20240416_080229 (resized).jpg
20240416_080137 (resized).jpg
IMG_4652 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4653 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4651 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4759 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4749 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmaniac40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1940 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Anybody on the thread an actual fan of the show? Could use some help identifying where some of the video is sourced from

For any video you cannot find, replacing with any TNA video will do fine.

#1942 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Randy is some kind of Baywatch clip savant and found them all. So we're good.

And I am helping to get a Baywatch to TPF.

#1959 6 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I'm trying to help a friend with their BW machine. It plays great and the display never has an issue, but the sound board cuts in and out a lot. It was "Baywatch will be right back" enough to make you think you should be shooting a pyramid. Sometimes the music works (when audio is working at all) and sometimes it's just the callouts/sound effects. Any key places to look first?

Try reseating both ends of the sound board ribbon cable. If that does not help, reseat all the connectors to the sound board.

2 weeks later
#2136 6 years ago

I cannot wait to see how the other 3 games turn out after seeing a few of these Baywatch videos.

#2143 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Sending the MPU board out for NVRAM

What? Oh, that is something you can do yourself. The old RAM on DE/Sega/Stern Whitestar games are already in an IC socket. Pop out the old one and install the new NVRAM. 30 second upgrade!!! Super easy.

http://www.pinitech.com/products/6264_nvram.php

#2145 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I need a header pin replaced on the board. I don't have the tools to do that. Thanks for the link.

You have lots of other DE/Sega games you can upgrade to NVRAM.

I do suggest new capacitors on DE/Sega power supplies. 3 of the smaller ones tend to leak and the electrolyte is just as corrosive as battery alkaline. In this case though, the electrolyte is also conductive and can short between a couple of voltage rails taking out the High Voltage.

3 weeks later
#2242 6 years ago
Quoted from Move-your-car:

some switches activate multiple switches simultaneously, ghost switches. Actually all of the switches that show this behaviour are connected via green/yellow cable to CN8-4, Q52; switches: 25, 26, 28, 30, 31 and 32. Slam tilt is one of the ghost switches activated by switch 31. This stops the game. I unplugged / replugged all plugs / cables from the boards, but no joy. Do I need to buy a new CPU board? Baywatch #sega #dataeast #ghostswitch

No, you do not need a new CPU board. Send it out for repair or try to learn to repair it with some advice here. Can you solder well on boards?

#2256 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I'm wondering how many XLColorDMD will be available when the first run is released

A limited number is all that was stated.

#2257 6 years ago

2018-04-20 21_44_47-ColorDMD Pinball Displays - Posts - Internet Explorer (resized).png2018-04-20 21_44_47-ColorDMD Pinball Displays - Posts - Internet Explorer (resized).png

#2271 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Order is placed. This is my first color DMD I plan on taking Baywatch to the New England Pintastic Show

Awesome. Let Randy know you are planning on taking it to he can send you an advertisement to put on your game. Email him at [email protected]

#2273 6 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I'd be hoping for a meager % discount on a new dmd if I was doing free advertising for them, wouldn't the business also want their sales (customers) to promote their sales for them? Or maybe this is already happening and i'm talking out my ass....

Randy gave discounts for TPF of games that were brought displaying a ColorDMD. Have to inquire if other shows qualify.

#2277 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Super excited for this! Will the Baywatch firmware be available to download when they ship?

As per the link, A full Baywatch announcement and preview will be sent in an upcoming email. For additional information, please join our mailing list, follow us on Facebook, or visit our website at www.colordmd.com!

#2279 6 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Yes! We will also be sending out a formal Baywatch announcement and preview soon!

Apparently, not soon enough for some.

#2309 5 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

So plug and play and you are ready to go ???
Or need to download when finalized ?

Same with any ColorDMD you purchase. People sometimes buy a display and put it in a different game than originally planned.

2018-04-27 19_48_19-X-LED Replacement Display for Baywatch Pinball Machines - ColorDMD Displays LLC  (resized).png2018-04-27 19_48_19-X-LED Replacement Display for Baywatch Pinball Machines - ColorDMD Displays LLC (resized).png

#2320 5 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Does Bay Area amusements have them? I bought some from them last year

As per the announcement, this run is only available from the ColorDMD webstore.

#2322 5 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

We are talking about inlane plastics ...

Crap. My bad. I was skimming some of the replies. Sorry guys.

#2323 5 years ago

It seems some X LED ColorDMDs should be arriving in some hands today and tomorrow in the states. Wishing I still had my game.

#2333 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Got mine a few hours ago. Might have time to install it this afternoon.

Quoted from PinRob:

Got my ColorDMD today! Well packed as usual and I will be installing it in a little while.

yoda meme there is no try - Bing images - Microsoft Internet Explorer provided b_2018-04-30_14-08-50 (resized).pngyoda meme there is no try - Bing images - Microsoft Internet Explorer provided b_2018-04-30_14-08-50 (resized).png

#2344 5 years ago
Quoted from FlipperMagician:

Balls! Mine arrived late yesterday evening because the post man missed it and came back around later. Thought I heard the 5th for the firmware too so I didn't even bother installing it.
Guess that will change tonight.

Yes, that was correct. But also the displays were actually scheduled to start shipping on the 5th. So getting the display and firmware earlier than announced seems to be a very good problem to have.

2 weeks later
#2445 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I've had issues with the ColorDMD where it will show the boot up screen (Display Version screen) in the middle of gameplay.

Do you have an original Data East power supply installed? If so, has it had new capacitors installed?

#2447 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I haven't done any work to the power supply, and i doubt that anything was ever done to it in the past.
Just seemed odd that it has never down this before and I'm only seeing now.

Sounds like a coincidence. Can you measure the 5v and 12v on the power supply and snap a picture of it?

#2451 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

You want a picture of the PS?

Yes, we should be able to tell if it has original capacitors on it.

#2453 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I'll snap one today and post it. I'm sure it's all original.

Also remove CN1 on the power supply to be sure you can see you don't have any burnt pins. Usually a big sign is the white connector housing may have been discolored from a burnt pin. Hopefully, not the case here.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.00
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 22.50
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmaniac40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only?tu=pinballmaniac40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.