on?

I looked at the manual and don't really know what I'm looking at, but I see all of the switches that aren't working are related. Where should I check first?

I had not problems before and now all of a sudden it seems like the pin is dying. It looks awesome now all cleaned, with GI LEDS, and new Titan rubbers, but now I wish I would have just let it be.

#3730 3 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Oof. Sorry to hear that. I've got a Flintstones on route that just started having trouble. I think that the chips on the mpu all need to be reseated.
So, start simple. Print out the table showing the switch matrix and mark down what is not working. Verify the wiring on that segment. Look for loose or broken leads inside the molex connectors. If you have a switch tester, like the siegecraft one, you can see quickly if it's the board or the wiring, as well.
Given the time line, I'm guessing this is mostly connector issues. Try buffing the headers with some steel wool before reinserting.
And upload a picture of the marked up switch matrix so we can see it and make suggestions.

Thanks for your support, as you have been having fits with your machine. One of the male to male molex connector arms broke and thought it would still hold together fine. Now I believe I should replace all male to male connectors for the switches I had to disconnect to take the ramps off. I'll scan the switch matrix at work tomorrow to show what is out. Where do you buy your connectors and the switch tester you mentioned? Funny, I was hoping it would just be fuse

1 week later
#3738 3 years ago

A little update and I have to give a shoutout to this website. For someone new diagnosing pinball problems, espcially a DE/early Sega this is something to read.

http://techniek.flipperwinkel.nl/desega/index1.htm

I dissambled necessary ramps and wire forms again so I could remove the one ramp that I think has the micro switch that is causing my problems (right ramp/Iron Man exit). I dind't like doing this after the effort getting it back together, but it had to be done. Without that switch plugged in and another one (life guard exit) that had to be removed that didn't give me problems everything back on that problem switches matrix is working again. In fact, the attraction music is now working. I have no idea the correlation between music and the switches.

I followed a guide linked above on how to test a bad switch with a MM and the switch in question tests fine. I don't understand why when that ramp is plugged in it causes problems. Tomorrow, I'm going to plug both the switch I'm having problems with and the one I think is fine with playfield up and ramps in cabinet. I think this can help me figure out if it is a connector issue or something I don't know.

I'm feeling better about this because before with a lot not working all of a sudden I just got overwhelmed. Also, after recent putting the ramps/wire forms back together I'm able to remove and put things back easier.

I'll check back in after my other test. The only problem I can see is somehow the back right switch gets shorted when installed. I don't see how though, but it does rest on a metal tab or maybe the Z-connectors are holding things together (but why would the machine act like a short?). I was talking to Northendude about Z-connnectors and he thought that is a really low failure point.

#3739 3 years ago

Now fun post. Thank goodness Pinball Haus had the plastic my dog chewed up that unproperly stored about his kennel. While ordering I got their stand up target decal kit and coin door sticker. I prefer the sega w/ sonic sticker, but it's hard to find, so while ordering the plastic I just went with Pinball Haus' version. There is one circle Baywatch sticker similar to the two on the laser kick stand ups, but larger that my son and I can't figure out where it goes. I'm very happy the decal kit. (sorry for glass-on pics, but I didn't want to take it back off and just want to relax now for the night.)

IMG_20210118_211751734 (resized).jpgIMG_20210118_211751734 (resized).jpgIMG_20210118_211821691 (resized).jpgIMG_20210118_211821691 (resized).jpgIMG_20210118_212149594 (resized).jpgIMG_20210118_212149594 (resized).jpg

#3745 3 years ago

I'm so happy to report:

IMG_20210119_204500650 (resized).jpgIMG_20210119_204500650 (resized).jpg

We are back in business. I plugged in the switch on the Tourist Season ramp that I suspected to be the problem under the playfield just to check to trouble shoot and everything was fine. All switches now working and even the music. I reinstalled the top parts and found I didn't have the Tourist Season ramp in right, which somehow must have caused a short. Here is how it's supposed to be.

IMG_20210119_193526459 (resized).jpgIMG_20210119_193526459 (resized).jpg

The switch is on the left of the plastic form where that cirlce piece is. When I originally assembled I could not puzzle that back together and the switch ended up resting on the post that's on the tab attached to the back. I thought it would be like the plastic that surrounds the EQ VUK that has a post that doesn't screw into anything. Turns out the switch goes below the back tab, the circle plastic pice screws into the post, and the cardboard piece prevents shorts.

A lesson to people new to playfield teardowns of this level. Take lots of pictures because your memory will fail, have all parts on hand so you can put together and reassemble the same day, and if you can't put together right away keep your parts away from a puppy. The verterans here are like no shit.

This had me totally stressed for a long time and I can't believe a simple little thing caused such a causcad of fails. Not that I would ask for this to happen again, but I feel a lot more experianced now doing a playfield top tear down and having to diagnose a problem.

#3749 3 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

It's a bonus sticker for your key chain.

Thanks. My son was making it his mission to find where it goes. That's funny. I got the orange floaty key chain from Amazon. I might be able to wrap it around that.

Love your product btw, I'm very happy with the plastic and decals.

Screen Shot 2021-01-24 at 6.17.35 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-01-24 at 6.17.35 PM (resized).png

1 week later
#3757 3 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFanatic:

Need y'alls help...stripped playfield to clean and re-rubber...can't for the life of me remember where this goes!! Please help!

Yeah, that's it, but mine looked like this (not my picture, but from this thread and looks same):
Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 11.24.18 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-02-01 at 11.24.18 PM (resized).png

I'm not sure why it is needed, but Sega has lots of anti-airball type protections.

#3758 3 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

New member as of last weekend.
14 hours driving on the same day.
Was it worth it, yes
Needs a good cleaning, works great though.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome to the club!

#3759 3 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

If you can find it, I highly recommend the cliffy’s hole protector for the shark hole!

It's not hard to find. Cliffy will make it for you, just email him.

#3760 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Probably already covered, but............can you replace GI with LED and not get flickering? How about controlled lighting? Do you need the special "anti-ghost" for that?
Tearing down my BW not, damn, this has a lot of hard-to-get spots!!!
Thanks,
Nate

I used Comets non-ghosting everywhere and don't have any flickering problems. The main flickering will happen with the life guard tower. I had some spare regular leds in that and it was nuts, but then got a new order of Comets after not ordering the right amount and it took care of that.

The flashers are still crazy, so maybe I'll get an OCD sometime. My step-dad who is older, had some issues with the flashing effect, and I have the Chad code that is supposed to help with that.

#3766 3 years ago

I realized the reply should have been to the person you talked to.

tonycip ChadH, a pinsider here that has a passion for updating DE and Sega games, did an update to Baywatch. He fixed some bugs changed some scoring, and worked on the light strobe issue. Early on in this thread he lists what he did and the list was pretty long.

#3774 3 years ago

I sometimes get ball saves I didn't expect. What I don't like is when the ball save light is still blinking towards the end of the timer, I get no save

1 week later
#3816 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Solved the DMD problem once I replaced the large ribbon cable but I do get quite of bit of glare from the color dmd onto the glass. Someone mentioned anti glare glass or something to put in front of the color dmd to reduce glare?
[quoted image]

I have Comet's and it works great. It cut out most of the glare and you would never know it is there.

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/dmd-glare-eliminators

1 week later
#3824 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I’m going to try one of the comet pinball ones vs the pinball life style and see how I go. Ordered both to compare though

The reason why I got it because my wife complained so bad, but she was right. After installing she was totally happy, and so was I. I honestly didn't think it would work so well, and it's dope they had one for the Jumbo DMD.

#3837 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Ok, so I just played a few games to test out the Shark Awards, Shark Flip and other Shark-related things so that I can make sense of them based on the information above.
In summary:
Shark Awards are collected by shooting the Shark Scoop (when not in a mode) after rolling over the switch right above the Shark Flipper when Shark FLIP isn't lit.
You CAN shoot for Shark Awards when: the ball falls out of the pops to the right; when you roll down the rightmost ("Lite Orbit") inlane and then shoot the left orbit all the way around; when you shoot the center VUK (and don't start a mode); or when you shoot the left ramp (and don't start a mode or lock a ball.)
You CAN'T shoot for Shark Awards when: you shoot the Dolphin Spinner (it feeds the upper flipper); when you roll over the "Lite Shark FLIP" inlane and shoot the Dolphin Spinner (because Shark FLIP supercedes Shark Awards); or when ANY mode is currently running.
In addition, spelling S-h-a-r-k on the left stand-ups appears to simply light Shark FLIP. And the "Shark Chomp Initials" are given to the most recent person to collect a Super Jackpot at the Shark Scoop in Multiball.
Alright, I believe that covers all (or most) things Shark-related, but if anyone knows differently, let me know.
Note: This all relates to the ChadH v4.01 unofficial code.

Thanks for the run through. I have never been able to undo the SOF (Swords of Fury) initials and now I know why.

#3840 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Update to my glare problem. The comet version arrived first and seems like a much cleaner solution than the plastic from Pinballlife so it’s installed.
Here are the before and after pics. Certainly happy with Comet but had to up the brightness a bit afterwards

Glad it worked for you.

1 week later
#3852 3 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Shark frenzy! Making a bunch sharks mods with blue led eyes.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

When I first got my BW I immediately started with page 1 of this thread and read it straight through. Your mod reminds me of the discussions and pics of mods that were on this thread early on. Everyone was very enthusiastic. Yours looks good, but let's not start putting Barbie toys in there.

1 week later
#3855 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

With all due respect, and I truly mean that. Why not? If that's what a person wants in their game, I'm curious why others care?

Well, if you do, I'll keep my mouth shut; promise.

Just ordered a ColorDMD and I can't wait to put it in. Anyone have experience installing and what it comes with for your BW? Does it come with new ribbon cable for instance?

#3857 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

You'll dig it. It will come with some extra hardwire to use along with the existing hardware, and the required power cable. No new ribbon cable. Install is super easy. Have a USB memory stick ready to go with the ROM file loaded on it.

Man, I really can't wait. This is a huge purchase for me, but you know I just got a big check on the 17th. I asked about the ribbon cable because my DMD has gone out due to connections. My neighbor who has had a lot of DE/Segas said most likely ribbon cable. I just ordered a new set from Marco. Othersie, my stock DMD works great and I'll be selling once the ColorDMD comes in.

1 week later
#3858 3 years ago

Made move to the new house and setup my BW and everything is working great. After I put together about 10 boxes of Ikea furniture I'll get to the ColorDMD and replacing ribbon cables. Not motivated because game is working 100%

Except, everytime I get home something immediately goes wrong with something in the house. My son is playing BW and says he hit multiball and he had only one ball. I play and get the same, but I'm having my best game ever. My laser kick hit and stays open. I pull the glass to save the ball and then drain. I also got only a one ball mutliball.

While the glass is pulled I saw two balls on the left side of the apron where they shouldn't be. Then another lodged between the laser kick plunger and back, which is why it was stuck open. I showed my son and he said, "Owe, is that why it said missing balls when I turned the machine on?". OMG. Easiest fix ever though. Except, one ball is completly missing. Can't make this up.

#3859 3 years ago

Bonus, while looking for the lost ball under the playfield I found the missing guard tower rail. Yay.

Funny, I didn't know it was supposed to be there until I was studying pictures for putting my playfield back together after cleaning.

IMG_20210402_211207257 (resized).jpgIMG_20210402_211207257 (resized).jpg

#3862 3 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Anyone of the owner can show me how the right ramp is properly assembled.
My ball frequently gets stuck on the yellow marked place in the picture. [quoted image]

Previous owner of mine didn't have that bottom screw, so mine only has the two top screws. I wonder if that's why your ball gets stuck.

1 week later
#3865 3 years ago

What scores are you all getting? I had an epic game for me and got 1.2 million. I know, for you good players, that probably is not much, but it kills any score anybody else in family can do.

Edit: It was pointed out 1.2 billion. 1.2 million would be really terrible as a high score.

#3870 3 years ago

Yeah, that's what I expected, I'm no good, but have a lot of fun. I'm sorry to admit that I've never spelled Ironman and can't get more than 69million on the first shark video mode. Funny though, my family think I'm good. My main goal is to spell guard and get that awesome match scene.

#3875 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Pretty sure you can get 10 million for landing the skill shot so 1.2 million is beatable lol
In all seriousness I probably average 400 odd million, cracking the billion isn’t the easiest task and I run chads code

Quoted from TopMoose:

I've been getting scores in the 3B - 4B range recently. I think you're misreading the display and getting 1.2 billion.

I meant billion. My leader board is mostly filled with 400-700 million, so 1.2 billion was great for me. Would love to max out the score like you guys. That would be one crazy game.

1 week later
#3876 2 years ago

I'm now in the ColorDMD and Baywatch Club! I installed the new display today and I'm loving it. I also put on new ribbon cable kit from Marco. I shouldn't say this because I don't want to jinx it, but everything is running really nice.

If you are interested in a good orange jumbo DMD PM me. I will be posting on the market soon.

1 week later
#3882 2 years ago
Quoted from CosmoConstant:

Thank you very much. So this unofficial code definitely seems like the way to go then. I wonder how many of these machines are running the unofficial code?

Updating to Chad's code was one of the first things I did after buying my BW.

#3885 2 years ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

Especially the ones who don't want seizures!

This was the #1 reason for me, but I'm not that sure it made a big difference. BW likes to flash, baby.

My kids and I are fine with it, but my 60 something old step-dad had a hard time, even with Chad code. I would love to find that board that is no longer made that really takes care of the flickering and the noise.

Edit: spelling

1 month later
#3936 2 years ago
Quoted from pinaholic:

I put a color DMD in mine? It's f'ing awesome

Hell Yeah, I can't believe Stern didn't put color DMDs in their pins before the LCD switch. It is the number one best mod.

#3940 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Im having an issue where when i power on the game the launcher starts activating and continues to do so while playing. Other things that are happening are when i drain it takes like 10 seconds for the game to realize that its in the trough.
Im guessing its a switch issue in tge trough or shooter lane but not sure where to start...

That weird stuff could happen with a short somewhere. It's amazing how one little think can cascade to ghosts in the machine.

1 month later
#3993 2 years ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

It is good to know that you guys are here to help when I eventually run into issues with my Baywatch.
I decided to make a quick shot comparison between TMNT and Baywatch to see how similar the shots were. I know a lot of playfields are very similar, these two just feel...Well, every time I play a Turtles I feel like I am playing a Baywatch with a spinning pizza disc, LCD screen, and more brutal outlanes. The yellow items in the comparison are the shots/shot angles that that are almost a direct copy past from one playfield to the other. I do think Baywatch is a better shooter and the Laser kick and shark flipper solve a lot of the brutal outlane issues TMNT creates. I am guessing that most of you that have played Turtles probably noticed the similarities, it is just fun to see them side by side.
[quoted image]

I haven't had a chance to play TMNT yet, but now I really want to. I love the laser kick, it's saves my a$$ because I'm a bad player. I'll take a left ball save over a spinning playfield disc anyday. Also, at least when selling a BW you don't need to provide a shooter lane pic.

#3995 2 years ago

I have been having screen shutting off while play issues for awhile now. I had hoped switching to ColorDMD would solve the problem, but it didn't. Well, it did for a couple months. However, it was the perfect excuse for buying a ColorDMD when my wife asked about it.

It's pretty well documented that the 5-volt power supply is the issue and there is a service bullitan 106 that details how to solve this problem. I got this from Marco:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-6326-00

Marco includes the service bullitan, which explains what to do. After installing, my problem appears to be solved (knock on wood). Installing the wires in the harness did require me to strip back the wires about 1/8 inch in two spots and use a screw driver to push in. It didn't work before I stripped the wires.

1 month later
#4040 2 years ago

Only a theory as I was messing around, there was a ball left in shooter lane when the kids left. So the coil fired to get ball up there then nothing. I thought for sure, launch button broke or wire broke off plunger coil. Then during testing last night I had the door open to use the service buttons, didn't even think at the time to close door while doing coil tests. nothing fired, i tested the fuses and checked everything, wiggled some shit. put it all back together to say fuck it 'till another day, I closed it up and did a coil test and they all fired. wtf... but then I realized the High power cut off didn't display on screen when I had originally opened door. I poked the two buttons that door pushes in a few times. So.,.. maybe all fine.

There is a one minute fix thread where the fix should have taken one minute, but ended up way longer. You got one here.

1 week later
#4063 2 years ago

Why complain about randam ball saves? I need them, ya'll.

1 week later
#4077 2 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Yeah I got in touch with Pinball Haus over eBay. Turns out shipping plastics to the states these days is prohibitively expensive for just one plastic. Been trying to figure out if it's worth getting a whole repro set from PinballCenter in Germany but their shipping scenarios seem funky.

I guess I got lucky last year. I had to get a new "schooner" plastic from Pinball Haus and it was a good match. I ended up buying some stickers to because why not. Shipping was surprisingly cheap. It did take awhile though.

1 month later
#4105 2 years ago
Quoted from GraniteStatePin:

Thanks guys, I dug in and F2 (off the board) was blown, after testing it appears my bridge @ BR1 has caught a radical wave and totally slammed!
In other news! Had some of these made up and have extras. Fitment is spot on and I'm happy with the quality. $5 shipped each if anybody is interested just PM me. thx

I had been looking for those and could not find. I ended up with Pinball Haus' sticker because I was getting a plastic from them, but this is what I really want. I will be sending a PM.

#4109 2 years ago
Quoted from funworldgr:

Hi,
Baywatch for me was the series I was watching as a child despite being in Greece, (yes baywatch is very famous in Greece..) I was born in a family which operates games for a leaving and I was always looking to buy a baywatch pinball or whatever was on the TV when I was a child.., once I did I realized how awsome was the 192x64 display.. I was lucky with my first pick because the cabinet is amazing and only a few fixes were enough for having a perfect working machine!
A month ago I bought my second one, firstly I ordered the XLED colorDMD and some parts for the repair, the pin is ready but I am going to need a decal job, could anyone help me with the file? I will always be ready to return the favor once I can..[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I wish I could help with the decal, but welcome to the club.

#4110 2 years ago

Can you use regular LED replacements in SEGA pins, or do you need to use non-ghosting?? Getting ready to replace all bulbs and that's a heft investment.....
Also, has anyone lit the two plastics mounted onto the back of the black metal standing bracket above the pops? Want to do that but not sure if there is clearance to but washers behind the plastics to make room for an led strip, or necessary to cut squares out of the metal itself??

I don't know if it was completely necessary, but I used non-ghosting Comet LEDs all way around. I had a particular that was not a non-ghosting in the lifeguard stand and it looked bad. I had to replace with another Comet.

1 week later
#4132 2 years ago

Shopping my BW, I have never seen those half-post sleeves disintegrate when removing them!! I don't think this playfield has ever been taken apart! These are no longer rubber but rigid plastic. Originals were black, I kept seeing black pieces of plastic breaking and sliding down the playfield, now I know what it was..........opted for dark blue sleeves, looks nice.
Some posts with the full-length sleeve I can't even remove, they must have really shrunk down in size once they start drying out.
Will be a huge difference in play once I get this thing tuned up.
Are LED flashers ok to use on SEGA? There are some in impossibly hard areas, one beneath the life-gaurd tower that really need an LED so they never go bad anytime soon......
Word of caution, if installing the shark hole cliffy, be aware that there's a very good reason one of the screws holding the vuk (they screw from the bottom upwards) has a washer around it, this screw points directly upwards behind the upper left flipper, there's a small "canal" carved into the playfield there, and a screw without washer will go right up into the top of the pf. Doh!

Mine disintegrated as well, couldn't believe I was the first one in there changing 'em out. I had to put some in hot water to remove off the post as well they were so tight.

2 weeks later
#4156 2 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

After a year and a half after stupidly selling my mint Baywatch, I was thankfully contacted by the buyer and was able to get it back.
I got rid of it last time as I noticed a lot of similarities with it to Stern TMNT (and there are quite a few shared shots between it and TMNT), which I had just gotten and was in the honeymoon stage with. TMNT lasted a little over a year, Baywatch is back and bolted to the floor!

Welcome back!

#4165 2 years ago

I’ve Had my BW for like 5+ years. I got turtles pro in March and sold it November. Still have Baywatch

You need that beach scene to warm you up during those cold winters.

#4167 2 years ago

Absolutely. We’ve been in a deep freeze for a month

You need some:

2 weeks later
#4182 2 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Anyone looking to leave the club? I have never played this title but have seen it on a few streams and it really has me interested in giving it a try

No, it's bolted to the floor. Cliche response, but I'll probably switch out in a year or two because I have room for only one pin. I'm sure you'll find something because it really is a great game, especially with the XL ColorDMD.

#4185 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

General question: How does nudging the game work after its bolted to the floor?
(And I guess that slide saves would then be out of the realm of possibility.)

You have to have the leg bolts be real loose.

#4189 2 years ago
Quoted from P1NBALL:

Upper midwesterner looking for my first pin. This machine looks to be ideal! Anyone looking to sell?

My advice to you is if this is your first pin, make sure the one you buy has been recently shopped. This pin is Mother F'r for shopping.

1 week later
#4191 2 years ago

bridgeman

This piece gave me big trouble because it just wan't fitting. It took me over a month to put back together because I was waiting on parts and I didn't take good enough pictures. I thought I had it and then stuff wasn't working. I took it back apart and then boom it just fit right. I just took these pics for you.

IMG_20220217_212502378 (resized).jpgIMG_20220217_212502378 (resized).jpgIMG_20220217_212448094 (resized).jpgIMG_20220217_212448094 (resized).jpgIMG_20220217_212414987 (resized).jpgIMG_20220217_212414987 (resized).jpg

#4192 2 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Hey Everyone and Anyone,
I am looking for a little help. Done a complete topside tear down to install my new ramps and am having trouble with an area of reassembly. It is the back connection of the Iron man/Tourist ramp. I am attaching a pic of the area and if someone could get a pic for me of how that goes together I would greatly appreciate it![quoted image]

You are also missing a tear drop piece of plastic that covers that hole. I have never figured out what that is there.

#4197 2 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

I appreciate the pic Ryan. I really thought I was meticulous to take a bunch of pics...and I did. However, apparently not of this location. I believe this pic shows me what I need to know. I will be back on the project Sunday and find out! Again Thanks!!
Patrick.

I thought so too when taking before pictures. To get that one you really have to get your phone in there.

Glad I could help.

#4203 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I realize this translite isnt very family friendly but that's a shark I dont want to jump.

Maybe Pam's boobs could be made to look more natural instead. Fat faced Hoff looks weird.

1 week later
#4205 2 years ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

Before doing my tear down, I had marked every connectors so they would be easier to identify when reconnecting everything.
Yesterday I noticed in the watch tower area there is 3 connectors that are basically identical. I plugged everything according to my marking but I noticed the wire colors did not match. When looking at the pictures I took before the teardown, I can see the wires were already missmatched. Is this something normal, or is all wires are supposed to be matching for each connector?
On my pic you can see one of the green/yellow connector is connected to the green/purple and the other connector is the same.
[quoted image]

I opened the hood for you. Mine all match.

IMG_20220304_232024325 (resized).jpgIMG_20220304_232024325 (resized).jpgIMG_20220304_232013521 (resized).jpgIMG_20220304_232013521 (resized).jpgIMG_20220304_231941096 (resized).jpgIMG_20220304_231941096 (resized).jpgIMG_20220304_231927817 (resized).jpgIMG_20220304_231927817 (resized).jpgIMG_20220304_231923357 (resized).jpgIMG_20220304_231923357 (resized).jpg

#4207 2 years ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

Great! Thanks for taking the time. I've got these "red lines / green dots" on my connectors too, and they weren't matching. I guess someone messed that up at a some point.

No problem, while under there I noticed some loose screws on my shark fin flipper. Plus, decided to finally glue the left hand rail on the guard tower platform back on. It wasn't on the pin when I bought it, but found the piece in the cabinet while cleaning. Read the label on this glue. I can attest, it does stick to skin instantly.

IMG_20220305_002124935 (resized).jpgIMG_20220305_002124935 (resized).jpgIMG_20220305_004818333 (resized).jpgIMG_20220305_004818333 (resized).jpg

IMG_20220305_002124935 (resized).jpgIMG_20220305_002124935 (resized).jpgIMG_20220305_004818333 (resized).jpgIMG_20220305_004818333 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#4212 2 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

Chad's, v4.01, pinballcode.com, no, it's amazing and completely changes the game (for the better) from stock. Let alone the changes in mode scoring, skill shot, bug fixes, etc., the reduction of the seizure inducing flashing is worth it on it's own. Burn the rom, and never look back.

I second this.

Edit: I don't have ability to burn roms. Matt's Basement Arcade sells them cheap.

#4220 2 years ago

So I have to put a chip in to run custom firmware?

Yeah, no USB or wifi on these 90's pins. Got to pull the chip and put new one in.

Don't forget to tip Chad for his time and effort.

Sorry to hear about Matt.

#4223 2 years ago

I was playing a game tonight and the shark flipper stuck in the up position. I opened the hood and found the flipper linkage had bound up because the pin holding the plunger to the link broke. I'm looking online and can't find a rebuild kit for the shark flipper. I can find kits for the standard flippers. I coud use some guidance.

#4225 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

It should be the same I think.

Well, the linkages are different. It appears the two uppers are the same, but different from the lowers. The lower is what I see kits for online. Maybe the actual pin that holds the parts together, which is what broke, is the same. However, if I'm in there, I would love to do a rebuild to bring it back to new.

#4239 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I think the return spring styles are the main difference but I don’t see why the others couldn’t be used. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'll order the kit and at very least I'll redo the bottom flippers. I also need an extra long Allen key because I couldn't get the screw holding the flipper shaft to budge.

#4242 2 years ago

The machine was working great when I got it. I don’t know if these wires came undone during transit. The back wire looks like a grounding wire. Where do I attach it? The other wires seem to have no spots to connect them. Can anyone help me out?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those two connecters have nothing plugged into them on mine either. Always wondered what they were for. The grounding wire on mine cleanly goes around the whole cab and connects to each leg bolt bracket.

#4245 2 years ago

Sorry for the cargument, but if you don't have a good ground it probably won't work right.

#4253 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I would also order a new Life Guard Tower, you're is broken, missing the handrail on the right

I wouldn't worry about it. Mine was missing the left side and thought it was normal because I saw a lot of pics without it. Later it was in the back of the cabinet. CosmoConstant's might be in there, fingers crossed.

For shopping CosmoConstant you will have to do a top side tear down to replace most GI bulbs and rubbers. I found this blog to be very helpful.

http://pinballnovice.blogspot.com/2014/12/baywatch-all-together-now.html

#4254 2 years ago

This machine looks like a challenge. I’ve replaced all of the bulbs in older machines quite a few times (nothing newer than 1988). I’m color blind so I get my wife and son to help me out when I install these LED kits. I’ve bought LED bulbs from Comet before but this will be the first kit from Comet that I have bought. Hopefully it explains everything like the Marco kits do.
I think as far as the braided grounding wire goes I am just going to solder the new wire to the old wire and use a plastic shrink band on the solder spot. I use a heat gun to shrink the plastic on there, that way the solder job never comes undone. Then I should have plenty of wire to give it a wrap or two around one of each leg bolts.

Hopefully they did white for all GI and color matched inserts. I have Comet non-ghosting in mine, but didn't get a kit. I took my own faulty inventory before ordering and of course had to make two additional orders afterward because I got it wrong.

#4256 2 years ago

Thanks guys, the lower flipper kit very much works for the upper, it just comes with extra stuff you don't need for them. I read several pages of Vid's guide to flipper rebuilding because I have never done one. Well, I read the guide after ordering my kit from Marco and Vid1900 said you need the flipper bushing and it doesn't come in the kits. Also, the flipper set tool is hard too find. Well, cheers to Marco, as they included all that.

Overall, rebuilding the one flipper for the first time ever for me ended up being a one beer job. People rag on DE/Sega, but I could have done it without even removing the holder. There are no backing nuts. I decided to remove everything anyway, minus the coil itself that I zip tied to the playfield, because the two bolts took some elbow grease to remove. Plus it made it easier to clean 'er up.

This definately needed to be done. I'm going to do the rest next:

IMG_20220323_183045824 (resized).jpgIMG_20220323_183045824 (resized).jpg

#4259 2 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Might be joining the club in a couple of weeks. Sounds like the must have mods on this title are the updated custom code and perhaps the color Dmd. Anything else recommended? Shaker(does game even support a shaker? or art blades?

ColorDMD is a must. With the orange the animations really don't stand out, but the ColorDMD folks knocked it out of the park. Plus, sell your OG DMD if still good and get half your money back on the ColorDMD. Even use the ColorDMD box to ship the OG display.

Yours might already have, but the 5V display kit for the serivice bulliton is a must if your DMD cuts out on you while playing. Works like a charm.

Shaker, don't know. I'm in the camp that doesn't like moving old electronics around like that.

Chad's code is great, but not a must. What I really wish I had was an OCD LED controller, but not available. Chad's code help, but what can be done with code is limited.

Some people like putting Barbie Doll toys, plastic aquatic animals, and plastic palm trees; I would avoid that.

#4260 2 years ago

I’m going to fix my lifeguard hut railing with popsicle sticks. First I measured and cut them, then I superglued them. Next I will sand them. After that I will see if I need to paint them or stain them. Maybe I can get by without doing that and just superglue them on after I finish sanding them. The color looks pretty close.

If you can make a kit, you can sell as a mod for $. Looking forward to the end result.

#4271 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I went with plastic palm trees at the back and I quite like the result but understand it’s not for everyone
I also went with mirror blades with the decals over the top of them[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The powder coat looks good. Did you paint the front of the back box blue? It looks cool like that.

CosmoConstant Don't forget Cliffy's. The shark hole really needs it.

1 week later
#4290 2 years ago

What is a square deal for one of these color screens? Is $500 a square deal or is it a little high?

Install is pretty easy. Once you put in the ColorDMD, list your OG DMD for $200 + shipping and ship using the ColorDMD box. Assuming your OG DMD is still good. That's whay I and others have done. It gives you nice offset in the $500 price.

#4294 2 years ago

Are you selling guys selling it on here or EBay?

I posted here and FB MP. I don't bother with CL anymore and don't want to deal with eBay. Mine sold on FB to an out of town person.

Edit: I don't think it took more than a month to do so. Be sure to take pics and videos of your OG DMD working before you take out. That helps with the sell.

#4295 2 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Made some target decals with a segmented shark on the shark targets.
Really happy with them. Fully laminated heavy duty.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1026-pinball-haus/04351-baywatch-target-and-drop-down-decals-

I was looking at some old posts and saw this. I got these and they look great and have held up well.

#4316 2 years ago

I redid my wires so that they match yours. Thank you for the photo.[quoted image]

I was no help. Glad you got it figured out.

#4322 2 years ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

I'm trying to change my flipper bats that are really cracked but I can't manage to get that hex bolt moving. It there something I don't understand? Is there something else that need to be done before? Applying a lot of strenght (at the point I fear breaking something) but nothing move...?[quoted image]

What tool are you using? Mine were very tight so I got a hex socket to use with my ratchet because even a long allen wrench wasn't working for me. That gave me more torque and I was able to break all the bolts. I posted in the Vid's Flipper guide before I got the hex socket and he was suggesting if you can't get it with leverage heat up the bolt with a soldering iron to melt the Loctite. I didn't have to do that though.

#4324 2 years ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

I tried hard with an Allen Wrench at the point I feared breaking something, I thought it might be Loctite. I might try the heat or the ratchet then.
Another issue: I had the 4.01 chip that came with the game, when I try to install it, the game won't boot. I hear the "Baywatch will be right back" and then the game turn dark and nothing happen. If I put back the 4.0 code everything is fine...Any idea?

All I got is, is the new chip fully seated? I'm sure you checked that though. Hopefully you get your answer.

Edit: When these chips are burned does it always take correctly? Maybe bad chip.

#4328 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

It's super easy, just use the wiring harness they send with it and follow the directions for install and to load the ROM program using a USB stick. I have one of these in my Baywatch and The Walking Dead (Pro).

Yes, it comes with everything you need to hook it up except the USB stick. I had to make a Target run when mine came in because I didn't have one sitting around. Install is easy, especially coming off a Baywatch shop job.

Edited to add, their instruction manual is great.

#4331 2 years ago

Sad these days a gunky, rundown BW is $3K, alas it is what it is. I paid just a couple hundred more the summer of 2020 that needed to be shopped (and in my opinion switched to LED), but not deep cleaned or considered rundown by any means.

I have considered getting those side blades. Do you like / recommend them?

1 week later
#4355 1 year ago

What is the trick to removing and replacing the bottom two flippers on Baywatch? The less I have to do the better.
[quoted image]

The screws are most likely going to be very tight to remove the bats and shaft. I had to get a Hex socket to use my ratchet set to get enough levarage to remove.

#4361 1 year ago

That color dots for Baywatch has to be some of the best in the business

I would certainly say probably the best improvement from OG to color. I would say any DMD that has movie/show clips really benefits from Color DMD. I got to say Baywatch provides awesome source material for the dots. I'm so immature, usually my only goal is to achieve spelling GUARD for the bouncy boob match scene. When you spell GUARD and do especially well scoring it's even better.

#4378 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

New to the club here. Can you tell me what the Lite orbit rollover is supposed to do? Should it play a sound when the ball hits the rollover and should something else light?

Welcome to the club! Sudsy7, thanks for answering because I didn't know either.

#4391 1 year ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

I always thought the standard SOF was a Swords of Fury reference, but I forgot about it one magical night when I got to replace the SOF initials for Shark Awards with my initials. Hopefully someone else can elaborate.

Yes, SOF stands for Swords of Fury. It's a tribute to the Lionman thread by Chad. I have still not been able to replace those with my initials, dammit.

#4392 1 year ago

I never would have got it done well if not I believe. It was very tight to slide down. And I didn’t want to fuck around too much with it. With help, the PF removal was easy, so i’m happy I took it out.

Holy crap. That will make me never install side blades. Too much work! Looks great though.

#4400 1 year ago

Nice, shop job. When I did mine the only regret was not doing what someone else did early on this thread. He added a spot light on the guard station. That continues to be the one really dark part of the playfield.

3 weeks later
#4426 1 year ago

That stinks. Hope you can find a replacement.

#4431 1 year ago

Does Pinball Haus have these? I order a much needed plastic piece from him when my dog chewed it up when I had the playfield torn apart for cleaning.

2 weeks later
#4494 1 year ago

I almost dropped the playfield when I was looking at mine to buy. The only other machine I had owned besides a 1947 United was a B/W Doctor Who. The DW had a hinge and simply rotated up. I assumed the same so when I went to lift before pulling and luckily the owner caught me because the back left corner almost dropped. Funny thing is it was summer 2020 and we were being very Covid aware and distancing. However, when he saw what I was doing he moved super fast to help me. It was embarrassing, but no harm done.

1 month later
#4522 1 year ago

My original drop target bank plastic had the sail clipped and the replacement I bought from Pinball Haus. His plastice worked well for me after my dog chewed mine up (faulty storage on my part when I had the playfield stripped).

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1026-pinball-haus/00421-baywatch-3-bank-drop-plastic-830-5475-10

I wonder if it is clipped so that lamp can project more light.

Edit: I just noticed that bottom pic says mod and I don't see screw holes. I would just get the top one, which is the original design.

#4527 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I have a new, never installed (only opened) baywatch cliffy set, I never got installed. $50 + shipping.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's a deal. Plus, you can get it right away. It took me about 6 weeks to get mine straight from Cliff.

#4529 1 year ago

That was fast.

2 weeks later
#4560 1 year ago

That's a looker for sure. Great job.

2 weeks later
#4578 1 year ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

It's been a long time and I haven't received my purchase... I have sent him 3 emails but no response. Does anyone have contact with the owners of that page? and some other place where I can buy that plastic for the second time?. Thank you

That sucks man. Hope you get the part.

2 weeks later
#4592 1 year ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

Replaced what I assume were the original flipper bats. From the looks and cracks on the originals…it was overdue. Now for some play testing for the rest of the night, you know to be sure they are properly installed. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love the sonic logo, but I'm thinking about getting some precision flipper bats.

#4595 1 year ago
Quoted from BozoTheClown:

I bought a set to try out in mine. Hoping to start putting the machine back together this week.

Cool, they would definitely be an alcohol influenced purchase if I get them. Totally something I see myself doing late at night.

2 weeks later
#4597 1 year ago

I hope you get it, but I would recommend ColorDMD you won't regret it

#4606 1 year ago
Quoted from nighttaco:

So I was thinking of putting a color dmd in my Baywatch, cheapest I can find is like $550, is this the going rate now? Seems spendy...

That's about $75 more than I paid a couple years ago. However, I offset the cost by selling the orange display, which I got $200 for. It took a couple months to sell, but it eventually did. It's a must have IMO.

#4611 1 year ago
Quoted from nighttaco:

Yeah I agree it's a must have, just hard to justify half of what I paid for the whole game lol

Wait, you paid how much for the game? Problem for you is not the cost of the ColorDMD, but that you got a smokin' deal on a BW.

#4613 1 year ago
Quoted from nighttaco:

I've had it since around '08 or '09, at the time was the going rate, gotta get used to the big prices nowadays.

I suspected such. Convert your purchase price to inflation in today's dollars and add 50%. Then compare that to the cost of the ColorDMD. You'll feel a lot better.

#4616 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Played a few games last night and my shark flipper doesn’t seem to activate when I hit the flipper button. Anyone have experience fixing that?

Is the EOS switch making contact?

#4620 1 year ago

I think that is behind the guard station.

Screen Shot 2022-09-26 at 8.34.56 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-09-26 at 8.34.56 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2022-09-26 at 8.35.09 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-09-26 at 8.35.09 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2022-09-26 at 8.35.18 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-09-26 at 8.35.18 PM (resized).png

#4622 1 year ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Thanks Ryan!

No problem. I believe the top picture was mine, but the other two I had to pull off the webs after not taking enough myself when I was putting it back together a couple years ago.

#4624 1 year ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Lol I was looking at pics here and couldn’t find it either. Makes sense as it’s hidden.

This website should be a sticky somehow for this club.

http://pinballnovice.blogspot.com/2014/12/baywatch-how-to-tear-down-playfield.html

Whoever did this was a lifesaver for me.

2 weeks later
#4632 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I picked up a nice Baywatch with color Pin2dmd. However there are some scenes that look off on the dmd. For instance the pops buoys the screen is blue, same with water skiing video mode. Anyone else with pin2dmd experience this? I am not familiar with it or how to delete/install software[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I don't have an answer, but if you check the early pages on this thread there's Pin2dmd drama. Check it out.

#4633 1 year ago
Quoted from nighttaco:

I am going to bite the bullet and get the color dmd for my Baywatch, anything I need to know before I pull the trigger? And where do you guys recommend I buy from? thanks.

Only every second you delay is a regret.

1 week later
#4638 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

What the easiest way to change out the 3 bulbs on the tower? I looked back there and the sockets seem to be attached to a metal plate.

It's been awhile, but I believe I just pulled them with my fingers. Went through a few bulbs deciding on color and settled back on green, but also had some non non-ghosting LEDs that did poorly there. So I pulled them in and out several times.

#4640 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

The bulbs there now are wedge so tubing won’t work. Plus the sit flush with the plastic so my sausage fingers can’t grip them

Ha, so are mine. Maybe I used something to grab them. Just can't remember.

#4646 1 year ago
Quoted from Huggers:

Game is installed. My second Baywatch!

Nice content.

#4649 1 year ago
Quoted from mikespins:

Does anyone have an issue with their drop targets getting knocked out of alignment after a hard hit, requiring glass removal and resetting? If so, is there a fix for that? If not, I'm going to design and 3d print one.

Luckily this has not happened to me

2 weeks later
#4660 1 year ago

Have you done the DMD service bulletin fix? That worked for me. I also changed ribbon cables before doing the TSB, but it didn't fix the problem. The TSB fix did.

#4664 1 year ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

I believe it is Sega service bulletin #106
And that these links should help.
https://arcarc.xmission.com/Pinball/Stern%20Service%20Bulletins/sb/sb106.pdf
https://www.pinballlife.com/sega-harness-update-kit-for-192x64-displays.html
My Baywatch has with the same connector removed and cable soldered to the pins, but everything was in good working order so I left it as is. The color DMD is worth the wait and the price. I don’t know about Pin2dmd, sorry. If you do make an order from pinball life I have other suggestions for your cart beyond the basics…like spare Sonic flipper bats, anypin dmd+ NVRam, anti-sway bracket for any leaning yellow stand-up targets, and the White North Retro Data East Noise/Hum Filter.
Chad’s code update for Baywatch is amazing if your BW doesn’t already have it installed.
Sadly, you did just miss the run of the EnerGI Maestro - LED GI Smoother (for Data East) to make the LEDs in Baywatch less seizure inducing. I had to unplug CN7 in the backbox to make BW less flashy without the EnerGI Maestro.
I love this pin so much, welcome to the club
-Lb

I got my service bullitin kit from Marco.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-6326-00

I think I read in the begginning of this thread that Brasso will remove the coating on the wireforms. I just used Novus 1 or 2 on mine. People that really want to bring them to life get them refinished.

#4666 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

If anyone ordered an extra ENERGI MAESTRO and would like to help out a fellow Pinsider, I would love to Purchase from you. Cheers.

I am so glad I saw that thread when I did because I had been searching for one. He might do another run if you add your name to the list.

I noticed a huge difference. However, I've been one on one with each of my kids asking if they noticed anything different. They are like, what you talking about? There's no clicking anymore, says me. Then they machine gun the flippers and say what do you mean, it clicks.

#4668 1 year ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

First your kids are hilarious, second you helped make the last run a reality. You got me and several others to also contact caker137 about a new run. My 14 year old son and I thank you, it has made our Last Action Hero and Baywatch so much easier on the eyes.

Awesome. I still need to get in and do some programming of the settings. Caker's video help explains what to do.

I've still not had a chance to play a LAH. Hear it's a great game.

#4676 1 year ago

I found that i DID NOT need the EnerGI Maestro that I had spoken for after I put Chad's code in. It changed it enough that it didn't bother me at all anymore. And believe me, it bothered me tons
Take the most pics of any pin you've stripped, baywatch is a bitch.

Chad's code is great, but was not revolutionary for me. I was excited to show my step dad my BW and he could not play it as it killed his eyes. This is after Chad's code. Plus you still get all the clicking. With EnerGI Maestro I can contol how bright the bulbs get and can set it to not flash the backbox.

#4682 1 year ago

Sorry, but why do people want non-factory toppers? I don't get it. Guys early on this thread where putting rescue torpedoes up top. I just don't get it.

#4684 1 year ago

I can totally understand that RyanStl . First this is just me sharing, cause I love share ideas and i love to make things…I guess the attempt here was to make something that felt somewhat factory and true to the brand. But definitely not for everyone. Cheers

You make good effort, so I don't want to diminish that. I was generally speaking now that toppers are now a new economy.

#4690 1 year ago

Do you all know where i could find the metal shield for the back of the DMD I realized mine is gone? i'm assuming its important for protection and interference.

I might have this after installing my ColorDMD. I hope my wife didn't throw it out.

#4691 1 year ago

Is this what you need?

IMG_20221116_213209295 (resized).jpgIMG_20221116_213209295 (resized).jpg

#4695 1 year ago

I have 4 left of the subway supports with felt tape on them if anyone needs a subway fix. 12.00 shipped to you. Just PM me. Thanks
[quoted image]

Thanks Soulrider911. I don't have issues there, but I like bulletproofing.

#4697 1 year ago

Holy cow, that powdercoat looks nice.

#4699 1 year ago

Thank you the photos don’t do them justice, they really look like brass.

It's way nicer than the blue or yellow I've seen. Also, received the bracket yesterday or day before. Thanks!

#4714 1 year ago

Is the right a bit further down to begin with? They should be the same if set right. Also, make sure you have no binding of the linkage.

Welcome to the club

#4724 1 year ago
Quoted from BotkinRacing:

Yep, you know it! And yes, absolutely love this table and the seller that you probably know as well was outstanding with the sale. I just noticed the right flipper the other night and of course it's bugging me to death now!

You need Vid's guide to flippers and post there. He'll set straight.

Edit: corrected wrong info about flipper coil wraps

#4726 1 year ago

Well maybe mine aren't OG

#4728 1 year ago

I dug into the topic gallery as well to ensure this was true and every example I found the coils only have small wrappers on them like the pic BotkinRacing shared. Just wanna make sure my facts are straight

Ok, popping the hood now

#4729 1 year ago

I dug into the topic gallery as well to ensure this was true and every example I found the coils only have small wrappers on them like the pic BotkinRacing shared. Just wanna make sure my facts are straight

I was totally wrong and will edit prior post

#4732 1 year ago

Hey friends, I have been doing some searching and quickly realized that there are no decent designs for Baywatch cards. So I decided to go ahead and make some.
Here is the first pass.[quoted image]

Those are classy looking.

#4734 1 year ago

Thanks RyanStl trying to keep it clean and simple. Any suggestions?

Piece of feedback then, not saying right or wrong and I like it, but I've never seen Baywatch written out in blue. It works though IMO

#4736 1 year ago

Yep good call, same here on the blue… I have played with the color of the logo and sun a ton… red or yellow might be best

Might consider blue Sega logo.

1 week later
#4747 1 year ago

Has anyone rebuilt their right kickback? I see they sell the whole assemply on Marco, but I just want to do a rebuild like with a flipper. Mines not hitting all that well and balls are getting stuck there.

#4748 1 year ago

Not my photo, but this is the one.

Screen Shot 2022-12-11 at 9.29.57 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-12-11 at 9.29.57 PM (resized).png

#4753 1 year ago

I just rebuilt mine. It might be that the alignment of the coil is not hitting the ball in the center, and or the coil sleeve is swelled and sticking to the plunger. You can adjust the angle of the coil with the mounting screws.Hope that helps.

When I got the game it wasn't even screwed in. I took care of that, but it's probably loose. If I'm taking it apart, I may as well replace the sleeve.

#4767 1 year ago

Finally arrived! Also got 2 Backbox warning decals: one blue, and one black as I’m not sure if I’m going to paint the cabinet blue or black.
[quoted image]

Those will look great on your TOTAN.

1 week later
#4775 1 year ago

Best addition to a BW there is. It totally improves the show clips.

1 week later
#4777 1 year ago

Finally getting back at it. Backbox is done.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks awesome.

#4781 1 year ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

I was really thinking of doing mine red along with the wires but am torn on doing gold wire forms and red legs, armor, etc

Post #2932 has a real nice darker blue that looks great in pictures.

I'm not a fan of post #3984 that has color matching blue to the cabinet.

3 weeks later
#4805 1 year ago

Mine too. Any idea what it could have been saved for?

#4811 1 year ago

Hey folks, I have only played a few games so far and man, what an underrated game. So fun! I have all the new roms and going to install them tonight.
Question… are any of you using spot lights? I installed one and might do another the center of this game is real dark.
Thanks!

No, but the only real dark spot is the guard tower ramp. It could use some extra light.

#4826 1 year ago

I replaced my flashers with LED, but didn't go hog wild on the amount of LEDs. I used Comet for all.

#4837 1 year ago

Soulrider911, that's cool if you colorize those missing pieces and hope you have fun with it.

#4840 1 year ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Yes, I know all about LCM. I want you to give that player score screen a go then, and then come back here and tell me how "much, much easier" it is. You will invest hundreds of hours into colorizing and triggering that one screen and my bet is you won't ever succeed and you'll eventually give up. But since you think you know more than I do about this, I really want you to give it a try. The hard way, is the only way, you will convince yourself.

I guess you are glass half empty guy. Just let Soulrider911 do his thing and let it be.

#4855 1 year ago
Quoted from Bakchos:

So I redid both connectors.
Now I get there real effects
I didn't known the gi could flash like that!
Thé hack had the relay bypassed....
Love it now.
Thanks guys!

Ah shit, the person probably worked hard to get rid of the GI relay flash everyone hates. Too funny. Loving my EnerGI Meastro.

#4863 1 year ago

That's a good for the worst hack thread.

1 week later
#4889 1 year ago

Hey Bakchos. Have you done the service update on the 5v + gnd to the display board from the power board?
Many monitor reset issues stem from poor current or voltage. It’s amazing the connection literally has to be almost perfect.
https://www.pinballlife.com/sega-harness-update-kit-for-192x64-displays.html

This worked for me.

#4891 1 year ago
Quoted from Bakchos:

Just want to say that I started swapping leds to comet matched kit to replace the cheap leds the previous owner had partially installed
And wow what a difference!

They are the best.

#4893 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Anyone install precision flippers yet? Wondering if the increase in flipper power is “too much”. I don’t wanna break plastics

I thought about it, have the same concern. They look really nice though.

#4898 1 year ago
Quoted from BozoTheClown:

I like them a lot. Went with reds, but I picked up a set of plain bats at the same time in case the colors didn't mesh well. Reds remain in the game as I like the looks.

Did you do the upper left flipper as well?

#4904 1 year ago

I always thought the blue halos would look awesome on this pin.

1 week later
#4917 1 year ago

Love the leg bolts.

#4929 1 year ago

I know you get the first girls booby jiggles spelling GUARD. How do you get them all?

Mine doesn't blank out like that either.

#4936 1 year ago

Well this is frustrating. The game is playable and everything works as it should all seems well... BUT the score on the display always reads 0. My assumption is its either a ribbon cable issue or the main board. Does anyone have any ideas? I would love any help.

Maybe start a thread in that issue alone. You'll get more help

3 weeks later
#4957 1 year ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Quick question for Baywatch owners. Will led bulbs "flicker" in this pin? I had to put an LED board in my STTNG years ago or the lights would flicker, I can't remember if it was the GI, playfield or both.

Use good non-ghosting LEDs and you'll be fine. Many of us have a control board like EnerGI Meastro but for other reasons.

#4961 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

Hey all,
Currently borrowing a friend's Baywatch, which we'll be using in a comp at the end of April.
I love it so much. What an under appreciated game.
Is it just me or is the laser kickback far too easy to relight? I've set it onto the hardest setting but it still seems to only require one hit of the standups, the same as the previous difficulties!
It's made worse by the fact the shark kickout often hits the standups for you.
I was hoping the hardest setting for kickback would require you to complete both standup inserts.
It's running ChadH code if it helps!

No, I love that because I suck and need the left save.

#4962 1 year ago

Need a little Baywatch help. I noticed tonight that the left flipper activates (stutters) when the ball is bouncing around in the pops or when it ejects out of the earth quake vuk. I put in around 40 or so leds tonight under the playfield but no led flashers. Not sure if the problem existed before the leds or not. Any input appreciated.

I have all LEDs and this doesn't happen to me.

#4967 1 year ago

If anyone cares... It ended up just being the switch/button. I feel like a moron. Simple fix. I should be bringing it to MGC.

As long as you figured it out, you are no moron.

1 week later
#4977 1 year ago
Quoted from Dmod:

The ColorDMD runs off the same (dedicated) factory 18V supply as the original 192x64 plasma DMD. It does not draw any current from the 5V supply.
The (factory) Sega display board runs off 5V and will reset/reboot if the voltage there falls lower than the watchdog voltage on the board. A poor cable connection at the wire harness connector or board header can cause a drop in voltage.

My OG display was shutting off as I played. Installed the ColorDMD and it was doing the same. I did the 5V TSB and all was solved. Not sure if just a poor cable connection is the problem, but you are the expert. Still, ColorDMD is the number 1 best addition to Baywatch. Just so good.

2 months later
#4995 10 months ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

Hope all is well! Looking for best choice for cabinet decals for BW as well as powder coating scheme suggestions. Thank you! JR

Scan through the pictures in this thread and you'll find everything from awesome to yuck.

#4997 10 months ago

Post 3625 had really nice powder coating on the armor. I personnally wouldn't change the brass wireforms. Maybe a refresh to look new, but I think the brass is about perfect.

1 week later
#4999 10 months ago

All Wrong.

1. They are red and fade to white. Maybe they go yellow first, but I don't think so.
2. It's 5 balls.
3. I have a bulb panel similar to B/W pins, no light tube.

Maybe people would know more, but that sounds all weird.

#5001 10 months ago

Also, 1 owner HUO Baywatch is very, very unlikely. Not impossible, but these were at a time when you didn't have much HUO and these were routed as main purpose.

#5002 10 months ago

Did the seller have proof?

#5006 9 months ago

I've seen white swimsuit you would swear it was like that, but it was the red faded all the way to white. Why would the middle girl be faded and not the other two? Here is the kicker, the middle girl isn't in a bikini on my game. Pictures I see of other games, the middle girl is a one piece.

#5013 9 months ago

Could this be a prototype?

#5014 9 months ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

Also the front decal is totally different. Sorry if that was mentioned already. The tube light looks stock with the mounting brackets the same metal finish as the coil brackets etc..
Very interesting.

Great catch.

#5019 9 months ago

The apron is also blue, which looks great.

Edit: late in the game noticing that.

1 month later
#5030 7 months ago
Quoted from danczaz:

Anyone sell this in the USA or anyone have an extra?[quoted image]

I've bought a plastic from PinballHaus and was very happy. Shipping was really reasonable and pretty fast, and that was fall 2020.

#5035 7 months ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Does anyone have an original translite they would swap for this one, or has one they want to sell?[quoted image]
It came with the machine I just bought. It looks nice and all but I think I prefer the original look.

Nice try

2 weeks later
#5051 7 months ago
Quoted from Triplecdad:

Owned this game for years. Recently tried trading it ... hesitantly. Tried again. Fell through. So, I decided to keep it and install Ace8Track's color dmd. Wow! Everyone said this game needs a color DMD and they were absolutely right. Glad I still have it enjoying it more than ever. The Color DMD on this game in particular is a real plus. It was an easy install literally plug and play.

Amen brother!

2 months later
#5059 5 months ago

I am also saddened to say as of an hour ago I am no longer in the club. My Baywatch went to a really nice new Pinsider that drove 5 hours to pick up.

It is my opinion that Baywatch is the number 1 underated pin. Such a great game, but alas, in a one game collection (if you can call it that), it is time for me to move to something new.

4 months later
#5085 20 days ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I believe it is random. I have factory settings on mine and I get the jiggle once in about 5 plays. Sometimes only the end girl jiggles and sometimes the entire row.

It's not random. You have to complete spelling GUARD. You'll get the lead lady give a nice jiggle. I never did figure out how to get the whole line to do it other than I believe you need to score big enough in that mode.

#5097 14 days ago
Quoted from newovad:

4 out of 5 letters gets you the whole line. Possible that’s it’s anything over 100 million, which should be easy enough on 4 shots.

I never experienced that with 4 out of 5, always needed to spell the whole thing. I was running Chad code. Maybe that makes a difference.

#5099 14 days ago
Quoted from newovad:

Just did it today on Chad’s code. YMMV?

Well I don't know? Got 4 out of 5 a lot because I suck.

I have a new pinball place 5 minutes from my house call Lazarus Pinball Museum, it's a free play place. However, they have one pin a week on 50 cent game as a contest each week. I put $4 bucks in and only got 750,000. I would have blown it up if only I got the "D". No jiggle after getting "GAUR" and I was watching. However, I don't know if the game had OG or Chad code.

I'm excited that I have a Baywatch nearby now that I no longer own one.

#5101 14 days ago
Quoted from newovad:

Getting just GUARD gets you the jiggle on the end. Getting 4 of 5 shots in the hurry up mode gets you the whole line.

It's solved!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.00
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 22.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanstl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only?tu=ryanstl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.